Chimaira - Crown Of Phantoms

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Jeff Von Dijon
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Jeff Von Dijon »

D'après la photo de couverture du facebook du groupe:
Et voilà 2 teasers:

Globox666 a écrit :Picoler en écoutant du metal avec le cul qui sent le mixa bébé, ça c'est subversif ! :D
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Enfin "Chimaira" quoi. :hum:
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Cleveland. Ohio-based metallers CHIMAIRA have announced a massive crowdfunding campaign surrounding the release of their brand new LP, "Crown Of Phantoms". The CD will be released on Tuesday, July 30 via eOne Music.

The band is seeking support for a special fan-edition CD/DVD. This edition and its perks will only be available to campaign supporters and will not be sold anywhere else. Specifically, supporters will be contributing to the following:

* Two narrative music videos
* A behind-the-scenes making-of documentary, "Crown Of Phantoms"
* Seven additional tracks exclusive to the fan edition
* Various behind-the-scenes videos
* Expanded version of "Dr. Z" with fan-determined ending
* Full-length album commentary that features dialog from all the band members as they listen to the record start to finish
* Graphic art storyboards created specifically for the music videos included in the fan-edition booklet
* Original artwork and packaging exclusive to the fan edition

To further conceptualize their plan, the band has released a video explaining, with some satire, the details of their campaign along with a sneak peek of a brand new track called "Kings Of The Shadow World" and a visual display of the many creative perks they're offering to contributors.

Comments CHIMAIRA frontman Mark Hunter: "When I started this band, I had a desire to make extremely heavy, eclectic metal. Nothing has changed in that regard. I wanted to merge all the styles I loved into a hybrid of sounds. Having the chance to reinvent the group gave me the opportunity to work with unbelievable players and take the essence of CHIMAIRA to uncharted territory. Assembling the right team was essential to creating what I feel is some of the craziest and most passionate music I've had the pleasure to be a part of. The past defines us while the present refines us."

In a 2012 interview with Metal Insider, Hunter stated about CHIMAIRA's plans for the new CD: ""We want to come out with an album that not only captures the essence of what the fans have grown to know over the years, but we want to do something not only for the scene that's special, but for musicians out there, too. The musicianship in this band now is definitely on the next level. Everyone's pretty much a virtuoso at their instrument. Some of the stuff Emil [Werstler, guitar] was writing yesterday on this new song, I'm watching him play and I'm like, 'There are only going to be about a handful of people that'll able to play this!' [laughs] I'm imagining like a kid getting home, getting our new record and maybe they have the guitar, and they go sit down and try play along to it. And it's going to take them a very long time. [laughs]"

He added: "We couldn't be happier moving forward. It sucks that we had to go through hell — no pun intended — to get to where we are now. But I think all of us, coming from lessons of life, lessons of bands, lessons of the industry, we've lived and learned and now we have something completely different to prove."

CHIMAIRA's current lineup is as follows:

Mark Hunter - Vocals
Matt Szlachta (DIRGE WITHIN) - Guitar
Jeremy Creamer (DAATH) - Bass
Emil Werstler (DAATH) - Guitar
Sean Zatorsky (DAATH) - Keyboards
Austin D'Amond (BLEED THE SKY, THE ELITE) - Drums
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

J'adore les albums de "The Impossibility of Reason" jusqu'à "The Infection" compris mais là c'est vraiment médiocre. Enfin ce n'est plus vraiment le même groupe à vrai dire. Ou c'est peut-être moi qui ai grandi. :D
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

mike-polar a écrit :J'adore les albums de "The Impossibility of Reason" jusqu'à "The Infection" compris mais là c'est vraiment médiocre. Enfin ce n'est plus vraiment le même groupe à vrai dire. Ou c'est peut-être moi qui ai grandi. :D
Comme toi ! Jusque The Infection j'aime beaucoup mais là... Ils ont perdus leurs zicos essentiels, c'est tout :nul:
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Quel gâchis ce groupe. Ils avaient le potentiel pour être très gros. Je me rappelle de la claque que m'avais mis "The Impossibility Of Reason"!
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Emil Werstler quitte le groupe :
Guitarist Emil Werstler has decided to leave CHIMAIRA after a three-year tenure with the band.

Werstler spent the first few months playing bass for CHIMAIRA, but switched back to his original instrument in 2012 following the announcement that guitarists Rob Arnold and Matt DeVries were leaving the group at the end of 2011.

Emil, best known for his gypsy jazz-infused guitar playing with LEVI/WERSTLER and DÅÅTH, has issued the following statement about his departure:

"My time in CHIMAIRA has, unfortunately, come to an end. It is time for me to move on as I continue to focus on harvesting my abilities as a musician.

"I'm very fond of everyone in the band and wish them all the best in the future.

"Although this was a difficult choice to make, I feel it was necessary in order to take the next step in my career. The best is still yet to come and I'm very excited for the multiple projects I am working on.

"I would like to thank the band, management, and, most importantly, all the fans for the endless support and understanding."
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Comme il y a quelques années, tous les musiciens quittent le groupe, excepté le chanteur, dernier membre fondateur :
Following the departure of guitarist Emil Werstler, the rest of Chimaira‘s current lineup sans vocalist Mark Hunter have now quit the group as well. Guitarist Matt Szlachta, keyboardist/vocalist Sean Zatorsky, bassist Jeremy Creamer and drummer Austin D’Amond issued the following collective statement to Theprp.com today:

“In light of recent news, the rest of the band have decided to part ways with Chimaira. For us this was a great stepping stone, and an honor to play these songs live, and fulfill an incredible legacy. This was an an excellent platform to help continue playing music, when our collective bands either ended or went on a hiatus. Chimaira was an amazing experience and we look forward to future music endeavors with eachother.”
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

putain soit Mark Hunter a une poisse incroyable, soit c'est vraiment une enflure insupportable pour que 2 line ups entiers le larguent en l'espace de 3 ans. :euh:

Ils auraient dû arrêter après The Infection. La triplette Impossibility/Chimaira/Resurrection était vraiment bonnarde en y repensant. Quel gâchis. :(

Je n'ai même pas écouté le dernier album tellement ce groupe est mort et enterré pour moi.
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

le groupe arrete ses activités musicales
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

3 ans après le split, le groupe est de retour avec son line up classique, c'est à dire celui de l'album The Impossibility of Reason qui jouera ensemble pour la premiere fois depuis 2010.Pour l'instant il s'agit d'une date unique à Cleveland. Je ne sais pas si autre chose est prévu pour la suite.

J'adorais ce groupe en tant qu'ado mais la manière dont les choses ont fini m'a laissé un goût assez amer donc faudrait que ça soit vraiment excellent pour qu'ils arrivent à remonter la pente.
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Groupe talentueux qui aurait pu aller bien plus haut, dommage. Peut-être que cette reformation avec le line-up d'époque leur redonnera un coup de boost.
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Oui, j'ai toujours pensé qu'avec un peu de chance, ils auraient pu atteindre le niveau d'un Lamb Of God, ou au moins d'un Hatebreed ou Devildriver pour rester dans les groupes de cette vague là.

Après je pense que le groupe s'est surtout tiré une balle dans le pied par rapport au choix des tournées. Alors que les autres groupes cités ont vachement bénéficié de faire des premières parties de gros groupes, ou au moins faire des tournées en package, j'ai l'impression qu'ils ont vite voulu être en tête daffiche et ont peut être été trop gourmand au niveau du cachet demandé. Ils ont aussi évité les fests en Europe pendant pas mal d'années, ce qui est un peu con vu leur importance sur le marché Européen.

Aussi ça n'a pas dû les aider que leur premier album, à part un ou deux titres, soit du néo métal de 2nde division.Beaucoup de gens sont restés sur cette impression. Ou peut être que The Infection, que j'aime bien, a été un changement trop radical. J'en sais rien mais j'ai toujours l'impression qu'il y a un sacré gâchis.
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Impression partagée. Mais si ce concert de décembre est un test on peut avoir bon espoir de les revoir cet été.
Répondre