MEGADETH-United Abominations

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

When Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine named his band's 2004 album The System Has Failed, he seemed to be commenting on the state of U.S. politics. But in retrospect, the title was dead-on for an entirely different reason: Mustaine depended on for his livelihood was falling apart.

There were problems with the band's lineup, an ugly lawsuit had developed with ex-bassist David Ellefson, and the label that released the album suffered a staff shakeup that resulted in what Mustaine called "a complete lack of support for the project." In February 2005, Mustaine announced plans to disband Megadeth and go solo. As the year progressed, however, he re-evaluated his decision, and on October 9 at a concert in Buenos Aires, Argentina, he declared that Megadeth would continue.

"My decision was a combination of a few things," Mustaine said as he prepared to enter the studio to record vocals for the band's upcoming album, United Abominations, which is scheduled for a Halloween release. "I was finally associating with guys that really love to play — [ex-Eidolon guitarist Glen Drover and drummer Shawn Drover] — and that make me feel really good to play. They respect me and are fans of the music that we play and of the music in our genre. Also, ticket sales were up and record sales were up — it was happening again."

Inspired by his decision, Mustaine wrote a batch of new songs, signed a new deal with Roadrunner Records and hired bassist James LoMenzo (ex-Black Label Society and, um, White Lion) to replace James Macdonough. Then the band flew to England to record drums for the album.

"We rented [Led Zeppelin drummer] John Bonham's drum kit and recorded at a studio in [Pink Floyd guitarist] David Gilmour's house, which was great." Mustaine said.

"The kit is the only one that's available in the world to rent," Drover added. "Dave surprised me with that, which was pretty incredible because I didn't even know it was possible to get Bonham's kit to rent for anybody. So I incorporated the bass drum and his floor tom and a snare on the kit that I use in the studio, and that was really inspiring. We played in the middle of nowhere and it was just a really cool vibe."

After the drums were finished, Megadeth returned to California to record the guitars and bass. Even before the vocals were added, it was clear that United Abominations was going to please fans of Megadeth's vintage material. "If I was to say what time this record would have came out, I would have said some time before [1990's] Rust in Peace or sometime after [1992's] Countdown to Extinction, Mustaine said. "The critics called The System a return to form (see "Dave Mustaine, Megadeth Return To Life With New System"), but this is even more so. The record company that I'm with now gets it and I'm with management who gets it. So I don't have to write songs because the wives of certain bandmembers are griping or their mortgage is not getting paid or management is telling me that I've got to get a record done to do the tour and I've got to do the tour because if not, I'm not going to be able to pay my bills."

Such skewed reasoning, insisted Mustaine, was largely responsible for Megadeth's transformation from a stellar thrash outfit to a more commercial entity. It all started after the landmark album Rust in Peace, when Megadeth recorded the slightly more commercial Countdown to Extinction, which reached #2 on the Billboard albums chart.

"After that, the pressure came from all sorts of different angles and I was learning as I was going along," Mustaine said. "Also, we had pretty much a revolving lineup within the band and with representation from management and with numerous administrations at the record companies. While we were signed to Capitol, there were six different presidents there. So, we've never really had any long-term equilibrium."

United Abominations will mark the 'Deth recording debut of the Drover brothers. The album will contain 11 songs, including the title track, "Washington's Next" and "Gears of War"; an additional track will be included with the Japanese release. "It's a really diverse record," Shawn said. "There's some faster stuff that should appeal to the band's thrash fans and it's got a little more mainstream stuff as well. It's definitely not one-dimensional."

The record is being co-produced by Mustaine and Jeff Balding, who has worked on three other Megadeth discs. But while Balding has an arsenal of contemporary gizmos at his disposal, the album is being created with the kinds of equipment and techniques the band used in the late '80s — before the advent of ProTools and digital editing.

"I wanted to go back to the way the stuff was done in the beginning," said Mustaine. "I think Megadeth boils down to its bare minimum. When you break it down, Megadeth is guitar, bass, drums and guitar solos. And when it starts going in directions where there's a little bit too much stuff going on that can't be done onstage, it loses heaviness because that stuff probably shouldn't be there anyway."

As he heads into the final weeks of production, Mustaine is happy with his new songs, ecstatic about his current bandmates and looking forward to announcing the lineup for the second Gigantour, the technical-metal festival he launched and headlined last year. Once again, the system is fully operational.
du foin pour nos vaches, les Landes indépendante !!!!
OMNIO a écrit :
30 août 2019, 15:12
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

S'il est aussi bon que the system has failed, je suis content! :bang: (comme quoi j'en demande pas beaucoup quand même)
Hrod
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Hrod »

Album enregistré avec le type de matos et de technique des années 80, kit de batterie de John Bonham, retour annoncé du Megadeth d'antan, résumé à son strict minimum à savoir guitare, basse, batterie, soli (et d'ailleurs où est donc la voix dans tout ça ?)...

Mouais, ça semble plutôt sympa vu sous cet angle, mais on sait plus trop à quoi s'attendre avec Megadeth...
D'ailleurs le mystère reste entier, puisque l'album semble se situer soit avant Rust in Peace soit peu après Countdown...

A suivre... :croise:
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Prometheus a écrit :(et d'ailleurs où est donc la voix dans tout ça ?)...
DTC :diable:
Madnad
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Madnad »

Si un pro du speak english voulait bien me traduire???

Non, mais parce que , vous parlez tous anglais couramment, ici?? :o
Everflow a écrit :Sinon on peut faire un forum "les anecdotes de Madnad des 80's" je crois :D
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

En gros, ils ont loué le kit de batterie de Jean Bonhomme, et faire un album comme à l'ancienne.
Quelque chose qui aurait pu sortir avant Rouille en Paix et Compte à rebours vers l'Extinction.
Ca ira? :D
OMNIO a écrit :
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
Madnad
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Madnad »

pâle type!
Everflow a écrit :Sinon on peut faire un forum "les anecdotes de Madnad des 80's" je crois :D
schubi
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par schubi »

Bebert a écrit :En gros, ils ont loué le kit de batterie de Jean Bonhomme, et faire un album comme à l'ancienne.
Quelque chose qui aurait pu sortir avant Rouille en Paix et Compte à rebours vers l'Extinction.
Ca ira? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :D
Talasquin: "Je revendique le droit de bander dans le vide."
Bib: "Quand j'me suis réveillé, y'avait un calamar sur l'oreiller. J'l'ai r'gardé dans les yeux et j'lui ai dit : toi, j't'ai bouffé hier soir !"
Tof: "A la gratte, il a le feeling d'un gant de toilette..."
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

octobre ç'est loin encore...
Dieu
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dieu »

Le kit de Bonham c'est bien beau mais s'ils reprennent le son de bonham, ça va pas du tout coller à megadeth ... par contre Dream Theater a enregistré avec un kit de bonham évidemment accordé comme portnoy le voulait ... mais ça change rien en fait, si ce n'est des plus grosses dimensions donc un gros son ... mais de nos jours, si on fait tourner le cd sur une chaîne quelconque et avec les modifications apportés lors de l'enregistrement, le kit de bonham, vous allez le chercher haha.

Sinon pour DT et portnoy sur un kit bonhamesque.

Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

A match made in Hell? Microsoft will be heavily pimping Gears of War during the upcoming Megadeth GIGANTOUR:
Look for the tour--the brainchild of MEGADETH frontman DAVE MUSTAINE --to launch in the Northeast and to work its way through 25 major markets before wrapping in mid-October, with Xbox's "Gears of War" sponsoring the trek. MEGADETH will return as the festival headliner on a bill that includes fellow heavy-hitters Lamb of God, plus Opeth, Arch Enemy, Overkill, Into Eternity, Sanctity and The Smashup all confirmed for these mostly outdoor shows. Other second stage artists will be announced soon.

MUSTAINE personally hand-picks all the GIGANTOUR bands, with a sharp eye on true musicianship. He says GIGANTOUR is a great place for like-minded music fans to see a full day of music on two stages without breaking the bank, and he's glad the tour is back in '06. " This is the concert that I, as a heavy metal music fan, would want to see," says MUSTAINE. "It is going to be something to look forward to each year, to see what kind of tremendous talent we can assemble, for GIGANTOUR festivals in the years to come."

Lamb of God's Mark Morton says, "Megadeth is one of the main reasons I started playing metal guitar in the first place. To finally tour with them is really exciting and it's a great way to start off our world tour supporting Sacrament . We've been dying to get the new material up and running on the live stage. We've worked so hard on the new record--it's really a great sense of accomplishment to see the new tunes come to life in a live setting. We're really looking forward to this one." The group's Chris Adler says, "Teaming up with Megadeth on GIGANTOUR is a metal dream come true. The lineup represents some of the most proficient metal bands and players from across the world and we are looking forward to joining forces and kicking ass. We're planning on a nice long set, introducing a lot of new and very heavy material from Sacrament as well as keeping the brutal live tracks from our previous albums. We can't wait to take the stage and destroy it."
In other news, Megadeth leader Dave Mustaine posted the following message in the forum section of http://www.megadeth.com "Droogies! I am officially telling you that as of this second, I am finished with all of my parts on the new Megadeth record United Abominations."
Source : http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=21949
Prochains concerts:
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Mouahhh le jeu de mots avec "united abominations" ! Pas mal, en fait, ce jeu de mots, surtout lorsque l'on voit le Liban en ce moment (mais je m'égare me direz vous). En tout cas, vu le titre de l'album, l'esprit doit être proche de "the system has failed"...l'actualité, toujours l'actualité! :) A quand Dave au 20 heures??? :P
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Necrokerb
Shadow Thief
Shadow Thief

Message par Necrokerb »

j'espère en tous cas qu'il sera meilleur que System has failed qui était sympa sans plus ...
Ferros
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Ferros »

Ça vient du forum heavenandhell

Voici ce qui serait la pochette du prochain Megadeth prise sur

http://www.gigantour.com/ecard

Pas très très beau vu comme ça ... dire que celle The System has failed était jolie ... mais là :/
DeathRider
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par DeathRider »

C'est un des dessins du concours de relookage de Vic si je ne m'abuse!
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

en même temps sur DevianART on trouve ça :
http://news.deviantart.com/article/20481/

ya un truc que j'ai pas du suivre...
Maître-Nageur
Picard du Sud
Picard du Sud

Message par Maître-Nageur »

Assez gerbos la nouvelle pochette je trouve. :/
Et pas que je sois fan de Bush mais c'est un peu facile de jouer sur le sentiment anti-américain je trouve. :(
Enfin bon s'ils nous repondent un album au moins aussi bon que le dernier je saurai passer outre ces petits détails. :bang: :bang:
(shout) a écrit :Enfin bon dès qu'une fille est en détresse, y a toujours un "Walker - american hero" pour intervenir.
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah c'est quoi cette pochette ????????????????,
repka reviens stp !!!!!!!
Hrod
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Hrod »

Quelle horrible pochette ! :/
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mary-Noël a écrit :Assez gerbos la nouvelle pochette je trouve. :/
Et pas que je sois fan de Bush mais c'est un peu facile de jouer sur le sentiment anti-américain je trouve. :(
Enfin bon s'ils nous repondent un album au moins aussi bon que le dernier je saurai passer outre ces petits détails. :bang: :bang:
Mustaine est pro-Bush... ;)

Mais ça ne serait pas un fake par hasard? Parce que c'est vraiment très laid, ça me paraît bizarre...
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

sur le lien de Chacal, c'est pas du tout celle là !

Mais elle est carrement mieux :

"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Ferros
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Ferros »

Fangface a écrit :
Mais ça ne serait pas un fake par hasard? Parce que c'est vraiment très laid, ça me paraît bizarre...
Si c'est sur le site du Gigantour, je ne crois pas que ça peut être un fake :/

J'ai lu quelque part que cette pochette est la 11e place du lien de Chacal. C'était un concours organisé par Mustaine dans je ne me rappelle plus trop quel contexte !

Personnellement, j'aurais bien aimé celle-là :

:diable:
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Si vous voulez mon avis éclairé, (si vous le voulez pas faites CTRL ALT SUPPR 2 fois) les 3 pochettes proposées, c'est vraiment de la gigacrotte :beurk:
Cacolac, pour la soif et pour le plaisir.
Ferros
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Ferros »

Bah tiens une vue frontale de la nouvelle pochette

Ça rend vachement mieux du coup :hum:

:puke:

Oh merde mon écran est tout sale :,( :hum:
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

heureusement que l'on achète pas un album pour sa pochette.
OMNIO a écrit :
Répondre