Black Star Riders - All Hell Breaks Loose

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

BLACK STAR RIDERS ANNOUNCE DEBUT ALBUM TITLE,
TRACK LISTING & WORLDWIDE RELEASE DATES

BLACK STAR RIDERS, the new band featuring THIN LIZZY members Ricky Warwick, Damon Johnson, Scott Gorham and Marco Mendoza together with drummer Jimmy DeGrasso (Alice Cooper / Megadeth), have announced 'All Hell Breaks Loose' as the title of their debut album on Nuclear Blast Entertainment, which will be released Worldwide on the following dates:

May 21st - Japan
May 22nd - Sweden
May 24th - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Finland, Norway
May 27th - U.K., France, BeNeLux, Poland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Greece
May 28th - U.S., Canada, Italy, South America

About the origin of the album title, BLACK STAR RIDERS frontman Ricky Warwick states:

"I was watching a documentary about World War II bombers and saw the name painted on the side of one of the aircraft. The name just resonated with me and it seem to encapsulate the turmoil that we, as a society, are currently experiencing. The past few years have been such a wild ride and now with the release of the album, it sounded like a bad-ass album title that summed up what BLACK STAR RIDERS is all about."

Produced & mixed by the legendary Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Rush), the track listing for All Hell Breaks Loose is:

01. All Hell Breaks Loose
02. Bound For Glory
03. Kingdom Of The Lost
04. Bloodshot
05. Kissin' The Ground
06. Hey Judas
07. Hoodoo Voodoo
08. Valley Of The Stones
09. Someday Salvation
10. Before The War
11. Blues Ain't So Bad

The album will be released as a standard CD and also as a special edition digi-pak featuring a bonus track "Got A Right To Be Wrong" and a "Making of" DVD.

A 24-minute compilation of behind-the-scenes video reports from the band's studio time in Los Angeles can be viewed on YouTube:

Confirmed festival appearances for BLACK STAR RIDERS include:

June 1st Hi Rock Festival - Inzell, Germany
June 2nd Hi Rock Festival - St. Goarshausen, Germany
June 8th Sweden Rock Festival - Solvesborg, Sweden
Nov. 29th Hard Rock Hell - N. Wales, U.K.

More tour dates to be announced shortly.
Bon et bien je suis pressé d'entendre ça! :rock: :up:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En espérant un peu de feu sacré :guitare:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
blacksabbasteph
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par blacksabbasteph »

je le sens bien moi ce skeud !!!! :rock:
Keep the world with all its sin....it's not fit for livin' iiiiiin !!!!
Phil
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Phil »

Je suis beaucoup plus circonspect. Il y a un signe qui fait que je le suis, c'est que Downey s'est barré. :hum:
blacksabbasteph
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par blacksabbasteph »

Phil a écrit :Je suis beaucoup plus circonspect. Il y a un signe qui fait que je le suis, c'est que Downey s'est barré. :hum:
hum, c'est vrai Philou que c'est pas très bon signe en effet....mais j'adore Jimmy de grasso !!!! :D
Keep the world with all its sin....it's not fit for livin' iiiiiin !!!!
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Debut Single: Bound For Glory
Release Date: 22nd March 2013

Debut Album: All Hell Breaks Loose
Release Date: 24th May 2013

BLACK STAR RIDERS have announced All Hell Breaks Loose as the title of their debut album on Nuclear Blast Entertainment, which will be released in the UK on the 27th May 2013.

The album will be preceded by a first single “Bound For Glory”. Set for release on Sunday 24th March 2013, the single will get its first public airing on the UK’s Ken Bruce’s Radio 2 radio show on Thursday 21st March 2013. About the single, BLACK STAR RIDERS frontman Ricky Warwick states: “Bound For Glory – a song for the lost but never lonely, walking tall in the face of everyday adversary, everyone has a story to tell, revolution begins in the mirror!!!”. Guitarist Scott Gorham adds: “When it came time to pick one of these songs as a single, we had a really hard time. There are so many really great tracks here and everyone had their favourites. But in the end, we all agreed that Bound for Glory is the perfect choice and represents what Black Star Riders is all about.”

About the origin of the album title, Ricky goes on to say:

“I was watching a documentary about World War II bombers and saw the name painted on the side of one of the aircraft. The name just resonated with me and it seem to encapsulate the turmoil that we, as a society, are currently experiencing. The past few years have been such a wild ride and now with the release of the album, it sounded like a bad-ass album title that summed up what BLACK STAR RIDERS is all about.”

The single and album were produced & mixed by the legendary Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Rush).

The album will be released as a standard CD and also as a special edition digi-pak featuring a bonus track “Right To Be Wrong” and a “Making of” DVD.

A 24-minute compilation of behind-the-scenes video reports from the band’s studio time in Los Angeles can be viewed on YouTube:

When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Et le single 'Bound for Glory' est en écoute :

ICI
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sans surprise un single qui sonne comme du Thin Lizzy très classique, un peu trop même peut-être. Mais c'est pas mal, et pas surproduit. A voir pour la suite.
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Une agréable surprise pour ma part. C'est vrai que ça sonne très formaté Lizzy Classic mais ça me va!
En tout cas ça sonne pas comme du Sinner, c'est le principal. :D :D :D
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Même avis. Ça sonne très THIN LIZZY, mais heureusement, c'est ce qu'on attend. Son brut, guitares en avant, bonnes mélodies, choeurs bien en place, Warwick sobre et juste, solo classe. Bien mieux que ce à quoi je m'attendais. :)
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

L'artwork de l'album:

Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mouais, à la limite j'aurais préféré la pochette du single.
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Oh je l'aime bien cette pochette perso, je trouve qu'elle colle bien à cette optique de chercher à persister dans cet esprit traditionnel illustré par l'extrait.
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Excellent boulot! Un morceau hyper-bien ficelé, dans l'esprit Thin Lizzy. Quant à la pochette "vintage", j'adore!
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Everflow a écrit :Mouais, à la limite j'aurais préféré la pochette du single.
Oh que oui! :up:
Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

Pas mal, c'est clair que ça sonne grave comme du Lizzy classic
mais ça s'écoute facilement.
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Les paroles qui vont avec :

BLACK STAR RIDERS, the new band featuring THIN LIZZY members Ricky Warwick, Damon Johnson, Scott Gorham and Marco Mendoza together with drummer
Jimmy DeGrasso (Alice Cooper / Megadeth), have announced All Hell Breaks Loose as the title of their debut album on Nuclear Blast Entertainment, which will be released in Europe on the 24th May 2013.

The album was preceded by a single “Bound For Glory”. Released on Sunday 24th March 2013, the single had its first public airing on Ken Bruce’s Radio 2 radio show on Thursday 21st March 2013.

The band have just released a lyric video for the track – available to view here :

About the single, BLACK STAR RIDERS frontman Ricky Warwick states: “Bound For Glory - a song for the lost but never lonely, walking tall in the face of everyday adversary, everyone has a story to tell, revolution begins in the mirror!!!”. Guitarist Scott Gorham adds: “When it came time to pick one of these songs as a single, we had a really hard time. There are so many really great tracks here and everyone had their favourites. But in the end, we all agreed that Bound for Glory is the perfect choice and represents what Black Star Riders is all about.”

About the origin of the album title, Ricky goes on to say:
“I was watching a documentary about World War II bombers and saw the name painted on the side of one of the aircraft. The name just resonated with me and it seem to encapsulate the turmoil that we, as a society, are currently experiencing. The past few years have been such a wild ride and now with the release of the album, it sounded like a bad-ass album title that summed up what BLACK STAR RIDERS is all about.”

The single and album were produced & mixed by the legendary Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Rush).

The album will be released as a standard CD and also as a special edition digi-pak featuring a bonus track “Right To Be Wrong” and a “Making of” DVD.
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Bloodstock Radio DJ Michelle Livings recently conducted an interview with BLACK STAR RIDERS and THIN LIZZY members Ricky Warwick (vocals) and Scott Gorham (guitar).

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une autre chanson, qui ne m'a pas vraiment convaincue, malgré l'esprit celtique et l'héritage de "Emerald".

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Effectivement moins réussi que l'excellent Bound for Glory, mais bon morceau tout de même.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour écouter l'album en intégralité :

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=190348
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Chouette titre d'un album que je trouve au demeurant sympathique mais pas très 'marquant'. Autant la majeur partie de la disco de Thin Lizzy continuera de tourner, autant celui-ci risque de plus vite tomber aux oubliettes.

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Marco Mendoza va prochainement quitter le groupe :
Bassist Marco Mendoza will leave BLACK STAR RIDERS at the end of the band's current U.S. tour on June 22 and will be replaced by Robbie Crane (RATT, VINCE NEIL, LYNCH MOB).

Marco, a founding member of BLACK STAR RIDERS alongside fellow THIN LIZZY alumni Ricky Warwick (guitar, vocals), Damon Johnson (guitar), Scott Gorham (guitar), has decided to pursue other projects after potential conflicts in schedules.

Comments Gorham: "I am very sad to see Marco go. We have been together in a band now for almost 20 years and Marco is my brother and we wish him well for the future. It's an amicable parting of ways and we all respect that Marco wants to do other projects outside of BLACK STAR RIDERS and there just isn't time to do both."

Adds Warwick: "Marco will always be part of the BLACK STAR RIDERS family and a true friend of ours.

"We are very happy to introduce Robbie Crane to everyone as the new BLACK STAR RIDERS bass player. The guy killed the audition and we can't wait to get on stage with him on our European run starting mid-July and then, of course, in the studio in the autumn for the recording of the second BLACK STAR RIDERS record."

States Mendoza: "I loved my time in BLACK STAR RIDERS and want to thank all the fans for making the last year on road so successful.

"I am sorry to be leaving the band, but I feel it's time for me to pursue other avenues, some of which I have already been working with, all of which I am very excited about.

"I wish the guys all success in the future and I am very happy that my friend Robbie Crane will continue to blaze with BLACK STAR RIDERS."

Comments Crane: "I am very excited to be a part of the BLACK STAR RIDERS family. As a longtime fan of their music, I am thrilled to be a part of the band."

BLACK STAR RIDERS, whose lineup is completed by Jimmy DeGrasso (ALICE COOPER, MEGADETH, DAVID LEE ROTH, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) on drums, will enter a studio in Dublin, Ireland in October with producer, and DEF LEPPARD frontman, Joe Elliott, to begin recording its sophomore album for an early 2015 release via Nuclear Blast Entertainment. Also working on the project will be longtime LEPPARD sound guru Ronan McHugh.

Pierre Desproges
Répondre