UDO / Peter Baltes

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Udo et Baltes ont participé à un tribute à AC/DC, avec Howling Giant :

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: UDO / Peter Baltes

Message par Everflow »

Peter Baltes explique pourquoi il a quitté Accept et rejoint UDO. Il n'était plus qu'un simple employé dans Accept et cible clairement Hoffmann sans le nommer. On sent bien qu'humainement il préfère de loin être avec Udo.
Former ACCEPT bassist Peter Baltes says that he was "extremely unhappy" toward the end of his four-decade tenure with the band.

The 64-year-old German-born musician discussed his decision to leave ACCEPT in a new interview with Scott Itter of Dr. Music. He said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "The statement that came from the band literally five minutes after I announced that I'm leaving [back in November 2018], that I wanna spend more time with my family, well, that wasn't true. No, no. I was extremely unhappy. And I found out a few things. I'd been in the band forever, and I found out in the end, in this incarnation of ACCEPT, I wasn't even really a member; I was a hired gun. And it's these things that come out where you don't have any input, insight, and you start getting bitter. And there's no reason to, but somebody else's ego is just so big or whatever — two of 'em — that it just takes them there, and they just need to control everything and have everything and you name it. That's what got [original ACCEPT singer] Udo [Dirkschneider] out back then, and I think in the end it hit everybody. So I was the last one standing, but I couldn't stand it anymore. I needed happiness in my life, and there was no happiness there. It was just a dead horse. So I left after the tour. And in my case, it was the best I ever could have done."

Baltes also talked about what it was like to play bass for U.D.O., the band fronted by Dirkschneider, on the group's fall 2022 European tour after U.D.O.'s then-bassist Tilen Hudrap was hospitalized after the band's show in Munich, Germany.

"In retrospect, when I stepped on stage in Berlin [in September 2022] with Udo after so many years — the last time was 2005, I think — it was a moment that I can't even describe it," Peter said. "We went on stage first, and then Udo comes, and he starts singing. And the first note brought me back instantly to our days when we played little clubs. The man is such a legend, and his voice… And it's nothing to do with you're short, you're tall, you're fat, you're skinny, none of that — you're in shape or you're not — none of that matters to me, to him and the audience. [What is important is] when something is authentic. And that's what got me at that moment. I was, like, 'Man, this is the real deal.' I wasn't used to that; I wasn't. I totally forgot. And you can into this where you think, 'We've been doing this all our life.' No, we didn't. We played kind of like it, with people that kind of sound like it. But no. He's the real deal, and the power that comes out of his voice is second to none. Sheer power, meaning volume, power. Bruce Dickinson [IRON MAIDEN] has power. When he sings, you can see it — he has power. Some singers, they have power. And Ronnie [James Dio] had power. Udo has power. That's certain power that just captivates you in your ears, in your stomach, and you go with it."
Frank Hammer
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par Frank Hammer »

Même si j'ai adoré "Too Mean Too Die", faut avouer que Peter Baltes est une perte pour Accept... Et un gain pour UDO.
Boarf, les départs, les réunions, les problèmes habituelles quoi.

C'est une des raisons qui me fait de moins en moins lire l'actualité des groupes (autres que leurs albums et concerts) : tu peux être sur qu'il y en a un dans le lot qui va se révéler être une véritable tête de con et ça va empiéter sur l'appréciation de la musique. Et comme l'affaire de l'auditeur que je suis c'est me procurer ou non la galette, leur petite cuisine interne je m'en tartine le fion.
Je mets les pieds où je veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cette histoire du "transfert" de Baltes aura quand même inversé la perception de chaque entité : UDO est censé être un groupe solo mais récemment ressemble davantage à un véritable groupe dans le sens classique du terme, alors qu'Accept est au contraire en train de devenir un groupe solo.
Frank Hammer
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Pas faux en effet...
Après chez UDO, c'est du turnover de malade depuis qu'il a commencé. Y'a eu une période d'accalmie de Holy à Rev-Raptor (seul le batteur a été remplacé), et ensuite ça a de nouveau été le jeu des chaises musicales tous les 1 ou 2 albums.
Du côté Accept, on verra si ce line-up va tenir un moment : chaque remplaçant du line-up de 2009 est resté en place. A voir donc.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'imagine que l'argent peut aussi peser dans la balance : Accept paie certainement mieux qu'UDO ce qui peut inciter les musiciens à rester dans le groupe et avoir moins besoin d'aller voir ailleurs.
A condition "d'accepter" que Wolff Hoffmann décide de tout, ce que Baltes ne supportait plus visiblement. C'est dommage d'en arriver là, même si finalement assez courant comme situation.
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Il ne faut pas oublier que la femme d'Hoffmann manage le groupe. On a affaire là à un couple soudé depuis des dizaine d'années et ça joue énormément sur l'histoire du groupe. (voir Ozzy/Sharon, Dio/Wendy)
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Frank Hammer
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

the fab a écrit :
24 mars 2023, 18:05
Il ne faut pas oublier que la femme d'Hoffmann manage le groupe. On a affaire là à un couple soudé depuis des dizaine d'années et ça joue énormément sur l'histoire du groupe. (voir Ozzy/Sharon, Dio/Wendy)
Ah ça ce n'est plus d'actualité par-contre :

Antje Lange takes over ACCEPT Management for Continental Concerts & Management!
Under the umbrella of Continental Concerts & Management GmbH Antje Lange now represents the metal band Accept as their
management.
Antje Lange - who has been successfully working in the music industry for decades - takes over the management of Accept and thus relieves the long-time exceptional manager Gaby Hoffmann. For many years, Gerald Wilkes, Continental Concerts, has been responsible for booking Accept.
Lange: "I feel very honored that a band like Accept has placed their trust in me as manager. Accept are currently working in the studio and I am very happy about this new challenge. I hope to add more building blocks to the impressive career of the band".
Gaby Hoffmann: "A long friendship with Continental Concerts turned into an even longer and closer business relationship which became the most successful years of ACCEPT. In my career of well over 50 years I have put all my eggs in one basket: Hard work and firm friendships!
Continental Concerts have become my family and - the best home for ACCEPT!
I pass the torch to Continental's Antje Lange and couldn't have a better team that enjoys my complete trust for the career of ACCEPT.“
http://acceptworldwide.com/
Je suppose que cette dame aura moins son mot à dire que Gaby Hoffmann.
Ce qui fait du Loup le chef incontesté de la meute.
(C'était facile...)
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Je l'ignorais mais j'avais quand même un doute. :)
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cette fois c'est fait : Peter Baltes rejoint officiellement UDO (et DIRKSCHNEIDER).

Dans le communiqué Facebook ces coquins vont jusqu'à provoquer le camp d'en face en précisant bien que Baltes a quitté ACCEPT en 2018 :lol: C'est parti pour une bonne baston par presse interposée.
Former ACCEPT bassist Peter Baltes has officially joined U.D.O. and DIRKSCHNEIDER, the two bands fronted by original ACCEPT singer Udo Dirkschneider. Baltes has been playing bass for U.D.O. since last September, initially as a temporary replacement for U.D.O.'s then-bassist Tilen Hudrap who was hospitalized after the band's show in Munich, Germany.

Baltes says in a statement: "Since my departure from ACCEPT, I kept myself very busy writing and recording for film/TV productions and various artists around the globe. That's how I reconnected with Udo working on his solo album 'My Way', the U.D.O. album 'We Are One' and the DIRKSCHNEIDER & THE OLD GANG album 'Arising'. Since Stefan Kaufmann [guitar; ex-ACCEPT drummer] was also involved, it all had a very familiar feeling. That's why when Udo called me in September to fill in for his injured bass player I did not hesitate. The set list had mostly U.D.O. songs which I was not familiar with and a few ACCEPT tunes. When I arrived in Berlin a few days later for the first show, I was nervous and had no idea what to expect. But as soon as we all took the stage standing next to Udo, it felt like home: His voice took me right back to where it all began. It was a total surprise for the audience at first, but as we played on I realized they were as happy as I was to see Udo and me together again. Over the next three months, I really got to know Sven [Dirkschneider, drums], Dee [Fabian Dee Dammers, guitar] and Andrey [Smirnov, guitar] as extremely talented musicians but also as very humble and respectful guys. It all feels very authentic. That made my decision to say 'yes' very easy when Udo asked me to join the band permanently."

Dirkschneider adds: "I have a very long friendship with Peter Baltes which has never been shadowed by the disagreements with ACCEPT over the past few years. The arguments were exclusively with another person and his wife. It should be clear to everyone who is meant! All other ACCEPT members have always been united in friendship.

"It meant a lot to me when Peter spontaneously helped us out on some U.D.O. tour dates last year. From the first day, I experienced the great feeling and trust from the past with him again. A feeling that always connected us throughout the years in ACCEPT.

"I'm aware that Peter had many lucrative offers from other bands on the table, all of which he had turned down over the years. To be honest, he can't earn these sums with us. It means even more to me that he still decided to stay with U.D.O. and to also join DIRKSCHNEIDER as bassist. This shows me that he has a real metal heart beating in his chest and that friendship and fun are more important to him than money. Thank you, Peter!

"We are very happy that after so many years you are finally having fun on stage again!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Désormais Baltes se lâche sur Accept, et pas uniquement sur Hoffmann :
Peter Baltes says that "everything was wrong" with ACCEPT before he made his decision to leave the band in 2018 after a four-decade tenure with the legendary German heavy metal act. The 65-year-old bassist discussed his exit from the legendary heavy metal act in a new interview with Rock And A Hard Place. He said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "I wasn't the happiest person in ACCEPT before. In my life, every day counts. When you reach my age — I'm 65 now — I wanna enjoy my life and I don't wanna do anything I don't like. I have that right now."

Asked if Udo Dirkschneider's departure from ACCEPT was caused by the singer's disagreements with guitarist Wolf Hoffmann and Wolf's then-wife Gaby Hoffmann, who also managed ACCEPT for several decades, Peter said: "The problem was always between Wolf and his wife and Udo. I never had a problem with Udo. I guess [Udo] wasn't sophisticated enough. He was a blue-collar guy. He was a singer. It never worked out between them. They just hated each other.

"I said that in another interview a while ago, I said here we made the biggest mistake," he continued. "I was asked, actually, by Metal Hammer [what I thought] the worst ACCEPT album [was], and I said it must have been [1989's] 'Eat The Heat' [which featured David Reece on vocals], because we left our true destiny. The singer, which was the sound of the band, is gone, and we try with an American singer to sound like DEF LEPPARD. What a stupid idea there.

"I think in 2005 we did a reunion tour with Udo. But I kept in touch with Stefan [Kaufmann, former ACCEPT drummer], and through him with Udo. Wolf and Gaby always had their [spats with Udo] back and forth in the media, and I kept out of that."

Peter added: "I told the guys in the [later version of ACCEPT], because they all chimed in, 'Eff Udo,' this and that. And I'm thinking, 'Without Udo, you wouldn't be in this band. You're the singer now and you're drummer. You're all humping on Udo. You never met the man, first of all. You never said a word to him. It is so easy to judge somebody. Without him, you would be nowhere.'"

Asked if he felt like he was stuck in the middle between Hoffmann camp and Dirkschneider, Peter said: "Of course. You grow up together, and you have a band. Fans — people who follow a band — for them it's hard to fathom and understand what you're going through, because you spend half a lifetime together or even longer. And you trust people. And then trust is betrayed. And you think, 'Why? What is there to gain? A little bit more money? Power? Is that it?' And I guess that is what it is. Certain people need control; they can't let go. And if they don't have it, they're not happy."

Baltes also reflected on the Mark Tornillo era of ACCEPT, which began with 2010's "Blood Of The Nations" album and as produced four more LPs so far.

"In the end, when you mention ACCEPT albums, yeah, the first one was really good because that was stuff that mostly I had accumulated over the years," Peter said. "So Wolf and I wrote that first album together; that was killer. But after that, it was so predictable — it was the same riff; it's the same thing. So we were very divided. One side just wanted… I'll never forget that — he said, 'We can just do this and ride in the sunset together.' And I said, 'I think I have a different sunset in mind,' because I wanna be relevant with my music. I don't wanna just keep my fans happy and don't go anywhere else and just keep doing this. I wanna evolve; I wanna explore things. I come from a progressive background — EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER, things like this. So I was, like, 'This is the same stupid riff again, the same vocal line. Just another word.' I didn't wanna do it. [There were] too many things that were just bad — financial situations, trust issues, musical [ideas]. Everything was wrong. So that's why I left."

Baltes previously discussed his departure from ACCEPT in an interview earlier this month with Finland's Chaoszine. At the time he said: "Well, it was… maybe the last two years, it started to go down. I didn't like it anymore. And I found out some things — I don't wanna elaborate — but I found out some things that are really not nice. I'd been together with Wolf my whole life, and that wasn't really necessary. Some people have to have all the control, and when it started going into the artistic control, then it really bothered me more. So I really wasn't into it anymore. And I was glad I did it, because it was 2018, and it was the last tour. And then corona happened anyway, so I got to record a lot of different albums. I played on Mick Mars's [MÖTLEY CRÜE] solo album. I did so many different things. And I was writing music for television and radio anyway, so I had two years of working [on] other stuff that I wasn't used to. And then, on the other hand, sitting at home for two years, when Udo called [and asked me to join U.D.O. and DIRKSCHNEIDER], that's why I took about five minutes to answer."
Répondre