Sebastian Bach sortira son premier album solo : Angel Down

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Baz continue dans le rap, un nouveau titre a été mis en ligne...

http://www.myspace.com/sebastianbach
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

NON je ne regarderai pas :P
I hear her voice in the night
Cries of joy
We were good... good...good...
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Jason Price of Live-Metal.net recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW vocalist Sebastian Bach. A few of excerpts from the chat follow:

Live-Metal.net: How long has ["Angel Down"] been in the works?

Bach: I spent seven years writing the record. The first song was written in the year 2000, right after I was done with "Jekyll & Hyde" on Broadway. I wrote "Falling Into You", which is the last song on the record, with Desmond Child. Then I went through many, many different band members over the course of the years. I had many different guitar players and musicians in my solo band, so each one of them had something to offer and it basically took me seven years to assemble 14 songs that I feel is an album. That is why it took that long.

Live-Metal.net: In your opinion, where does "Angel Down" stack up in comparison to your previous work?

Bach: Well, one thing that really surprises me about "Angel Down" is how young my voice sounds on certain songs. There is a song called "You Don't Understand" on which I really concentrated on singing really clean and pure. I have been beating the shit out of myself and my voice for 20 years, and there is no way that my voice should sound the way that it sounds on some of these songs, which is just surprising to me. I can only attribute it to theater and all the theater that I have done. That taught me a lot about singing. I can hear the theatrical influence in certain parts of the record.

Live-Metal.net: You used artwork from your father, David Bierk, as the cover for "Angel Down". The painting is titled "David Watching". How did you decide on this particular piece for the album cover?

Bach: Well, my dad was extremely prolific. There are thousands of images that he painted during his lifetime. So there is really a wealth of paintings that I could choose from. When I did "Jesus Christ Superstar" in 2002, that image really haunted me because it looked like it was him in heaven, made of rock, lifeless, looking down at Jesus in the painting, and I was playing the rôle of Jesus at the time. So to me it was like an image from beyond the grave. And then we have the song "Angel Down". I had already been thinking of using that as the title track because I always want the title track to be super fucking ballsy and heavy. And on that song, that is the heaviest riff I have heard in years. So when I thought of the title "Angel Down", with the painting, it was meant to be. It totally fit together. Then, a lot of the lyrics on the record have a lot to do with the war, and I am sure any parent or family member or friend that has lost a soldier in this war knows what an "Angel Down" means. It is like saying "man overboard." It has a very military feel to it, which again is what a lot of the lyrics have to do with.

Live-Metal.net: You had the painting tattooed on your arm by the legendary Kat Von D, what was that experience like for you?

Bach: That was great, man! Because a lot of my tattoos are really super old and Kat Von D has such a new style with the way she does tats. It is so fucking detailed and she has her own style that is very, very happening and cool. So that was really great to do that show. I loved how they played "Love is a Bitchslap" on "LA Ink". A lot of the fans were like, "Dude, your fucking song sounds KILLER on the show!" I loved hearing it on the show. It was the first time that I had heard one of my new songs on a TV show and I freaked out. I was like, "Oh my God, I really do have a new record!" [laughs]

Live-Metal.net: In many ways, especially in the "rock media," you have become a sort of "unofficial mouthpiece" for GUNS N' ROSES in the past few years.

Bach: Yeah.

Live-Metal.net: Does this ever put you in a bad spot or become a bit of a burden?

Bach: Uh, yeah, actually it does. Actually, just yesterday. I do talk about him a lot and I don't know what to do. What, am I not supposed to talk about the best singer in the world who just happens to be my buddy? [laughs] It is kinda hard NOT to talk about it! I did an interview with a magazine last week where I went into detail about our collaboration and they condensed it into about three sentences, which wasn't cool. So, he [Axl] was asking me about it and I said, "I never said this." So maybe sometimes I should talk a little less about him, but it is hard. Number one, I am a fan and mumber two, he is a friend, and number three, he is on my record. So I just have to trust the writers not to twist my words and I don't have a bad word to say about him. It is not in my being. So I do have to be careful.

Live-Metal.net: You have been in the public eye for a very long time and have a very well documented career. What do you think is the biggest misconception about Sebastian Bach?

Bach: There are a lot of misconceptions. You know, I don't like the word "80s" because it always makes me cringe. Or "hair band," I hate that word. I don't like being lumped in with a bunch of other bands that I have never even met, have never even played with and have nothing to do with, but somehow we are all in one big band together. That drives me nuts. The real fans know the difference between SKID ROW and a lot of the bands that SKID ROW gets billed with. The SKID ROW of 2007 doesn't help matters at all by what they are doing. They are wrecking the name worse than can ever be wrecked. So they make my job harder when I am trying to do something cool and new, and they are just touring the world two out of five original members, playing with all the bands that we would never have toured with me in the band. So they make it hard. So I have to fight "80s hair band" all the time and I guess I don't make it any easier on myself when I have long blonde hair down to my asshole, but that's just too bad! [laughs] TOO BAD!

Live-Metal.net: Will you be doing anything special to celebrate the release of "Angel Down" on November 20, when it is released?

Bach: I do plan on going to my area stores and just making sure that it is there! [laughs] Hopefully, I don't have to yell at anybody on the phone at the end of the day! Really, at this point, I have worked so hard on it and listened to it so many times and I have approved it. It's amazing. But I still haven't seen the finished product yet! Hopefully, they didn't spell something wrong or fucking leave a song off or something! As long as it is like we approved it, it is amazing and it is everything that I want it to be. So really, all I can do then is just hope for the best! It's like I put a stamp on an envelope and put it in the mail, it's gone! It's out of my control! Once I say it's done, it's yours as much as it is mine. So I hope you like it! The other thing I would like to say is, that if people really want to support rock n' roll, please go to the store and buy the CD. CD stores are going out of business to the point where it is getting really fucking scary to be a musician. You can download it, but you are gonna miss out on the full sound of the CD, which is way better than MP3 sound. You're gonna miss out on the artwork and the double-sided poster which is included in the packaging. And we all put a lot of work into making a package that you are not even going to know about if you just download an MP3. If anyone is thinking about the CD, please, go to the store and support rock n' roll, support record stores, support the CD industry, support my kids! [laughs] And BUY THE FUCKING CD! [laughs] We all have to do that. When I want a new CD, I go to the store and buy it. That is the only way rock n' roll is gonna survive and every rock n' roller better know that! People talk about global warming, let's talk about "rock n' roll colding!" [laughs] I don't like seeing Tower Records going out of business and Best Buy and Wal-Mart cut down their CD space. Every rocker, go out and buy the CD to show the world that we want to rock!

Read the entire interview at Live-Metal.net.
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La pochette sur son magnifique site officiel ultra-moderne top aware :D

http://www.sebastianbach.com

Et pour un aperçu de l'album : http://www.merovingianmusic.com/sebastian/ecard/
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Ma foi, il a la joie de vivre le Baz !

Thrash Hits recently conducted an interview with Sebastian Bach. A few excerpts from the chat follow.

On touring with POISON:

"I'm having the time of my life. It's 2008, I have a new CD, I'm selling out arenas and it's fun. I'm having a great time!"

"Last night we sold out an arena in Pikeville, Kentucky — 12,000 people. And I've never heard of Pikeville, Kentucky. I didn't know there was a Pikeville in Kentucky."

"It's just fucking hilarious. It's like every chick feels compelled to whip her tits out. What a great life this is. We are talking the finest women in the world. Someone actually said this to me once — POISON and SEBASTIAN BACH on the same bill? Even chicks are getting hard-ons. Wow. For the first time in history. That's a pretty cool thing."

On recording his new solo album, "Angel Down":

"The first SKID ROW album we recorded at the Playboy resort in Wisconsin. We went jet skiing by day and recorded by night, and played a hell of a lot of tennis. But for this album it was a pressurised situation, we had to get it done. There was no messing around. And it has that feel of a live band kickin' ass. Not playing tennis…"

On the rumors that he will collaborate with former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash on a new project:

"Here's the deal: I was contacted by one of the biggest musicians in rock and roll — bigger that SKID ROW, bigger that GUNS N' ROSES — some other mystery guy. He was putting together a supergroup with Slash on guitar and he wanted me to sing. It looked like it was going to happen, but it is not happening now. It may happen in the future, but it is not happening now. I want to make that clear."

Read the entire interview from http://www.thrashhits.com.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has issued the following update:

"Greetings from Nashville, Tennessee! We have been completely ensconced in the studio here for the last week, woodshedding in a big way, writing and demoing our asses off. I am happy to say that the writing team of Jeffrey Steele, Vicky McGehee, and myself, the team that brought you 'Battle With The Bottle', have been been locked in Jeffrey's studio, with our intention being to come up with a full album sometime in the near future.

"Since the ending of 'Gone Country 2', we now have between 10 and 15 songs 'under construction,' and we will not stop writing/demoing until we all feel we have a killer record. We all love the song 'Battle With The Bottle', but that is only the beginning. We are in the midst of assembling a whole new 'team' down here in Nashville that will be able to bring a song to the radio, which we did not have at the time of filming 'Gone Country 2'.

"Hey, you don't have to ask me twice to make music!

"I am so very fortunate to have met Jeffrey and Vicky, and the songs we are working on now are truly new and fresh for me as a musician. I really can't wait for all of you to hear this stuff! Here is a little taste [see video below]."

Host John Rich tapped Sebastian Bach as the winner of the second season of CMT's hit series, "Gone Country", in the September 26 season finale. Bach immediately released "Battle With The Bottle" to radio, the song he penned with Nashville songwriters Jeffrey Steele and Vicky McGehee while taping the series. The song is produced by John Rich.

Bach, who edged out tough competition from fellow "Gone Country" contestants Mikalah Gordon, Jermaine Jackson, Chris Kirkpatrick, Lorenzo Lamas and Sean Young, performed his song before a live audience at Nashville's Wildhorse Saloon in the show's finale. In the end, Rich dubbed Bach the winner because of his ability to connect to his audience and his lyrics, something that is essential in country music.

Sebastian Bach will "jam" with John Rich and Cowboy Troy on December 10 and December 11 in Las Vegas at the Hilton Theatre.

CMT recently posted a two-part interview with Sebastian Bach where he fields some of the country music fans' "craziest" questions. Watch it at the following links:

* Loaded Questions 1
* Loaded Questions 2
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Baz veut sortir 2 cds cette année si possible.

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach has issued the following update via his official newsletter, dubbed the "Daily DeBachle":

"My plan in 2009 is to release two CDs, if possible. One will be the CD I am working on with Jeffrey Steele and Vicky McGehee, the team that brought you 'Battle with the Bottle' [the song Bach sang on CMT's hit series, 'Gone Country']. The other CD will be a straight-up, hard-ass rocker, the follow-up to 'Angel Down'. I plan on writing this record with my band, Roy Z ['Angel Down' producer who has worked with JUDAS PRIEST, BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD and HELLOWEEN] hopefully, and definitely Jamey Jasta of the band HATEBREED. Jamey and I are getting together this month to record some demos. I am not going to make a HATEBREED record, I am going to work on material with Jamey that will be heavy and anthemic but still make sense next to the other CDs I have done. I am also planning on releasing a new DVD in 2009. Can't go into the details quite yet, but there will be more high-quality live DVD material coming your way this year, a la 'Roadrage'. Looks like I will be starting work on the new DVD this month.

"Don't get confused by me doing a 'country' album and a 'rock' album at the same time. I have always hated labels. What I have learned over my lifetime is, I don't make decisions for my voice, my voice makes decisions for me. I have to get out of the way of my own voice so it can be heard loud and clear. My only objective in making CDs is to make them 'good.' Hopefully these two new CDs will fall into this category!"

Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" limited-edition CD/DVD package, featuring "Roadrage", a film by Sebastian Bach, was made available in the USA as an FYE exclusive at all FYE stores nationwide and also at the FYE booth on last summer's tour with POISON. "Roadrage" features five tracks, "100% live, pro-shot" on the 2006 North American GUNS N' ROSES/SEBASTIAN BACH tour.

"Angel Down" was produced by Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD, JUDAS PRIEST), and recorded at Sound City Studios and Under City Studios in Los Angeles, California. Joining Bach in the studio were guitarists "Metal" Mike Chlasciak and Johnny Chromatic, Bobby Jarzombek on drums, and Steve DiGiorgio on bass. GUNS N' ROSES' Axl Rose makes a special guest appearance contributing vocals on three of the album's songs — "(Love is a) Bitchslap", a cover of AEROSMITH's "Back In the Saddle" and "Stuck Inside".

An e-card for "Angel Down" can be found at this location.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Premier sample du prochain Bach :

New video footage from the studio of former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach can be viewed below. Bach says, "Here it is! Your first taste of brand NEW Bach n' roll 2009 style! Served up hot and fresh, just how you like it!" He adds, "This clip is of me and Charlie Bellmore [of the Connecticut band PHANTOMS] at rehearsal yesterday [May 3] getting ready for [Bach's performance on] May 9 at Citi Field [in Flushing, New York as part of the New York Mets Autism Awareness Day]. After jamming we worked on some of the demos we have been crafting for a couple of months now. Jamey Jasta [HATEBREED] hooked me up with Charlie and I can't believe how this musical journey continues. All I have ever wanted was to make great music that I myself am proud of and love. Well, nothing has changed. If kick-ass rock is what you want, we are only too happy to deliver it to you. I have about seven or so songs on the go with Jamey Jasta, Charlie Bellmore and his brother Nick on drums. I also have one KILLER song with John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON) that fits in perfect with the other stuff. I am hoping to write more with John 5. Also, Roy Z. ('Angel Down' producer, who has also worked with JUDAS PRIEST, BRUCE DICKINSON and HELLOWEEN, among others) is on the team for the next recording, which is great news. I am blown away at how quick this record is taking shape already!! Hope you dig the new snippet of metal and see ya Saturday at Citi Field in Queens, New York!!!"

Bach'set at Citi Field will be in support of VH1 Classic Rock Autism, a campaign that is designed to help educate parents and build awareness about autism. VH1 Classic Rock Autism also helps to raise funds for a variety of autism research, advocacy and support organizations.

Bach is best known for selling 20 million albums as the former lead singer of SKID ROW. He has gone on to star on Broadway and television, including five seasons on CW's "Gilmore Girls", as well as hit shows on VH1, MTV and CMT. Bach's latest project is "Angel Down", his first solo album since 1999. The record features 14 new songs with a guest appearance by GUNS N' ROSES front man Axl Rose on three recordings, including a blistering version of AEROSMITH's "Back In The Saddle".
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sebastian Bach dévoile son nouveau line-up, sans Metal Mike ni DiGeorgio, mais avec encore Bobby Jarzombek :
Bach's current solo band includes guitarists Nick Sterling and Johnny Chromatic, drummer Bobby Jarzombek and bassist Rob DeLuca.

Commented Bach: "I can't tell ya how happy I am with my band and my new guitar player Nick Sterling! This dude is gonna blow you all away! He plays incredible and we got some new jams that will kick your ass! The whole band is rockin' and we can't wait to see you all LIVE on tour!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une interview sur tous les aspects du groupe en tournée et la vie privée de Baz :

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/04/12/ex ... -personal/
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sebastian Bach a des ennuis avec la police de Toronto :
Don Peat of the Toronto Sun reports that Toronto Police are on their way to Peterborough, Ontario, Canada to arrest former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach on a six-year-old warrant.

Const. Tony Vella said the warrant for Bach stems from a mischief under $5,000 charge.

Police did not have any other information about the charge.

Bach will likely be brought back to 51 Division Monday night and appear in a College Park courtroom on Tuesday.

Bach was busted by Peterborough Lakefield Community Police early Monday after an altercation at a downtown bar.
Répondre