Trouble - The Distortion Field

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en juillet, avec leur nouveau chanteur.
Chicago doom-metal legends TROUBLE will release their first studio album in six years, "The Distortion Field", in North America on July 16 and in Europe on July 26 via FRW Records. The 12-song follow-up to 2007's "Simple Mind Condition" is being helmed by veteran producer Bill Metoyer (SLAYER, W.A.S.P., ARMORED SAINT, DARK ANGEL, SACRED REICH, CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER, D.R.I.) and marks the recording debut with TROUBLE of lead singer Kyle Thomas following the departure of the group's frontman of four years, Kory Clarke (of WARRIOR SOUL fame).

Says TROUBLE founder and guitarist Rick Wartell: "Kyle is one of the most impressive singers I've ever heard, and by far the most extraodinary singer I've ever had the pleasure of working with. He's got incredible range, incredible power, and an incredible knowledge of TROUBLE, as he's been a fan for 20-something years. We've known him forever, and he innately understands what TROUBLE is about. He's like the perfect guy to come in and do this job. It's awesome."

He adds: "Musically, I think this album is a true TROUBLE record.

"In the early days, we used to just write what we felt and didn't really care about what anyone said. We just wrote heavy riffs and played our music our way. But outside influences can kind of get a hold of you and start telling you what to do.

"When we were writing this album, the thinking was, we don't care what anybody thinks. We're going to write what we write. So this is basically a return to our roots, while combining some reflections of our band's long history as well.

"With the two different music writers, Bruce [Franklin, guitar] and myself, we have a slight variation in our writing; Bruce has more of a '70s groove to his writing, and I'm more the old-school doomy metal thing. And when you put it together, you get TROUBLE."

Thomas, former lead vocalist for EXHORDER, FLOODGATE and ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY, was no stranger to TROUBLE as he previously fronted the band for four live shows between 1997 and 1999, including Stoner Hands Of Doom festival in Maryland and Expo Of The Extreme in Chicago. Thomas has also collaborated on projects with members of SLIPKNOT, DOWN, OBITUARY and DEICIDE.

In an interview with Metal Kaoz, Bruce Franklin stated about Kyle's addition to TROUBLE, "We didn't need to change any of the [new] music [to suit Kyle's vocals]. He really knows how to sing to TROUBLE stuff because he was a fan from way back."

Added Kyle: "They had given me four songs to work on when I was jamming with them in anticipation of possibly doing the album that came to be 'Simple Mind Condition'. I did demo one song, but nothing I did ever made it to the album. Things turned out the way that they have between then and now, and here I am."

He continued, "Bruce and Rick [Wartell, guitar] have always been great to me as people and business partners. I was made to feel an equal back then, and the same goes for now. That is monumental for me — I grew up listening to these guys and now I am a member of one of my favorite bands. You can't beat that."

"The Distortion Field" track listing:

01. Sink Or Swim
02. Paranoid Conspiracy
03. Glass Of Lies
04. The Grey Chill Of Autumn
05. When The Sky Comes Down
06. Butterflies
07. Your Reflections
08. Have I Told You
09. The Apple From The Snake
10. Hunters Of Doom
11. Sucker
12. The Broken Have Spoken

TROUBLE 2013 is:

Kyle Thomas: Vocals
Bruce Franklin: Guitar
Rick Wartell: Guitar
Mark Lira: Drums

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

hâte d'entendre ce que ça va donner, même si le risque d'être déçu est grand... :/
blacksabbasteph
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par blacksabbasteph »

metal militia a écrit :hâte d'entendre ce que ça va donner, même si le risque d'être déçu est grand... :/
ouais...... :hum:
Keep the world with all its sin....it's not fit for livin' iiiiiin !!!!
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

blacksabbasteph a écrit :
metal militia a écrit :hâte d'entendre ce que ça va donner, même si le risque d'être déçu est grand... :/
ouais...... :hum:
pas mieux que vous deux, si ce n'est que je le prends à sa sortie c'est sûr !
blacksabbasteph
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par blacksabbasteph »

pareil je le prends (fébrilement certes^^) dès sa sortie !!!! ;)
Keep the world with all its sin....it's not fit for livin' iiiiiin !!!!
heavydevy01
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par heavydevy01 »

Outch, la cover toute photoshopée bien dégueulasse :nul: Avec Kyle thomas, ça peut être bon mais est ce que ca sonnera vraiment Trouble, wait and see comme ils disent.
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

:beurk: La pochette.
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
franang
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par franang »

la pochette est pas terrible, mais le logo avec l'effet néon violet est de très mauvais goût. Enfin c'est mon avis et je le partage
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

j'attends plutôt un album de THE SKULL personnellement.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

franang a écrit :la pochette est pas terrible, mais le logo avec l'effet néon violet est de très mauvais goût. Enfin c'est mon avis et je le partage
À défaut de connaître le contenu de l'album, je suis d'accord sur le visuel. Le logo ramène l'infographie à ce qu'elle était il y a dix-quinze ans. La pochette fait idée rejetée pour un live de Queensryche de la même époque ou un album de King Diamond à la fin des années 90.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur nouveau chanteur demande aux fans de donner une chance à ce line-up.
Metal Kaoz recently conducted an interview with TROUBLE singer Kyle Thomas and guitarist Rick Wartell. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Metal Kaoz: Since there is a new TROUBLE album coming out this July, "The Distortion Field", can you give us an idea how it sounds like? If you were to compare it with previous TROUBLE albums, what would your choices be?

Kyle: As a huge TROUBLE fan, I can say that I truly believe this is the best batch of songs since the first Def American album they recorded with Rick Rubin. There is a nice combination of TROUBLE's past styles on "The Distortion Field", added to a current approach. Fast-paced, strong songs, slow, doomy songs, and some good grooves as well. There are even mellow moments and cool intros. I would say we have an album here that spans the entire career as far as style goes, with even some new territory being entered. I think most TROUBLE fans will be pleased.

Metal Kaoz: How long did it take you to record "The Distortion Field"? I am asking this because there was a lot of talking about this album, but no definite release date.

Rick: About two and a half years, on and off. Mostly because we only did the recording on a part-time basis, a drastic switch from previous TROUBLE recordings in which we recorded in much shorter time spans. It was nice to take our time and be able to go back and change sounds or riffs on a more casual basis. Really, there was no reason to rush because we didn't even have a deal in place when we started the process.

Metal Kaoz: What are the lyrics about? Reading songtitles like "Butterflies" and "Your Reflection", I'm curious about what this album is talking about…

Kyle: The old saying "art imitates life" really is completely true here. I tend to wear my life on my sleeve in my writing, although some songs I do enjoy writing from pure fantasy. If they did a movie or book about my life and what my family has endured, especially recent events considered, it would probably be disregarded as too ridiculous. The things that have happened to me could not be scripted — they are so insane and hard to believe. However, as much as I put my heart and soul out there for all to hear and see, I firmly believe that what the lyrics "mean" are subject to interpretation by the listener. Bruce [Franklin, guitar] and I wrote "Sucker" together, and "One Life" is all Bruce's lyrics. He, like me, puts a lot of his life experiences into his words. What does it mean to you? What is it saying to you, and how does it make you feel? That is what the lyrics mean, if you ask me.

Metal Kaoz: Are you prepared to confront any negative criticism from some "fans" who may say that TROUBLE without Eric Wagner behind the mic isn't TROUBLE at all? Because whether we like it or not, criticism is widely spread on the Internet nowadays.

Kyle: Everyone should give people that are not happy about Eric being gone a break. They are fans just like me, and have a right to feel the way that they do. All I can do is ask that they give TROUBLE without Eric Wagner a chance. If you hear it and hate it, fine. But don't discredit it without even hearing one song. That's unfair in my opinion. There was a time when I loved Ronnie James Dio in both DIO and RAINBOW, but not BLACK SABBATH. And do you know why? Because as a kid, I read all of the negative things Ozzy Osbourne's camp was saying about BLACK SABBATH with Dio. I can remember when I was just forming what became FLOODGATE with Kevin Thomas, my brother. I mentioned in passing to Phil Anselmo about how I loved Dio but never really got into the albums he did with BLACK SABBATH. He looked at me as if he was looking over me on a suicide watch and said in a concerned manner, "Maybe you should give them another listen, bro." Ronnie in SABBATH was amazing. So was Ian Gillan. It is equally amazing, just different. Tell me that DEEP PURPLE with David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes sucks and isn't DEEP PURPLE because Ian Gillan was gone, and I'll tell you you're nuts. I'm not saying I'm Dio, Gillan, Coverdale or Hughes, but I am a TROUBLE fan. I'm not going to try to copy Eric vocally or lyrically, but you had better believe his reach over me was strong in making this album. He emailed me the day they fired Kory Clarke and it was announced that I was joining, and he thanked me for the nice things I said about him and TROUBLE. He also told me to "do us all proud." Do you have any idea what that means to me? I've never met Eric Wagner — he's not around TROUBLE when I am, for obvious reasons — but I am a fan of his and if he is cheering me on in the spot he once stood and greatly influenced me from, then I bow my head in respect. Are some people going to hate this album because I am singing and Eric isn't? Yep. There will be some that just refuse to accept it. On the other hand, I think the ones that are open minded but skeptical will love it because it sounds like TROUBLE. And there will be a new legion of TROUBLE fans that have followed my career but maybe never gave TROUBLE a good listen. Hell, there will be a lot of my listeners that may hate it because it isn't EXHORDER! I know that is true, because I got hate mail from some of my own fans before when I did FLOODGATE. I even got threatening emails a few years ago from EXHORDER fans because we went in a more groove direction away from thrash. People are as passionate sometimes as they are diverse, and they really take a lot of this personally, and sometimes too seriously. If I don't like something by one of my favorite bands, I simply don't buy it. But I would never disrespect a replacement guy. The band chose him and they want him there. Nothing a fan can say or do will change that except maybe just not buying the product. I met Tommy Thayer of KISS with my son the last time they played in New Orleans. He's the guy wearing Ace Frehley's makeup. You know what? He played great, and sat and talked with my son as if it was the most important thing in the world to the both of them. He's Ace in my book for that alone. I have defended him for that reason ever since. Some people may never accept me in TROUBLE or TROUBLE without Eric for that matter. The truth is, though, that Rick, Bruce and I have all discussed this, and we all feel so strongly about "The Distortion Field" that we are of the opinion that if one fan walks, we will gain three or four more. I believe it is that good, I really do. Please just give it a chance, people. If you hate it then, I will respect your opinion.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bruce Franklin au sujet de Eric Wagner et son hypothétique retour :

RollingStoneIndia.com: There's one question a lot of TROUBLE fans still want to know the answer to — is it true METALLICA checked out your backline rig to get a similar guitar tone?

Bruce Franklin: It is true that James Hetfield looked at our onstage guitar amps in 1984 when we played in San Francisco. Anything beyond that fact is just speculation.

RollingStoneIndia.com: TROUBLE has managed to survive hiatuses and lineup changes. I know you have Kyle (Thomas, vocalist) who's come back, but would you ever want to ask Eric [Wagner] to get back on stage with you for a one-off or more?

Bruce Franklin: You never know what the future holds. Right now we have a new record with our new singer Kyle Thomas who is going to turn some heads. This type of a reunion is not in the plans for the near future.

Rick Wartell: I have learned in this life to "never say never," but as Bruce said, we are focused on working with Kyle and recording the new album with him was a great experience. So we are looking forward to getting the record out and playing some shows.

RollingStoneIndia.com: What keeps you guys going?

Rick Wartell: Music is big part of who we are. As a musician, that doesn't ever go away and you can't really separate yourself from it, unless you make a choice to do so. We have never measured our success based on its commercial appeal. We write and play what's within us and what we like, and in doing so, we've stayed true to who we are and we still love what we do.

Bruce Franklin: Well, for me, music is my life. I like to think in terms of a next album, whether it is TROUBLE or a solo type thing like SUPERSHINE. Speaking for myself, I think that there is plenty of music left in me to write. As for performing live, I love that too. I don't feel that I have lost anything in my playing yet. Maybe in five or 10 years, I won't be at the top of my game as a musician, but right now I feel like I've written some really good riffs and songs. I am sure that I can deliver in a live setting as well as I ever have done also. As for people leaving the band, the guitar riffs and sound has always been the signature of TROUBLE. That is still there today.

RollingStoneIndia.com: What's the word on your new album that was once called "The Dark Riff" ? Is it as heavy and doom as the name sounds?

Bruce Franklin: The name of the new record is "The Distortion Field". It has moments of heavy doom and also some uptempo crunch songs. A little psychedelic flavor here and there and some of the famous heavy groove riffs we are known for. Also, I might add, some really powerful vocals that are adding dimension to the music.
Rako
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Rako »

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured ... d-sampler/

Convaincu pour ma part par ces 3 titres !! :bravo:
Tony Le Pouilleux

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Il se débrouille plutôt bien le chanteur d'Exhorder.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

ouais,c'est pas mal,mais la patte Trouble a franchement tendance a disparaitre.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

ouais disons que si je ne la savais je n'aurai pas pu dire que c'était du trouble.
Mais bon ça sonne pas mal quand même. :rock:
franang
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par franang »

kingdavid of steel a écrit :ouais,c'est pas mal,mais la patte Trouble a franchement tendance a disparaitre.
je trouve l'ensemble assez trouble pour du doom ahahahaha
Rako
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Rako »

Une demi-douzaine d'écoutes et ma conclusion est limpide : cet opus surpasse en tout le dernier Black Sab' les gens !! :rock:
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Nouveau bassiste :
Trouble Introduce New Bass Player

Metal legends Trouble have announced their new bassist Rob Hultz to debut on Fall Tour

On the eve of the European release of their latest studio album The Distortion Field, Trouble have made a permanent addition to the band line-up with the hiring of bass player Rob Hultz.

Hultz is no stranger to the heavy metal, hard rock, and doom metal genres as his lengthy music resume boasts. While still in high school, he joined an East Coast hardcore band called Social Decay which served as his introduction to recording and touring. After a decade, he left with the guitar player to form the doom metal band Godspeed and was signed to Atlantic Records. Their debut album was recorded at Electric Lady Studios in New York and produced by Rachel Bolan of Skid Row. The band was represented by Gloria Butler Management and toured with iconic bands such as Black Sabbath, Ronnie James Dio, and Cathedral, to name just a few.

In 1996, Hultz helped form Solace, another notable doom metal band, which was signed to Meteor City Records, and played large arenas, clubs, and festivals such as Roadburn and Hellfest. Their last recording A.D. was released on Small Stone Records in 2010 and voted Best Metal Album of the Year on iTunes. Since then, Hultz has lent his talents on projects for Lethal Aggression and Disease Concept.

Commenting on the band's decision, Trouble founder and guitarist Rick Wartell states, "Bruce Franklin and I played the bass parts on The Distortion Field, with the exception of one song. However as we began preparing to tour in support of the album, it became really important to choose the right person for the band. Rob is not only a great bass player but also a total pro with an impressive band history, and he's got the Trouble-personality so he definitely fits in well. We look forward to him joining us on the road and being a band-mate for a long time to come."

Hultz has already begun rehearsals and will debut live with the band for a series of European show dates scheduled for October 2013, the details of which are still pending and will be announced separately.
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ça groove bien :

Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

super titre mais bon "the distortion field" est bien fadasse par rapport au sublime album de The skull ;)
Répondre