Undead Prophecies (death metal à capuches)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Prometteur, pour les fans de Death et Morbid Angel.
Undead Prophecies have managed to remain mostly in the underground, but surely not for long. They are finally returning after a nearly three-year hiatus to grace our ears with a new album, Sempiternal Void.

Their newest single, “Unholy Entity,” gives us a taste of what we can expect from their newest material. This band honors the roots of death metal, keeping only what is essential in the same fashion as Possessed, or Morbid Angel, and removing any pretentious fluff or over complex progressive styles. Although the track keeps the overall structure of an old school death metal song, it is revisited by their own stamp on what modern death metal should be, showcasing impressive technical talent. The aggressive drums, guttural vocals and wind-mill worthy riffs will have you reaching for your oldest Death album in a fit of nostalgia.

My only gripe: while the music is a true testament to the band’s skills I can’t say the same for the video, which resembles an awkward attempt at brutal-ness by a high school death metal band. Undead Prophecies’ website names each member along with an image of their grim reaper outfit, but do they really need individual names? I’ll dub them Thing 1 and Thing 2 instead. All those instrument-wielding grim reapers take away part of the death metal experience for me, but you can be the judge of that.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Répondre