Jon Oliva's Pain

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Gandalf a écrit :Hard Music Awards Lifetime Achievemennt Award
Friday, August 5 2005

For over 20 years Jon Oliva has contibuted some of metals most incredible and memorable music. Last night, at the First Annual Hard Music awards held in Tampa, Florida, he finally received an award fitting of those contibutions.

Congratulations to Jon Oliva for winning the much deserved Lifetime Achievement Award!

J'edite:
Une fan qui etait a la ceremonie:

Jon won the Tampa Hardmusic Awards Lifetime achievement award! Thanks to all of you who voted to make sure it happened! Jon couldn't have been more pleased and was very humbled by the fact that so many of you voted like you did!~! Way to go everybody! and Way to go Jon! You really deserved it!

The show was cool, especially in the Tampa Theater, that's where the photos for Streets were shot. Jon and Damond Jiniya presented the award for best male vocalist and were quite funny...they waltzed across the stage together at one point,lol! Speaking of Damond, I spoke to Damond on the break, and had a nice chat with him, catching up with him and hearing all the latest about his new band The Neglected! Watch out world, from what he shared with me it's gonna be a really cool band to check out! His hair is shoulder length and long again, he looked really cute ladies... Then after the break I hung out with The Mtn King as the show wound down and it was getting closer to the time for his award category...he was in a rare mood! very funny, we had a blast making sarcastic quips back and forth! and then it was time, when they named the nominees Kat, Kevin,Super G, Fluffy Adam, Betsy and a few others in our group screamed our asses off, then the big moment arrived and they called out Jon Oliva! Of course we screamed even louder at that so did a lot of other folks in the audience as well! Jon walked out and gave a very gracious acceptance speech, then it was out to the lobby for pix, and we were all outta there(it was really hot like 102 tonight even in the airconditioning it was miserable) I wanna thank Super G for the glass of wine it was really appreciated! You rock dude! (Jon did grab it from me and drink a third of it, but I got it back from him which wasn't an easy feat LOL) Betsy for driving, her wit and humor, and for being the coolest chick in the world as always, and Adam for just being Adam, and as always Kat for just being Kat! lol! I had a wonderful time...I'm too hyped up to sleep, and I hope that no one minds that I went ahead and posted the news, before Kat puts the official news and pix up, but I just couldn't sleep .
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
BiWi
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par BiWi »

au fait gandalf t'a récupéré un t-shirt TAGE???
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

De quoi ?
J'aurai promis quelque chose que j'aurai oublié dans les vapeurs ethyliques et boueuses ? :/
BiWi
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par BiWi »

Gandalf a écrit :De quoi ?
J'aurai promis quelque chose que j'aurai oublié dans les vapeurs ethyliques et boueuses ? :/
oulala....

je te demandais juste si tu avais acheté un t-shirt TAGE vu que sur le site JOP,il y en a a vendre.......c'est tout.......
je te demandais pas de m'en acheter un.......patate ;)
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

ok :D
Les tshirts de JOP etaient vraiment pas beaux sur la tournée, donc pas pris.
Du Tage j'en ai déjà assez je pense, j'attendrai la tournée d'adieu ;)
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Ca commence a parler d'un Dvd :)

"Talk of a live DVD is definately in the works......
We have video taped every show, and most with
very good audio quality as well!

We are thinking of taking clips from several shows and create a
really interesting DVD...I think we will wait until after the tour to
include some great footage of JOP on the road! That would be
hysterical sh*t that no one would want to miss! "
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Le gratteux Jerry Outlaw ne fait plus partie du groupe.
Jon lui même a posté un message sur le forum officiel, expliquant que si l'alchimie passait a merveille en live, en studio Jerry ne s'accordait pas avec la maniere de composer de Jon et le reste du groupe.
Et quelques impressions sur l'album à venir.

"This record is different from the last, very versatile, with lots of things going on, everything from heavy metal to progressive metal, to just all kinds of stuff. We're experimenting with lots of different things and all of us, the whole band, are really excited about it. Everyone has contributed music and ideas and it's just been a lot of fun! I know you guys will be blown away!

Now, with the update of the "goings on" in the studio taken care of, there's something else I'd like to address before false stories and rumors begin to spread. I want to take this opportunity to get the story straight.

Last year Jerry Outlaw was hired to go on tour with the band and to fill the position of additional guitarist, which I believed would take the band to another level. Jerry did an outstanding job, fulfilling every expectation. His abilities are incredible. There is however, an enormous difference between touring and being in a studio environment.

For the past 2 years I've been playing with John, Chris, Kevin and Matt and we've developed a "formula", one that had proven to be a successful one with the release of the last album. My theory is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." However, when we returned from the last tour in Europe and began working on creating the new album, it became apparent that there were distinct differences in the process that Jerry was used to in the studio, as opposed to how the band had done things the previous year and wanted to continue doing. We tried to make some changes to make the situation adaptable and comfortable for Jerry, but unfortunately, it became clear that it was just not something that was going to work. So, last week Jerry was let go from the band. Understand that this is not to say that Jerry was not capable of handling the guitar duties, actually, quite the opposite. What it does mean is that Jerry's way of doing things was different from mine and the rest of the band's. He was having difficulties with our process in the studio and creative differences began to emerge. I felt it was better to move on before actually entering into the studio to begin final recordings.

All of us would like to thank Jerry for his contributions and for the incredible job he did while he was on tour with us. We wish him lots of luck and all the best in his future endeavors.

Love you guys and we'll see you on the road soon!"

Jon Oliva
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

il à qu'à rappeler Pitrelli le Jon bordel :(
My lifestyle determines my deathstyle
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Jamais dans son cadre solo (ou alors pour filer un coup de main en live, qui sait ?).
Il veut vraiment faire une coupure avec Savatage dans son projet (niveau humain) j'ai l'impression.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Voici le nouveau gratteux recruté:

Shane French to join Jon Oliva's Pain
Sunday, February 26 2006

The members of Jon Oliva’s Pain would like to formally welcome guitarist Shane French to the band.

"It's an honor and privilege to rejoin my former band mates Matt LaPorte, Chris Kinder, Kevin Rothney and John Zahner in Jon Oliva's Pain... They are great musicians and people. Playing in Pain is a dream gig for me, as I've been a fan of the Oliva brothers for over 20 years. I'm looking forward to getting out on the road with these guys"

Since 1992, Shane has been the guitarist, as well as one of the founding members, for central Florida melodic hard rock band Teer. He was also the guitarist for Millenium (1998 – 2004). In 2001 he joined forces with Kevin Rothney (bass), Chris Kinder (drums) John Zahner (keyboards) and Matt LaPorte (guitar) in Circle 2 Circle. Shane will join the band in Audio Labs Studio (Tampa, FL.) putting down tracks for the band’s sophomore CD, Maniacal Renderings, due for a May 2006 release.
BiWi
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par BiWi »

t'as pas des news a propos du nouvel album de Savatage qui devait sortir en 2006,Gandalf?
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Aucun album n'etait prévu en 2006 malheureusement. Cette année est consacrée au deuxieme album de JOP et la tournée qui va suivre.
Savatage c'est prévu au mieux pour 2007, pour les 25 ans officieux du groupe...Croisons les doigts parce que ce n'est pas gagné quand même...
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

ça ressemble à quoi au fait JOP ? à du bon Savatage ?
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

weik a écrit :ça ressemble à quoi au fait JOP ? à du bon Savatage ?
dans le bon Savatage, y'a pas de claviers.
du foin pour nos vaches, les Landes indépendante !!!!
OMNIO a écrit :
30 août 2019, 15:12
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Bebert a écrit :
weik a écrit :ça ressemble à quoi au fait JOP ? à du bon Savatage ?
dans le bon Savatage, y'a pas de claviers.
Chacun sa vision du bon Savatage, mais même sur Hall Of The Mountain King ou Gutter Ballet il y a du clavier.
BiWi
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par BiWi »

Gandalf a écrit :Aucun album n'etait prévu en 2006 malheureusement. Cette année est consacrée au deuxieme album de JOP et la tournée qui va suivre.
Savatage c'est prévu au mieux pour 2007, pour les 25 ans officieux du groupe...Croisons les doigts parce que ce n'est pas gagné quand même...
ah bah c'est pas cool........même si JOP c'est pas dégueu ça vaut pas Savatage......fait chier tiens...... :,(
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Changement de label, puisque le groupe passe de SPV à AFM

A BW&BK source at SPV has confirmed that JON OLIVA'S PAIN have left the label and moved to AFM Records. No official statement has been issued by the band or either label regarding the situation, but JOP's upcoming tour dates with DORO and ELVENKING - both AFM signings - would indicate this isn't a tentative development. More information will be provided by BW&BK as we get it.

Jon Oliva's Pain released their debut album, 'Tage Mahal, through SPV in 2004. A new album entitled Maniacal Renderings - Chapter 2 is expected to be released this May.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Plus de précisions sur les sorties à venir cette année pour le groupe.
Et pour l'album en mai, il doit y avoir une erreur Pierre. Moi j'ai ca sur le site officiel:

JON OLIVA'S PAIN, the band led by SAVATAGE mastermind Jon Oliva, has inked a deal with AFM Records. September 2006 will see the release of the group's second record, entitled "Maniacal Renderings". Look for a five-song EP release on June 23 which will include three new songs from the upcoming CD and two live SAVATAGE songs from the 2004-2005 "'Tage Mahal Tour".

JON OLIVA'S PAIN's new album, tentatively titled "Maniacal Renderings", was once again recorded at Audio Lab Studios in Tampa, Florida and is described in a press release as "a more progressive, complex and dramatic edge without sacrificing any of the song writing quality that fans have come to expect during Oliva's 25-year career."

JON OLIVA'S PAIN will deliver a small dose of the new CD during their tour and festival gigs in April when both the press and a few lucky fans will have the chance to meet the band and listen to some new songs backstage. Prior to the release in September, JON OLIVA'S PAIN will return for the summer festival run in Europe as well as a co-headlining tour scheduled for November-December 2006.

Oliva commented on the new deal: "AFM was the obvious choice for us. Complete dedication to their bands, in both support and marketing, is the reason we have made this critical move. The next record for JON OLIVA'S PAIN is taking on a new and more intense direction. We needed a label that not only understood what we are trying to do, but embraced it with genuine excitement. Knowing that your record company is really pumped about the new music helps to drive the recording process to a whole new level of intensity....We're going to push every button possible!"

Et la petite tournée du printemps:

Upcoming JON OLIVA'S PAIN shows:

Apr. 15 – Gysenberghalle - Herne, GER
Apr. 16 – Löwensaal - Nuremberg, GER
Apr. 18 - Planet Music - Wien, AUT
Apr. 19 – Wighwam - Budapest, HUN
Apr. 21 – Rainbow - Milan, ITA
Apr. 22 - Tempo Rock - Reggio Emilia, ITA
Apr. 24 – Backstage - Munich, GER
Apr. 26 – Deboerderij - Zoetermeer, NETH
Apr. 28 - Juz Live Club - Andernach, GER
Apr. 29 – Oktoberhallen - Aalst, BEL (Pestpop Festival)
Apr. 30 - venue TBA - Aalst, BEL (Acoustic show)
Jun. 23-24 - Bang Your Head Festival - Balingen, GER
Jul. 08 - Rock Harz Open Air Osterode - Dorste, Lower Saxony, GER

Milan pour moi :)
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Sur l'oreille pour moi... :(
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

JOP signing sessions
Tuesday, June 20 2006

In-store signing session with JOP will take place in

Nuremberg on Friday 06/30/2006, 17:00 o'clock (05:00 pm).
Saturn Nürnberg
Vordere Ledergasse 3
90403 Nürnberg
Germany

and

Frankfurt on Wednesday 07/05/2006, 17:00 o'clock (05:00 pm).
Musikladen Frankfurt
Stiftstr. 9 - 17
60313 Frankfurt
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le nouvel EP Maniacal Renderings est dispo, je l'ai vu en bacs ces jours-ci.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

Fangface a écrit :Le nouvel EP Maniacal Renderings est dispo, je l'ai vu en bacs ces jours-ci.
en vinyl aussi ??
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Eh ben pas trop tot...Au moins on aura pas a le commander via net. :)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

sigurd a écrit :
Fangface a écrit :Le nouvel EP Maniacal Renderings est dispo, je l'ai vu en bacs ces jours-ci.
en vinyl aussi ??
Aucune idée, mais vu la pochette ça n'aurait pas beaucoup d'intérêt :D

Voici tant qu'à faire la pochette du nouvel album qui sort le 1er septembre :

Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

Fangface a écrit :
sigurd a écrit :
en vinyl aussi ??
Aucune idée, mais vu la pochette ça n'aurait pas beaucoup d'intérêt :D
ah mais pour moi le vinyl ce n'est pas que l'intérêt de la pochette c'est aussi betement ce son si chaleureux et en plus si ca tourne en 45t, une superbe dynamique!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On peut écouter 4 titres du prochain album sur leur myspace :

:pointer: http://www.myspace.com/jonoliva
Répondre