Skid Row : ZP Theart remplacé par Erik Grönwall

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'ancien chanteur de HEAT est recruté par SKID ROW, qui changent de frontman comme de slip. Comme quoi Sebastian Bach n'était peut-être pas le seul problème au sein du groupe. :D
SKID ROW has parted ways with singer ZP Theart and has replaced him with ex-H.E.A.T. vocalist Erik Grönwall (pictured). Grönwall will make his recording debut with SKID ROW on the band's upcoming album, "The Gang's All Here", due on October 14 via earMUSIC. The LP's first single, the title track, will be made available on Friday, March 25.

A snippet of "The Gang's All Here", which received its world premiere earlier today (Wednesday, March 23) on SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk", can be heard below.

SKID ROW said in a statement: "It's a new era for SKID ROW. With a new album, a new single and a world tour, we've added a new voice. Welcome powerhouse vocalist Erik Grönwall, formerly from the band H.E.A.T. from Sweden."

Last September, Grönwall released his cover version of SKID ROW's "18 And Life" via all streaming platforms. At the time, he said about his version of the track: "This song was basically the starting point of my professional career as an artist. I performed this song during my 'Swedish Idol' audition back in 2009. 12 years later it's time to give this bad boy a try again. Here's my version of the SKID ROW song '18 And Life'."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Alors là, ça a tout pour être énorme, au moins en live.
Sur album je sais pas trop quoi en attendre (on aura un avant goût avec le single vendredi), mais vivement une date à proximité.
Cacolac, pour la soif et pour le plaisir.
MDT
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par MDT »

Eh ben! Je ne m'attendais pas à celle là.
Effectivement, ça peut carrément relancer leur carrière qui était plus qu'en berne!
J'imagine que le traitement de Grönwall marche bien et qu'il est en rémission du coup. Très bonne nouvelle si c'est le cas :)
TrVe Guadeloupean Zouk Metal
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

ça peut pas leur faire de mal. Il était excellent avec H.E.A.T. !! :up: Il a une super voix et beaucoup de personnalité !
J’avais appris qu’il était malade il y a plusieurs mois (leucémie, je crois), est-ce qu’il est en rémission ?
:riff:
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

ça va déchirer !
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau single pas mal du tout (en tout cas par rapport à ce qu'ils sortent d'habitude à mon avis), Grönwall est au niveau :

Ensuite des extraits de son premier concert :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau single. Rien de spécial, mais ça passe.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mouais. Bof.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je préfère 100 fois cette power ballad dans la lignée de "Wasted Time", "Quicksand Jesus", "Darkened Room" et compagnie, en tout cas leur meilleure depuis des lustres.

Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

L'album a de bons retours. En tant que fan de base, j'ai commandé le cd en toute confiance. :banghorns: :oops:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Il est pas mal oui, mais on ne peut pas dire que ça apporte grand chose.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Il est pas mal mais il casse pas tout non plus. De bons titres.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau clip.

jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Je n'ai pas pu écouter le titre jusqu'au bout car je ne suis as arrivé à regarder le clip en entier tellement il était mauvais. :D
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Erik Grönwall quitte le groupe pour s'occuper de sa santé, et notamment son système immunitaire suite au traitement de sa leucémie.
Yesterday, Skid Row announced that they are amicably parting ways with singer Erik Grönwall. The band shared the following message :

"Today Skid Row and Erik Grönwall jointly announce that Erik will step down as the vocalist for Skid Row. Longtime friend Lzzy Hale of Halestorm will be taking over vocal duties for the upcoming scheduled four concerts. Erik has decided that the travel and rigors of the road is not conducive to his overall health and recovery, and wants to focus on a lifestyle that is more amenable for his well-being, healing and family. Skid Row is proud of what they have created and accomplished with Erik over the past two years and we wish nothing but the best to him and his health. To celebrate the last two years the band will be releasing a live album that perfectly captures this moment of time in the band's 35+ year history, to be announced soon."

Grönwall took to social media to explain his decision to leave the band, writing: "Yes, I have decided to leave Skid Row. The main reason being that it’s proved difficult to prioritize my health and full recovery as the lead singer of the band.

"In 2021 I was undergoing treatment against leukemia and that gave me a superpower called perspective. I decided to use that perspective and write down the values I wanted to live by for the rest of my life. On top of that list it says “health first”. I’ve had to look at that list a lot of times this last year, questioning if I’m really living according to my values. At the end of the day I realized the answer was no.

"As a result of the treatments and transplant my immune system was impaired. You can think of my immune system as a 4 year old kid bringing home all kinds of viruses from preschool. It takes awhile to build up that resistance again but my immune system is getting stronger every day. However I’m still doing regular check ups (blood tests) at the hematology department in Sweden, which has proved challenging while keeping up with the Skid Row schedule. I have way too much respect for my medical history to push myself to the limit.

"I love Skid Row, I have nothing but respect for the guys in the band but I love and respect my health more. I understand that Skid Row is a touring band but like I told the guys: 'if I can’t prioritize my health, then I’m not the right guy for the job'.

"Please note, I’m NOT sick and it’s not that I don’t want to tour. I love being on the road. And of course we have tried to find the right balance together but at the end of the day I realized that it was better for me to step aside.

"So now I’m going to focus on my full recovery, and come back stronger than ever. Meanwhile I’m finalizing my biography. And I’m going to start writing my own music again.

"Lastly, once again thank you to everyone who accepted me as the singer of this iconic band.

"Always remember that no job, no money, no fame is worth your health or well being. Health first always. I owe this decision to the guy in the second picture and I’m proud to be able to say that I kept my promise to him. Health first!"
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Dommage, c'etait leur meilleur chanteur depuis très longtemps :(
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Remplacé par Lizzy Hale pour la prochaine tournée
heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par heavy76 »

Si Sebastian Bach pouvait revenir ce ne serait que du bonheur parce que depuis qu'il n'est plus dans le groupe on ne peut pas dire qu'ils ont fait des étincelles.
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

heavy76 a écrit :
01 avr. 2024, 19:27
Si Sebastian Bach pouvait revenir ce ne serait que du bonheur parce que depuis qu'il n'est plus dans le groupe on ne peut pas dire qu'ils ont fait des étincelles.
J'y crois pas une seconde, il lance des perches depuis 20 ans et Rachel Bolan à toujours dit "Jamais".
Puis l'attente n'est plus ce qu'elle a été donc la motivation financière (des promoteurs) ne doit plus être énorme (comparé a il y a quelques années).
Enfin j'espère me tromper :)
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Et surtout Grönwall était excellent en live avec Skid Row, Bach est désormais bien loin de son niveau... Ce serait une régression.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Talasquin a écrit :
31 mars 2024, 15:25
Remplacé par Lizzy Hale pour la prochaine tournée
Qui a déjà repris du Skid Row :

Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Mais oui
J'ai toujours bien aimé cette chanteuse même si Halestorm, hein, bon, on est d'accord.
Elle rocks cette fille
Répondre