reformation de Exhorder (thrash / groove)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Legendary American thrash metal band EXHORDER is back and has signed a worldwide management deal with All Independent Service Alliance (AISA) .

The new EXHORDER lineup features founding members Vinnie LaBella (guitar) and Kyle Thomas (vocals) along with Jason Viebrooks (HEATHEN) on bass, Marzi Montazeri (ex-SUPERJOINT RITUAL, PHILIP H. ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS) on guitar and Sasha Horn (FORBIDDEN) on drums.

LaBella commented: "Over our 30-year history, we have obviously had more than our fair share of struggles. Struggles that have broken us apart on several occasions. Whether those struggles were internal, external or both, no matter the situation, we always find are way back to one another. How? Why? It took me 30 years to realize it's because the relationships run too deep, the songs are timeless, and the fans are ageless. It's meant so much to us and so many others. And it's for these reasons EXHORDER can't be broken, even by the hands that created it. Like it or not, love it or hate it, EXHORDER is forever and it's my duty, my honor and privilege to do it again!"

Thomas added: "It would probably be best to never say never for the rest of my life, because I thought that this could not happen again. However, here we are one more time!

"I am extremely pumped to take the stage yet again with EXHORDER to bring to life some of the most classic songs in thrash metal and hardcore history. We will put everything into it as always, doing our best to see to it that no one will ever walk away from an EXHORDER show dissatisfied. We're back!"

2018 will be extremely exciting for the band, as EXHORDER will play its first shows in the U.S. in February and is planning on taking summer festivals by storm! The band will perform its legendary first album, "Slaughter In The Vatican", and sophomore album, "The Law", in their entirety on Friday, February 9 and Saturday, February 10, respectively, at the St. Vitus Bar in Brooklyn, New York. EXHORDER will also play a homecoming show in New Orleans at Southport Hall on February 12.

EXHORDER relased two albums in the early 1990s through the Roadrunner label — 1990's "Slaughter in the Vatican" and 1992's "The Law" — before breaking up, with Kyle going on to form FLOODGATE (and also briefly appearing live as the vocalist for TROUBLE). Thomas subsequently spent time fronting PITTS VS PREPS, which he described as "center[ing] around the truest sound of heavy metal in the realm of old JUDAS PRIEST and IRON MAIDEN."

EXHORDER is cited by many as the originators of the riff-heavy power-groove approach popularized by PANTERA.

Poland's Metal Mind Productions re-released the two albums from EXHORDER in May 2008. Each limited-edition digipack title (limited to 2,000 copies) was made available on golden disc, digitally remastered using 24-bit technology.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exhord ... BZUBKw1.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Re: reformation de Exhorder (thrash / groove)

Message par metalrunner »

Belle section rythmique .Même si je ne suis pas fan ultime je dois reconnaître que slaughter est un sacre album précurseur vivement du live :bang: :bang:
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

A voir ce que ça donne. La reformation initiale a été plombée par la mort soudaine du bassiste et je ne m'attendais pas à ce qu'ils relancent le truc. La vidéo live que j'ai vu du Rock Hard 2011 envoyait sévère donc espérons qu'ils ont garder l'énergie.

Une tournée commune avec Demolition Hammer serait sympa pour le coup
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Ils seraient à priori au prochain Hellfest :) :up:
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Je croise les doigts pour le Brutal Assault
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Ils prennent du plaisir les bougres :bang: :bang: :bang:
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

Exhorder au hellfest , au party san, au brutal assault et en principe a paris
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

over'phil a écrit :
06 mars 2018, 07:15
Exhorder au hellfest , au party san, au brutal assault et en principe a paris
à l´Alcatraz aussi, et au KIT...
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Nouvel album prevu pour le 20 septembre. Sortie sur Nuclear Blast

New Orleans-based thrash metal pioneers EXHORDER will release their first album in 27 years, "Mourn The Southern Skies", on September 20 via Nuclear Blast Records. The band now features founding members Vinnie La Bella (guitar) and Kyle Thomas (vocals) along with Jason Viebrooks (HEATHEN) on bass, Marzi Montazeri (ex-SUPERJOINT RITUAL, PHILIP H. ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS) on guitar and Sasha Horn (FORBIDDEN) on drums.

"Mourn The Southern Skies" track listing:

01. My Time
02. Asunder
03. Hallowed Sounds
04. Beware The Wolf
05. Yesterday's Bones
06. All She Wrote
07. Rumination
08. The Arms Of Man
09. Ripping Flesh
10. Mourn The Southern Skies

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

J aime bien la pochette par contre le morceau c est pas très original .C est bien fait c est carre mais trop commun ...maintenant tout le monde fait ça.
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Oui effectivement pas terrible. On dirait du Testament moderne de seconde zone.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mmm moi je trouve que ça ressemble plus à du Exodus (moderne) dans l'attitude, avec (encore) plus de fucks. :D
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

C’est fucking chiant le Exodus moderne .
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Une tournée commune Exodus Exhorder 2 pour le prix d un en prévision ;)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le guitariste Marzi Montazeri s'est barré, remplacé par Pat O'Brien l'ancien de Cannibal Corpse (sorti de taule récemment).
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en mars.
NOLA thrash and groove trailblazers Exhorder have revealed details and plans for the release of their eagerly anticipated 4th full-length record, "Defectum Omnium," that’s due out March 8th from Nuclear Blast Records. Featuring 12 crushing tracks and ominous cover artwork by Travis Smith (Katatonia, Opeth), the album follows the band’s critically revered 2019 release Mourn The Southern Skies. Fans can pre-order "Defectum Omnium" now!

Commenting on the impending album, vocalist/guitarist Kyle Thomas states:

"It’s been quite a journey for Exhorder since the 2019 release of ‘Mourn the Southern Skies’. Line-up changes as well as the 2020-2021 pandemic and lockdown presented hurdles that weren’t easy to overcome. But we persevered, kept our heads down and went to work with intense focus and real goals. One of those goals was to bring our fourth full length album to our fan base. ‘Defectum Omnium’ is a collaborative effort in songwriting, much as it was in the early days of Exhorder. We produced it ourselves, as we felt no need or desire to bring in anyone from the outside based upon our shared vision. It was also important to us not only to continue the natural progression this band has been in since the early 90’s, but to put a foot back into our roots. The influence punk and hardcore had on this band from getting our start in the New Orleans punk rock scene has a strong presence. We’ve also made sure to keep plenty of our thrash roots as well in our songwriting process.

"But we have also managed to keep our doom roots alive, which first surfaced on the song ‘(Cadence of) the Dirge’ back in 1992. In fact, on one new song we have guest appearances by Rick Wartell and Bruce Franklin from Trouble, and they absolutely killed it!

"From the time that we began pre-production until the actual release date, we can promise you that every bit of ‘Defectum Omnium’ was crafted with great care, and we are really excited about it! Our goal was to make an album that WE loved and gives the experience of a journey, or maybe even a rollercoaster ride effect. We can’t wait to share it with the world!"

Without further ado, Exhorder kicks in the door of 2024 with a savage new track, "Year of the Goat," that sets the neck-snapping pace for the record to come. Watch the music video directed by Brian "Bone" Thorburn and produced by Threshold Studios at the link below.

Adding on the new song, Thomas says:

"Our debut single ‘Year of the Goat’ is a fast paced, chugging piece in the spirit of the influence that Motörhead had on punk rock bands like Charged GBH and The Exploited. The lyrical approach is a throwback to early Exhorder attitude, and we had a ton of fun filming the video at a free show that we performed in the greater Cincinnati area. 2024 is the year of the goat!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Ca vire au punk hardcore pas ma came :(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »