Revolution Saints (hard rock mélodique / USA)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Nouveau supergroupe de hard rock qui sortira son premier album début 2015 chez Frontiers :
Deen Castronovo (JOURNEY, OZZY OSBOURNE, BAD ENGLISH, HARDLINE), Jack Blades (NIGHT RANGER, DAMN YANKEES, SHAW/BLADES) and Doug Aldrich (WHITESNAKE, DIO, BURNING RAIN) have joined forces in REVOLUTION SAINTS, a new project which recently completed recording its debut album for a 2015 release via Frontiers. The CD, which was produced by Alessandro Del Vecchio (HARDLINE), will feature Castronovo on lead vocals and drums, Blades on bass and vocals, and Aldrich on guitar.

Already well known for his drum talents for his work with JOURNEY, BAD ENGLISH and more, Deen's excellent vocal talents are also in the spotlight on the REVOLUTION SAINTS release. On bass (and co-lead vocals on a few tracks), Blades is well known for his melodic-yet-hard-rocking approach to songwriting and playing via multiple classic albums by his main band NIGHT RANGER, as well as with the DAMN YANKEES and the SHAW/BLADES releases. On guitar, Aldrich was excited to lend his fiery blues guitar attack to such a unique and melodic band. Doug, who recently left WHITESNAKE after a fruitful 12-year run, has a deep pedigree and is one of today's most respected guitarists, having previously played with DIO.

You can tell by the name (and the names involved) that this is not going to be your average rock 'n' roll album. It is a record that brings back the classic melodic rock style to where it should be: inspiring, uplifting vocals, soaring melodies and musicianship to die for. Or more simply, it is completely badass.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est donc le projet d'Aldrich qui l'a fait quitter Whitesnake.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Voici un premier extrait complet :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Juste excellent.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je m'attendais à un truc plus heavy mais c'est du chouette AOR ce titre :up:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Nouvel extrait :

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un autre morceau sympa :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:dance:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

4ème extrait avec un autre clip :

Pierre Desproges
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

il est arrivé en retard qu'ils ont enregistré la guitare dans l'escalier ? :lol:
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

J'ai écouté ça ce week end et c'est vraiment La classe ce projet...
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album annoncé, maintenant que Castronovo semble être sorti de taule.
Marrant (ou pathétique?) quand même cette chanson d'amour quand on sait pourquoi il s'est fait embarquer par les flics...

En tout cas Aldrich est en forme.
REVOLUTION SAINTS, the band featuring Deen Castronovo (JOURNEY, BAD ENGLISH), Doug Aldrich (THE DEAD DAISIES, WHITESNAKE, DIO), and Jack Blades (NIGHT RANGER, DAMN YANKEES), will release its second album, "Light In The Dark", on October 13 via Frontiers Music Srl.

The official video for the disc's title track can be seen below.

"Light In The Dark" will be available on CD, CD/DVD deluxe edition (includes live bonus tracks on the CD and on the DVD, footage from the band's first-ever live performance captured at Frontiers Rock Festival in Milan this past April, a "making-of" mini-documentary, and music videos for "Light In The Dark" and "I Wouldn't Change A Thing"), vinyl, and as a special limited-edition box set (includes the deluxe edition CD/DVD, 180-gram vinyl, T-shirt [size L], poster, lithograph and sticker).

For "Light In The Dark", REVOLUTION SAINTS once again teamed up with producer/songwriter Alessandro Del Vecchio (HARDLINE, JORN), who was also behind the boards for the band's debut album. Most of "Light In The Dark" was recorded at Del Vecchio's studios in Somma Lombardo, Italy, with additional recording taking place at Blades's studio in Washington, Aldrich's CasaDala studio in Los Angeles, and other countries all over the world while Aldrich was on tour with THE DEAD DAISIES.

"This is a fun band!" exclaims Blades. "I think the fans are going to pick up on the excitement and the sheer musical enjoyment we are having. It was great going to Italy to get the album started and film the videos, and the music speaks for itself."

"'Light In The Dark' is such a great song," says Castronovo. "It was the first one we recorded. We ran through it a few times and nailed it in the first couple takes.

"We're so excited for everyone to hear this record. We're very happy with what we came up with and can't wait to bring it to everyone live."

As Aldrich proclaims: "I'm very excited about REVOLUTION SAINTS' second record! First, I want to say that it's because of huge support from the fans that RS2 happened. Thank you. If you liked #1, I think you'll love this one even more. It's stronger, and a bit heavier in some spots. We tried a few new things and we can't wait for our fans to hear it! There's a very good chance we'll finally get to play live and we're currently exploring the possibilities of a tour. For now, get ready, because the album kicks ass and it's comin' at you real soon!"

REVOLUTION SAINTS was born from the vision of Frontiers' president, Serafino Perugino, who for years had hoped to work on a project highlighting Castronovo's amazing vocal abilities. Having previously worked with all three artists on different projects on Frontiers, having Deen, Jack and Doug on board together was a dream come true for Perugino.

This time, with one album already under their belt, REVOLUTION SAINTS entered the studio to record the new album more familiar with one another and a clear understanding of where they wanted this to go. As with the first album, Castronovo's superb vocal talents are in the spotlight on this release and deservedly so. Pretty impressive for a man who is most widely known for his incredible drumming talents. Blades really needs no introduction at this point, but for those who have been living under a rock, his bass and vocal talents are well documented over the years through his work with NIGHT RANGER, DAMN YANKEES, SHAW/BLADES, and more. And, of course, a major feature is the fiery and intense playing from former WHITESNAKE and DIO guitarist Doug Aldrich, whose blistering guitar fretwork is on full display here.

"Light In The Dark" builds off the classic melodic rock style of the debut, but fans should prepare for a somehow even more inspired set and a few (pleasant) surprises. Inspiring, uplifting, emotionally powerful, and thoughtful, this album will be the soundtrack to many a moment in your life.

"Light In The Dark" track listing:

01. Light In The Dark
02. Freedom
03. Ride On
04. I Wouldn't Change A Thing
05. Don's Surrender
06. Take You Down
07. The Storm Inside
08. Can't Run Away From Love
09. Running On The Edge
10. Another Chance
11. Falling Apart
12. Back On My Trail (live, bonus track on deluxe edition only)
13. Turn Back Time (live, bonus track on deluxe edition only)
14. Here Forever (live, bonus track on deluxe edition only)
15. Locked Out Of Paradise (live, bonus track on deluxe edition only)

Bonus DVD contents:

* REVOLUTION SAINTS live at Frontiers Rock Festival ("Back On My Trail," "Turn Back Time," "Here Forever," "Locked Out Of Paradise")
* Making of "Light In The Dark" (documentary)
* "Light In The Dark" (song video)
* "I Wouldn't Change A Thing" (song video)

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/revolu ... L3yAX2m.99

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La première est une ballade Journey-esque.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Revolution Saints, the band centred around vocalist/drummer Deen Castronovo, have returned with a new lineup and a new single, "Eagle Flight". Castronovo is joined by new companions, bassist Jeff Pilson and guitarist Joel Hoekstra for Revolution Saints 2.0 and "Eagle Flight" is their brand new musical statement announcing their arrival. Watch the music video below.

Revolution Saints was initially put together by Serafino Perugino, President and Head of A&R for Frontiers Records, to showcase the stunning voice of Deen Castronovo (Journey, Bad English, Hardline). Castronovo has always been a well respected drummer, but fans who took note of his background vocals over his career and who attended Journey shows and saw him take lead vocals on "Mother, Father" during the band's set, came to realize he also had an amazing voice. Revolution Saints was, and always has been, a vehicle to show the world Deen's incredible singing talents.

For the first three Revolution Saints albums, Revolution Saints, Light In The Dark, and Rise, Deen was joined by bassist/vocalist Jack Blades (Night Ranger) and guitarist Doug Aldrich (The Dead Daisies, ex-Whitesnake, Dio). Produced by Alessandro Del Vecchio, those three albums brought back the classic melodic rock style that thrilled and delighted legions of fans in the ‘80s and ‘90s and still does today! Inspiring, uplifting vocals, soaring melodies, and hooks for days is what you get in spades across those three albums.

While Revolution Saints MK I left an indelible mark on the melodic rock world, it was time for MK II to be born. Deen, having recently re-joined Journey, was feeling invigorated and inspired and ready to sing his ass off. Filling Blades and Aldrich's shoes would be no easy feat, but, mercifully, the exact right guys were found for the job.

Joel Hoekstra is a current member of Whitesnake, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and Iconic, as well as having his own solo project, Joel Hoekstra's 13 and is an absolutely stunning guitar player, able to play multiple styles. Jeff Pilson, currently a member of Foreigner, Black Swan, and The End Machine, is also known for his time in Dokken and his more recent production work. Two stellar musicians to compliment Deen's singing and drumming is exactly what was needed for Revolution Saints 2.0 and that's exactly what we've got here.

Fans of Revolution Saints first three releases are going to find much to be delighted with here with the new, rejuvenated Rev Saints and their brand new single, "Eagle Flight".

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le projet était sympa au départ mais semble doucement mais sûrement rentrer dans le rang, vu l'extrait du prochain album...
Revolution Saints, the band led by Journey vocalist/drummer Deen Castronovo, jumpstarts 2024 with a new album, Against The Winds, to follow up 2023's stellar release, Eagle Flight. Joined by fellow rockers bassist Jeff Pilson (known for his work with Foreigner and formerly of Dokken) and guitarist Joel Hoekstra (of Whitesnake and Night Ranger) the new iteration - Revolution Saints MKII - have gifted fans a captivating album that sits poised to rekindle the fervor for melodic rock.

Today, the band shares the new single and title track, "Against The Winds", along with a music video. Watch the clip below.

Revolution Saints was initially conceived by Serafino Perugino, the President and Head of A&R at Frontiers Records, to showcase the remarkable vocal talents of Deen Castronovo. While Castronovo had always been respected as a drummer, those who took notice of his background vocals and witnessed his lead vocal performances during Journey shows, soon recognized his exceptional singing prowess. Revolution Saints was, and continues to be, a platform to spotlight Deen's incredible vocal abilities.

Against The Winds, primarily produced and composed by Alessandro Del Vecchio (who also contributes on keyboards and background vocals), delivers what you would expect: captivating vocals, enchanting melodies, and hooks that will linger in your mind for days.

With this album, Revolution Saints exhibit a heightened sense of cohesion, energy, and emotion. They solidify their status as giants in the genre, and this album unquestionably reaffirms why they belong at the pinnacle once again.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre