220 Volt (hard rock mélodique, Suède)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce vieux groupe de hardos suédois reste actif et change de chanteur, en recrutant l'ancien de Lion's Share et Therion.
Veteran Swedish hard rockers 220 VOLT have announced the addition of singer Anders Engberg (pictured below; THERION, LION'S SHARE) to the group's ranks. The band's current line is completed by founding members Thomas Drevin and Mats Karlsson on guitar, returning drummer Peter Hermansson and Mike Krusenberg on bass.

"The time is right," says Karlsson in a statement. "2013 will be great for us, things are moving in the right direction again, forward that is. We're lettting people hear a few samples of our new demos, and we hope to be releasing new music in the next few months, but a full album will not be out until late this year."

220 VOLT describes its new songs as "as classic hard rock/metal — a bit harder than before, but still melodic."

Sony/BMG has just reissued 220 VOLT's first five albums ("220 Volt", "Power Games", "Mind Over Muscle", "Young And Wild" and "Eye To Eye") digitally with some bonus tracks added on to the "Power Games" and "Eye To Eye" LPs. They are now available on iTunes, Spotify and similar platforms, though it may still be a few weeks before they are released in the U.S.

2013 marks the 30th anniversary of 220 VOLT's self-titled first LP and the 25th anniversary of their landmark effort, "Eye To Eye". The band recently released short stories on their Facebook page about the recordings of each of their albums. They're posted in chronological order and take us album by album up to date.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

C'est un excellent groupe mélodique qui a sorti de très bons titres. J'avais commencé à parler d'eux mais personne ne s'y est vraiment intéressé. Je me demande pourquoi il n'y a que moi qui en parle.... :/
:riff:
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

J'étais sûre que ce sujet allait couler !! :)
Pourtant, c'est vraiment un bon groupe.

Des titres cultes !!

I'M ON FIIIIIRE !!!!

DANGEROUS !!

Over the top !!

Young and wild !!

Il faut mettre une nana avec de gros avantages sur la pochette pour qu'on s'intéresse à eux.
:riff:
noisepollution69
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par noisepollution69 »

moi j'aime bien la trilogie:

Powergames - 1984
Mind Over Muscle - 1985 mon préféré car j'ai découvert le groupe avec celui là (que j'avais en LP à l'époque) :amour:
Eye to Eye - 1988

je connais pas les autres.

A rapprocher de Pretty Maids dans l'esprit, je trouve
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Pretty Maids ? Ca ne m'apparaît pas évident .
En tout cas j'aime pas. Ca sonne mal, je trouve.
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

j'ai beaucoup aimé ce groupe jusqu'a "eye to eye" que j'ai trouvé trop commercial.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Moi j'aime bien, du bon heavy mélodique (ça peut rappeler les titres les plus mélodiques de pretty Maids, mais certainement pas les plus heavy). Mais effectivement à partir de Eye to eye ça devient un peu de la soupe. Il leur manquait clairement un truc pour passer dans la catégorie au dessus. Mais je trouve que Power games est un album très attachant, un peu comme, dans un registre proche, les albums de Trance de la même époque.
heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par heavy76 »

Le seul album que je connaisse est "Eye to eye", je le trouve vraiment bon. Il faudrait que j'écoute les précédents pour me faire une meilleure idée.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un nouvel album est en cours :
Veteran Swedish hard rockers 220 VOLT entered the studio on December 19 to begin recording their as-yet-untitled new album for a May 2014 release. So far, six songs have been laid down, and another batch will be tracked in mid-January.

220 VOLT earlier in the year announced the addition of singer Anders Engberg (THERION, LION'S SHARE) to the group's ranks. The band's current line is completed by founding members Thomas Drevin and Mats Karlsson on guitar, returning drummer Peter Hermansson and Mike Krusenberg on bass.

220 VOLT described its new songs as "as classic hard rock/metal — a bit harder than before, but still melodic."

Sony/BMG reissued 220 VOLT's first five albums ("220 Volt", "Power Games", "Mind Over Muscle", "Young And Wild" and "Eye To Eye") digitally with some bonus tracks added on to the "Power Games" and "Eye To Eye" LPs. They are now available on iTunes, Spotify and similar platforms.

2013 marks the 30th anniversary of 220 VOLT's self-titled first LP and the 25th anniversary of their landmark effort, "Eye To Eye". The band released short stories on their Facebook page about the recordings of each of their albums. They're posted in chronological order and take us album by album up to date.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/220-vo ... gjWfYmJ.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

L'album devrait finalement sortir fin août, il est en cours de mixage :
Veteran Swedish hard rockers 220 VOLT have started mixing their new album, set for a late August release. Some recording is still left to do, but the 13 songs should be all done in about three weeks.

A short YouTube clip from the studio containing about 30 seconds of a new song can be seen below.

"This album really has something for everyone," says 220 VOLT guitarist and founding member Thomas Drevin. "It ranges from the hardest stuff we've done to the coolest thing, even with a string quartet on one song. A lot of ideas came from jamming this time, and we only took the ideas we all liked and turned them into finished songs, as opposed to someone throwing in almost finished songs. It's much more of a group effort, which is nice!"
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ce sera plutôt pour fin septembre (le 26), il s'intitule "Walking In Starlight", voici sa pochette :

Sa tracklist :

1. Walking in Starlight - 2. System Overload - 3. Broken Promises - 4. Alive - 5. Blind - 6. Stranted -7. Get Me Out - 8. The Waiting - 9. Through the Wastelands - 10. Burning Heart - 11. Take a Good Luck - 12. One Good Reason - 13. Guiding Light

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Guix
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Guix »

Pochette très classiques mais efficace !
kingdavid of steel a écrit :
Pierre a écrit :Mais si on n'achète pas, qui va ramener le rock'n'roll en France ? :diable:
Demis Roussos !!!
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le premier extrait est en ligne :

Pierre Desproges
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Ca me plait bien pour le moment! :rock:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

J'ai de très bons souvenirs de 220 Volt, j'aimais bien écouter "Power Games" à fond dans ma voiture pour aller au boulot, vers 84. Une belle puissance musicale et vocale!
Je leur souhaite vraiment du succès avec leur nouvel album. :up:
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un trailer de l'album :

Pierre Desproges
Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

WOW, ça fleure bon les années 80 tout ça, ce qui pour moi est un compliment.
Vraiment sympa.

à Voir sur scène ...au Hellfest 2015 ?
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

2ème clip :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

et du live :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau chanteur :
Östersund's own 220 Volt just released a new song called "Fair Enough". You can listen to it below. The band also announced their new vocalist Göran Nyström. Thomas Drevin and Mats Karlsson are the founding members of the band and both guitarists. On drum duties, there's Peter Hermansson and in 2016, the group announced new bassist Mats Vassfjord.
Répondre