Sam Kress (Heathen) 19xx-2006

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

:rip:

Sam Kress, the original vocalist of acclaimed San Francisco Bay Area thrashers HEATHEN and former co-editor of early '80s underground fanzine Whiplash, passed away several days ago. The cause of his death has not been released.

In a recent posting on his blog, Whiplash co-founder Brian Lew had the following to say about Sam Kress:

"Sam and I created a metal 'zine called Whiplash. Basically, Sam was more the business guy and I was more the creative guy and we worked well together... We also spent a lot of time hanging out with other metalhead friends... Listening to metal, drinking, being young and stupid. I can't even guess how many times I crashed on his couch.

"While in New York, Sam had befriended a guy starting a record label called Torrid. Long story short, Sam helped broker the release of

EXODUS' seminal debut album 'Bonded By Blood' on the Torrid / Combat Records label in 1985.

"I've always considered 'Bonded By Blood' to be THE defining album of the Bay Area old metal scene. No disrespect to METALLICA's 'Kill 'Em All', but METALLICA's songs were primarily written before the band relocated from SoCal to S.F.; EXODUS were 100% Bay Area born and bred. East Bay OG. EXODUS raged the hardest and Sam and I were right there with them.

"Sam and I are thanked side-by-side in the liner notes of several old metal albums, including METALLICA's 'Ride The Lightning' and EXODUS' 'Bonded By Blood'. We were metal bruthas and back then that meant A LOT."
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

RIP :,( :,(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
AdrieN
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par AdrieN »

RIP
il avait un sacré brin de jolie voix....
Fire, fire, FIRE, WALK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

:,( :,( :,( :,( :,(
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

R.I.P , encore un.
Dime78
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dime78 »

Rip.. set me free :,( :,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Add2 a écrit :il avait un sacré brin de jolie voix....
Si je ne me trompe pas il n'apparait sur aucune démo ou enregistrement du groupe... 'fin je n'ai jamais entendu sa voix pour ma part.

Paix à son âme quoiqu'il en soit.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

je dirai pareil que Fangface... je crois pas avoir jamais entendu sa voix sur un morceau d'Heathen, il est à l'origine de la formation du groupe avec Altus et il a du faire des démos mais pour moi le chanteur de Heathen c'est David White...
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Répondre