Le topic AOR / Hard FM / Hard mélodique et compagnie...

Débats divers généralistes, conseils, sondages, tops, questions existentielles.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Tiens, j'ai justement vu passer des dates pour HAREM SCAREM, pour l'Espagne seulement ( ven. 27 oct. 2017 Sala Bikini, Barcelona et sam. 28 oct. Sala Arena, Madrid). A surveiller si une tournée européenne est annoncée.
sgt_toxic
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par sgt_toxic »

Je viens de découvrir Work of art avec l'album Framework et je le conseille, c'est tip top. C'est un peu comme lionville, ça se retiens facilement, mais en moins hard. :up:
Nothing evil, nothing sacred - Just a power that's been created
There to take you and possess you - Shout it out with a voice from hell
I am metal and I'll never die - We are metal and we'll never die

Ronnie James Dio
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour les fans du ASIA "light" :
"Seasons Will Change", the new video from DUKES OF THE ORIENT, can be seen below. The song is taken from the band's self-titled debut album, which will be released on February 23 via Frontiers Music Srl.

What do you get when you match a Brit from London who loves American AOR with an American from California who grew up on British prog? DUKES OF THE ORIENT is the masterful pairing of vocalist John Payne (ex-ASIA, GPS) with keyboardist Erik Norlander (LAST IN LINE, LANA LANE) who now present their eponymous debut album, ten years in the making.

"With DUKES OF THE ORIENT, we have dug deep with analog soundscapes, superlative musicians and song-driven epics," says Payne. "Add to this the masterful artwork of Rodney Matthews and a journey that started with the supergroup ASIA, we give you the next chapter, one we are extremely proud of."

Payne's powerful arena-seasoned vocals carry soaring melodies and lush harmonies over the sea of classic synthesizers and keyboards artfully painted with Norlander's signature sonic palette.

The two are backed by a world-renowned ensemble of top musicians including Jeff Kollman, Guthrie Govan, Moni Scaria and Bruce Bouillet on guitars and Jay Schellen on drums. Payne provides bass guitar and additional lead and rhythm guitar parts to complete the audiophile production. The album was mixed on a traditional analog console to preserve and enhance the natural depth, clarity and soul of the tracks with great care taken to avoid over-compression, extreme equalization and distortion.

DUKES OF THE ORIENT has its origins in 2007 as ASIA FEATURING JOHN PAYNE, a band that continued on after ASIA keyboardist Geoff Downes left to reform the original 1982 lineup. Payne recruited Norlander to join Guthrie Govan and Jay Schellen for tour dates in the U.S. and initial recordings, some of which endured to appear on the DUKES OF THE ORIENT album here. Govan left the band to form THE ARISTOCRATS and was replaced by guitarist Bruce Bouillet followed by Jeff Kollman and Moni Scaria. The final lineup resulted in the track "Seasons Will Change", released as a video in 2013 and also now appears on the DUKES OF THE ORIENT album. Following the death of original ASIA vocalist John Wetton in early 2017, Payne and Norlander decided that these recordings should give birth to a new band, both out of respect for Wetton and for clarity with the Downes-led ASIA.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ça aussi c'est sympa :
FM will release their new album, Atomic Generation, on March 30th. An official music video for the album track "Playing Tricks On Me" is available for streaming below.

FM's eleventh studio album, Atomic Generation, was recorded at Coal House Studios in Staffordshire and West3 Productions, London, engineered by Scott Ralph and mixed by Jeff Knowler (Indiscreet 30, Heroes & Villains, Rockville, Metropolis).

"I think this is the most mature and complete FM album we've made." - Steve Overland

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Répondre