Freedom's Reign (ex-Fates Warning) - Shadows Of Doubt

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Guitariste d'origine de Fats Warning, Victor Arduini a son propre groupe qui sort son deuxième album prochainement.
Ça sonne pas mal sur ces extraits.
Victor Arduini, original guitarist and founding member of FATES WARNING (having played on 1984's "Night On Brocken" and 1985's "The Spectre Within"), has completed work on on the second album from his band FREEDOMS REIGN.

The group, which features Arduini on lead vocals and guitar, Tom Vumback on guitar, Mike Jones on bass and Chris Judge on drums, recorded the new CD at Dexters Lab Recording in Milford, Connecticut with Nick Belmore (TOXIC HOLOCAUST). An early 2013 release is expected.

FREEDOMS REIGN's musical direction is described in a press release as "very powerful [with] heavy riffs which hark back to the old FATES" material.

A five-song FREEDOMS REIGN "sampler" video can be seen below. The band is still seeking distribution for the release.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

2 titres en écoute ici : http://www.reverbnation.com/freedomsreign

Y'a de bonnes parties de guitare dans le premier titre. Le second est très fade à mon goût.
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

FREEDOMS REIGN - S/T

Message par metal militia »

FREEDOMS REIGN features FATES WARNING's original guitarist and founding member Victor Arduini, and marks his comeback to the Metal world since he left FATES WARNING after the release of The Spectre Within in 1985.

Keeping his original, charismatic and unmistakable guitar-style untouched, Arduini returns under the spotlights with fresh enthusiasm and dedication, producing a notable effort of true American-styled heavy metal with a classic Ozzy/Sabbath's flavor.
The idea behind the band's formation was to simply make some great music that returned the musicians involved to their roots and could deliver on their commitment to making some Old School Metal that would be relevant in today's scene. Expect nothing less than a true return to heavy, hard and driving Old School Metal.

FREEDOMS REIGN received the imprimatur of While Heaven Wept’s Tom Phillips who recommended the band to his former label, Cruz Del Sur: ”Like many, when I heard Victor Arduini was working on a new band, the my first hope was to hear some long lost riffage along the lines of "Brocken" and "Spectre" - and while Freedoms Reign does not disappoint in that regard - those classic riffs and melodies ARE in there, the overall vibe is more of a late 70's/early 80's heavy rock/early metal feel (with the occasional 90's flourish); Freedoms Reign is definitely a parallel universe to the earliest era of Fates Warning, but via more of a Sabbath/Ozzy trajectory."

:bave: :rock: :bang: :)
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Bonne nouvelle ! :bang:
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Un nouvel extrait du nom de "Shadows Of Doubt" et la pochette qui va avec :
FREEDOMS REIGN, the band led by Victor Arduini, original guitarist and founding member of FATES WARNING (having played on 1984's "Night On Brocken" and 1985's "The Spectre Within"), will release its self-titled debut album on April 30, to celebrate the Walpurgis Night that originally influenced FATES WARNING to release their "Night On Bröcken" debut exactly 29 years ago. The CD was recorded at Dexters Lab Recording in Milford, Connecticut with Nick Belmore (TOXIC HOLOCAUST) and will be made available via Cruz Del Sur Music.

The first single from the CD, "Shadows Of A Doubt", can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

Keeping his original, charismatic and unmistakable guitar style untouched, Arduini returns under the spotlights with fresh enthusiasm and dedication, producing a notable effort of true American-styled heavy metal with a classic OZZY OSBOURNE/BLACK SABBATH flavor.

FREEDOMS REIGN was introduced to Cruz Del Sur by long-time friend and "occasional A&R" Tom Phillips (WHILE HEAVEN WEPT) who said about FREEDOMS REIGN's music: "I think FREEDOMS REIGN would be a welcome addition for anyone into classic heavy rock, early FATES fans, those into both the recent proto-metal movement, and the wave of classic metal bands that evolved on the outer fringes of the doom scene!"

In addition to Arduini (guitar/vocals), FREEDOMS REIGN features Tommy Vumback (guitar), Michael Jones (bass) and Chris Judge (drums).

FREEDOMS REIGN has been active in the Connecticut metal scene since 2011. The idea behind the band's formation was to simply make some great music that returned the musicians involved to their roots and could deliver on their commitment to making some old-school metal that would be relevant in today's scene.

À croire qu'Arduini emprunte le même chemin que Matheos avec O.S.I., les synthés en moins.
La charpente rythmique est très solide, mais le groove des riffs est un peu trop prononcé à mon goût.

À voir ce que ça donnera sur tout l'album.
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Hé bé ça envoie du pâté en croute de cheval :bang:
Quelques passages Sabbathiens au milieu aussi...
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

ouais titre sympa mais bon je n'en peux plus de ces prod' énormes, grasses, lourdes...complètement surproduit et inadapaté au style pour moi. :(

ça me gâche complètement l'écoute... :,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une autre avec des relents de Sabbath :

kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

Le morceau "shadow of doubt" est franchement sympa.du Black Sabbath en plus speed.
par contre la pochette de l'album... :/
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Répondre