Ulver (avant-garde / ambiant, Norvège)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Ulver à un salon du livre en Norvège!
Drôle d'endroit pour jouer, mais c'est sympa :)

Progressive Norwegian black metal band ULVER will perform at the Norwegian Festival of Literature on Saturday, May 30 at Maihaugsalen in Lillehammer, Norway.

Once among the pioneers of Norwegian black metal, now living legends of dark experimental music, ULVER is one of Norway's most acclaimed international artists. While remaining something of a secret treasure back home, a long series of strong releases, most recently the album "Shadows of the Sun" (2007), has earned them a unique status worldwide.

ULVER has, since its first album, been exclusively a studio band. This being their first live performance in 15 years, the concert at Lillehammer is a historic event.

Commented the group in a statement: "Last year Mr. Stig Sæterbakken approached us with an offer to play live at the Norwegian Festival of Literature, and after long consideration we have decided to accept the invitation. We go to the job with great humility and horror."

A limited number of tickets is available at http://www.billettservice.no.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
sarah
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par sarah »

Bah vu les derniers albums, ça leur va très bien, surtout que c'est pas souvent qu'ils jouent en public :)
jesus
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jesus »

tain c'est clair, bon je pourrais jamais faire le déplacement jusqu'à là-bas mais c'est un groupe rare que j'aimerais bien voir un jour
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Ulver (prog / ambiant, Norvège)

Message par Everflow »

Encore une démarche différente pour les norvégiens avec des reprises de chansons psychédéliques de la fin des années 60.
"Childhood's End" sees progressive Norwegian rock/metal band ULVER re-interpret classic psychedelic tracks from the late 1960s. The album includes ULVER's unique versions of tracks from THE 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS, ELECTRIC PRUNES, JEFFERSON AIRPLANE, THE PRETTY THINGS and more.

The Sunshine era gets the "dark music" treatment!

Early pioneers of Norwegian black metal, ULVER have continually evolved throughout their career and now stand as living legends of the dark music industry, blending rock, electronica, symphonic and chamber traditions along with noise and experimental music to create groundbreaking material.

Last year they released the critically acclaimed "War Of The Roses" album which was described by Zero Tolerance as "a quite beautiful record of startlingly powerful depth."

All copies ordered from the Kscope store will come with a download card which features a unique code to download a digital version of the album. Pre-order now for May 28 release.

"Childhood's End" track listing:

CD:

01. Bracelets Of Fingers (originally recorded by THE PRETTY THINGS)
02. Everybody's Been Burned (THE BYRDS)
03. The Trap (BONNIWELL'S MUSIC MACHINE)
04. In The Past (CHOCOLATE WATCHBAND)
05. Today (JEFFERSON AIRPLANE)
06. Can You Travel In The Dark Alone? (GANDALF)
07. I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night (ELECTRIC PRUNES)
08. Street Song (THE 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS)
09. 66-5-4-3-2-1 (THE TROGGS)
10. Dark Is The Bark (LEFT BANKE)
11. Magic Hollow (BEAU BRUMMELS)
12. Soon There'll Be Thunder (COMMON PEOPLE)
13. Velvet Sunsets (MUSIC EMPORIUM)
14. Lament Of The Astral Cowboy (CURT BOETTCHER)
15. I Can See The Light (LES FLEUR DE LYS)
16. Where Is Yesterday (UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)

Vinyl:

Side A

1. Bracelets Of Fingers
2. Everybody's Been Burned
3. The Trap
4. In The Past
5. Today

Side B

01. Can You Travel In The Dark Alone?
02. I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night
03. Street Song
04. 66-5-4-3-2-1

Side C

01. Dark Is The Bark
02. Magic Hollow
03. Soon There'll Be Thunder
04. Velvet Sunsets

Side D

01. Lament Of The Astral Cowboy
02. I Can See The Light
03. Where Is Yesterday
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
DavidHasselhofSteel
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par DavidHasselhofSteel »

Oui ben en ce qui me concerne ca fera comme un vrai nouvel album, je ne connais pas une seule de ces chansons !
"We don't play Thrash Metal, it's for fucking wimps"
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

George Harrison Ford a écrit :Oui ben en ce qui me concerne ca fera comme un vrai nouvel album, je ne connais pas une seule de ces chansons !
La même. :D
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Pas grand monde connaît ces chansons, même parmi les groupes les plus "connus" de cette liste, ce ne sont pas les tubes qui sont repris.
BLCKME

Message par BLCKME »

bien vomitif cette pochette
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

ULVER, "Childhood's end"

Message par Pierre »

Album de reprise 60's au programme :)

Petits changements concernant "Childhood's End", l'album de reprises 60's d'ULVER : il sortira finalement le 28 mai et sera disponible aux formats digibook et double vinyl. Sa cover définitive est également visible ci-contre.
Pour rappel, la tracklist de "Childhood's End" est : 1. Bracelets Of Fingers (The Pretty Things) - 2. Everybody's Been Burned (The Byrds) - 3. The Trap (Bonniwell's Music Machine) - 4. In The Past (Chocolate Watchband) - 5. Today (Jefferson Airplane) - 6. Can You Travel In The Dark Alone? (Gandalf) - 7. I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night (Electric Prunes) - 8. Street Song (The 13th Floor Elevators) - 9. 66-5-4-3-2-1 (The Troggs) - 10. Dark Is The Bark (Left Banke) - 11. Magic Hollow (Beau Brummels) - 12. Soon There'll Be Thunder (Common People) - 13. Velvet Sunsets (Music Emporium) - 14. Lament Of The Astral Cowboy (Curt Boettcher) - 15. I Can See The Light (Les Fleur De Lys) - 16. Where Is Yesterday (United States Of America)
Par ailleurs vous pouvez obtenir un mp3 pour le morceau "Magic Hollow", reprise de BEAU BRUMMELS, en souscrivant à la newsletter de K-Scope

Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Putain...5 topics plus bas, t'abuse :lol:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Allez hop fusion. :D
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

C'est du psyché, pas du fusion, qu'est-ce que tu dis-là le boss? :dehors:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Khayman
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Khayman »

Et un clip, vraiment classe qui plus est!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ça donne envie de découvrir les originaux.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

heavylaw a écrit :Le nouvel opus des norvégiens sort le 23 septembre chez Kscope. Intitulé "Messe I.X - IV.X", il comprend six titres réalisés en collaboration avec l’institution Arctic Opera and Philharmonic Orchestra.

The music was commissioned last year by the Tromsø Kulturhus (House of Culture) in Norway, in a cooperation with the Arctic Opera and Philharmonic Orchestra cultural institution. It was composed and first performed live by Ulver, alongside the Tromsø Chamber Orchestra on September 21 2012. The band then took the recordings back to Oslo and spent winter and spring in post-production, honing the material for its studio-equivalent.

The follow up to 2011’s acclaimed Wars of the Roses, Messe I.X–VI.X is a different entity; reverberating 2007’s somber and solemn Shadows of the Sun, with the band even going as far as to say it feels like a companion piece to it. The album also echoes the early electronic experiments of EPs Silence Teaches You How to Sing and Silencing the Singing, and is furthermore said to invoke the ghost of an abandoned Nattens madrigal renaissance-project.

Six compositions altogether written and produced, recorded and mixed by Ulver, this time consisting of Ole Alexander Halstensgård, Kristoffer Rygg, Jørn H. Sværen and Tore Ylwizaker, with additional aid and advice from composer Martin Romberg who also arranged the music for the 21 members of Tromsø Chamber Orchestra. The album also features the extraordinary talents of contemporary composers/musicians Ole-Henrik Moe and Kari Rønnekleiv.

Un titre est en écoute à cette adresse :

Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

L'album est en écoute ici:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le groupe vient de sortir une production en commun avec Sunn o))), intitulée "Terrestrials" :

3 'mouvements' au programme : 'Let There Be Light' - 'Western Horn' - 'Eternal Return'

Et c'est en écoute ici : http://pitchfork.com/advance/344-terrestrials/
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le coffret 5 CD :
Back in April, it was announced the release of the Ulver box set called Trolsk Sortmetall 1993 - 1997 but just the initial details. Today, Century Media is revealing all the details. Find out all about it below including the cover artwork. After months of work, the long-awaited box sets have finally been sent off to the pressing plants.

The box set contains the albums Bergtatt (1994), Kveldssanger (1995) and Nattens Madrigal (1996), collectively known as The Trilogie - Three Journeyes Through The Norwegian Netherworlde (released under this title as a 1000 limited edition triple picture vinyl box set in 1997). Bonus contents will be the band's demo tape Vargnatt (1993), the rare compilation track "Synen" (Cthulhu Records 1997) as well as a recently unearthed 4-track rehearsal recording featuring tracks from Nattens Madrigal.

With the exception of Nattens Madrigal, now with a slightly more compassionate re-mastering courtesy of Tom Kvålsvoll at Strype Audio, Oslo, all the material has been considerately re-mastered to analog tape by Jaime Gomes Arellano in Orgone Studios, London, and consulted by Ulver's mastermind Kristoffer Rygg.

Trolsk Sortmetall 1993 - 1997 comes as a brazen 5CD box set with a canvas-bound slipcase and 100+ page booklet as well as a 4LP box (plus rehearsal tape). The layout has been done by Metastazis, who has previously worked with Ulver and has for this project been given access to lots of never before seen archival material.
Contents of the CD box:

Hardcover 5CD box with 16-page booklet:
CD 1: Vargnatt
CD 2: Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr i 5 Capitler
CD 3: Kveldssanger
CD 4: Nattens Madrigal - Aatte Hymne til Ulven i Manden
CD 5: Nattens Madrigal - 4 track rehearsal, summer 1995

Hardcover book with 104 pages of unpublished photos and paraphernalia, original Norwegian lyrics, presentations and their English translations, comments by the band as well as liner notes by Jon 'Metalion' Kristiansen (founder of Head Not Found Records and the man behind Slayer Mag), Chris Bruni (Profound Lore Records), Michael Moynihan (author of Lords Of Chaos) and Mark Pilkington (Strange Attractor Press).

The 5CD box will be limited to 3000 copies worldwide.

Contents of the LP box:

LP I: Vargnatt
LP II: Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr i 5 Capitler
LP III: Kveldssanger
LP IV: Nattens Madrigal - Aatte Hymne til Ulven i Manden
MC: 4 track rehearsal, summer 1995
Poster (size 60 x 30 cm)
32-page booklet in LP size (carrying same content as the CD box booklets)

The LP box is limited to 2000 copies worldwide and the pressings will be broken down as follows:

1500 copies on black vinyl
400 copies on silver vinyl
100 copies on clear vinyl (including a limited art print only available in this version)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un album de conception étrange, sous le nom de ATGCLVLSSCAP, mélange d'enregistrements improvisés live si j'ai bien compris, avec 2/3 de matériel inédit :

https://soundcloud.com/homlabel/ulver-c ... is-excerpt
Ulver have just revealed many details regarding their new release. Titled ATGCLVLSSCAP, this release consists of 12 tracks over 80-minutes with music sourced from 12 live performances the band played in 2014. The result is a new collection of songs spawned from familiar origins. To get an idea, you can stream the new "Moody Stix" here borne from a performance of the nearly 15 years old "Doom Stix" from the A Quick Fix Of Melancholy EP in 2003 and another excerpt below as well.

Look out for ATGCLVLSSCAP via House of Mythology on January 22nd, 2016.

The new Ulver gatefold double album vinyl (also­ available on CD) features over 80 minutes worth of material. This album consists of multitracked and studio-enhanced live, mostly improvisational, rock and electronic soundscapes, 2/3 of which has never been heard before. The basis for the album - which the band has been working with under the moniker '12' - arrives from recordings made at twelve different live shows that the band performed in February 2014, in which the band vaulted into the deep end of an improvisatory approach to their performance.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ne pas regarder trop longtemps.

Pour écouter c'est ici :

Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

Un peu trop dense après une écoute.
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Putain la pochette fait bien mal aux yeux! :/
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Norwegian electronic/avant-garde black metal pioneers Ulver have just revealed the details for their upcoming thirteenth studio album entitled The Assassination Of Julius Caesar. The new album follows up their 2016 effort ATGCLVLSSCAP and will be released by the London based label House of Mythology on 7th April 2017. The artwork and tracklist have been revealed so far. More info available soon.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est sympa, mais ce topic n'a plus rien à faire dans les sections metal non? :)
New Ulver music? It's here! The Norwegian avantgardists released a new album this year called The Assassination Of Julius Caesar but there's a new EP coming soon on House of Mythology, with the release date yet to be confirmed. Sic Transit Gloria Mundi is the title of the new EP just announced.

Répondre