Dee Snider en solo + projets

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

olivier64 a écrit :Faut espérer que ça sera meilleur que sa version piano/voix de We're Not Gonna Take It. :/
Cela reste une bonne intention, je veux parler de la cause pour laquelle il fait ça.
Mais ce n'était clairement pas le bon choix de chanson, la sauce ne prend pas.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Finalement ça reste du rock (US) :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une autre chanson, en soutien aux amérindiens du Dakota :
Not one to shy away from any political or social cause that he wholeheartedly believes in, legendary rocker Dee Snider is now showing his support for the thousands of men and women at the Standing Rock Indian reservation in North Dakota who are protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline.

In a video for "So What" that premiered earlier today, Dee and son/director Cody Snider beautifully exhibit the faces of the courageous men, women and children that are fighting for their land and offers a glimpse at the resistance and tribulation they are faced with as they stand their ground. The song can be found on Dee's new solo album, "We Are The Ones", which was released October 28 on Red River Records (distributed by BFD/RED).

As Snider recently told the New York Post's Page Six: "To see U.S. government state and local authorities, along with hired private security, use this type of extreme violent force against unarmed American citizens in peaceful prayer is the saddest, most disturbing thing I have ever experienced. I'm glad we were there to capture the truth for all to see."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Snider va sortir un album solo au nom explicite : "For the love of Metal"
TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider has inked a deal with Napalm Records for his upcoming solo album. Titled "For The Love Of Metal", the disc, which was produced by HATEBREED vocalist Jamey Jasta, will be released on July 27. The effort features contributions from Howard Jones (ex-KILLSWITCH ENGAGE), Mark Morton (LAMB OF GOD), Alissa White-Gluz (ARCH ENEMY), Joel Grind and Nick Bellmore (TOXIC HOLOCAUST), and Charlie Bellmore (KINGDOM OF SORROW). Songtitles set to appear on the LP include "American Made" and "Lies Are A Business", which will open the disc.

Snider comments on the signing: "I am beyond excited to be working with one of the world's leading labels for heavy music. It's a perfect home for this album! I believe there's something for every hard rock and metal fan on this record and I cannot wait to unleash it on the world July 27th!"

Thomas Caser, managing director of Napalm Records, comments: "We are absolutely delighted to announce this signing today. It's an honor to work with such an iconic artist such as Dee who lives and breathes metal! This album is nothing but pure metal and adrenaline!"

Speaking to Chris Annunziata of the New Jersey radio station 90.3 WMSC-FM, Snider stated about "For The Love Of Metal": "This is a really exciting album I did not expect to make, especially at this point in my life. I was doing Jamey Jasta's podcast, and he challenged me to make a contemporary rock record. And I was, like, 'Who's producing?' He said, 'I am.' And so we went in the studio [with] no record deal, and people started flocking [to appear on the LP]. It just amazed me, the enthusiasm and excitement that these younger musicians — younger than me, at least — had for working with Dee Snider and being a part of this project."

Dee went on to say that "the album turned out phenomenal," so much so that "we had a bidding war from all the major metal labels," he said. "As Jamey would say, it is hard. It harkens back to my earliest work with TWISTED SISTER, but it's very contemporary sounding with my voice. And people are astounded, actually, that I still have a very strong, very powerful, and as Jamey says, an important, iconic rock voice. So I'm very excited about this album."

Jasta previously described the LP as a "full-on metal album," adding that "people are gonna lose their minds when they hear this." He also called Dee "one of the best vocalists of our time" whose "voice is up there with Ozzy [Osbourne], [Ronnie James] Dio, [Bruce] Dickinson and [Rob] Halford to me. "And it's as powerful as ever!" he said.

"Although this album will be very heavy, the songs are anthemic and will fit well in his solo set with 'We're Not Gonna Take It', 'I Wanna Rock', 'Burn In Hell', 'We Are The Ones', 'So What' and others," Jamey promised.

Snider's last solo album, "We Are The Ones", was released in October 2016 via Red River Records. Produced by Damon Ranger, the disc was described by Dee as "an album that is think part FOO FIGHTERS, part IMAGINE DRAGONS, part THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:bow: + :banghorns: =pochette

Monty Burnes
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Monty Burnes »

En espérant que ça sera mieux que le précédent parce que j'ai été bien déçue...
I lived in magic solitude of cloudy looking mountains...
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Vous connaissiez cette version piano/voix de "We're not gonna take it" par lui même contre le cancer ?
Etonnant et powerful je trouve :bravo: :rock:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

C est celle qu'il joue en live.
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Oui, Olivier l'avait postée à la page précédente du topic. ;)
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Everflow a écrit :
30 mai 2018, 18:10
Oui, Olivier l'avait postée à la page précédente du topic. ;)
Je devais pas avoir les yeux en face des trous :D
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Monty Burnes
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Monty Burnes »

I lived in magic solitude of cloudy looking mountains...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un peu générique, avec des influences Metallica, mais ça s'écoute.
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Ce que je note surtout c'est l'influence Jamey Jasta/Hatebreed, qui a produit l'album. Surtout les paroles hyper génériques, on dirait This Is Now
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

L'album est sorti hier visiblement.
"For The Love Of Metal" track listing:

01. Lies Are A Business
02. Tomorrow's No Concern
03. I Am The Hurricane
04. American Made
05. Roll Over You
06. I'm Ready
07. Running Mazes
08. Mask
09. Become The Storm
10. The Hardest Way
11. Dead Hearts (Love Thy Enemy)
12. For The Love of Metal
2 nouveaux extraits

Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Feuilleté en vitesse sur Spotify.
Moins pire que ce que je craignais. Je pense qu il mérite une écoute. En tout cas le projet le plus Metal de sa carrière.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le chant de Snider est très bon, après musicalement je suis partagé pour l'instant sur ces extraits. Rien de mauvais, c'est bien réalisé, mais ça reste assez Metal américain générique voire formaté.
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

J'aime beaucoup "Become The Storm" avec un bon feeling, mais les 2 autres :zzz:
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
JCHDR
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par JCHDR »

Pour " for the love of metal" je trouve l'album bien sympa et pas surproduit comme hélas on voit trop de groupes le faire depuis quelques années , bref un bon album :up:
metallian
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metallian »

C’est le 5 octobre que paraîtra l’album live Sick Mutha F**kers – Live In The USA, qui inclura plusieurs titres parmi les plus populaires de Twisted Sister, dont We’re Not Gonna Take It et I Wanna Rock. L’album compte 16 titres tous plus énergiques les uns que les autres. Ces titres ont été enregistrés durant la tournée SMF en 1995.

Les titres faisant partie de ce nouvel album sont :

What You Don’t Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
The Kids Are Back
Stay Hungry
Destroyer
I Am (I’m Me)
You Can’t Stop Rock N Roll
Medley: Come Out And Play, The Pack, I Believe In Rock N Roll, Be Chrool To Your Scuel
We’re Gonna Make It
I Wanna Rock
Wake Up (The Sleeping Giant)
Burn In Hell
Shoot ‘Em Down
Under The Blade
We’re Not Gonna Take It
The Price
S.M.F.

FORMATION :
Aj Pero (Batterie), Dee Snider (Chant), Derek Tailer (Basse), Keith Alexander (Guitares), Tony Palmucci (Guitares)

ImageImage
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

r-2027574-1427903410-1828-jpeg.jpg
Pour info c est un live qui est déjá sorti en 1997
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Album live en vue.

1. Lies Are a Business
2. Tomorrow's No Concern
3. You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll (Twisted Sister cover)
4. The Beast (Twisted Sister cover)
5. American Made
6. Under the Blade (Twisted Sister cover)
7. The Kids Are Back (Twisted Sister cover)
8. Become the Storm
9. We're Not Gonna Take It (Twisted Sister cover)
10. I Am the Hurricane
11. Burn in Hell (Twisted Sister cover)
12. I Wanna Rock (Twisted Sister cover)
13. For the Love of Metal
14. Highway to Hell (AC/DC cover)
15. Prove Me Wrong

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Dee Snider en solo + projets

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album de Snider.
Pour être sûr d'obtenir le tampon LEMETAL, il a même invité Corpsegrinder sur un titre.

L'extrait s'écoute bien avec son mérite à l'efficacité... même si c'est (encore) un peu trop américano-générique pour moi.
In 2018, legendary heavy metal vocalist and pop culture pillar Dee Snider turned the heavy music world on its axis with his transformative album, For The Love Of Metal. Produced by Hatebreed frontman Jamey Jasta, the album re-cemented Dee’s undeniable prowess with its modernized mastery and take-no-prisoners attitude. Three years later, with one of the most collectively tumultuous times society has ever experienced behind him, Dee Snider triumphantly returns with his fifth full-length album, Leave A Scar, out July 30 via Napalm Records.

Once again produced by Jamey Jasta with co-production, mixing and mastering by drummer Nick Bellmore, Leave A Scar sees Dee Snider & Co. continuing in the invigorated direction of For The Love Of Metal, infusing a dose of classic heavy metal flavor that longtime fans will rush to embrace.

In celebration of the album’s announcement, Dee Snider has unleashed the album’s first single, the charging track “I Gotta Rock (Again)”, accompanied by a new music video. Channeling his years as one of music’s most respected vocalists while harnessing modern flair, Dee Snider delivers a headbanging anthem of lifelong dedication to heavy metal - no matter what!

Dee Snider says about “I Gotta Rock (Again)”: "‘I Gotta Rock (Again)’ is the starting gun for this album and the driving motivation behind me returning to the studio to record Leave a Scar. At the end of 2019, I had felt my recording and live performing was over, but I didn't announce it to the world. I mentally had decided I was done. But the state of things in 2020 had other plans for me. Between Covid and the political state around the globe, I found myself yearning (yes, I yearn) to get back in the studio. In the immortal words of Ice Cube, "I got somethin' to say!"

Watch the music video for “I Gotta Rock (Again)” below.

Like a scar itself, Leave A Scar is an illuminating plentitude of angst etched in time – serving as a musical refuge and expressive output for Dee. But in turn, this auditory time capsule written to express the anger, unease and pain he experienced during lockdown emerges as not only blisteringly heavy, but relentlessly powerful. Each of the 12 tracks on Leave A Scarnot only further bolster Dee Snider’s position as one of the most celebrated frontmen of all time, showcasing that his vocal delivery and commanding swagger is as strong as ever, but that he is nowhere near stopping.

Heads will bang within seconds of the hard-charging opening notes of ultra-catchy album starter and lifer anthem “I Gotta Rock (Again)”, instantly setting the stage for the non-stop onslaught of metallic mainstays to come. Tracks like the brutal “Time To Choose” – featuring the primed guest vocal attack of Cannibal Corpse’s George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher – and mosh-ready “The Reckoning” showcase the album’s heavy assault, without sacrificing the harmonic goodness evident on tracks like the unrelenting, hooky thrasher “All Or Nothing More” and melodic, metalcore inspired “In For The Kill”. Energetic single of strength “Down But Never Out” encapsulates the chunky riffage and driving drums palpable throughout the album, while searing “Before I Go” provides one of the album’s most massive, memorable choruses and chilling lyrics. The album closes with victorious ballad “Stand”, a call for listeners to take a stand and make their voices heard. If For The Love Of Metal ignited Dee Snider’s eminent surge into a new era – Leave A Scar sets it ablaze.

Dee Snider says about Leave A Scar: “By the end of 2020, I knew I not only had to get back into the studio, but for the first time since the '90s, I wanted – no, needed – to be a part of the writing process. I reached out to my producer Jamey Jasta and told him I was ready to make another record. Leave a Scar is filled with messages to and for the silent voices in the world who need someone to speak out on their behalf. This is my purpose.”

Jamey Jasta says regarding working with Dee Snider again: “Getting to work with Dee again has been incredible! The power and range in his vocals on this album really shine. Not only is he an American treasure and staple in the rock/metal community, he’s a truly original voice and talent like no other. Combine that with the metallic prowess of the Bellmore bros + Russell Pzütto and Nick Petrino, you get a rockin’ metal recipe that even the most "Dee-hard" SMF’ers will surely love!”

Répondre