Yossi Sassi (ex-Orphaned Land)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

VS a écrit :Le guitariste et membre fondateur d'ORPHANED LAND, Yossi Sassi vient d'annoncer qu'il quittait le groupe après 22 ans de fidélité.

Yossi annonce qu'il est temps pour lui de prendre un nouveau départ.

Sa prochaine sortie sera son nouvel album solo intitulé 'Desert Butterflies', qui succède à 'Melting Clocks'. On y retrouvera en guest Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal (GUNS N' ROSES), Marty Friedman (MEGADETH) ou encore Mariangela Demurtas (TRISTANIA). (VsGreg)
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

ouille, grosse grosse perte pour le groupe :(
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
MDT
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par MDT »

Aïe mauvaise nouvelle :(
TrVe Guadeloupean Zouk Metal
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

ça fait mal au cul :(
ImageImageImage
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

En même temps, il habite en France avec sa nana...Difficile de garder une cohésion de groupe dans ces cas-là. C'était pressenti, il n'a fait que les dates française avec le groupe sur la dernière tournée.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est une mauvaise nouvelle, mais qui ne devrait pas ralentir le groupe d'après eux :
"It is a sad day for us.

"I remember the day me and Uri [Zelcha, bass] were looking for a guitarist and put an ad on one of the record shops in Israel. No one called for some time, until we got only one response, and that was Yossi's.

"Since our youth, we were veins of the same body and soul, and built something which was but a realm of light. However, we respect the fact that taking different paths is a part of life.

"These situations had happened to even bigger and greater than ORPHANED LAND and the important thing here is that we are still and forever brothers, and the door remains open for both sides.

"Writing or sharing the stage is something we could easily keep on doing in the near future. Until then, we offer Yossi a warm hug, and wish him the very best!

"As for ORPHANED LAND, we keep on going with full force unto our next goals.

"We never had a main composer or a mastermind in the band. ORPHANED LAND was always an adventure in which all members are partners in the writing process and in the shaping of the band’s concept. Therefore, ORPHANED LAND will always be an idea, a concept, a whole which is larger than the sum of its parts.

"We are planning and will soon announce many shows for 2014 as well as write new material for our next albums.

"With endless love, let there be light."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/orphan ... KsL4OrA.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Il continue de mener sa carrière de son côté et va sortir un premier disque sous le nom Yossi Sassi Band.

Pre-order the new album "Roots and Roads" - Digipak CD !

Signed by the members of Yossi Sassi band!

The album will be shipped before the official release. Estimated shipping: May 15th

http://yossisassi.com/shop.html#!/Pre-o ... ort=normal
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Avec 2 invités de marque : Ron Thal et le chanteur de Myrath :up:
D'après la vidéo ci-dessous on dirait qu'il a utilisé à peu près tous les instruments de la création sur cet album. :D
"Roots and Roads" is Yossi Sassi band's 3rd studio album combining east and west together for an oriental prog metal experience of acoustic and electric.

The final sound of the album is the reflection of an intricate combination of rock, classical and worldwide oriental instruments: flute, clarinet, violin, bozuouki, oud, saz, charango, chumbush, ney, kanun and much more.

Alongside well-renowned Israeli guest musicians, the album includes vocals by Zaher Zorgati (Myrath) and guitar tunes by Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (ex-Guns'n'Roses). "Roots and Roads" will drop May 25th, 2016.

The album was recorded in the Jaffa Sound Arts studio in the ancient city port of Jaffa, Israel, during April of 2016. Check out behind-the-scenes footage below.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Premier extrait, avec le chanteur de Myrath :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sympa, et ça ne ressemble pas trop (un peu quand même, forcément) à Orphaned Land ou à Myrath.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Autre extrait, avec Bumblefoot :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'espère qu'il n'y aura pas trop d'instrumentales, mais c'est réussi quand même.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Yossi Sassi & The Oriental Rock Orchestra, featuring former Orphaned Land guitarist Yossi Sassi, have released their new album, Prediluvian today (March 13th), available now on all digital platforms. To celebrate the release Yossi Sassi has revealed their second single and video, "Armaros Fall" feat. Haken's Ross Jennings.

This is Yossi’s sixth solo album, and the 5th since leaving Orphaned Land (after composing and recording All Is One), the oriental metal band he co-founded, and created a worldwide genre.

The new album includes 12 new tracks, electric, acoustic and diverse.

“In the new album I’ve ‘drifted back’ to my electric guitar, and it is full with loads of guitar riffs, alongside our unique blend of oriental progressive rock”, Says Sassi, “The album's title and concept relate to a period in time chronicled between the fall of man and the genesis flood. History just keeps repeating, and while writing and brainstorming, I felt this would be a proper framework to gather various feelings and capture some of the essence of this current period in humanity. In 2002 I created the successful Mabool album and concept along with my brothers in Orphaned Land, so it felt only natural to go back - before the flood. Playing and creating with time, and as usual, the clocks keep melting”.

The album includes a guest apprance of Sassi’s longtime friend and musical collaborator, the amazing Ross Jennings, the lead singer for Haken. This is Jennings’ second appearance on Sassi’s albums and the joint song, “Armaros Fall” hits as an offical single and video with the release of the new album.

Watch the "Armaros Fall" video below.

The album was recorded at Black Rock Studios in the Island Of Santorini, making the exclusive mediterranean venue a musical home for Sassi and the gang, as this is the 3rd album recorded on the Island.

“One of the most amazing things about creating our music and albums is the privilege to deepen our friendship”, says Sassi, “Whether it's waking up in the morning and naturally sliding into a sunrise jam by the sea or in the living room or after dinner late at night, sharing ideas into the small hours. It's the bond that makes us create better music”.

Répondre