Metal Church : nouveau chanteur / album Congregation Of Annihilation

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Suite au décès tragique de Mike Howe, le groupe a pris le temps pour se relever, et présente son nouveau chanteur : Marc Lopes, actuellement avec Ross the Boss.
METAL CHURCH has officially enlisted ROSS THE BOSS and LET US PREY vocalist Marc Lopes to sing for the band following the passing of Mike Howe less than two years ago.

Earlier today (Thursday, February 2),METAL CHURCH guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof shared a photo of Lopes on social media and wrote in an accompanying message: "Yes, the rumors are true, it's official! Please welcome vocalist Marc Lopes to the congregation!

"We auditioned a handful of vocalists and while they were all great, Marc quickly became the clear choice.

"Both David Wayne and Mike Howe had a very unique, irreplaceable quality to their voices, so we were not looking for a clone of either. We wanted someone new, who could embrace the past, and also bring something fresh and exciting to the mix.

"Marc brings a very classic yet modern feel to the songs and we are looking forward to getting this new album out to you later this year!

"Thank you for your continued support of METAL CHURCH!

"Love & respect, Kurdt Vanderhoof".

On January 26, METAL CHURCH shared an audio snippet of some of the new music — complete with a singer who sounded uncannily like Lopes — the group had been working on in recent months, with plans to release its sometime this spring via Rat Pak Records.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Metal Church : nouveau chanteur

Message par metalrunner »

Pas une tache facile pour lui .
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Non mais je trouve que ce n´est pas un mauvais choix
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Oui énorme capacités vocales et un timbre proche de Wayne .
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

Je suis en train de m'écouter l'album "By Blood Sworn" de Ross The Boss où il chante et ben il chante rudement bien le Marc Lopes (il me fait penser à Joseph Michael le chanteur de Witherfall / Sanctuary notamment quand il part dans les aigus) et Ross The Boss, je n'avais jamais écouté (le nom un peu prétentieux peut être) et j'aime beaucoup. Donc Metal Church n 'est pas mort et ça c'est cool.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

C est agressif c est heavy c est pour moi sinon quel organe vocal je précise .
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Même si son chant est bon, cela fait quand même bizarre de se dire que ce sera cela qu'on entendra sur le nouvel album de Metal Church... :/
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

extrait du prochain album

je trouve le titre sympa mais pas foufou mais le chant colle bien, ça promet quand même pas mal, difficile de ne pas penser à David Wayne
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Clairement Marc Lopes se rapproche bien plus de David Wayne que de Mike Howe. Mais j'avoue ne pas être plus emballé que ça par son style vocal un peu "forcé".
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Moi j aime bien c est vrai que le chanteur devrait moins de Wayné :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici les détails de l'album :
West coast thrash metal veterans, Metal Church, will release their 13th studio album, Congregation Of Annihilation, on May 26 via Rat Pak Records (America) and Reaper Entertainment (Europe).

The new album marks the first release since the tragic death of legendary frontman Mike Howe, who passed in July of 2021. It also marks the first album with new vocalist Marc Lopes (Ross The Boss / Let Us Prey) who came on board in the summer of 2022 and features the current lineup of founding guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof, guitarist Rick Van Zandt, bassist Steve Unger and drummer Stet Howland.

The new songs are a return to the band’s musical roots harkening back to the vibes of the self-titled first album and The Dark. Congregation Of Annihilation was produced by Kurdt Vanderhoof and is now available for pre-order in various bundle configurations in North America here.

Of the album, Kurdt Vanderhoof comments: “This new album is starting a new chapter in the Metal Church legacy. I really love this album. It's a fresh approach for us in one way, but also a return to the very beginnings of Metal Church as part of the New American Thrash Metal movement. This record contains some of the most aggressive songs we have recorded. I hope the fans will like it as much as we do.”

Marc Lopes adds: “I am beyond honored to be part of carrying on this legacy into a new era of Metal Church. Working with Kurdt and a band that was a huge influence of mine growing up was a surreal experience to say the least. For me there was no point in trying to imitate what was already done to perfection. So, with respect to the past, we moved forward to a new chapter and here we are!”

Congregation Of Annihilation features nine all new tracks from Metal Church and continues to build upon their iconic sound the band established over three decades ago. Infused with intelligent lyrical content, thundering guitar riffs, and Marc’s aggressive soaring vocals, Congregation Of Annihilation furthers the bands sonic evolution up to the next level and is guaranteed to enthrall metal music fans around the world.

From the first guitar riff of album opener “Another Judgement Day” through the driving outro of album closer “All That We Destroy,” it is clear Metal Church is back and better than ever. “Congregation Of Annihilation,” “Children Of The Lie” and “These Violent Thrills” showcase the sonically charged songwriting that made the early Metal Church albums such fan favorites.

Haunting musical opuses “Me the Nothing” and “Making Monsters” each puts the musicianship that Metal Church was known for on full display in 2023.

The album also features two bonus tracks: “My Favorite Sin” and “Salvation”. The band’s first single is the anthemic “Pick A God And Prey” and a lyric video for the song can be seen below.
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Thrash métal vétérans il y a un mot de trop :lol: speed a la rigueur .
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un autre titre.
Pour ma part j'ai confirmation que je n'apprécie (toujours) pas le chant de Lopes, mais je serai peut-être en minorité.

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Pas terrible ce titre.
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Je passe mon tour. J'ai cru que c'était Dave Mustaine au chant
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Oui ca force trop au niveau des vocaux dommage .
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

thrash et metal church ca colle pas trop, plus speed heavy
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Répondre