Saturnus (doom/death mélodique, Danemark)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

4ème album pour ces danois bientôt :
Danish melodic doom metal masters SATURNUS have inked a deal with Cyclone Empire Records. The band's fourth album will be released in the spring.

Commented the group: "We are extremely happy and excited about having signed with Cyclone Empire to release our new album. Cyclone Empire were one of the interested labels from back in June who received a demo of some new songs. In time we formed relationship via our management, Lugga Music, who helped co-ordinate things until we arrived to where we are today.

"The deal is for two albums, with the first CD to be released in the spring of 2012.

"The studio has not been decided yet, but we have already contacted and lined up our longtime collaborator Flemming Rasmussen to begin recording in December.

"The album title has not been decided yet but we have 5 finished songs with the working titles 'Litany Of Rain', 'Between Worm And Woeful Star', 'A Father's Providence', 'Wind Torn' and 'Forest Of Insomnia'. These five songs and some other new tracks are currently undergoing their final touches."

SATURNUS is:

Thomas A.G. - Vocals
Henrik Glass - Drums
Mattias Svensson - Guitar
Rune Stiassny - Guitar, Keyboards
Brian Pomykala Hansen - Bass
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

deux concerts récents des danois

Julien06
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Julien06 »

découvert ce groupe il y a peu avec l'album "Veronica decides to die", j'ai adoré. Pourtant je n'ai jamais aimé le doom.
Mais cet album m'a fait changé d'envie, le coté mélodique est vraiment très bon!!

On sait si le groupe existe encore? Et si certains connaissent, d'autres albums à conseiller?
Bib a écrit :L'important, c'est que tu sois de base !!
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Ils existent toujours, ils sont actuellement en mini tournée (mais pas de date en France, il y a encore Madrid le 2 décembre )

J´aime moins l´album Saturn in Ascension qui a suivi, que je trouve trop "gai"...mais bon les goûts et les couleurs
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Julien06
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Julien06 »

c'est sûr que le veronica decides to die c'est pas des plus optimiste :lol:
j'irai écouter sur spotify leurs autres albums si ils y sont.
Bib a écrit :L'important, c'est que tu sois de base !!
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

je signale à tout hasard la réédition de Veronica Decides To Die :

"Brazilian label Cold Art Industry Records proudly presents the licensed re-issue of our album – ‘Veronika Decides to Die’. Special CD Edition in Jewel box + Slipcase + Bonus Tracks + Extras. Limited to 300 copies!
All the info is here:
www.coldartindustry.bandcamp.com
www.discogs.com/seller/Ever_cds/profile"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

:,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,(
Official Statement

It’s with a heavy heart that we have to cancel our upcoming shows. Two shows this coming weekend in Copenhagen, Istanbul next weekend, and last but not least our show at the Hunting Castle Festival in February.

In Saturnus we are not known for our fast tempo of making records. We have a very defined rôle within the band in terms of who does what. It is no secret that Rune is the man when it comes to writing the songs and making the compositions for Saturnus. But now the gap is coming to 8 years between our latest album and the upcoming album and we are still far from finishing it.
Therefore the decision has been taken, and Rune will no longer be part of Saturnus. Rune doesn’t have the time to fulfill his agreement to the band that he was original hired for back in 2008.
Furthermore Martin told us a couple of months ago that he would be leaving Saturnus at the end of the year, and this we were also prepared for.
We wish Martin all the best in the future, and we thank him for his help and his very professional attitude on and off stage.

So once again we have to find new members.

More to come ….

Saturnus – Brian, Thomas and Henrik
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Surréaliste ce communiqué, ils virent leur compositeur parce qu'il n'écrit pas assez vite de nouvelles chansons!
OK 8 ans c'est très lent, mais pendant ce temps les autres musiciens ils servent à quoi? :)
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

je me suis fait exactement les mêmes remarques en lisant le communiqué
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

il semblerait que nous n´ayons pas été les seuls à l´avoir pensé. Communiqué numéro 2:
Statement 2.0

I think Thomas, Brian and my self need to clear up matters regarding the departure of Rune.

Rune has fallen very sick in the last two weeks and when we rehearsed with him on Tuesday (29th of October) he told us that he would pull out of Saturnus since he couldn’t fulfil his obligations as composer/songwriter and take care of his family at the same time.
The day after (Wednesday) I received a text where he cancelled all upcoming shows.

This is why Saturnus had to cancel all shows.

Thomas, Brian and my self were very sad to read this since we were hoping he could do the last 3 planned shows. This was sadly not the case and for this we apologise sincerely to our fans all over the world who was looking forward to the shows.

We hope Rune will get better in the coming months.

- Thomas, Brian and Henrik
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

After years of anticipation, Danish doom legends are back: SATURNUS have released a performance video of the new track "The Calling" as the first single taken from their forthcoming album "The Storm Within", which has been slated for release on June 16, 2023.

SATURNUS drummer Henrik O. Glass comments: "Sparks of inspiration come and go, but some of them live inside and drive us forward. The past might weigh heavily on our shoulders, but it also fuels the decisions to turn our present into poetry for the brave. Hence for life and blood to combine and to bring a new horizon into view, it takes an 'inner calling'. However, this call is overshadowed by the lament reaching out from times of trouble and forgotten shores. 'The Calling' tells the story of those, who pull from doom and reach strength by turning sacrifice into pure will. The song is our new anthem, which is brought about from a great change of perspective and the need to finally move on. This is a call to act on their passion to all, who yearn for a change in their lives. All of this makes it the perfect first single to herald the new storms that we shall overcome."

"The Storm Within" track listing:

01. The Storm Within
02. Chasing Ghosts
03. The Calling
04. Even Tide
05. Closing The Circle
06. Breathe New Life
07. Truth

The crashing of the waves, the lashing of icy rain, and the relentless tearing of the winds, wedged in between the North Sea and the Baltic, the Nordic country of Denmark, home to the band SATURNUS, knows the at times even lethal force of storms only too well. Yet the harsh conditions of the external natural world can be matched and mirrored by the inner turmoil and the tempests raging in mind and soul. The title of SATURNUS's fifth album, "The Storm Within" is intentionally hinting at both, the inner and outer world. It is quite obvious that the long time it took the Danes to create this album and the personal reasons behind the hiatus very much contributed and inspired its artistic expression.

SATURNUS have outdone themselves with "The Storm Within". The musical themes of the seas, rain, and stormy waters are a subtle presence and guiding thread throughout the songs that reflect anger, loss, melancholy, and pain in equal measure. The fully matured craftsmanship on this album is sublime and extremely dynamic, ranging from moments of calm to brutal outbursts.

The Danes have reached a new level of confidence and songwriting. Anyone looking for comparisons, may try the heart-breaking power of MY DYING BRIDE, the melodic melancholy of AMORPHIS, and the essence of doom metal. But after all, SATURNUS are fully themselves, and the evolutionary lines reaching down to previous albums are all there — they are just even more excellent than before.

Working again with producer Flemming Rasmussen, the legendary Danish producer of METALLICA's classic albums, also ensured that the sound of "The Storm Within" matches its outstanding musical quality.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Je l´ai commandé. Malheureusement je n´ai pas fait assez attention et j´ai également précommandé le nouvel album de The Idiots qui nesortira qu´en août. Du coup l´entièreté de ma commande ne me sera envoyée qu´à ce moment-là. Patience...
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Album acheté sur un coup de tête et après plusieurs biéres... j'ai beaucoup aimé les mélodies.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre