Queensrÿche : Geoff Tate viré, Todd La Torre recruté

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Ça arrive!
A noter que pour l'occasion le groupe joue à nouveau ces morceaux dans leur accordage d'origine :mad:

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La désintégration continue, Queensrÿche n'ont pas pu jouer en ouverture de Scorpions ce soir car des membres du groupe n'y ont pas pris part. Tate ne précise pas pourquoi, mais on peut avoir une petite idée...
Seattle progressive rockers QUEENSRŸCHE are scheduled to perform tonight (Monday, June 11) at USANA Amphitheatre in West Valley City, Utah as the support act for SCORPIONS. According to QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate, "some of the members" of the band could not make tonight's show "for personal reasons." He adds, "Although I would have really loved for all of us to play together, it wasn't possible for them. I couldn't miss playing for one of the best rock audiences in the world and opening for one of my all-time favorite bands for anything. Thanks to my fans, and the SCORPIONS or your continued support and I plan to rock Salt Lake City today at the show."
Pendant ce temps, du côté de Rising West...

Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

C'est maintenant officiel, Goeff Tate a quitté Queensryche et est remplacé par La Torre.

http://www.billboard.com/news/exclusive ... 1752.story

mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

J'espère qu'il va quand même continuer avec Crimson Glory.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

c'est la fin de RISING WEST alors. :,( :,( :,(

:oops: :D
Ouhh..LEMETALcénul! a écrit :J'espère qu'il va quand même continuer avec Crimson Glory.
ça ma paraît fortement improbable. :(
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

et pourquoi pas ?
Crimson Glory n'a pas une activité tres soutenue de toutes façon.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Je ne suis pas sur à cause du côté "business" : problème de managers/avocats/contrats/maisons de disque plus que d'emploi du temps. ;)
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Je m'en veux encore plus de ne pas m'être bougé le cul pour aller les voir à Montréal en 2006 et 2009. :(
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

putain j'ai envie de voire ce new Queensryche :up: :up: :up:
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le départ de Goeff Tate a quelque chose de triste comme de réjouissant pour moi.

Triste car comment imaginer toutes les chansons cultes du groupe avec une autre voix? Il restera toujours l'image, la tête et la voix du groupe quoiqu'il arrive. Il a perdu de sa superbe ces dernières années, c'est indéniable, mais on ne le remplace pas facilement pour autant.
Et en même temps c'est réjouissant de savoir que Queensrÿche va peut-être enfin redevenir un groupe normal qui joue vraiment ce qu'il a envie de jouer, et n'est plus mené par les choix pour le moins hasardeux d'un clan familial. Vivement le prochain album, pour une fois!

Concernant Todd LaTorre, j'ai pas mal regardé et écouté ses vidéos live au sein de Rising West. Il est fort, rien à dire. Quitte à apporter un bémol, il devra quand même s’améliorer dans ses graves, moins riches que ceux de Tate au même âge (ou même maintenant), et travailler un peu plus les nuances de ces passages là. Pour toutes les parties haut perchées il est déjà au point. Faut lui laisser un peu de temps. :)

Et concernant Crimson Glory, il n'a pas l'intention de quitter le groupe :
"I am not a 'former member' of CRIMSON GLORY. Both bands are fully aware of my involvement. CRIMSON GLORY is still alive and well, and we are continuing to write material for the new record. QUEENSRŸCHE enters a new chapter; buckle up."
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

son depart de C.G serais quand même un sale coup pour le groupe .
ils serais obligés soit de re splitter soit de ré embaucher Wade Black... :hum: :euh:
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tate vient de réagir à son éviction dans une interview. Blessé et en colère, il se place en victime après que toute sa famille ait été virée du personnel du groupe, défend Queensrÿche comme étant le groupe de sa vision (et celle de DeGarmo) avec une certaine mémoire sélective, et annonce qu'un procès est en cours... ce même s'il ne compte pas monter une version concurrente du groupe.
Il n'a peut-être pas tort sur la brutalité du split, mais il me semble complètement inconscient des conséquences de ses propres décisions, ne réalisant pas (ou ne voulant pas savoir) pourquoi il a fini par s'aliéner ceux qui étaient avec lui depuis 30 ans.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... l-20120626
On whether musical differences contributed to the split:

Tate: "Well, this is kind of a weird situation. In the press release they said there were 'creative differences.' But to have creative differences, you have to have two entities or more offering up creative ideas. And that just wasn't the case. QUEENSRŸCHE has always been my idea, starting from the first record. QUEENSRŸCHE is about albums. It's about concepts and themes, and those concepts were mine. [Laughs] I started out with 'The Warning', bringing those ideas in for 'Rage For Order', 'Operation: Mindcrime' . . . all the albums. I write 81% of the music and the lyrics. Of the 144 songs that QUEENSRŸCHE has released, I've written 116 of those. I am the creative energy in the band, especially since Chris [DeGarmo] left. When he was in the band it was more of a shared thing between him and I. But once he left, the burden was on me. I don't consider it necessarily a burden. That's what I do. I'm a creative person. I write everyday and I'm constantly coming up with creative ideas. I present them to the other guys and they go, 'Yeah, sure, that sounds good to us.'"

On rumors that he overheard the other QUEENSRŸCHE members plotting to fire him before a concert in Brazil and that he then pushed guitarist Michael Wilton to the floor and pointed a knife at drummer Scott ROckenfield:

Tate: "Well, you know how the Internet goes . . . The way it went was, we had a gig in Sao Paulo, and before the show we had a meeting in the dressing room. I asked them straight up about the rumors I'd heard about them replacing me. I was definitely concerned about this. What kind of plan was that? Was it serious? What was going on? They said that they weren't planning on replacing me, but they had just fired our manager, our office assistant and one of our guitar techs, who all happened to be my family members. I asked them, 'Why is this happening?' They really couldn't give me a straight answer, or any kind of answer that made any kind of business sense. It seemed like a personal vendetta against me. Anyway, the meeting was short and we went to do the show. I'm getting ready by my station, ready to go on stage, and Scott looks at me and he smirks and says, 'We just fired your whole family, and you're next.' I just lost it. I tried to punch him. I don't think I landed a punch before somebody grabbed me and hauled me to the side. On my way, I managed to shove Wilton, and really, that was it. I cooled down and we did the show, and everything went fine. . . [There was] no knife involved. You can't really get knives into foreign countries."

On the other QUEENSRŸCHE members forming a side project called RISING WEST that was entirely devoted to playing material from the first five QUEENSRŸCHE albums:

Tate: "I looked at that forming of that band as a side project. I was surprised that all four guys went in the same direction. That didn't make such sense to me. That felt like some kind of calculated move, but I can't even speculate what they were thinking. But if they want to do a side project, I'm all about that. I've very supportive of everybody in the band doing side projects. . . [But] I would think if they were gonna do a side project, they should probably write some new songs and present them as a group, and then play some QUEENSRŸCHE songs too. If they wanna do that, that's cool. But to do only QUEENSRŸCHE material and only material that I wrote . . . I don't know. It's kind of a slap in the face. Honestly, I'm not angry over this. I'm more hurt by it all. This has been my life's work. It's been 30 years building this name and this image of the band. All the lyrics and the directions of the albums and the concepts, that is all from me. And to have them do what they're doing and kick me out — God, I didn't realize that these guys were those kind of people. It's shocking to me."

On how he was "fired" from QUEENSRŸCHE and whether the other guys have the right to carry on as QUEENSRŸCHE with another singer:

Tate: " by a legal letter from their attorney to mine. . . We're in a lawsuit right now and it's probably gonna get ugly. I filed a claim a couple of days ago. So it's all going to the legal system now to sort out who is what, and who owns what, and that stuff. . . Well, they shouldn't [book gigs under the name QUEENSRŸCHE until this is resolved]. Definitely. It's a situation where, in my opinion, they're doing everything the wrong way. If there was a dispute over who is in the band, or who owns the band name, I think that stuff should all be worked out before they try to book gigs with the name QUEENSRŸCHE. . . I'm forced to engage in a lawsuit with them now. This is not something I want to do at all. I want to make records and I want to tour and live a creative life. I don't want to be bogged down in some legal hassle. My God, but they're forcing me into it. I have no other way to go. I can't give up my life's work and walk away from it. These are my ideas, my concepts, my life, that I'm writing about. What are they gonna do — hand it to some kid to sing?"
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

j'espère que je verrais le Queensryche actuel sous ce nom là, ça le fait plus avec un backdrop officiel. Allez Geoff soit cool: laisse tomber :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tate dit que les autres membres du groupe n'étaient pas doués pour le business et ont toujours essayé de prendre de mauvaises décisions dans ce domaine. Visiblement il n'a toujours aucun recul sur les siennes.
Q: From what you knew, were there any tensions between you and the three other principal members before they tried to expel you from the group?

A: "No. Nothing. Just usual band relationships. Typical."

Q: You said that what seemed to start the whole thing was that the other three members wanted to take the band merchandising to a third party and you were against it. What was their reason for wanting to give it to a third party?

A: "I think they're not very good business people. And continuously in our career, they had tried to make bad business decisions and this is just another in a long line of ridiculous, bad business decisions that I had to put my foot down and say, 'No. This is ridiculous. Can't do this. This is going to end up costing us more. And what's smart about that?'"

Q: Can you think of a specific example of where you've seen this happen before?

A: "Yeah, I can think of many examples [but] I really don't think it's my place in this kind of setting to air that kind of stuff. There's a legal claim. You can look it up and have all the nasty details if you want to do that. It's out there. It's public realm now."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La version du guitariste Parker Lundgren, ex-gendre de Tate, qui a pris parti contre lui désormais, et qui raconte notamment en détails la baston avant le concert au brésil :
QUEENSRŸCHE members Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren announced on June 20 that they were parting ways with singer Geoff Tate and recruiting powerhouse vocalist Todd La Torre of CRIMSON GLORY as his replacement. The new QUEENSRŸCHE lineup has already performed live, having played two shows in their home city of Seattle under the name RISING WEST.

In a recent interview with RollingStone.com, Tate revealed that he filed a lawsuit against his former bandmates on June 12 in King County Superior Court in the state of Washington in order to "sort out who is what, and who owns what, and that stuff." Tate is also attempting to get a court injunction against Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfield that would prevent them from using the name QUEENSRŸCHE for their new group.

On Monday, July 9, Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfield filed a response to Tate's motion for preliminary injunction and included individual declarations from all of the defendants supporting their position that Tate's motion should be denied. As one would expect, these documents — copies of which have been obtained by BLABBERMOUTH.NET — contain startling details about the circumstances that led to the split between the singer and his one-time friends and longtime bandmates.

In his sworn declaration, Lundgren — who has been touring with QUEENSRŸCHE since 2009 and who was briefly married to Geoff Tate's stepdaughter Miranda (they have since divorced) — states, "On April 14, 2012, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, at approximately 11:00 p.m., I was chatting with Scott Rockenfield while awaiting for our show to start. Geoff Tate came up to Scott Rockenfield from the other side of the drum riser and shoved Scott Rockenfield's drumset over in Scott Rockenfield's direction. Geoff Tate then said, 'You f**king pussy' and spat at him. Our techs immediatelly ran to the drum raiser to fix the drums, drum mice and laptop that had been knocked over. Meanwhile, Geoff Tate walked over to Michael Wilton and hit him open-handed in the face, spit on him and said more obscenities. Michael Wilton tried to walk away as Geoff Tate followed him and continued to spit on him and call him names. Scott Rockenfield ran over to break them up when Geoff Tate then hit Scott Rockenfield twice in the head. Security ran in to separate Geoff Tate from the rest of the band. Geoff Tate walked by Eddie Jackson and said to him, 'You're next.' Orlando Scott 'Fozzy' O'Hare, our tour manager, was able to calm Geoff Tate down enough for us to play the show. We were advised to stay in one place during the show and to avoid going near Geoff Tate. We were also advised to not go near the edge of the stage for fear that Geoff Tate would push someone off stage. During the rest of the show, Geoff Tate repeatedly spit on Michael Wilton, Scott Rockenfield, and Eddie Jackson and continued to call them names. After the show, we were told to head straight to the hotel.

"After we got to the hotel, our tech, Anthony Bender, and I headed out to a bar for drinks, and we were later accompanied by Geoff Tate and Kelly Gray. During a conversation between Geoff Tate and I at the bar, Geoff Tate said, 'I wish that I would have hit Michael harder,' and 'I wish I could get my hands on Scott because I would kill him.'

"It is very apparent that Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton and Eddie Jackson's musical direction in QUEENSRŸCHE has stayed true throughout their 31 years of being a band. Their musical contributions, both in writing and playing live, best resembles the music that they have come to be known for. They listen to what their fans want and continue to be the driving force behind the band.

"While Geoff Tate is the primary lyricist in the band, he has never written the music for a song in QUEENSRŸCHE. All of the music has been written by Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Chris DeGarmo, and recently some outside writers that Geoff Tate worked with.

"It is evident that Geoff Tate's musical tastes have changed over the years which is understandable. He has even stated in recent interviews that he doesn't like metal.

"QUEENSRŸCHE is a brand and fans expect the brand QUEENSRŸCHE, which is a metal band, to maintain their sound, style, and trademark characteristics. Much of the music that Geoff Tate chose to write lyrics to on 'Dedicated To Chaos' sounds like music from his solo project album. There is nothing wrong with the musical direction that Geoff Tate has shifted towards except that it does not fit with QUEENSRŸCHE. It belongs in a different project such as the Geoff Tate solo project.

"Aside from Geoff Tate's recent assault in Brazil, he has also made threats to the band at the M3 and Rocklahoma festivals that if anyone in the band comes near him, he is going to hit them. He has also tarnished the band's name by telling the audience that they sucked during the Rocklahoma festival which was streamed live on television.

"When Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson and I performed QUEENSRŸCHE material with Todd La Torre, it was the most positive and enthusiastic response that I have seen in my entire run with the band, both from the crowd and amidst the band. We played the older, heavier material that the fans always ask for and that we are never able to play. The shows sold out both nights and the merchandise sold out immediately. We had nothing but positive reviews and the fans loved it. We had fans fly to Seattle for the shows from all around the world, some even as far as Japan. What was even more uplifting than the crowd's reaction was the band's reaction. I have never seen bigger smiles on the guys' faces while we played the shows. The positivity continued long after the shows as we started hanging out, going to dinners, going to shows, and most importantly writing music together as a band, which I never experienced while Geoff Tate was in the band. Everyone, including the new singer Todd La Torre, is on the same page. We want to play the same kind of music, and stay true to the QUEENSRŸCHE legacy."
rolfthetroll
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par rolfthetroll »

Queens rÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿche , ton univers impitoyaaaaaaable, ta ta tada ...
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

je ne sais pas comment ils ont fait pour donner des concerts dans ces conditions. :euh:
Perso, je lui aurai démonté la tête et je n'aurai pas joué! :non:
PE
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par PE »

Si tu lis les autres déclarations, notamment celle, fleuve, de Michael Wilton, les problèmes avec Tate ont commencé au moment de "Promised Land". Les choses ont escaladé jusqu'à ces concerts, notamment au Brésil, et si tu lis ce qu'ils disent, ils ont bien fait de ne pas répondre aux attaques, et de faire les concerts. D'une part, pour ne pas perdre d'argent sur les concerts signés, d'autre part dans la perspective de virer Tate, et l'action en justice de ce dernier, ça n'en donnera que plus de poids aux 3 autres. Tate réclame le nom Queensryche, mais il ne l'obtiendra pas. Les autres détiennent 75% des parts du groupe, et, comme ils l'expliquent, les statuts de la société Queensryche stipulent qu'il faut 75% des actionnaires d'accord pour virer un membre. Ce qu'il restera à déterminer, par la justice certainement puisque Tate n'acceptera pas de propositions des autres, c'est la manière dont ils rachèteront les parts de Tate qui reste actionnaire pour l'instant tant que les histoires financières ne sont pas réglées.
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

c'est vrai qu'il y a de l'action dans QUEENSRYCHE. :mad:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les communiqués de Scott Rockenfiled, Michael Wilton, et Eddie Jackson sont très instructifs en effet, extrêmement longs et détaillés sur la descente aux enfers du groupe entamée 1995 et accélérée depuis 2005. Ça fait très très mal pour Geoff Tate, certains épisodes sont violents!
Je ne les recopie pas ici, c'est beaucoup trop long.
On en retient que le business du groupe s'est considérablement dégradé à chaque nouvel album, que les désaccords ont été monnaie courante depuis 15 ans, que les menaces physiques de Tate se sont accentuées, et qu'il y a surtout d'énormes embrouilles de pognon entre Tate et le reste du groupe. Tate qui serait devenu de plus en plus égoïste et tyrannique au fil des années, le point de rupture étant le contrat d'adaptation de Operation Mindcrime en film début 2012, duquel Tate a tenu à l'écart tous les autres membres du groupe pour se garder tout l'argent! Ce n'est qu'un exemple parmi tant d'autres dans les histoires racontées dans les liens ci-dessous. Ironiquement dans beaucoup de choses ils reprennent des critiques venant de l'extérieur du groupe depuis fort longtemps...

Scott Rockenfield :

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=176573

Michael Wilton :

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=176587

Eddie Jackson :

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=176619

Et pour terminer, Geoff Tate qui crache sur Rockenfield pendant leur désormais fameux concert à Sao Paulo, ça se passe à 3'58" et d'après ce dernier ça a duré tout le concert...

PE
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par PE »

Précisions juste que ce ne sont pas des communiqués, mais des déclarations pour la justice, en vue de l'audience concernant le recours déposé par Geoff Tate.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

A priori le groupe va pouvoir garder son nom, mais c'est sans doute pas terminé :
QUEENSRŸCHE defeated a motion for a preliminary injunction on July 13th that would have kept it from touring and operating under the band name, AGPS Management senior manager Glen Parrish exclusively tells Billboard. The act is defending a complaint filed by former singer, GEOFF TATE, in a Washington state court over whether he should be awarded the Queensrÿche name after being expelled from the group in June.

"We are excited that the Washington courts saw what we and the fans have always known, that Queensrÿche is more than any one member," Parrish said in a statement. "We are sorry we had to go to court to show this, but we are determined to bring back the quality product Queensrÿche was known for. We can't wait to unveil to the fans what [the band creates] next musically."
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Everflow a écrit :
Et pour terminer, Geoff Tate qui crache sur Rockenfield pendant leur désormais fameux concert à Sao Paulo, ça se passe à 3'58" et d'après ce dernier ça a duré tout le concert...

Ah bin bravo, c'est vraiment très classe. Et une belle pièce à charge dans le dossier des Wilton/Rockenfield/Jackson/Lundgren

Quelle déception de voir un tel comportement de la part d'un artiste que j'ai autant vénéré...

Feraient mieux d'arrêter les frais de suite et trouver un accord en coulisses histoire d'arrêter de salir leurs réputations, le nom du groupe, et la suite de leurs carrières.

MAis quand même malgré tout ça, ça me fait toujours aussi drôle d'imaginer la suite de Queesrÿche sans Geoff Tate, nonoobstant les qualités et la passion évidentes de LaTorre.
Cacolac, pour la soif et pour le plaisir.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dans tout ça on apprend maintenant que Michael Wilton et Scott Rockenfield n'ont tout simplement pas joué sur l'album Operation Mindcrime II (2006), remplacés par des musiciens de session... Cela donne une idée de la fracture entre Tate et les autres depuis quelques années.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... adlines%29
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La bataille continue, un procès pourrait avoir lieu pour trancher, mais pas avant novembre 2013.
D'ici là on risque de voir 2 versions du groupe avec le même nom.

En attendant voici le nouveau site "officiel" : www.QueensrycheOfficial.com
Geoff Tate refuse de rendre l'ancien site officiel et leurs autres comptes (Facebook, etc.), il compte par ailleurs sortir un album sous le nom de "Voice of QUEENSRŸCHE"...
The legal wrangling between QUEENSRŸCHE members Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson and Scott Rockenfield and their former frontman Geoff Tate is continuing to play out in King County Superior Court in the state of Washington, with the musicians accusing the singer of refusing to relinquish control of their web site and other Internet and social media accounts.

Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfield defeated Tate's motion for a preliminary injunction on July 13 that would have kept them from touring and operating under the band name,

Tate and his wife, Susan, QUEENSRŸCHE's former manager, filed a lawsuit against Geoff's ex-bandmates on June 22 in King County Superior Court over whether he should be awarded the QUEENSRŸCHE name after being dismissed from the group in June. Their complaint states Rockenfield, Wilton and Jackson wrongfully fired the singer and are tarnishing the group's brand by attempting to move forward without him.

In a July 25 filing in response to Tate's motion to disqualify his ex-bandmates' attorney from representing them due to a conflict of interest in violation of Washington's Rules of Professional Conduct (RPCs), Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfield wrote, "Since the defeat of the preliminary injunction, Plaintiff Geoff Tate has continued to interfere with Defendants' forward progress to tour under the QUEENSRŸCHE name. This includes refusal to relinquish control of Queensryche.com and other Internet and social media accounts, challenging the Defendants from taking control from the registering entity of Queensryche.com, and announcing to the national press through a surrogate of Mr. Tate's 'encouragement by the judge' to tour as his own QUEENSRŸCHE. Mr. Tate has also announced on his website his apparent intention to release an album this fall under the moniker 'Voice of QUEENSRŸCHE' and utilizing a stylized version of the QUEENSRŸCHE entity-owned Tri-Ryche symbol. There is no authority in the articles or bylaws of Tri-Ryche Corporation [which controls all QUEENSRŸCHE name and trademark rights] allowing a minority shareholder to use these corporate assets without authorization from the directors. All parties expressly agree as stated in prior pleadings and submissions that the name QUEENSRŸCHE and associated marks belong to the Tri-Ryche Corporation."

Paul Gargano, A&R/product manager for InsideOut Music, which recently signed a deal with Tate to release the singer's upcoming solo album, wrote in an email to Billboard.com, "I would like to clarify something extremely important that is being overlooked by everyone, including Billboard: The injunction [would] not [have] just prevent the three defendants from touring as QUEENSRŸCHE until the claim is settled — it [would have] prevented both parties from touring as QUEENSRŸCHE until the claim is settled. This is critical, because the intention of the injunction was not to prevent Scott, Michael and Eddie from making a living. The intention of both was to protect the future value of the QUEENSRŸCHE brand by eliminating the possibility of there being multiple versions of QUEENSRŸCHE. Not only did the judge deny the injunction on [July 13], she also urged and encouraged that there should be two QUEENSRŸCHE bands moving forward — which is precisely what the injunction was intended to avoid."

Asked if he had any comment about the nature of Tate's claim, or the nature of the defendants' response to it, Gargano wrote to Billboard.com, "Bands of QUEENSRŸCHE's stature are businesses, not weekend hobbies. What is overlooked in the emotion surrounding this case is that the lawsuit has been filed because of a dispute over the band's bylaws. The case will ultimately be decided by a judge, based on nothing more than how the law and legal precedent can be applied to the band's corporate structure. Sadly, no matter the outcome, the only real winners are going to be the lawyers that get to charge by the hour."

If the case goes to trial, the date is set for November 18, 2013.

In the meantime, Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfield, along with QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist Parker Lundgren and new lead singer Todd La Torre (also of CRIMSON GLORY) have launched a new web site at QueensrycheOfficial.com.
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

1er concert du nouveau QUEENSRYCHE, avec une set list fabuleuse. :)

The new QUEENSRŸCHE made its official live debut as the headliner of the last day of this year's Halfway Jam, which took place July 26-28 in Royalton, Minnesota.

QUEENSRŸCHE's setlist was as follows:

01. Queen Of The Reich
02. Speak
03. Neue Regel
04. Walk In The Shadows
05. En Force
06. I Don't Believe In Love
07. Child Of Fire
08. The Whisper
09. Warning
10. Spreading The Disease
11. The Needle Lies