Whitesnake - Good to be Bad

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

gegers
Rainbow Demon
Rainbow Demon

Message par gegers »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

V'la la pochette, très moche.

Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

ah oui ! quand même ! c'est effectivement tres moche !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ouais, ça manque de chemises ouvertes. :D
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Metal B
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Metal B »

J'ai vraiment hâte de revoir Whitesnake sur scène!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une interview assez exhaustive de Coverdale sur le nouvel album :
Q: Ten years between "Restless Heart" and "Good To Be Bad": What has changed in WHITESNAKE and what is still the same?

Coverdale: I feel "Restless Heart" was more like a Coverdale solo album, which is how it started, 'til EMI told me they wanted it to be a WHITESNAKE record... so, we had to juggle it around to try and 'SNAKE it up... whereas "Good To Be Bad" is most definately a WHITESNAKE record from beginning to end. For me, the heart and soul of WHITESNAKE remains the same. How could it not? It is, and has always been, very precious to me. It helps provide my family and I with an incredibly good life... I respect and treasure it, and I will protect it as much as I can from harm. I embrace and relish the rewards it brings. As a musical vehicle it helps me express myself, and hopefully, it's the same for the musicians who work under its creative umbrella. It's also an anti-aging youth serum for me!

Q: How important were the incredibly successful tours during the last three years for your motivation to write a new album?

Coverdale: Very, very important... The musicians I'm working with and the positive response from the people who come to see us and support us, has inspired and motivated me to get back in the saddle and to write and record new songs for the first time in many years. I've also found a new, inspiring writing partner in Mr. Aldrich. I'd allowed myself to be brought down, but, fortunately only for a short time, by the negative climate in the music business, but now I feel it's more the major record companies' energy, rather than the music business, that is creating a great deal of the damage. Their reluctance to move forward and embrace new approaches to business is definately creating a lot of their own problems. They just seem unable to see it. I thought, perhaps, all the magic had gone, but, I was wrong, and I'm very happy to discover live music is still very much supported by the hardcore fans... and yes... people are still buying records. Perhaps not in the millions that we became familiar with... but, nevertheless, the hardcore rock fan still wants to hold the substance of an album in his, or her hands, as opposed to simply downloading it. You have to rethink how you structure your career today and not take things for granted. You have to roll with the punches and keep an eye on everything. Not over-indulge... It is not how it used to be. But, still...it's amazing, when I think about it. WHITESNAKE celebrates its 30th anniversary this year and is still going strong. It still has juice. I am so grateful that I can still actively work as a musician, create new music and then go on tour with a great band and play to appreciative crowds. As long as people accept that we don't look the same as we did 20 years ago... but, we can still play our music with fire and passion, then I think we can stick around for another few years! I'm also very grateful to be involved with the record company, SPV. I work with a great, positive, supportive team there... Good, solid people.

Q: How did you write the material? How important was Doug Aldrich for you as a songwriter, musician and friend?

Coverdale: Personally, I'm always writing bits and pieces here and there, for future reference... making cassettes of ideas. It's very natural for me to compose... I meditate before I start working and I find that helps me immensely. It helps bring out the creative spirit, I think... It helps me focus. Doug and I found it very natural to write together from the beginning. Relatively effortless and fun... It's a 50/50 collaboration. He is a very gifted individual and very enthusiastic... he also helped engineer and mix the record, so he was involved from the very beginning of the project to the end. That is something that has never happened before. Doug's a welcome breath of fresh air for me. He doesn't bring any excess baggage... No questionable agenda and no unnecessary ego to stroke... he just gets on with it. He's very caring and passionate about what he does, and thank goodness, the passion includes WHITESNAKE. He was exposed to WHITESNAKE before we met, or worked together, so, he was familiar with the approach and the creative identities I'd established, but, he brings such an incredible energy and urgency to WHITESNAKE that it helps stretch the boundaries much further, without compromising the original attitude. He's an electrifying guitarist, as anyone who has seen him can testify... Very inspiring to me. The other bonus, of course, is that we've developed a strong, supportive personal friendship.

Q: Would you say that "Good To Be Bad" is a mixture between your blues roots and a modern attitude? Any other influences?

Coverdale: For me it has all the elements, all the ingredients that I enjoy about WHITESNAKE. It's a very solid, muscular, melodic rock record with a couple of fine ballads, so, there's a little tenderness when the moment calls for it... and of course the ballads help balance out the chest beaters! I find it a very complete piece of work, actually. It covers a lot of musical ground... A positive chapter in the Book Of WHITESNAKE. I'm able to sing from a whisper to a scream, with all points in between, very comfortably with the new material. We also tried some new musical keys for me to sing in... which made it very fresh, interesting and fun. When Doug and I sat down to jam on each other's song ideas the structure of the album was evident pretty much immediately... it came together very naturally. There was never a danger of compromising the acknowledged identity of WHITESNAKE for the sake of trying to be modern... or fashionable. I'd say if there was any influence it would be all the previous elements that have come together to make what is WHITESNAKE, coupled with the very welcome fresh injection from Doug, Chris, Timothy, Uriah and Reb. Chris Frazier has brought a very Paicey feel back to the band. He swings, grooves, rocks and rolls... A very pleasing foundation to build from. WHITESNAKE's got it's groove back! As a band, these guys know how to tell the WHITESNAKE story very well indeed.

Q: Please comment on producer Michael McIntyre. What was his rôle, and in which way did he help the album?

Coverdale: Michael has been with me since 1987. He was originally a member of the WHITESNAKE crew. Then when I moved to Lake Tahoe, I found out he lived close by in Reno, so, I asked him to come and work with me as a personal assistant. He has proved so indescribably valuable to me that he has been actively involved in WHITESNAKE's management for many years. He oversees all aspects of my personal and business life. Not only that, but, he's a fantastic recording engineer and has been involved in the recording of all of my albums since "Slip Of The Tongue". We are great friends... More like brothers. I trust him with my life, so, when he's recording my voice I have total confidence in his judgement.

Q: The album was originally announced for autumn 2007. Any reasons for the delay?

Coverdale: The recording of this album was constantly compromised by interruptions. However, it's a testament to Doug, Mikey and I, also known as The Brutal Brothers, that we kept moving forward... "Onwards and forwards" was the motto for this project. Also, to be honest, there was no real rush for us to finish the project quickly. I'd planned to take the year off from touring to avoid too much pressure in making the record, so, whenever there were problems, we'd take a break... a little breathing space. It works wonders for fresh perspective. Also, for me, personally, it is most important I balance my working time with my family time. It isn't always easy... even when you're recording at home! The most important thing is... was it all worth it? And I can sincerely answer, yes! It most certainly was worth all the trials and tribulations to get to this place and simply enjoy the fruits of our labours. It's a fun album... Great to drive to!

Q: What kind of audience do you expect for "Good To Be Bad"? Metal kids? Rock fans? Blues maniacs? Or perhaps younger people?

Coverdale: Everybody's welcome to try a bite of this pie. There's something here for everyone...

Q: Please comment on the tour with DEF LEPPARD. The perfect choice for a co-headlining tour...

Coverdale: Three hours of good, strong, melodic songs! What more could you want? Joe Elliott, the Lepps and I have been friends and supporters for many years. It was only logical we'd end up touring together someday. I'd like to be in the audience for the shows we're doing together. I feel it will definitely be an event to experience... Let's Get Rocked In The Still Of The Night... yeah baby!

Q: What can we expect of WHITESNAKE live in 2008?

Coverdale: We will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of Whitesnake with kick arse live shows... a new show, featuring songs from a new studio album. By the way, this is the 10th studio album from WHITESNAKE. There will be much fun to be had by all. Don't miss out on the party!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Whitesnake - Good to be Bad

Message par Everflow »

Repoussé au 21 avril :

http://www.spv.de/whitesnake/widget/

Un album studio ! Enfin ! Les fans de Whitesnake attendaient cela depuis 1997 date de la sortie d’un « Restless Heart » mi-figue mi-raisin qui ne les avait pas complètement rassasiés. Depuis il est clair que les tournées incessantes effectuées aux quatre coins de la planète ont redonné un coup de fouet au groupe de David Coverdale ! Comme en témoigne le fulgurant double CD « Live...In The Shadow Of The Blues », ainsi que le DVD « Live... in the still of the night », parus en 2006, l’ex-chanteur de Deep Purple a su réunir autour de lui une impressionnante armada de musiciens. Parmi eux un certain Doug Aldrich, connu pour avoir joué dans des groupes tels que Lion, Hurricane, Bad Moon Rising ou encore Dio. C’est avec lui que Coverdale a composé l’intégralité des titres qui figurent sur ce revigorant « Good To Be Bad », un disque studio qui confirme toutes les merveilleuses choses que cette nouvelle mouture de Whitesnake avait pu nous offrir sur scène. Mieux encore, il semble même que David Coverdale ait décidé de renouer avec ce hard rock teinté de blues et de soul qui avait fait la gloire du combo au début des années 80. C’est donc avec bonheur que l’on retrouve sur certains titres ce grain de voix unique. Evidemment l’ombre des riffs de l’album « 1987 » (qui s’était vendu à plus de 11 millions d’exemplaires à travers le monde) plane ça et là, mais ce cru 2008 n’est heureusement pas trop « américanisé ». Whitesnake a retrouvé une âme, ses ballades sont à nouveau poignantes et ses mélodies sont souvent chaudes comme la braise. Le son vintage, mais puissant, met en relief chacune des compositions. Sur la route depuis 1978, le Serpent Blanc possède maintenant une expérience garante d’une qualité irréprochable. La force tranquille en quelque sorte…

Formats :
CD boîtier cristal
Edition limitée : CD + Bonus CD (coffret avec poster, photos et autocollant)
Double LP vinyle avec un titre bonus (Take Me with You / live version)

Musiciens :

David Coverdale: chant (ex-Deep Purple)
Doug Aldrich: guitares (ex-Dio, ex-Lion, ex-Hurricane)
Reb Beach: guitares (Winger, ex-Dokken, ex-Night Ranger)
Uriah Duffy: basse (ex-Christina Aguilera, ex-Travers/Appice)
Timothy Drury : claviers (ex-Don Henley, ex-Stevie Nicks, ex-Eagles)
Chris Frazier : batterie (ex-Steve Vai, ex-Edgar Winter, ex-Tribe After Tribe)

http://www.whitesnake.com
Fonz
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Fonz »

gegers a écrit :V'la la pochette, très moche.

Elle tue cette pochette !!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :bang:
Pas besoin de dessin à la con d'heroic fantasy avec des sigles à la noix illisibles... cette pochette c'est de la bombe !!! :rock: :bang: :horns:
NASHVILLE PUSSY, Jack Daniels and Gibson !
[color=red]Chacal[/color] a écrit :Putain que j'aimerais être un trve comme toi Fonz :,(
Fonz
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Fonz »

Metal B a écrit :J'ai vraiment hâte de revoir Whitesnake sur scène!
Au GRASPOP fils ! tu verras ca tue tout !!! fait chier que Tommy ALDRIDGE ne soit plus de la partie... :grr:
[color=red]Chacal[/color] a écrit :Putain que j'aimerais être un trve comme toi Fonz :,(
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Re: Re:

Message par Talasquin »

Fonz a écrit : Pas besoin de dessin à la con d'heroic fantasy avec des sigles à la noix illisibles... cette pochette c'est de la bombe !!! :rock: :bang: :horns:
T'es sérieux là, Fonz ?? :help:
Cacolac, pour la soif et pour le plaisir.
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Re: Whitesnake - Good to be Bad

Message par Bib »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Je pense pas quand même !! :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

de toute maniere la pochette de 1987 ou celle de slip of the tongue n'était pas non plus de chefs d'oeuvre.
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Metal B
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Metal B »

Fonz a écrit :
Metal B a écrit :J'ai vraiment hâte de revoir Whitesnake sur scène!
Au GRASPOP fils ! tu verras ca tue tout !!! fait chier que Tommy ALDRIDGE ne soit plus de la partie... :grr:
T'inquiètes, je connais!
C'est d'ailleurs suite à la prestation du groupe à ce même festival en 2006 que je suis devenu fan!

Mais comment ai-je pu dénigrer Whitesnake auparavant?
Fonz
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Fonz »

Talasquin a écrit :
Fonz a écrit : Pas besoin de dessin à la con d'heroic fantasy avec des sigles à la noix illisibles... cette pochette c'est de la bombe !!! :rock: :bang: :horns:
T'es sérieux là, Fonz ?? :help:
Bien sur... clair, nette et efficace... WHITESNAKE et pis c'est tout !!! la classe ! :yeah:
eklipse
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par eklipse »

Pour ceux qui sont dans le coin de Dijon, on organise une soirée Préécoute de l'album le Jeudi 17 Avril.

Tavernière du Chaos, présidente, et professionnelle du sexe
hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par hallowedhail »

Yeah j'en serais! :rock: :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La tournée approche alors voici une petite interview de Coverdale :

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/1.6620300
NRK.no recently conducted an interview with rock legend, WHITESNAKE frontman DAVID COVERDALE.

The following is an excerpt from the interview:

Q: What’s the biggest challenge for you in rock & roll today? You’ve pretty much done it all, you’ve been all over the world and you’ve been having great success.

A: "Well, I don’t look upon it as challenges, I look at things as opportunities. For instance, the opportunity to make a new record so many years later, when I never really planned on that, and then to see the album do so very well - and continue to do well... That was a great opportunity for me.

Many years ago, I would only tour every three years, so all the songs stayed fresh. Where as now, we pretty much tour every year. So some of the songs get a bit old, you know, to perform. So to have new songs, to inject fresh energy, has been a fantastic opportunity. If I ever use the expression "challenge", it will be to maintain a level of performance, be able to sing and perform up to people’s expectations."

Q: Did it surprise you that this new album was such a success?

A: "Yeah. It was a very welcome surprise. All you can do in anything, is do your very best at any given time or situation you’re in, which has always been my life’s philosophy. And it just worked. My partner Doug Aldrich and I, I feel wrote songs that were a great mix of the character and identity of Whitesnake – without trying to. It was the way it developed. I think God and the angels were very helpful to us. And the viking spirit!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Whitesnake sort son pinard. :D

WHITESNAKE and Dennis de la Montanya are proud to present the Whitesnake Zinfandel 2010.

Commented WHITESNAKE frontman David Coverdale: "It's a bodacious, cheeky little wine, filled to the brim with the spicy essence of sexy, slippery snakeyness... I recommend it to complement any and all grown-up friskiness and hot-tub jollies...

"Is this love?... I believe it is...
"

The Whitesnake Zinfandel 2010 wine will be available in most U.S. states after July 1 and internationally shortly thereafter.
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Collector cette bouteille :bave:
Sinon l'album je le trouve toujours aussi bon, il tourne regulierement :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une biographie de 240 pages va voir le jour :
According to Darker Than Blue, "Whitesnake: The Definitive Biography", a lavish book which covers the history of WHITESNAKE, will be released in the spring of 2011. This 240-plus-page biography traces singer David Coverdale's early career in the U.K. clubs around Redcar and Newcastle, and his fairy-tale promotion to the ranks of DEEP PURPLE in late 1973. The formation of WHITESNAKE is explored, and the subsequent rise of the group in Europe and Japan. It is accompanied by a collection of rare and previously unseen photographs, loads of rare memorabilia, a discography and concert list.

The original biography by Simon Robinson (which is the only detailed book on the band ever written, and is long out of print) has been totally updated and expanded by writer John Tucker, with a concert list by Nigel Young and new interviews.

The book is available in a couple of editions. The "standard edition" is £175 (approximately $272) plus shipping. A more expensive edition in its own flight case is also planned.
Répondre