Ace Frehley (ex-Kiss) en solo

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

J'avais acheté Anomaly et il ne m'a pas laissé un souvenir impérissable. Je ne l'ai écouté que 2 ou 3 fois d'une oreille distraite en bagnole. Celui là sera forcément pire.
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Sortie en Europe le 07 juin chez Steamhammer.
SPV/Steamhammer has confirmed a July 7th European release date for legendary KISS guitarist ACE FREHLEY's new album, Space Invader, his first new solo album in five years. Entertainment One Music (eOne Music) will release the album on June 24th in North America. Space Invader will include at least nine brand new original songs as well as a cover of THE STEVE MILLER BAND’s 'The Joker'.

Check out a new promo photo featuring Ace wearing clothing from the first KISS album photo session:

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

The official artwork for legendary KISS guitarist Ace Frehley's new album, Space Invader, has been revealed below. Frehley tapped long time friend and artist Ken Kelly who is widely known for his paintings in the sword and sorcery and heroic fantasy sub genres, most notably for the Conan the Barbarian novels. Kelly, who also created the iconic cover art for two of KISS’s best selling LPS, Destroyer (1976) and Love Gun (1977), says, "It was very exciting when I was approached with the idea of doing an album cover for Ace."

He continues, "I had spoken to Ace on a few occasions about the possibility, so I was delighted when it actually happened."

Ace Frehley himself comments, ”I’ve been talking with Ken Kelly since 2007 about painting a CD Cover for me and it has finally happened! I couldn’t be more excited about the new Space Invader cover and the music behind it is also going to rock your world!”

With nearly 35 years between projects, KISS fans will surely be excited about this long-time duo working together again. Kelly concludes, "I am very pleased with the results and proud to play a part of Ace's continuing successful career!"

Frehley's first new solo album in five years will be released by Entertainment One Music (eOne Music) on June 24th in North America and July 7th via
SPV/Steamhammer in Europe. Space Invader will include at least nine brand new original songs as well as a cover of The Steve Miller Band’s "The Joker".

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

:up: Great news ! J'aime beaucoup ACE, son style très personnel, ses riffs bien envoyés et ses soli de l'espace, c'est toujours une surprise d'écouter ses albums, et je l'ai trouvé en bonne forme sur "Anomaly". J'achèterai "Space Invader" (tout un programme, Ace !) sans hésiter. J'adore ce Martien.
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Et en voici un premier extrait, 'Gimme a Feelin' en écoute.

Pierre Desproges
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

:up: Un morceau de qualité ! L'homme est en pleine forme, ça fait plaisir ! Superbes parties de guitare.
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

STEELER a écrit ::up: Un morceau de qualité ! L'homme est en pleine forme, ça fait plaisir ! Superbes parties de guitare.
Oui c'est aussi mon avis.
En revanche, même si ça n'a jamais été son atout majeur, le chant aurait pu être un peu plus soigné.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Oui, c'est son style vocal...toujours un peu décalé, comme s'il sortait du lit. Cela me faisait déjà sourire du temps de KISS, sur "Shock Me" ou "Rocket Ride". J'aime bien, ça fait son charme "spatial" :)
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Oui oui je suis d accord avec tout ça mais sur cet extrait sa voix sonne dégueulasse.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

L'album est repoussé au mois d'août :
Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley's first new solo album in five years has been delayed until August. Entertainment One Music (eOne Music) will release the anxiously-awaited record on August 19th in North America and SPV/Steamhammer will unleash it on August 29th in Europe. Space Invader will include at least nine brand new original songs as well as a cover of The Steve Miller Band’s "The Joker".

Pierre Desproges
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Damn it !!! Mon été est fichu !
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Et un extrait est disponible ici.
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

La reprise du STEVE MILLER BAND aussi en écoute :

"The Joker".

Pierre Desproges
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Thanks for the tracks! Je suis aux anges! Ace tient une sacrée forme : le solo de "Space Invader" est une vraie claque interstellaire!
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

YESS ! J'ai acheté le nouvel ACE, "Space Invader", et je suis aux anges !
Depuis qu'il a réussi à se débarrasser de ses démons, ACE est devenu plus consistant, plus exigeant et plus étonnant. Le précédent album est très réussi("Anomaly"), et on retrouve cette qualité d'écriture (musique/textes) dans "Space Invader". Ace y délivre des myriades de riffs en cascades, quant aux soli, c'est un régal. L'album est très riche, il réserve beaucoup de bonnes surprises. Du Hard-Rock illuminé, généreux, enthousiaste, tout à l'image d'Ace Frehley qui développe ici un sacré enthousiasme.
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Faut vraiment que je me procure l'album, car encore aujourd'hui je suis tombé sur un extrait et j'ai adoré comme les autres! :rock:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Il va sortir un album de reprises en avril :

Tracklist :

1. White Room (original by Cream) 5:04
2. Street Fighting Man (original by The Rolling Stones) 4:00
3. Spanish Castle Magic (original by Jimi Hendrix, feat. John 5) 3:34
4. Fire and Water (original by Free, feat. Paul Stanley) 4:11
5. Emerald (original by Thin Lizzy, feat. Slash), 4:28
6. Bring It On Home (original by Led Zeppelin) 4:25
7. Wild Thing (original by The Troggs, feat. Lita Ford) 3:44
8. Parasite (Kiss, feat. John 5) 4:04
9. Magic Carpet Ride (original by Steppenwolf) 3:43
10. Cold Gin (Kiss, feat. Mike McCreedy) 5:17
11. Till The End Of The Day (original by The Kinks) 2:26
12. Rock N Roll Hell (Kiss) 6:32

Paul Stanley notamment, y apparait en invité.

White Room en écoute :

Pierre Desproges
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

I LOVE ACE. J'adore son jeu. J'ai hâte d'écouter ces reprises.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

"White Room" est très bien exécutée, tout comme "Emerald" que voici :

Cela manque juste un peu de feeling, mais faut dire qu'il s'attaque à des monuments du rock.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sa reprise de "Fire and Water" de Free, avec Paul Stanley au chant!

C'est la première fois qu'ils collaborent depuis 18 ans.
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Le duo fonctionne bien sur ce morceau, et on reconnaît bien la patte d'Ace pour le solo.
Mais le choix des morceaux ne me fait pas vibrer. En fait, les morceaux bluesy m'ennuient.
Je préfère ACE dans un registre plus surprenant.
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Everflow a écrit :Sa reprise de "Fire and Water" de Free, avec Paul Stanley au chant!

C'est la première fois qu'ils collaborent depuis 18 ans.
Ils ont même tourné un clip vidéo ensemble !

Tout aussi surprenant, la reprise de "Rock and Roll hell" qui figurait sur Creatures of the night , le premier album sans Frehley justement. Peut être une manière de dire "Voilà ce que ça aurait pu donner avec moi ..."

Pour mémoire, l'originale chantée par Gene et avec Vinnie Vicent.

mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvelle chanson, news à venir :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en octobre :
ounding KISS guitarist and Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee Ace Frehley has released a new song today called "Rockin' With The Boys". This is the second song Frehley has made available from his forthcoming all-new "Spaceman" album, due October 19 via Entertainment One (eOne). Frehley previously released the track "Bronx Boy" in April.

"Spaceman", Frehley's eighth solo LP, features nine new original tracks, including a cover of Eddie Money's "I Wanna Go Back", a ripping power pop makeover of the original.

"No need to worry, I'll be home soon, 'cause I'm rockin' with the boys," Frehley sings on "Rockin' With the Boys", which tells the tales of life on the road. Ace says he wrote the original version of the song back in KISS's heyday in the '70s. Both "Rockin With The Boys" and "Bronx Boys" are available on all streaming platforms today, and are iTunes instant-grat tracks for fans who preorder the album.

In addition to Ace's distinctive guitar sound on each track, Ace played bass on all of the songs on "Spaceman" except for two. The listener might recognize the mighty dinosaur growl of a bass tone belonging to Gene Simmons on the album opener, "Without You I'm Nothing", which Gene also co-wrote, and "Your Wish Is My Command". Both songs were recorded at Frehley's home studio in Rancho Santa Fe, California.

Ace's reconnection with Simmons and fellow KISS vocalist-guitarist Paul Stanley (who joined Ace on a cover of FREE's "Fire And Water" for 2016's covers LP "Origins, Vol. 1") might be chalked up to the fact that Frehley has been sober for more than a decade (he celebrates 12 years of sobriety in September). Ace's clean living no doubt has a lot to do with his productive streak, which began with the release of his top 20 "Anomaly" album in 2009.

"Spaceman" (a title suggested by Simmons himself) serves as the first collection of all new Frehley-penned material since 2014's "Space Invader", which debuted at No. 9 on the Top 200 chart. The LP scored the highest=charting position of any former or current KISS bandmember ever and marked Frehley's first return to the Top 10 since KISS's 1998 "Psycho Circus" reunion album.

Widely known as the original "Space Ace" and founding guitarist for 16 cumulative years (over two tenures) of the multi-platinum selling rock band KISS, Frehley is arguably the most popular original member. In addition to having the best-selling solo album career (vintage or current) among the original foursome, Frehley's self-titled "Ace Frehley", released in 1978, went on to sell over one million copies, producing the only Top 40 single, "New York Groove", from any of the legendary KISS solo albums (peaking at #13).

"Spaceman" track listing:

01. Without You I'm Nothing
02. Rockin' With the Boys
03. Your Wish Is My Command
04. Bronx Boy
05. Pursuit Of Rock and Roll
06. I Wanna Go Back
07. Mission To Mars
08. Off My Back
09. Quantum Flux

Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Re: Ace Frehley (ex-Kiss) en solo

Message par Gandalf »

Je ne connais pas du tout sa carrière solo, mais ce petit dernier est bien fun et mélodique, pas prise de tête pendant 37 minutes :up:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

J'ai tous ses albums solo, et - à part le 2e - ils m'apportent tous une bonne énergie, avec ce petit clin d'œil fun et glam qui assurent bien. Son imagerie "space rock" le rend très sympathique, et son jeu de guitare est un vrai plaisir.
Ace, c'est toi le meilleur ! Mais oui.
Répondre