Michael "Wurzel" Burston (Motörhead) 1950-2011

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

humour noir ? :D
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
beerbbq
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par beerbbq »

Qui sait? :hum:
SDMF
Metal Cat
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par Metal Cat »

Au suivant !!!!
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Au fait, c'était pourquoi le surnom Wurzel?
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
beerbbq
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par beerbbq »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=160515

Dans ce lien que Yoda a posté, on peut lire :

"Before joining MOTÖRHEAD in 1984, Burston had been a corporal in the Army, serving in Germany and Ireland with the 1st Battalion of the Gloucestershire Regiment, and had played in the bands BASTARD and WARFARE. Joining another relatively unknown guitarist, Phil Campbell, they played together at a MOTÖRHEAD audition, and both were taken on.

Burston acquired the nickname Würzel while in the Army, being compared to the character Worzel Gummidge due to his scarecrow-style hair and bumpkin-like manner. Lemmy reportedly demanded that Würzel add an umlaut to the "U" in his name, for "heavy metal effect.""
SDMF
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les réactions de Motörhead :
"We are greatly saddened to confirm that our long-time friend and comrade Würzel died Saturday at his home. Würz was pouring a Guinness and cracking a joke when he succumbed to a heart attack; at least we know he went with a smile.

"It is a cliché to say that words cannot describe how we feel, and in this case, other than ones such as 'shit' and 'awful' and 'very, very sad,' it is true, they really can't. We all shared many many great times together, and what he did for MOTÖRHEAD is quite simply indelible.

"As our good friend Steve 'Krusher' Joule said, 'RIP, dear Würzel, a rocker and a gentleman.'"

MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister added: "Wurzel was my friend and my brother and he's never going to laugh with me again or bitch me out or do….anything. And that truly and cosmically SUCKS.

"RIP Wurz. Godspeed. Good man."
MOTÖRHEAD paid tribute to the band's late guitarist Michael "Würzel" Burston on Sunday during their set at the U.K.'s Sonisphere festival. Addressing the crowd, Lemmy reportedly said, "We'd like to dedicate this set and our lives to Würzel."
Motörhead drummer Mikkey Dee spoke to Sweden's Expressen newspaper about Würzel's passing, stating: "He wrote damn good Motörhead riffs. I remember that I missed that when he was not there. I missed the simple classic Motörhead riffs. They were never written after that. They left with him."
Describing Würzel, Dee continues, "He was wonderful, he was really funny. There was a lot of rock and roll in the old man."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

heavy76 a écrit :Sous toutes réserves, son décès serait dû a un problème cardiaque.
Effectivement :
Wurzel, who was with Motorhead for nine albums between 1985-1995, died on July 9 from ventricular fibrillation caused by heart muscle disease (cardiomyopathy), at the age of 61. Kilmister's bass tech, Tim Butcher, broke the news on his Facebook page, also referring to Wurzel as a "complete gent" and a "great guitarist, and writing "We will miss you."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Tony Le Pouilleux

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Everflow a écrit :Motörhead drummer Mikkey Dee spoke to Sweden's Expressen newspaper about Würzel's passing, stating: "He wrote damn good Motörhead riffs. I remember that I missed that when he was not there. I missed the simple classic Motörhead riffs. They were never written after that. They left with him."
Il aurait pu un peu mieux peser ses mots, car il dévalue le travail du reste du groupe. :lol:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

RIP :,(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Répondre