Kill Devil Hill (Vinny Appice + Rex Brown)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En plus de jouer dans le projet parallèle de Rex Brown (Pantera, Down), Vinny Appice (Black Sabbath, Dio, Heaven & Hell) vient de monter un nouveau groupe avec lui.
Drummer Vinny Appice (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO) told "Metal Shop"'s Ralph Cartel in a brand new interview that he has launched a brand new project, tentatively dubbed KILL DEVIL HILL, which includes contributions from former PANTERA and current DOWN bassist Rex Brown.

"I've been working with a new band," Vinny said. "Right now it's called KILL DEVIL HILL. It's a cool thing. This thing just kicks ass. Unknown singer... His name is Dewey Bragg. And Mark Zavon on guitar. And Rex Brown from PANTERA has played on some of the tracks. He's involved in it, too. And it just kills. So this will be out next year. We just hooked up management."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Chanson en écoute, lente et lourde comme on pouvait s'y attendre :

http://soundcloud.com/revolvermagazine/ ... me/s-ZY4sx
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur album sortira fin mars chez SPV.
KILL DEVIL HILL — the band featuring Vinny Appice (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO) on drums, Rex Brown (DOWN, PANTERA) on bass, Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P., 40 CYCLE HUM) on guitar and Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) on vocals — will release its self-titled debut album on March 27 in North America via SPV/Steamhammer. The CD was produced by Warren Riker, who is best known for his work with DOWN, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, SUBLIME and CATHEDRAL. The effort will be available in a standard CD edition, as an iTunes digital download, and double gatefold LP. Details and track listing for each format can be found below.

CD:

01. War Machine
02. Hangman
03. Voodoo Doll
04. Gates Of Hell
05. Rise From The Shadows
06. We're All Gonna Die
07. Time & Time Again
08. Old Man
09. Mysterious Ways
10. Up In Flames
11. Revenge

Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Ce qui est marrant quand même c'est l'extrapolation des parcours des musiciens pour essayer de se donner une crédibilité.
Exemple ci-dessus:
Mark Zavon (ex Ratt, ex Wasp).
Il est cité comme avoir appartenu à deux groupes majeurs du Hard Us / Heavy Metal.
Mais en cherchant un peu on se rend compte qu'il avait juste été pressenti pour occuper le poste de guitariste dans Wasp avant qu'on lui préfère Doug Blair. Il n'y a jamais officiellement foutu les pieds.
Et concernant Ratt, j'ai rien trouvé de concret à part des apparitions sur des compiles.

LEMETAL .... LEMETALLLLL ..... LEMETAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!! :up: :up: :up: :up:
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Après le descriptif de ce genre de news n'est peut-être pas écrit totalement par le label, car ça vient de Blabbermouth qui arrange à sa sauce et qui fait parfois mousser certains groupes plus que d'autres.

En tout cas j'avais jamais vu le nom de ce Mark Zavon avant.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

Bien plan plan et tout plat...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Quelqu'un a chopé l'album pour savoir si c'est bon? :)
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Apparemment non. :D

Et voilà déjà le second :

KILL DEVIL HILL — the band featuring legendary drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL) alongside Rex Brown (PANTERA, DOWN) on bass, Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P., 40 CYCLE HUM) on guitar and Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) on vocals — will release its sophomore album, "Revolution Rise", in North America on October 29 via Century Media Records. The CD was produced by KILL DEVIL HILL and Jeff Pilson (DOKKEN, FOREIGNER, DIO) and was mixed by Jay Ruston (STONE SOUR, ANTHRAX, STEEL PANTHER). The cover artwork was created by Sam Shearon, who has previously worked with ROB ZOMBIE, IRON MAIDEN and FEAR FACTORY, to name just a few. Says Brown of the new album: "This new KILL DEVIL HILL record is definitely one of my favorite moments of my career — it's got balls, great melodies, awesome guitar riffing and a low end that'll set your ass on fire! The album far exceeds our wildest expectations and we can't wait to take this music out on the road and share it with all of our friends and fans. Buckle your seat belts, we're all in for one hell of a ride!" "Revolution Rise" track listing: 01. No Way Out 02. Crown Of Thorns 03. Leave It All Behind 04. Why 05. Wake Up The Dead 06. Long Way From Home 07. Where Angels Dare To Roam 08. Stained Glass Sadness 09. Endless Static 10. Stealing Days 11. Life Goes On KILL DEVIL HILL will celebrate the new album release with an October 29 party and performance at The Roxy on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood, California. A fall tour will follow. Speaking to Skinny Music earlier this year, Brown stated about KILL DEVIL HILL's new material: "It's pure, unadulterated, hard, kicking-ass rock and roll, man. That's all I an say about it. It's gonna be amazing. The tapes I have, there's no compression, no EQ off the board. It's just non-stop rock and roll, man. That's all there is to it." KILL DEVIL HILL's self-titled debut album was released last year via Steamhammer/SPV. The CD landed at position No. 9 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. "Kill Devil Hill" was produced by Warren Riker, who is best known for his work with DOWN, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, SUBLIME and CATHEDRAL. The effort was made available in a standard CD edition, as an iTunes digital download, and double gatefold LP. According to drummer Vinny Appice, KILL DEVIL HILL's sound is "like a cross between BLACK SABBATH, ALICE IN CHAINS and a little bit of LED ZEPPELIN thrown in. It's heavy, but with a lot of cool hooks and melodic overtones, too." KILL DEVIL HILL is: * Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) - Vocals * Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P., 40 CYCLE HUM) - Guitar * Rex Brown (DOWN, PANTERA) - Bass * Vinny Appice (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO) – Drums
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kill-d ... FqQkPeq.99
steelprophet
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par steelprophet »

j'avais pogné le premier album et faut avouer que c'était plutôt pas mal,bien groovy avec des influences comme black sab',led zeppellin ou pantera.
Ils sont passés en concert a montreal et ca a fait un flop terrible(40 personnes tout au plus)faut dire que la promo était inexistante et que ca se passait dans un club hip-hop... :bravo:
mais ca faisait mal de voir des légendes et des bons musiciens jouer devant une salle quasi vide...

je vais essayer de me procurer ce second album quand même !
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

pas pris le temps de l'écouter non plus mais il faut avouer que les extraits ne m'en ont pas trop donné envie non plus. J'ai cru comprendre qu'ils ont annulé leur tournée européenne pour manque de préventes donc ouais c'est un peu la loose pour eux, les pauvres. Au final c'est un groupe composé des membres les plus dispensables de groupes pourtant cultes. :D

Rex doit l'avoir bien mauvaise d'avoir quitté Down pour ça.
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Le premier album est sympa, mais en dehors du premier titre bien groovy le reste est assez molasson je dois dire. Curieux d'écouter la suite.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une chanson assez catchy / radiophonique :

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Vinny Appice n'est plus le batteur, il est remplacé par Johnny Kelly (ex-Type O Negative, actuel A Pale Horse Named Death) :
KILL DEVIL HILL have announced the addition of TYPE O NEGATIVE drummer Johnny Kelly to the band. Kelly, who also plays with DANZIG and his own band A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH, replaces the recently departed Vinny Appice.

"I'm really excited about coming on board with Kill Devil Hill," says Kelly. "I've been a fan since their debut and have known the guys for a long-time. It's also clear that I have some really big shoes to fill. I'm ready for that challenge as I prepare for KDH’s next chapter - this is gonna be a blast!"

The band will play their first shows with Kelly behind the kit April 4th - 6th [see dates below], three warm-up shows before embarking on an Australian run with KILLSWITCH ENGAGE. More expansive North American dates will be announced shortly.

Adds bassist Rex Brown - "We all have a lot of love and respect for Vinny and have been honored to have jammed with him over the last few years - we wish Vinny well with all his future endeavors, it has been a blast!"

"It's been a great musical adventure from the beginning, but the time has now come to go our separate ways and continue to make music that we love," says Appice of his decision to leave the band.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Répondre