Jeff Hanneman (Slayer) 1964-2013

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

yep une page se tourne, Slayer sans Jeff c'est plus vraiment Slayer... :(
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Ils nous ont prouvé qu'ils pouvaient tres bien assuré en live avec Holt, perso j'avais adoré y a deux ans avec lui.
Apres pour les compos, c'est sur... D'un autre coté, les derniers albums de Slayer, c'etait pas non plus ultime. On se focalise tous sur les 10 premieres années fantastiques bien sur... Alors je pense qu'ils continueront à tourner, même episodiquement.

Le choc c'est surtout, comme ça a été dit, que c'est une generation plus proche de nous (d'un groupe emblematique de surcroît), comparé à Dio ou d'autres soixantenaires, où c'est plus dans l'ordre des choses malheureusement. Qu'ils ont commencé avec beaucoup de metalleux qui ont la quarantaine, et inversement.
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

J'avais été bluffé par la prestation et la prestance de Gary Holt également.

Voilà d'ailleurs son hommage à son frère d'armes :
Guitarist Gary Holt of San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal veterans EXODUS has commented on the passing of SLAYER axeman Jeff Hanneman, who died at about 11 a.m. yesterday (Thursday, May 2) near his Southern California home. He was 49. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure.

Holt has spent the last two years filling in for Hanneman who had been on hiatus from SLAYER since early 2011, when he contracted necrotizing fasciitis, a flesh-eating disease that doctors believed might have been caused by a spider bite. Hanneman almost lost his arm, and was briefly placed in a medically induced coma. After a series of skin grafts, he had been working on his physical rehabilitation.

Said Holt: "I'm at a loss for words. The news yesterday of Jeff's passing hit me like a ton of bricks. Totally devastating sadness is all I have right now. 'In shock' are the best words I can come up with to describe how I'm feeling.

"Jeff, it's been an honor, my brother, to TRY my best to honor your songs best I could.

"There is only one Jeff Hanneman. All I ever could HOPE to do was play those songs you wrote with the conviction with which you played and wrote them, 'cause there is only one of you; that mold was broken long ago.

"My old friend, we had some amazing times on the greatest shows and tours I've ever done (VENOM, SLAYER, EXODUS, anyone?), young and hungry thrashers out to lay waste to everything, and had the best time ever while doing it. Exactly why we all started playing in the first place.

"Much love and respect, and my deepest condolences to the Hanneman family and the whole SLAYER family. Gone but NEVER forgotten and always missed. R.I.P."
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Bel hommage. :)
ominergy
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par ominergy »

Je n'ai pas pris la peine de lire les 4 pages, mais il y a deux jours j'ai regardé une répét' du groupe sur youtube et j'ai été plutôt désagréablement surpris du drapeau nazi derrière les amplis, je lui souhaite de pouvoir rencontrer ses héros et puis merci pour tout hein et surtout d'avoir contribué à la bonne image de notre musique :up:
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Pour l'imagerie nazie, il s'agit simplement d'une fascination semblable à celle de Lemmy. Il est d'origine allemande, mais son père a participé au débarquement de Normandie au sein de l'armée américaine. Il n'était sûrement pas un suprémaciste blanc, un de ses amis proches était le guitariste black de Suicidal Tendancies.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

pour moi Angel Of Death est le meilleur morceau de dénonciation des horreurs nazies, une description froide et clinique et donc horriblement efficace :up:
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

Je débarque et je viens d'apprendre la nouvelle :(

Putain, ça fait un choc, Slayer est un de mes groupes cultes et sans doute le groupe que j'ai vu le plus souvent en live. Je ne sais pas quoi dire en fait, comme beaucoup ici je me sens plus proche de cette génération d'artistes que des Dio, Clive Burr, et même Mark Reale, etc... qui nous ont aussi quitté ces dernières années.

Je m'en vais écouter et headbanguer sur du Slayer pour la peine :bang: :bang: :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Diverses réactions :

Dave Lombardo
Said Lombardo via Twitter: "I'm deeply saddened, shocked and speechless. It's difficult for me to write my feelings at this moment. My heart goes out to Kathy Hanneman."
Dino Cazares (Fear Factory)
"I'm extremely shocked and sad to hear about Jeff Hanneman. He was a huge influence on my playing when I was growing up. He wrote some of the best riffs and lyrics ever!!! Fucking 'Reign In Blood'!!!

"My condolences go out to his family.

"We lost a true legend."
Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet, qui a auditionné pour Slayer) :
Says Kirkpatrick: "I was very sorry to hear that SLAYER guitarist Jeff Hanneman passed away today. He wrote and performed some killer tunes for sure — and for my brief interaction with him — he was really cool."

"Soon after I moved to L.A. in 1986, I got a phone call from [producer] Rick Rubin. He asked if I was interested in auditioning for SLAYER. Their excellent drummer Dave Lombardo was out of the band and they needed a drummer. I had dropped off a drumming demo video at Metal Blade and a cool guy named Bill (not Bill Metoyer, but he's cool too) who used to work there gave my video to Rick. The SLAYER guys checked it out and I guess they liked it OK. So Rick gave me the songs to learn — 'Criminally Insane', 'Raining Blood', 'Postmortem', 'Epidemic', 'At Dawn They Sleep', and, of course, 'Angel Of Death'. So I got to work learning the tunes and went to SIR studios in West Hollywood for the audition. When I walked into the huge rehearsal room — I was a little surprised to see them... playing basketball. So we shot a few hoops together. They were all very nice and I remember Jeff was quite polite.

"I got on the stage and saw Dave's drums still set up there. I had, of course, brought (my own). Tom [Araya, SLAYER bassist/vocalist] said I could just play on Dave's kit. I told them I had one problem — I'm left-handed. So they said just switch everything around however I wanted, which I did. They asked what song I wanted to start with. I said, 'How about 'Criminally Insane'?' So away we went — and man, was it loud. They were super tight and it sounded like a 1000 times louder version of listening to the record on my stereo. When we finished 'At Dawn They Sleep', they said I was the only one who got it right. It does have a few trippy time signature parts.

"The next week I got a call to return for a second audition. We did the same tunes — but this time when we finished playing 'Angel Of Death', Tom said, 'Hey, Ted, do you think you can play it again? I said Ah... OK. You drummers know this song is a little exhausting. So we played it twice — it ruled.

"Anyways, later on they worked things out with Dave Lombardo so he returned to the band.

"Well, this is just my little tribute to one of the thrash metal greats.

"RIP Jeff."
D'autres en vrac :
Neil Portnow (President/CEO, The Recording Academy): "Two-time Grammy winner Jeff Hanneman was an intense and powerful guitarist and a force to be reckoned with on stage. A founding member of the legendary metal band SLAYER, he was a key architect in their ferocious and uncompromising sound, which earned the band legions of loyal followers, tremendous respect among their peers, and a lasting impact on the genre. The music industry has lost a true trailblazer, and our deepest sympathies go out to his family, his bandmates and fans around the world who mourn his untimely passing."

Slash: "Tragic & shocking news about Jeff Hanneman. He is going to missed by so many. What a sad day for metal. RIP man."

David Draiman (DISTURBED, DEVICE): "RIP to a titan of metal."

PAPA ROACH: "We're saddened by the death of SLAYER guitarist, Jeff Hanneman. Our prayers and best wishes to SLAYER and Jeff's family."

TESTAMENT: "R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman, brother in thrash."

METALLICA: "R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman"

HATEBREED: "We are extremely saddened by the news of Jeff Hanneman's passing. Our deepest condolences to his family, friends, fans and the entire SLAYER camp and their road crew. We would not be the band we are today without him and SLAYER. Rest in peace, Jeff!"

Dan Spitz (ex-ANTHRAX): "Changing the world through music isn't easy... Mission accomplished. Glad to be a part of all we did together through the years. RIP Jeff Hanneman."

DOWN: "Our brother Jeff Hanneman, may he rest in peace (1964 - 2013)"

ANVIL: "ANVIL send their condolences to the SLAYER and the Jeff Hanneman family. R.I.P."

SUFFOCATION: "Rest in peace, Jeff Hanneman. You will surely be missed."

Former NASHVILLE PUSSY bassist Karen Cuda: "Jeff Hanneman — I'm at a loss for words. Thanks for always laughing at my dumb jokes, thanks for your generosity in donating a bunch of signed SLAYER stuff to help me with my neck surgery costs, thanks for making my bandmate so happy. I'm so sad to hear you're gone! RIP buddy. (And for anyone inclined please stop by the NASHVILLE PUSSY page and send Ruyter some love. Her heart is no doubt broken to pieces.)"

David Ellefson (MEGADETH): "My condolences to SLAYER and the Jeff Hanneman family today."

HELLYEAH: "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Hanneman family and SLAYER. R.I.P. our friend"

IN FLAMES: "We are so devasted to hear about the passing of Jeff Hanneman. One of the greatest have passed on and please, stop for a moment and pay your respect to this fantastic man. This is a tragedy."

Todd Kerns (SLASH):"Sad news about Jeff Hanneman. He was a good man."

A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH: "Our thoughts are with the Hanneman family! #Slayer #GodSpeed"
Rob Flynn :
In the latest installment of his online blog, "The General Journals: Diary Of A Frontman... And Other Ramblings - Life Affirming", Flynn wrote: "Still can't believe the Jeff Hanneman from SLAYER is dead. Things like that just don't happen. Thrashers don't die??!! WTF!!??

"I'm not going to sit here and say how him and I were best buds or something; we definitely weren't, I'd barely call us acquaintances, I did 8 tours and over 120 shows with the dude and honestly, I never really got to 'know him.' I was always closer with Kerry [King]. Jeff was super quiet, really kept to himself, would get rowdy when he was drunk, but was a bit aloof, and seemed annoyed at the people partying around him despite the fact that he himself would be getting hammered.

"I can remember some good hangs with him, though. The first was in Basel, Switzerland back in November, 1994 when MACHINE HEAD was main support to SLAYER on the 'Divine Intervention' tour. It was one of those shows were something so random happens, it just never leaves you, in this case, the show was sponsored by Chesterfield cigarettes and every kid entering the show got 2 free packs of smokes. I've never seen so much smoke in a venue in my life. I remember walking onstage and yelling at our roadie / everything-guy Mike Scum, 'DUDE, turn off the fuckin' smoke machine,' he said 'YOOOOO, it's not the smoke machine, bro, it's the cigarettes!' It was damn near impossible to breathe onstage.

"After the show, we were hanging backstage and Jeff walked back, we started bitching about the crazy cigarette show, and he invited me back to the dressing room to grab a beer. We sat down and chatted for a while, and then I went all SLAYER-nerd on him and started grilling him on what songs he wrote.

Me: 'Who wrote 'Angel Of Death'?'
Jeff: 'I did'
Me: 'Lyrics too?'
Jeff: 'Yep'
Me: 'Raining Blood'?'
Jeff: 'Me'
Me: 'Dead Skin Mask'?'
Me: 'South Of Heaven'?'
Jeff: 'Me'
Me: 'Black Magic'?'
Jeff: 'You know it'
Me: 'Hell Awaits'?'

"On and on it went, that man wrote both the music and lyrics to a large goddamn portion of my favorite SLAYER songs. He was a huge influence on my songwriting growing up in particular with arrangements and the bold use of key changes. The one thing SLAYER band always had over so many other bands is they were all over the guitar neck when it came to key changes. Leads would be in some of the most random keys ever, but somehow it made it all that much more frantic, and when the chorus kicked back in, BOOM! CRUSHING! Set up perfectly. He was one of the few metal heads I met who never really got into PANTERA, he told me he 'liked some stuff,' but thought they were 'too bluesy at times,' and that he 'liked more evil notes or sad riffs.'

"Another good memory was sharing a tour bus on the August 2001 Korean / Japan / Australia tour, it was all 'fly' dates and hotels, we were sharing crew, tour manager and manager, so we all rode on the bus together to and from the airport to the hotel every day. Sometimes the rides were an hour or two, so you'd just all BS and hang. One time a kid in Australia bum-rushed the bus while we were all sitting in it, hammered after partying one night. He was desperate for autographs and came on the bus screaming (what else?) 'SLAAAAAAAAAYYYYYEEEEERRRR!!!' He then saw me and went all, 'Oh shit, Robb Flynn, mate I fuckin' LOVE MACHINE HEAD, but it's fuckin' SLAAAAAAAYYYYYYYEEEERRRRR.' I looked the fucker right in the eye and slurred, "Oh just FUCK RIGHT OFF!!" Hanneman fell out dying, he laughed for 10 minutes straight, cracked him up, that slightly feminine high-pitched giggle that he always did.

"Dude backed me when Kerry King and I were beefin all that time long ago, he would come up to me at festivals and would talk, just be normal. He even backed me in Decibel magazine when they asked him about the beef, saying 'Robb is a good dude,' and that 'Kerry was like the girlfriend of the band, always beefin' with someone.' I got a good laugh outta that.

"The last memory I'll share is from the American leg of the 'Divine Intervention' tour in March 1995. It was SLAYER band, BIOHAZARD supporting, and MACHINE HEAD opening. We were playing the International Ballroom in Atlanta, Georgia. He had been sitting out some of the new songs from 'Divine', which was odd to me. We were hanging out in their dressing room before the show, just him and I, and I mustered up the nerve to ask him what the deal with it was. At first he joked that he just 'didn't feel like learning them, didn't like 'em, Kerry wrote them.' He was chuckling, and then he stopped. He looked down and got serious. He said he'd been having a lot of pain in his wrists, his hands and wrists were going numb all the time, and would go numb during those songs because they were really fast, then he started to cry. It was a startling confession. I offered some awkward feel-good comment, but he just continued to cry, and I decided to sit there in the silence with him for a minute. He gave me a hug, and said 'Whoa!' and laughed, walked out toward the stage, turned back and said, 'Thanks, dude.'

"It was an intense moment, one of those rare, intense moments you have with someone, let alone with someone from another band.

"It made me really respect the dude.

"That's the Jeff I'm gonna remember.

"To Kerry, Tom, Dave, Paul, Rick Sales Mgmt and Jeff's family, my sincere condolences.

"R.I.P brother."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Hommage live de Anthrax + Phil Anselmo et Rex Brown :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et celui de Kerry King, avec un ton un peu déroutant vu les circonstances...

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

J'ai vu ça hier soir sur Blabbermouth, et en effet Kerry King n'a pas l'air du tout marqué, alors que c'était le jour même du décès ... :(
Tony Le Pouilleux

Sinon, je dois avouer que pendant toutes ces années, je n'avais pas fait gaffe plus qu'il faut sur qui avait composé quoi...et je me rends compte que c'est finalement Hanneman qui a été le compositeur principal (donc pour le meilleur et pour le pire).Il faut dire que c'est King qui a toujours été le principal porte-parole et la figure charismatique du groupe, je n'avais jamais vérifié quel était l'apport concret de son regretté collègue. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sur ce, une très bonne photo d'époque de Jeff, aux alentours de 1984, au Ruthie's Inn à San Francisco, par Harald Oimoen, bien avant qu'il soit bassiste de DRI. Elle se retrouve dans le livre Murder in the Front Row, où forcément, la plupart des photos de Slayer mettaient en valeur Kerry King avec son aisance scénique et son look pas trop anodin.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Rako
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Rako »

Ce bouquin est une pépite d'ailleurs... :bow:
NicoSB
Disciple of the Watch
Disciple of the Watch

Message par NicoSB »

1. La réaction de Kerry King montre que c'est un vrai trou de balle (mais on le savait déjà).
2. Slayer, sans Hanneman seul créateur potable du groupe, est mort avec lui.
3. L'alcool c'est de la merde.
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Triste nouvelle :( , je viens de l'apprendre.
carbonized_ju
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par carbonized_ju »

Rako a écrit :Ce bouquin est une pépite d'ailleurs... :bow:
Carrément oui ! Les meilleures photos de SLAYER (et EXODUS) que j'ai vu ! L’énergie et la folie juvénile à l'état pur !

Franchement, Jeff Hanneman et SLAYER ont contribué à la naissance d'un Metal plus extrême et "vicieux"... Si on regarde l'histoire du Metal, sa contribution est dantesque et il a sa place au panthéon !
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Oui je confirme, merveilleux bouquin.

Pas encore lu tous les témoignages certes, mais les clichés et les descriptions respirent la passion et la fougue de l'époque, sans compter toutes les prises insolites dont il regorge. :up:

Un petit souvenir en compagnie de Gary Holt justement :

La portée de ses riffs restera dans nos cœurs, détracteurs ou non. :bow:
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Adieu Jeff... vraiment un super compositeur qui va énormément manqué au groupe si il décide de continuer et un très bon guitariste...
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Tony Le Pouilleux

Jeff Hanneman knew about his liver disease, Jeff was seeking treatment and had been sober for 2 months, a condition of being on the liver transplant list.He sought treatment earlier this year and an specialists informed him he needed a new liver and he was placed on a liver transplant list.
Jeff knew he had a problem earlier in the year when he began getting drunk after a beer or two. Tragically though, on Wednesday night, his driver drove him to the hospital and he died the next morning.
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Un article hommage par Alex Skolnick :
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I ... _2013.aspx

A noter pour nos amis espiègles qu'il emploie l'expression "a voice in Metal"... A moins qu'on ne considère aussi sur ce forum que c'est un false qui n'y connait rien ! :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Tony Le Pouilleux

Très bon hommage, faut dire que le gars connait son sujet sur le bout des doigts. :up:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

De loin le meilleur hommage que j'ai lu jusqu'à présent. :up:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une de ses dernières interviews, sous-titrée en français, lors de la sortie du dernier album.

Tony Le Pouilleux

Finalement, oubliez ce que j'ai posté plus haut, il semblerait que ce soit tout faux. Il est bel et bien mort d'une cirrhose.
SLAYER Guitarist JEFF HANNEMAN: Official Cause Of Death Revealed - May 9, 2013
The official cause of SLAYER guitarist Jeff Hanneman's death has been revealed to be alcohol-related cirrhosis. While he had his health struggles over the years, including the recent necrotizing fasciitis infection that devastated his well-being, Jeff and those close to him were not aware of the true extent of his liver condition until the last days of his life. Contrary to some reports, Jeff was not on a transplant list at the time of his passing, or at any time prior to that. In fact, by all accounts, it appeared that he had been improving — he was excited and looking forward to working on a new record

While the details are being worked out now, SLAYER wants its fans to know that there will be a celebration of Jeff Hanneman's life sometime later this month, along with Jeff's family and friends, the public will be invited to attend. SLAYER members Kerry King (guitar) and Tom Araya (bass, vocals) are trying to deal with the loss of their brother by remembering some the good times they shared.

Kerry: "I had so many great times with Jeff... In the early days when we were out on the road, he and I were the night owls, we would stay up all night on the bus, just hanging out, talking, watching movies... World War II movies, horror movies, we watched 'Full Metal Jacket' so many times, we could practically recite all of the dialogue."

Tom: "When we first formed SLAYER, we used to rehearse all the time, religiously, 24/7. Jeff and I spent a lot of time hanging out together, he lived in my father's garage which was also our rehearsal space. When he got his own apartment, he had an 8-track and I would go there to record songs I'd written, not SLAYER songs, other stuff I'd written. At a certain point, you still have the band but you start your own lives outside of the band, so that 24/7 falls to the side, you don't spend as much time together as you once did. I miss those early days."

Kerry: "He was a gigantic World War II buff. His father served in that war, so when SLAYER played Russia for the first time — I think it was 1998 — Jeff and I went to one of Moscow's military museums. I'll never forget him walking around that place, looking at all of the tanks, weapons and other exhibits. He was like a kid on Christmas morning. But that was Jeff's thing, he knew so much about WW II history, he could have taught it in school."

Tom: "We were in New York recording 'South Of Heaven'. Jeff and I were at the hotel and we had to get to the studio — I think it was called Chung King, a real rundown place. So we left the hotel and decided to walk, but then it started raining. We walked maybe five blocks, and it was raining so hard, we were totally soaked, so we decided to get a cab. Here we are, two dudes with long hair and leather jackets, absolutely soaked, thumbing to the studio. No one would stop. We had to walk the entire way."

Tom: "Jeff was a lifeline of SLAYER, he wrote so many of the songs that the band will always be known for. He had a good heart, he was a good guy."
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Because overdose is sooo 1980.
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Répondre