Arthur Brown

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas sûr que beaucoup de monde soit intéressé, mais l'icône du shock rock des 60's (avant Alice Cooper et compagnie) a réenregistré son classique "Fire" avec des invités de renom.
J'avoue ne pas connaître/suivre son actualité, mais il n'a pas l'air d'en avoir beaucoup.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Reprise sympa, mais sans beaucoup d'intérêt.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Reprise qui rocks du Pink Floyd époque bien barrée (Syd Barrett), avec Ian Paice de Deep Purple!

L'album est bourré d'invités.
Fans of dark and ghoulish rock & roll are all cordially invited to attend what is sure to be the biggest party of this year’s Halloween season, Monster’s Ball, the new album from the one and only God Of Hellfire and theatrical rock visionary, Arthur Brown. For his latest macabre-themed masterpiece, Brown is joined by a murderer's row of talented co-conspirators including the album’s producers Alan Davey, who also co-wrote several of the songs, and Fernando Perdomo, all of whom have helped Brown craft one of the most energetic and thrilling albums of his long and distinguished career. From The Stooges’ guitarist James Williamson, who brings the heat on a new version of Brown’s iconic 1968 hit “Fire” to the killer collaboration with Vanilla Fudge's Mark Stein on “Zombie Yelp,” Monster’s Ball promises to be one hell of a good time.

Today, Brown is proud to share a song from the album, the psychedelic opener to the album, “Lucifer Sam,” penned by none other than Syd Barrett and featuring ripping performances by Gong guitarist Steve Hillage and Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice.

Brown had this to say about the song, “As a prelude to the album launch on October 21st here’s a mysterious track by the enigmatic Syd Barrett. Fernando Perdomo’s bold production, the song’s adventurous structure, and the input of Steve Hillage and Ian Paice make this a delight of spooky fun. Shadows flickered and felines howled as I sang this portrait - Happy Halloween!”

Stream the single here, and below.

Monster’s Ball will be available on all formats starting October 21, but you can pre-order your copy now! Pre-order CD/vinyl here. Pre-order/pre-save the digital edition here

Tracklisting:

"Lucifer Sam" feat. Ian Paice & Steve Hillage
"Screamin' Ball (At Dracula's Hall)" feat. Alan Davey
"I Feel Free" feat. James Williamson & Rat Scabies
"Bucket O' Blood" feat. Nik Turner
"Zombie Yelp" feat. Roye Albrighton & Mark Stein
"Whistlin' Past The Graveyard" feat. The Sinclairs
"Fire" feat. James Williamson, Brian Auger & Carmine Appice
"The Monster Hop" feat. Shuggie Otis
"Curse Of The Hearse"
"Mad Witch"
"The Vampire" feat. The Coffin Daggers
"Late Last Night" feat. Steve Hillage, Roye Albrighton, Gilli Smyth & Joel Vandroogenbroeck
"Karn Evil #9 feat. Jordan Rudess (Bonus track, CD only)

ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Il y a une longue interview dans le Deaf Forever actuel, le gars a une approche intéressante de la musique, qu´il compare à la magie
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Très bonne la reprise de PINK FLOYD, un des seuls titres que j'aime de l'époque Barrett. Les quelques titres que je reconnais m'intriguent, j'irai jeter une oreille dessus.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il a également sorti un nouvel album cette année en juin, en fait il est encore bien actif.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre