Tesla

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Tesla - Simplicity

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Frontiers Records has announced the European release of TESLA's brand new studio album, entitled Simplicity, on June 6th.

The Sacramento Rockers are back with 14 new songs offering a ride of energy that doesn't come easy for a band of rookies much less a band whose been doing this for over 20 years. Simplicity is Tesla’s seventh all-original studio album which follows a six-year creative break from the release of the previous album Forever More.

After a string of shows in the USA in 2013, the band went back into the studio in early 2014 and came out with a new album, which goes straight back to the Tesla roots. The band worked and produced it as they did with Into The Now, their successful come-back album from 2004. Helped by the legendary Tom Zutaut who was the man behind the best Tesla albums, this new album rocks from start to finish, showing a variety of emotions where each song has its own twist - not sounding like another.

Guitarist Frank Hannon says about Simplicity: “I must say that this new Tesla album is really gonna be awesome. We went in more prepared with the songs and ideas way more than Forever More, and the style is pure Tesla back to our roots. I truly believe you guys are gonna love it!”

“The opening track is called 'MP3'”, continues Hannon “and starts off with an opus intro that orchestrates into a heavy slow groove with lyrics about technology and how we miss simplicity, vinyl albums, family values... and has a heavy ass riff! Then we segue into a rock n roll song called 'Ricochet' that talks about Uncle Ted... can't wait to play this stuff live!”

Simplicity will include the following songs:

'MP3'
'Ricochet'
'Rise And Fall'
'So Divine...'
'Cross My Heart'
'Honestly'
'Flip Side!'
'Other Than Me'
'Break Of Dawn'
'Burnout To Fade'
'Life Is A River'
'Sympathy'
'Time Bomb'
'Til That Day'
'Burnout To Fade' (writing demo version)*

*Bonus track

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

J'y jetterai une oreille :up:
ImageImageImage
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

NicoGan a écrit :J'y jetterai une oreille :up:
Moi aussi et j'espère qu'il sera meilleur que "forever more" .

ça s'annonce plutôt moyen en terme d'efficacité :mouais:
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

C'est Rudolf Schenker qui a fait la pochette ? :D
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour mémoire, leur dernier single.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

mandylion
Rainbow Demon
Rainbow Demon

Message par mandylion »

Excellent album, du grand tesla. Le meilleur du hard rock us.
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

vi encore des superbes compos idéal pour l'été ;)
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Juste comme ça ... il est excellent cet album :up:
Pas encore acheté, juste écoute sur Spotify, mais c'est clairement mon prochain achat.
Dans la lignée du "five man acoustical jam", les titres sont transcendé en version acoustique :amour:
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Tesla - Mechanical Resonance Live!

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Un live où le groupe célèbre les 30 ans de "Mechanical Resonance" sortira fin août :
On August 26, California rockers TESLA will release "Mechanical Resonance Live!", a live recording of their classic album, celebrating the original multi-platinum record's 30th birthday in style. With a few surprises up their sleeve, including the single "Save That Goodness" written and produced by Phil Collen of DEF LEPPARD, the effort will be made available via Tesla Electric Company Recordings/Mailboat. The record is being released in conjunction with TESLA's summer tour opening up for DEF LEPPARD, where they will perform in front of over half a million fans.

Said TESLA guitarist Frank Hannon: "30 years later and the songs on our first album still rock! Making this new live album of 'Mechanical Resonance' was a reminder of the innocence and creative beginnings of TESLA."

Added TESLA bassist Brian Wheat: "It was a lot of fun to re-visit some of the songs we hadn't played in decades and had a great time recording it. "

Over the course of their thirty-year career, which started in 1986, the iconic Sacramento melodic hard rock quintet — Frank Hannon [guitar], Brian Wheat [bass], Jeff Keith [lead vocals], Troy Luccketta [drums], and Dave Rude [guitar] — has sold more than 25 million albums worldwide and played to sold-out crowds across the globe.

The 21st century has become something of a renaissance for TESLA. Most recently, 2014's "Simplicity" bowed at #14 on The Billboard 200. The group ignited ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" in addition to scorching stages at festivals such as Rocklahoma, Graspop Metal Meeting and Sweden Rock Festival as well as the cruise Monsters Of Rock. As they prepare to cut their ninth full-length album with Phil Collen in the producer's chair, TESLA takes another monumental leap forward as they glance back on "Mechanical Resonance Live!"

"Mechanical Resonance Live!" track listing:

01. Rock Me to the Top (live)
02. Ez Come Ez Go (live)
03. Gettin' Better (live)
04. Comin' Atcha Live (live)
05. Changes (live)
06. Before My Eyes (live)
07. 2 Late 4 Love (live)
08. We're No Good Together (live)
09. Love Me (live)
10. Cover Queen (live)
11. Lil' Suzie (live)
12. Modern Day Cowboy (live)
13. Save That Goodness (bonus studio track) (written/produced by Phil Collen)

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Le dernier album, simplicity, est vraiment excellent! :) :rock:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La chanson bonus avec Phil Collen :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Tesla - Shock

Message par Everflow »

"California Summer Song", the new single from Sacramento, California rockers TESLA, can be streamed below. The track is taken from the band's eighth studio album, "Shock", which will be released on March 8 via UMe. Produced and co-written by DEF LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen, the follow-up to June 2014's "Simplicity" is available on CD, digital, black vinyl, and limited-edition translucent blue vinyl formats. Fans who pre-order the album will receive the album title track is an instant-grat free download.

TESLA guitarist Frank Hannon stated about "California Summer Song": "A song is a soundtrack of your life. A song can take you back in time. Like the song of your summer, and it's feelin’ good. Like a very first kiss."

"Shock" track listing:

01. You Won't Take Me Alive
02. Taste Like
03. We Can Rule The World
04. Shock
05. Love Is A Fire
06. California Summer Song
07. Forever Loving You
08. The Mission
09. Tied To The Tracks
10. Afterlife
11. I Want Everything
12. Comfort Zone

Collen previously co-wrote and produced the TESLA song "Save That Goodness", which was released in August 2016 and included on the "Mechanical Resonance Live!" album.

Hannon told The Metal Voice about "Shock": "It definitely has an '80s kind of polished production... but there is no real direction. I always quote '[This Is] Spinal Tap', when Nigel [Tufnel] says, 'Changing our style is our style.' We don't really pigeonhole ourselves into one sound. We've got elements of metal, country, Americana, a lot of these different directions... This new album, it has the big production, but every song sounds different. Each guy in the band has a different influence. I'm influenced by southern rock a lot, so you're going to hear some slide guitar riffs on there, but there's also, like, [bassist] Brian Wheat, who's influenced by QUEEN and THE BEATLES, so you're going to hear these big Beatle vocals. Phil Collen obviously, you're going to hear some DEF LEPPARD-style influence... It's a combo pizza, man. It's got everything on it."

Regarding Collen's involvement in "Shock", Frank said: "Phil came to us and wanted to produce an album for us... Phil really, really helped us. I'll be honest — we were at a low point after we did [2014's] 'Simplicity'. We were really frustrated, and we were probably not going to make another album. Phil had a bunch of song ideas, and a lot of the writing on the new album is co-written with Phil. He interjected a lot of positive energy for us and helped us get back on our feet. He's bringing production quality and details that we would have not done and haven't done in the past. Some fans may not like it; some fans are probably going love it. This is something that we wanted to try, we've never worked like this before. Mutt Lange is a producer that really has techniques that are very detailed in the studio, and Phil obviously has experienced all that, and he brought that type of approach into making a TESLA record, which we'd never done before. There's a lot of killer sonics. The sound of this new record is really... I don't know how to describe it. It's just awesome; it's produced; and, like, really powerful."

TESLA's current lineup includes four of the five original members: Jeff Keith (vocals), Frank Hannon (guitars), Brian Wheat (bass) and Troy Luccketta (drums). Guitarist Dave Rude joined in 2006 as the replacement for Tommy Skeoch.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Tesla - Shock

Message par Everflow »

:dance:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau single sympa.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tout est dans le titre!

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

J'espère que le prochain album sera mieux que shock qui était leur pire album pour moi (de loin puisque c'est le seul que je n'ai pas apprécié)!
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un live d'une chanson de 2004 en attendant.

Répondre