Keith Emerson (Emerson, Lake & Palmer) 1944 - 2016

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Le claviériste s'est éteint hier chez lui à l'âge de 71 ans.
http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2016-03-11/keith-emerson-dead-at-71 a écrit :Emerson, Lake & Palmer keyboardist Keith Emerson has died at the age of 71.

The news was confirmed by on the band’s Facebook page and their official website.

A statement reads: "We regret to announce that Keith Emerson died last night at his home in Santa Monica, Los Angeles, aged 71. We ask that the family’s privacy and grief be respected."

Bandmate Carl Palmer adds: "I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of my good friend and brother-in-music, Keith Emerson.

"Keith was a gentle soul whose love for music and passion for his performance as a keyboard player will remain unmatched for many years to come. He was a pioneer and an innovator whose musical genius touched all of us in the worlds of rock, classical and jazz.

"I will always remember his warm smile, good sense of humour, compelling showmanship, and dedication to his musical craft.

"I am very lucky to have known him and to have made the music we did, together. Rest in peace, Keith."

The keyboardist was born on November 2, 1944, and played with the Keith Emerson Trio, John Brown's Bodies, The T-Bones, The V.I.P.’s and PP Arnold’s backing band The Nice, before co-founding supergroup ELP in 1970 with singer and guitarist Greg Lake and drummer and percussionist Carl Palmer.

They released the studio albums Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Tarkus, Trilogy, Brain Salad Surgery, Works Volume 1 and 2, and Love Beach between their formation and 1978, along with live record Pictures At An Exhibition.

They split in 1979, coming back together in 1991, releasing Black Moon in 1992 and In The Hot Seat in 1994.

Emerson also carved out a successful solo career and worked on a variety of film soundtracks.

He was due to tour Japan next month.
:rip: :,(
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Guix
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Guix »

Triste nouvelle.... Rip ! :,(
kingdavid of steel a écrit :
Pierre a écrit :Mais si on n'achète pas, qui va ramener le rock'n'roll en France ? :diable:
Demis Roussos !!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Quelle perte énorme pour l'histoire du rock. :(

Et pour ajouter à la peine la police s'oriente sur la piste du suicide...
According to TMZ, the death of Keith Emerson is being investigated as a suicide.

Law enforcement sources tell the site the EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER keyboardist had a single gunshot wound to the head when his girlfriend found him in their home in Santa Monica, California.

Emerson had reportedly been suffering from a degenerative nerve disease in his right hand that meant he could only play the keyboards with eight fingers. As a result, he was struggling with depression.

Back in 2010, Emerson revealed that he had undergone surgery for diverticulitis.

In addition to Emerson, EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER included vocalist/bassist Greg Lake and drummer Carl Palmer.

Palmer said in a statement that he was "deeply saddened to learn of the passing of my good friend and brother-in-music."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report ... Uq6oEpB.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Et bien le dernier concert que j'ai vu de ELP au High Voltage 2011 restera donc le dernier de toute leur histoire....
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

RIP. :( Pas fan de leur musique, mais groupe important pour leur place dans l'histoire du prog.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ses problèmes à la main droite de ces dernières années l'auraient rendu dépressif, ainsi que les réactions concernant ses dernières performances...
Keith Emerson's girlfriend has told U.K.'s Daily Mail that the EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER keyboardist killed himself because he was concerned about the nerve damage to his right hand which had affected his playing.

Mari Kawaguchi found the 71-year-old musician's dead body around 1:30 a.m. Friday after returning to the apartment they shared in Santa Monica, California. He had an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said.

"His right hand and arm had given him problems for years," the 52-year-old Kawaguchi said. "He had an operation a few years ago to take out a bad muscle but the pain and nerve issues in his right hand were getting worse.

"He had concerts coming up in Japan and even though they hired a back-up keyboard player to support him, Keith was worried.

"He read all the criticism online and was a sensitive soul. Last year he played concerts and people posted mean comments such as, 'I wish he would stop playing.'

"He was tormented with worry that he wouldn't be good enough. He was planning to retire after Japan.

"He didn't want to let down his fans. He was a perfectionist and the thought he wouldn't play perfectly made him depressed, nervous and anxious."

Kawaguchi told the Associated Press that Emerson was constantly thinking about music. "He was just natural," she said. "The music was always in his head, always. Even when he was sleeping, you know, I could tell he was always thinking about music. Sometimes he would wake up and compose music. And it was all so, so beautiful."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/keith- ... 5wYjgVT.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Répondre