Eternal Tears of Sorrow (melodic death / symphonic metal - Finlande)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Krabathora
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Krabathora »

Tiens, je ne savais même pas qu'il existait encore ce groupe.
Le prochain ETERNAL TEARS OF SORROW sortira le 26 avril via Spinefarm Records et s'intitulera "Before The Bleeding Sun". En voilà la tracklist : 01. Sweet Lilith Of My Dreams, 02. Another Me, 03. Red Dawn Rising, 04. Upon The Moors, 05. Sakura No Rei, 06. Sinister Rain, 07. Lost Rune Of Thunder, 08. Tar Still Flows, 09. Angelheart, 10. Ravenheart (Act I : Before The Bleeding Sun)...
"One for one
And none for all
Piece no peace
And FUCK YOU ALL !!!"

(G//Z/R "Drive Boy Shooting")
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Re: Eternal Tears of Sorrow (melodic death / symphonic metal - Finlande)

Message par Pierre »

Ils se sont reformés l'année dernière, ce qui n'est absolument pas pour me déplaire :bang:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
AlexA
Diablesse in disguise
Diablesse in disguise

Message par AlexA »

Suis fan de "Chaotic Beauty" et de "A virgin and a whore".... faut que je l'achète ce petit dernier !!! :amour:

J'adore déja la pochette cet album ..

ça fait leger pour juger, mais ca donne un petit aperçu pour des extraits !!

http://myspace.com/etos1
Délicate Bourrine inside
AlexA a écrit :y a Picard, et c'est déjà épluché !! :-D
Chacal a écrit : si tu parles de Bib, on dit pas épluché, on dit décaloté :°
gutted
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par gutted »

Cet album est vraiment bon : du ETOS pur jus avec des compos à la fois agressives & mélodiques. Mais contrairement à AlexA, je trouve que la pochette n'est pas terrible.
AlexA
Diablesse in disguise
Diablesse in disguise

Message par AlexA »

J'aime le concept de "l'innocence" tuée et saignée en plein vol.. le blanc et le orange, le rouge sang... Très simple, et pleine de symbolique.
Délicate Bourrine inside
AlexA a écrit :y a Picard, et c'est déjà épluché !! :-D
Chacal a écrit : si tu parles de Bib, on dit pas épluché, on dit décaloté :°
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Ah tiens, j'avais pas fait gaffe à cette news ! Cool ! :bang:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Je le trouve nulle part :,( :(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Je l'ai, et il est vraiment excellent! C'est un retour au style de "Chaotic beauty" (avec un peu plus de chant clair), donc ça me va tout à fait. J'aimais bien "A virgin and a whore" aussi, mais il était un ton en dessous. En tout cas, je pense que "Before the bleeding sun" ne décevra personne. Pour la pochette, je rejoins l'avis d'Alexa, je la trouve superbe :)
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Finland's ETERNAL TEARS OF SORROW will release their new album, Saivon Lapsi, via Massacre Records on February 22nd. The band started recording their upcoming album in April 2012 at the Tico-Tico Studio in Kemi, Finland, with Ahti Kortelainen and Janne Tolsa. Mikko Karmila is responsible for the mix and Mika Jussila for the mastering.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

La liste des morceaux :
01) Saivo
02) Dark Alliance
03) Legion of Beast
04) Kuura
05) Dance of December
06) The Day
07) Sound of Silence
08) Beneath the Frozen Leaves
09) Swan Saivo
10) Blood Stained Sea
11) Angelheart, Ravenheart (Act III: Saivon Lapsi)
On poursuit donc le diptyque lancé avec "Before the Bleeding Sun" et "Children of the Dark Waters".

Perso ça doit bien faire 7 ans que j'ai découvert le groupe, avec "chaotic beauty" et "a virgin and a whore" auxquels j'ai immédiatement accroché.
Il se dégage de leur musique une sorte de mélancolie toute propre au Doom / Death que j'ai trouvée très attractive, même si on peut reprocher certaines sonorités kitsch des synthés par moment.

Leurs deux premiers, "Sinner's Serenade" et "Vilda Mánnu", sont dans la même veine, bien que clairement plus orientés Doom / Death que Death mélodique.

La composition du groupe est inchangée depuis l'enregistrement du disque précédent, Kylmänen assurant toujours le chant clair désormais beaucoup plus présent depuis "Before the Bleeding Sun".
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe qui ne sortait plus rien depuis 10 ans finit par splitter.
Jarmo Puolakanaho, guitarist for Finnish melodic death metallers Eterrnal Tears Of Sorrow, has shared a new post here marking the band's 30th Anniversary. Read the message in full below.

Jarmo: "It’s been some time since I last wrote about Eternal Tears of Sorrow, whether individually or on behalf of the entire band. Our seeming inactivity over the past decade plays a part in this silence.

Today, I bring you a mix of news.

First, the cheery part: 'Good news, everyone!' (Those who have watched Futurama know that unfortunately, this phrase is often followed by bad news.)

This month marks three decades since the inception of EToS—certainly a cause for celebration! Or it is actually 32 years if you count from the early days of our forerunner, Andromeda, which began its journey in early 1992.

However, this is tempered by the less cheerful revelation that we have been on hiatus for about a year—a decision that we hadn’t publicly disclosed until now. Hence, there are no official celebrations for this milestone.

Each band member has their reasons for this break. Personally, I feel we might have reached our creative zenith; continuing as before might merely mean repeating ourselves in every conceivable way—songwriting, performing, recording, and the like.

Despite our efforts over the past few years to produce new songs, perhaps aiming for a single or an EP, these did not yield the hoped-for results. The new material seemed either too derivative of our past work or lacked the necessary collective enthusiasm, suggesting we might have exhausted our potential as EToS.

Yet, this period was far from fruitless for me. I’ve significantly honed my songwriting skills and learned to inject new life into our music. These lessons are invaluable as I embark on new projects. Each of us is now exploring different musical avenues through various bands and projects.

As for myself, I’ve been developing a new project since the onset of the pandemic, envisaging something that might echo EToS but with a heavier, more progressive, or even experimental twist. The project will certainly have stuff that hasn’t been possible with EToS, or stuff that I couldn’t even imagine during our active years. So, I’m filled with fresh ideas and enthusiasm for this new direction, exploring where these paths might lead. And this may not be the only project on the horizon for me—I have numerous new ideas that could take many different forms. Only time will tell.

So, I hope to release information of this band/project – or even more projects or bands – next year, as I turn 50 years then.

As to when the EToS hiatus might end, that remains uncertain. We will resume when we all feel the moment is right, perhaps with a reimagined sound and approach to ensure everything feels fresh and invigorating.

In the meantime, I invite our fans to stay connected through our official social media channels on Facebook and Instagram.

Thank you for your steadfast support over these three decades. It has been a profound honour to share this journey with you. Expect us when you see us."

Best regards,
Jarmo Puolakanaho & Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Eternal Tears of Sorrow released seven albums between 1997 and 2013. Work on the follow-up to 2013's Saivon Lapsi began in 2018 but, as mentioned above, the new music was put on hold.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Répondre