Joe Ptacek (Broken Hope) 1973-2010

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

:rip:

Joe Ptacek, former vocalist of the long-defunct 1990s Illinois death metal band BROKEN HOPE, died last night (Wednesday, January 20) of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. He was 37 years old.

Former BROKEN HOPE guitarist Jeremy Wagner has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding Ptacek's passing:

"It's with profound sadness and shock that my friend and former bandmate - Joe Ptacek - has died.

"Joe was my high-school friend who formed a death-metal band with me called BROKEN HOPE. We always dreamed of putting out albums and touring the world. After graduating, we achieved a lot of those dreams and released five albums, performed worldwide, appeared in countless international magazines and did a video for MTV. We were on Metal Blade Records and met all of our heroes and performed everywhere...

"Not bad for two teenagers out of Wildwood, Illinois.

"After 2000, Joe and I lost touch until just a few years ago. In recent months, we reconnected, hung out and became friends again. I just chatted with him after the New Year as he and I had found a drummer and a rehearsal spot where we were to begin working to bring back a new, resurrected form of BROKEN HOPE.

"As of late, Joe was positive, healthy and had a mature and humble attitude that made me happy to see.

"I'm thankful to have known him in my lifetime and to have traveled many a mile and share many a stage with such an original character. Moreover, I'm thankful to have hugged him and to have made him smile the last time we were together. Why he chose to take his life, I'll never even begin to fathom, but I pray he's in a better place.

"So, to all of you extreme metal heads out there, I ask you to raise a toast in memory of Joe Ptacek, the absolute, hands down MOST BRUTAL DEATH-METAL VOCALIST EVER!

"Joe, I love you and I will miss you, brother...

"Your friend (who you affectionately called, Peck): Jeremy Wagner"

Added former BROKEN HOPE bassist Shaun Glass (current guitarist in DIRGE WITHIN):

"Today the loss of my friend and former bandmate Joe Ptacek comes way too soon..

"Joe was one of the most honest and unique guys I ever had the chance to be in a band with. Joe was, to me, the epitome of a death metal singer. I always said Joe was the 'real deal.'

"So please, remember Joe on this day and know that we all lost a great guy.

"Love you, bro."

BROKEN HOPE released five albums during the 1990s - all featuring Joe Ptacek on vocals:

1991: "Swamped in Gore"
1993: "The Bowels of Repugnance"
1995: "Repulsive Conception"
1997: "Loathing"
1999: "Grotesque Blessings"

Joe Ptacek: May 1, 1972 - January 20, 2010
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

le groupe n'avait plus trop d'activités depuis 10 ans, c'est triste...
Et puis le nom du groupe était un signe en quelque sorte...
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
christine
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par christine »

Fait chier :(
Je me réécoutais Grotesque Blessings il n'y a pas longtemps et je me demandais si ils allaient refaire un album ...
R.I.P.
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Pour les intéressés, ils se sont reformés avec un nouveau chanteur et vont tourner avec Obituary.
After 12 years, a sleeping death-metal monster praised by the likes of SLIPKNOT, DEVILDRIVER, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, DYING FETUS, JOB FOR A COWBOY and more, has awoken from the bowels of Chicago. BROKEN HOPE is thrilled to announce not only their highly-anticipated comeback, but also their direct support position on the upcoming Carnival Of Death tour, brought to you by Rock The Nation and sponsored by Fender. The new tour features headliners OBITUARY, as well as additional support from DECREPIT BIRTH, JUNGLE ROT and ENCRUST. Tour dates are scheduled to be announced very soon.

In a recent statement, BROKEN HOPE guitarists Jeremy Wagner and Shaun Glass said, "For over a decade, we've listened to fans worldwide who've asked us to return. We've listened to our peers in bands who seen us at shows and said, 'When is BROKEN HOPE coming back?' Well, you have finally been heard, and frankly, we just miss it too goddamn much — the clubs, the metal, but especially you: the diehards, the most.

"We decided as a first step to return back to the place that always felt like home: the road! So we are proud to announce that this fall, BROKEN HOPE will join forces with OBITUARY and join the Carnival Of Death tour! This tour will solidify that extreme music is still alive and well, we are ready, focused, and hungry to show you what we have in stored for you all! Moreover, we cherish and promote the legacy of our fallen brother, vocalist Joe Ptacek, as we travel from show to show and honor him, he will not be forgotten. With this being said, we would like to introduce Damian Leski of GORGASM on vocal duties, who will handle the tough task for the upcoming tours. Be ready to be 'Swamped in Gore'!!!!"
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Répondre