Night Demon (US Heavy metal)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

La reprise de Cirith Ungol :

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La reprise de Thin Lizzy a été modifiée, c'est pas mal dans l'idée.
Ils ont même rajouté le riff de Genocide à la fin, et l'intro de Heart Attack, c'est subtil et ça vaut des points bonus chez moi.

Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

J'écoute le podcast de Night Demon à propos de leur dernière tournée. Les mecs ont bien du courage vu les tombereaux de merde qui leur tombent dessus :euh:
Modifié en dernier par Denis le 31 juil. 2022, 12:55, modifié 1 fois.
Prochains concerts:
Metal Witchcraft
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Metal Witchcraft »

Moi qui parle anglais comme une vache espagnole... il dit quoi ce podcast ? Y vont bien nos copains amerloques au moins ?
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

Difficile de résumer 5 x 1h en quelques phrases mais ils racontent des anecdotes sur la dernière tournée. Beaucoup de problèmes de véhicules (les pannes, les bouchons en Allemagne, etc.), quelques soucis d’hôtels (dont Jarvis bloqué hors de sa chambre et le proprio qui rentre par une sorte de porte secrète :lol:), des promoteurs foireux, le vol de matériel, ... Heureusement que la plupart du temps les concerts se passent bien et qu'ils arrivent à prendre du bon temps. Les gars ne se plaignent jamais et à aucun moment ça n'a d'impact sur ce qu'ils donnent sur scène. :up:
Prochains concerts:
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

Premier extrait du nouvel album Outsider prévu pour le 17 mars 2023 :

Clip inutile :

Modifié en dernier par Denis le 15 janv. 2023, 10:45, modifié 1 fois.
Prochains concerts:
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Jolie la pochette! :up: :amour:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le leader a changé de look je n'avais pas suivi, on dirait presque Tom Englund d'Evergrey maintenant, tendance Lemmy :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:dance:

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Bon titre, mauvais clip. Toujours mieux que l'inverse
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

Le nouvel album est sorti hier. C'est quand même bien mollasson globalement.

Prochains concerts:
Metal Witchcraft
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Carrément, j'ai écris une chro pour le prochain fanzine, et ça sera une des rares négatives je pense...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

Quel acteur ce Dusty ! :D
Prochains concerts:
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Je trouve Escape from Beyond passable, sans plus.

En revanche Beyond the Grave me plait nettement plus, j'aime bien la part belle faite à la basse avec le sympathique riff en introduction.

Et je suis d'accord avec Everflow concernant le look du chanteur. :D
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Plus je l'écoute plus je l'apprécie. Je trouve la démarche de Night Demon assez courageuse, l'album est clairement moins énergique mais les compos sont plus fouillées, plus variées, ce qui en fait un album plus "exigeant".
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

Dusty a quitté le groupe en début d'année, ils expliquent tout ici : https://www.buzzsprout.com/1249736/1279 ... e-wind.mp3
Ce type de transparence est rare.
On sent une certaine émotion chez Dustin Squires (contrairement à Jarvis, ce qui ne veut pas dire qu'il n'est pas affecté. Mais il ne le montre pas).
Prochains concerts:
Monty Burnes
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Monty Burnes »

alors du coup il dit quoi, tu me diras ?
I lived in magic solitude of cloudy looking mountains...
Metal Witchcraft
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Yes Denis, si tu peux nous faire un résumé parce que lire l'anglais ça passe mais là je pense que je vais pas suivre (et la flemme d'écouter une heure de blabla).
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

En gros, il fait un burn-out, sa famille lui manque, il n'est plus motivé.

La transcription n'est pas parfaite mais il y a le plus important :
Oh, shit. Now the moment we've all been waiting for. The reason why I exited Night Demon Man. It's. It's interesting to have to sit down and talk about this being that I'm basically a year removed from quitting the band, even though I still continued to play shows and fit in, finished out what we had on the books as far as scheduled dates and everything.

In March and April of 2022, Dusty came out to California. I returned there from Ireland as well. We were finishing up the kind of doing the finishing touches on the Outsider album, and I was mainly just doing the vocals, but we had to get together and rehearse. We were doing a release show for Ears of the Demon and the Beer of the Demon at Casa Agria Brewing in Oxnard, California, the sister town of Ventura. So he came out. We were going to do that, and we were also getting ready to fly to Houston and do a one off at the Hell's Heroes Festival. And, you know, I mean, everything was fine. We played the gig and it was really great. And, you know, I don't know, I just kind of arrived. Well, I definitely felt that something was up with him, you know?

You know, I ended up moving back to my hometown in Pennsylvania in November of 2020 while the pandemic was still in full, in full force. You know, I really wanted to come home and reconnect with my family. And, you know, I had moved to Philadelphia in 2007 and I moved home in 2020. You know, I moved to California in 2010. So you're talking 13 years where I was away from my family, where I saw them, you know, where obviously when I lived in Philly, I could come home here and there. But when I was on the road and I'd see my family maybe once or twice a year, you know, being on the road. And it was a high end buy. And I come home for holidays, mainly Christmas, but any time would fly so fast. It was just a lot of time that I was missing out on. And so when I finally had some chance to reflect during the pandemic, I decided I wanted to move home.

I think. He got kind of used to being at home a lot more than he had ever been before. You know, once he had moved back during the pandemic, you know, late 2021, he ended up heading home and he kind of got used to that life again. He had really had any of that life for a long time, I mean, really since he had moved to Ventura with New Liberty in 2010. I don't think he had been home for an extended period of time in that whole shit. I mean, 11 years at that point. 12 years.

And by doing that, I really just enjoyed my time home. And honestly, I was dreading going back out on the road.

Life on the road. Is not for everybody, especially in a hard working band like Night Team. And, uh. Yeah. I mean, where do you start? Strains on relationships, you know, family. You know, sometimes things come up and they overlap with dates. You know, people's birthdays, holidays, stuff like that. And you know, it can. It can. Put a toll on things. I think, you know, again, it's not for everybody. And you have to kind of have a a mindset of like all or nothing with this kind of shit.

One thing about being in a band like Night Demon is you have to be 100% in the game. You can't be half way, You can't be 90%. Really. You have to be completely involved. It's a band, it's a family, it's a team, you know? And for the team to be firing on all cylinders, everybody needs to be in the same headspace. Overall. Yes, there's going to be ebbs and flows. There's going to be there's going to be good days and bad days for sure. But overall, you know, you got to you got to keep your head in the game. You got to keep your cool and you have to be there for each other. That's the main thing when you're there for each other, other people are there for you, so you're not constantly fighting for yourself. And that's the one thing. It's the most important thing. I should say that that keeps a band going successfully.

You know, with me, it's either I'm 100% all in or I'm 100% all out. You know, if there's one little thing that is not all in, then I'm not I'm not in the right headspace. And even at that time, in August of 2021, I was already just not really feeling it, you know? I mean, obviously Jarvis and I butt heads and or butted heads in the past and, you know, I'm not the easiest person to work with, and neither is he at times. And, you know, I think that at times I was a little bit more combative than I was helpful. And, you know, it kind of didn't benefit us at times, you know, And I didn't want to keep stringing the band along and just staying in it when my heart wasn't in it, you know?

Yeah. You know, life on the road can be extremely difficult. You know, a lot of times people like to say, Oh, it's not for everyone. Well, I mean, that's as true as that is. Yeah. It's not for everyone. But I don't know, honestly, sometimes I wonder if it's the right thing for anyone. You know, it takes a lot of courage. It takes a lot of bravery to do this, not just to go out and do it, but to actually stick around and continue to do it. That's where. That's where the real gut check is, You know, that's where the courage comes in. And you could talk to any band that stuck around and to do it. There's ebbs and flows and they'll tell you the exact same thing. Do people get burnt out? Yes, I get burnt out all the time. I think I get better at it, though. You know, we're always trying to improve. I think that, you know, I have a lot more respect for the individuals that surround me now way more than I did in the past. And people just you got to realize people get burnt out at different times. It's not like everybody's burnt out at the same time. It's usually, you know, one person is always burnt out. So you just have to take that into consideration and you have to respect people and you have to respect their personal space and just realize like, hey, just because you're not going through it through it doesn't mean you won't be going through it tomorrow. So, yeah, the road is not it's not a kind place, but it's a very rewarding place. And, you know, as difficult as it is, you know, that's what life is. It's challenges and it's getting through those challenges that that make you stronger. And, you know, I don't disrespect anybody for not wanting to do this, but me personally, I, I cannot see myself not trying.

Yeah, 91 is 110% thing or none, you know.

I think I was just really burnt out from the years of doing this. You know, I put my all into touring, into playing, into being all in on night Demon. I was absolutely all in. I sacrificed so much of my time and life to be a part of the band and to go out there and to to push the band to the next level, whatever it is or was. And, you know, it just got to the point where every time shows were getting canceled, I was just happier and happier, you know? And I know for Armand and Jarvis, you know, they were they wanted to get back out there. I didn't you know, I was just kind of like, man, I don't I don't want to go back out. And it was just I don't know. I just got to the point where I was just over it and things became silly to me. And the whole idea of being in a band kind of started to become silly. I remember when I had gone on on a date with my current girlfriend, and we've known each other, you know, we've known each other since we were ten years old. She was my fourth grade girlfriend and she grew up across the street from my grandparents, so I spent a lot of time with her when when I was a kid. And we ended up meeting in August of 21 and one of our first dates, you know, she's like, so, you know, where are you at in life and what's going on with you? And, you know, I'm like, yeah, well, you know, the band is is doing well, but I don't know, I'm kind of torn on whether or not I want to go back out and do this again and or even if I even want to be in the band. So it was really it was really conflicting as far as where my mind was at. You know, I wanted to be in it, but I didn't, you know, I had one foot in and one foot out when we were at Hell's Heroes in Houston last year. That's when the shit hit the fan. You know, I was really just homesick. You know, there was ten other things I'd rather be doing than being on the road and being at that show. And I kind of blew up on Jarvis in front of a lot of people, and after a Night of drinking, said some things that were pretty harsh and out of character. But also, you know, a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. So I said some things that were a little harsh, but very true.

Regarding the incident health heroes, I really just. I mean, again, like I always want to be fair to the to the other person, because my my point of view is obviously going to be a lot different. But, you know, I think he was just just he was venting his frustrations about things. And, you know, it was kind of to two other people that are not in the band. And, you know, I mean, two friends of ours, he's not going out to total strangers, you know, But still, I think just the frustrations were boiling over. And, you know, I mean, it was something that I thought was a bad look and like, it didn't make us look good. But again, I don't think it was his intention at all to do that. He's talking to his friends who who he trusts. And, you know, I just kind of wish those frustrations, frustrations were vented towards towards me, you know, towards the band. But, I mean, it is what it is. And there's no there's no, you know, resentment towards him at all for that on my part at all. But, you know, it's I guess it was kind of a necessary thing because that's what actually caused me to reach out to him and check in and see what what's going on, what's the what's the issue here? And if I if he hadn't have done that and then I hadn't had done that, I mean, who knows where we'd be now?

So and a couple of days later, Jarvis called me and, and, you know, he said, I'm going to Nash, your behavior up to you being drunk. And I was like, Well, yeah, you know, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. And I probably could have said things different way. Ultimately, I didn't want to burn bridges with this band. You know, I love Jarvis and Armand a whole lot, and I wouldn't take our time away for anything. I think it was a very important time for us. I think it was a very important time for us to be a band. I think we put a major stamp on the music industry and in what we do where the flag bearers of the new wave of traditional heavy metal, you know, we throw the Frost and Fire festival and, you know, that's a whole nother thing. We got certain gold back together. There's a lot of things I'm proud of in this band, and it brought the best out in me as a player. It brought the best out in me is, as you know, being a band made at times. But you know, where I was at at that time. Being in Houston at Hell's Heroes last year, I was not I did not have my best interest and I wasn't the band wasn't bringing out the best in me. And, you know, I told Jarvis after a couple of days later that, you know, I wanted to quit and I was out of the band, you know.

That was another thing he brought up, too. He's like, Look, I don't want to let you guys down by not being there fully. You know, he he realized that and he was honest with us about it. So that's cool. So we just handled it like adults and we moved on.

You know, he just kind of told me that he's just over the whole thing. And I really, you know, I mean, there's a lot of factors involved here, not just, you know, he hates us and he hates the band. You know, thankfully, it wasn't it wasn't anything like that. So, yeah, but we just kind of talked it out. And, you know, he had his reasons, which I'm not going to speak for him. He can speak for himself on that. But yeah, you know, I mean, I did everything I could to try and work it out and and give him the benefit of the doubt, even hypothetical situations, you know, for him to stay in the band, you know, kind of try and cater to his knees and his desires, you know, even if it even if, you know, I felt that it was not fair to us or hurt the band. And I still at least wanted to know, you know, what those things would be, you know, if he if he if he wanted to stay in the band and can kind of have it his way, how would that be? I just like to know because a lot of times, you know, the things that you think would not be acceptable for somebody else actually might be, and you just don't know to have that conversation. So I was willing to to hear him out on that. But, you know, he took a couple of days and, you know, ultimately just decided that he wanted to step aside and pass the torch.

So. You know, I guess. I don't know. I guess people just, you know, you get to a point in life and you want to just change things up. I you know, I've definitely, like, thought about that from time to time. You know, in my career when I'm things are up or down. Like, what would it be like if I just moved away and completely started over or did something different? But I mean, it's just like for me, it's just kind of like a whatev thing. I don't think I'd ever actually do it, but he actually decided to do it, so we just decided to. Like getting mad about it or anything like that. Just say, okay, well, how do we make this work?

So in regards to Dusty leaving the band, you know, we had when he had decided that that's what he wanted to do, that you know, he's not 100% in and he didn't want to hold us back, which I do respect. You know, Then came up the conversation of, well, you know, it's April and we have all these commitments. We're going on it. We're going back to Europe next year for the first time and then two and a half years. And we have a full tour. You know, we have these music videos to shoot for the new album. We have, you know, photo shoots. We have magazine cover shoots, we have festivals coming up. We have a whole European headlining tour again in September of that year. We've got one offs all over Europe. We've got we've got to us some U.S. dates. You know, we're going back to Saint John's. We've got all these things planned.

You know, I knew that there was a lot of things that that we had scheduled. You know, I wasn't going to leave the band high and dry, you know, because Jarvis and Armand are my friends. And I didn't worry, you know, could I have just said, Fuck you guys and I'm out? Yeah, of course. But would that have done anybody any favors? No. And I know I would have regretted that decision moving forward in my life.

So, yeah, the cool thing about how it all went down, you know, he we obviously, you know, had a lot on the books that year when he brought brought up leaving the band and you know, immediately he was like, look, I'll do everything that we have on the books of course you know and I will likely be guys hanging out. So it was kind of bittersweet because, you know, we'd be playing these great shows. You know especially that towards midnight although her if if there's if there's any tour that's going to make you kind of leave a band tour kind of like that. As far as the situations with the travels and all the breakdowns and all that shit, I mean, that, that'll push anybody to the edge. I mean, good thing all the shows are really good, you know that Those guys are really cool because I think if, if, if it was any other way, it could have been it could have been me quitting the band or something, you know? That's kidding. So that was cool of him to do that. I mean, because I mean, anybody luckily, you know, like I said, there was no bad blood in the whole thing in the beginning. So doing all those shows and doing all this stuff without anybody else knowing but us, you know, and trying to keep that secret because, you know, we just didn't want that to get in the way of everything we're doing and the success of things. You know, we wanted to be in control of when that came out. So.

I mean, again, I don't like to speak for anybody else, but it was maybe his way of being able to kind of silently say goodbye to everybody or to all these places that he's probably never going to go to again in his life. You know? So, you know, we've made a lot of friends out there. And, you know, I'm sure, you know, he'll keep in contact with with a lot of them. But there's many he won't he'll he will never see again in his life, ever. It's kind of nice to go out and do that stuff. And we definitely had some great shows together that last year and some really, really monumental moments that I'm really happy he was there to experience. Back in 2013 when Dusty joined the band, it was pretty much a new lifeline for us. We had been playing with Jon Cryer and his heart was totally into it, but we were having some musical struggles and when Dusty came to the to the to the band, I mean, he was at a point in his life where, you know, he didn't really have any attachments or any very strong commitments and he was, you know, willing to go all in and do this. And his drumming skills were something that that took the band to a place that we kind of always wanted to be. So musically, it was it was going well personality wise. I mean, it was it was pretty good, you know? I mean, I had known him for for quite a while since then. There were some kind of musical differences. But, you know, he knew enough of of of the kind of stuff that we were wanting to do that it wasn't like he was having to learn a whole new style or anything. So, you know, but. Him and Jim joining the band happened very fast. It wasn't you know, initially, initially, it was just the idea was for him to just play on The Curse of the Damned album. But, you know, when we handle that situation wrong, John career, rightfully so, just quit the band. And so we had, you know, our first kind of real tour dates with Diamond Head and Raven, and that's where Dusty stepped right in and, you know, just made it just made it happen from there. And at that point, you know, we had a lot going for the band.

How. We just we had to move forward and. And things. Things just happened so, so fast then. And I'm glad that we had a guy like him who who was able to to roll with the punches without blowing up his whole life, you know, and and just be able to to to roll with us. And also musically just not only just keep up with what with where we were, but, you know, kind of be able to do the technical things that we wanted to happen so we can move forward. So obviously.

You know, I spent a lot of time with Dusty before he was in 91 with New Liberty.

In a bus in the beach. Some of the.

I mean, we didn't tour that much, but I mean, those guys were like basically living in my parking lot for, like I said, yeah, for like a good part of that first year when they moved to town. So, you know, it was like we were on tour together and. Yeah, you create a brotherly bond and I mean, it's like he can't, you know, everything, especially in the early days when, you know, before we get to a point where we could have, you know, we were staying in our own hotel rooms and stuff like that, you know, it was like you're sharing floors together, sharing beds, you're sharing couches. You know, you're sleeping in the van together. So, I mean, if you don't fucking get along, man, it's not going to go very far, so.

The bond we developed touring as a three piece. I mean, you're going to have. You know, the Bond as a band that you develop as touring is something that's almost indescribable unless you're in the situation. But there's something special about being in a three piece band. I mean, if there's ever any kind of argument or dispute, it's always going to be two against one. I mean, if there's a choice of this way or that way, you know, it's it's it's always going to be that way. I mean, that's just simple mathematics, right? But there's just something, you know, I think that the more personalities you involve into a group, whether that be a musical group or business or, you know, a team or whatever, I mean, it's just things get much more complicated. And you need a wrangler in order to do that. And that's usually comes in the form of a manager or a coach or something like this. But we never we never had that. So it was just us as a band. So we kind of just always had a kind of democracy about how things were going to go. And, you know, I mean, me being always taking the lead on that kind of thing and kind of being the de facto manager of the band, you know, I like to think that, you know, for the most part, I I've always considered everybody else's feelings and I always ask people's opinion about things, the small things. I don't because I know they trust me on and they probably don't want to deal with anyway. But overall, I mean, it's it's a democratic thing. And we definitely developed a strong bond, especially in the early days of touring, because, I mean, the conditions were just so bad and we would really have to to band together to kind of get through some of these situations. And it's kind of, you know, when you're in a when you're in a horrible situation, it's a lot more comforting to look at, you know, your brother next to you who's traveled across the world with you. And, you know, we're there for each other. We're we're all in the same situation together. So it's hard to feel sorry for yourself when you know somebody that you that you care about a lot is going through the same situation. So I definitely think the bond of three made it much better. I think if we were a band of four or more people, there would have been guys that would have just quit way early on Back then.

Learning how to deal with each other's shit, smell each other's shit and everything else. But it it, you know, like it it makes you kind of like a gang, you know what I mean? It's like that kind of thing. It's like we're together and there's nobody that can fuck with us and, you know, pull us apart. But sometimes you don't need an outside thing to pull you apart. It's just something that comes from inside, an internal thing that happens.

And at this point, you know, I'm I'm really happy I made the right decision for myself. I know that. And I didn't want to hold the band back. I didn't want to be a naysayer anymore. I didn't want to project any of my negativity on the band. And you know that that's where we are. So I finished the rest of the year and didn't tell anybody about it. You know, we agreed that, you know, silence about this was probably in our best interest. And I agreed, you know, I get it. You know, I understand the kind of backlash you can get from a member leaving or the questions you're going to have to answer. And for me, you know, I totally just got off on social media. I'm not on Instagram. I've been on Facebook for years. I just didn't want to answer the same questions that people were going to ask me. And I don't care about social media anyway.

The reason for keeping this situation silent and within the band, there's a lot of reasons for it. You know, first of all, I'd like to say and I and I feel like like an asshole saying this, but I there is some kind of there is a lot of truth to it. And the one thing about this podcast is we just like to tell the truth. So it's nobody's fucking business, you know? I mean, this is our band, this is our life. We put everything into this and I know people think like they have a right to know, but it's not. It's our business and the way that we want to handle things is completely our choice. So let me just give let me be transparent, just give some reasons. So first of all, we have all these touring obligations, so we're not one of these bands that makes a public statement. Any time you do that with a PR company or you do it online or you do it on social media, it just opens up the floodgates to a ton of speculation, a bunch of rumors that aren't true, and the band having to having to answer, you know, it's like bands put out statements all the time and it's just never good enough for the fans. They're like, We need to know more or I don't believe this or this isn't true. And that's it's just gets into a sticky situation that we don't feel like we need to be in. So we wanted to fulfill the touring commitments. We we made an album with him. We wanted him to be in all the promotional assets for that music, videos, photos, etc.. You know, And the thing is, we had a new album coming out, so what are we going to do? Say, Oh, we have a new album coming out and our drummer is leaving. It's just it takes away all the hype and all of the effort from what we did. The three of us spent a lot of time and effort making, in our opinion, the best album the band's ever done. So we didn't want to distract anything from the album effort or the fact that Hey Night Demons back on the road and they're back with the new album. If you look in reality, we were back on the road. We killed it. As the lineup as that lineup with Dusty and we put out an album with him on it. So all of that is absolutely true and we didn't want to, you know, especially. I mean, look, there's like, legal stuff, too. We are a corporation. We have a business, we have record contracts. There was a lot of stuff that needed to happen. It wasn't an easy thing. We just walk away. It's kind of like a marriage. It's, you know, there's a lot of stuff involved here. So, you know, we just made an agreement with Dusty, like, Hey, you talk to your immediate family and like, we'll do the same and let's just go out there and kill it with good vibes. I mean, that's another thing, too. I mean, how how shitty would it have been on tour where it's like we're going to have to field questions face to face with fans every day about who's coming in the band or why are you leaving and all this stuff. As I'm sure he didn't want to deal with that shit either. So, you know, people just look at us differently on stage, like it's just one of those things. So I, I have no problem with the way we handled it. And the deal basically was like, look, once we play our first show with the new drummer, which was actually the day that the album came out this year, you know, then, you know, he's allowed to tell whoever he wants, you know, or make whatever statement, like, we don't care. But I you know, we kind of thought that the best way to do this would be just to use our podcast to do it and just get everything out there, kill any speculation about anything. All these guys hate each other or oh, there was there's bad blood or anything like that. It's just not the case. So I'm glad that we have this platform to be able to to tell our story. So for anybody that cares enough and really, you know, wants to know, I mean, here it is.

You know, I left the band when I felt it was the right time. And you know that after already saying that I verbally quit the band and I was already out, you know, there was a definite chemistry shift between us, I was still able to make it look like everything was fine. But, you know, clearly it wasn't. And, you know, I definitely separated myself a lot more. But also, you know, there was there was a lightheartedness to the band after I decided to quit and they knew that I was leaving and all that. So it wasn't a bad experience after the fact at all. You know, I think we did a really good job of of working together and still executing the game plan.

Yeah, I would say things were definitely different for the band during the year that, you know, we knew he was leaving. I mean, the shows were the shows were pretty great. But I would say there was a lot of times where, you know, we you know, the band's moving on, right? So there's a lot of times that, you know, Ahmad and I had to have band discussions about things. What we're doing the following year, what we're doing with the new record, etc. and. You know, or where, you know, the label comes to the gig or something, you know, or the press comes to the gigs, things like this. Fans talk about, you know, I'm so excited. When are you coming back? These kinds of things. And, you know, I could tell it was kind of uncomfortable for him. So I give him credit for for hanging in there and doing it throughout all that and despite all that stuff, you know, so. Yeah, there it was. It was a bit rough at times, you know. And there were also times where, you know, I could tell that he just didn't want to be there, which, which really sucked for us. But again, he did his job on stage and that's really that's really all we can ask at that point.

I know that I got to go out there and live my dream. You know, I got my experience far exceeded my expectations as far as where I was going to go as a drummer. Being from a small town in Pennsylvania, I got to go out there and do it. I got to see things that people could only wish that they'd get a chance to see. And, you know, I don't I wouldn't take it back for anything. I would do it again the same exact way. So I have no regrets. And I think that allows me to move forward in my life personally and be content with my decision to move forward. And not a day goes by that I regret making that decision. You know, even when I was on the road having to deal with the bullshit that happens on the daily, you know, I was like, Man, this is why I don't really want to be out here anymore, you know? Even though accommodations have gotten better for us over the years and all that and just it just wasn't it wasn't fulfilling my my person anymore. And, you know, nothing personal against those guys at all. You know, the only person that it came down to was me. And I had to really follow my heart and listen to my and listen to it, you know, where do I want to be? What makes me happy?

You know, like Dusty's path to rock and roll was, you know, a pretty cool one. He grew up in a very small town, the town that he, you know, returned to and now resides in again. And there's really nothing going on there. So for him to be able to kind of move to Philly and start a band, you know, the band New Liberty, you know, and then just coming out to California and basically just giving up everything they owned to to live the rock and roll dream. You know, he committed to that. And he did that for years in California. And the band fizzled out and didn't go anywhere. And he didn't give up there. You know, he joined our band right away and took a nine year journey with us. So as far as fulfilling the rock and roll dream, you know, that's a different level for everybody. Every every musician has a different idea of what that is, and it's very individual. So, you know, if he feels that that he has has fulfilled that that dream for himself, then that's great. And I'm happy that we could be such a big part of that. One cool thing that we did was, you know, his final show was Metal Hammer Paradise, a festival that we just flew in for in Germany. It was a one off for Metal Hammer magazine, and we played an amazing show. It was great. And, you know, kind of we all knew it was the last gig. So it was a kind of we I think we had a lot a lot more fun than we normally do. So, I mean, the show was tight, so it wasn't it wasn't a joke by any means or just a drunken free for all. But I could tell I think we enjoyed it. It's kind of like every song that we played. It's like, Well, this is the last time I'm going to play this song with this guy. So we really gave it our all. But we had a little party at the after the show, like a surprise going away party that I kind of tried to arrange some weeks before.

So that fest is pretty cool. Like they have a bunch of they have a big hotel, like on the grounds of the festival. So we got in there earlier during the day, I think during soundcheck and stuff like that. He was away from the room, so Jarvis had a bunch of a bunch of pictures printed out of him with us throughout the years. He decorated, put up like a, you know, one of those like happy birthday streamer kind of things, but modified it into our own special back handed way that all good fun.

Getting all of the moving pieces together. It was a bit difficult but we ended up doing it. Actually. Laura made a sign that said nine great years, but it said it in nine was spelled nine how you spell it in Germany, which is and I believe it's nine. So and nine in German means no. So that translated to no great years.

We had a cake made that was basically a snare drum with two sticks on the on the top of it. So that was pretty cool.

And then we had a cake made and it said, Beat it. So, you know, we were taking the piss. We were kind of making it a, you know, a joke and all this stuff just to kind of keep that keep the mood light.

Yeah, it was a real bittersweet, man. It was a great time. Just drank a bunch and, you know, listened to a bunch of music and, you know, maybe shed a couple of tears.

You know, we had some drinks and and listened to some tunes and had some fun. And it was just a really cool send off. And again, that's just something. It just goes to show like there are no hard feelings and we still want to have fun and we want to show him that, you know, we we appreciated his his time and his effort and the sacrifice in the band. And there's just no need to be bitter about anything, you know? I mean, we're all all in all I mean, we're all the band and and him personally. I mean, we're all actually in a much better place now that that this has happened. You don't know it at the time, But looking back on it now, I think we're all a lot happier.

But for the most part, it was just like, you know, we're doing this right and we're doing it in a happy way. You know, again, bittersweet. But, you know, we could easily just like left them high and dry out there and be like, All right, buddy, See you later. You know, that's it. But we wanted to send it off right, and do the right thing. So I think it'll be one of those moments that we'll always remember.

It really let me know that I made the right decision by not burning bridges with the band. And that was really important to me, you know, because I just didn't want to do that. It's not the kind of person I am, but it really showed that I was able to save face with the band and and got to party with some of my closest friends over the years. It was a really emotional time, you know, because even during that last show, you know, I had to fight back some tears and we were playing The Sun Goes Down at Metal Hammer Paradise, And, you know, just the way the words are in that song kind of hit home a bit.

I had to fight back the tears. I was able to get through the show and thought everything was fine. We loaded the trailer up and then the guys were like, Hey, come over and have a beer with us. And it was kind of like, weird, you know? I'm like, Why are they so adamant about me coming to having a beer, you know? But then there's a whole surprise party and, you know, the poison's nothing but a good time started. And, you know, as soon as I saw the pictures on the wall, you know, it really got emotional for me because it really put it into perspective of how much, how many great times we had and the amount of time and effort and sacrifice and all that that I put into the band. And to see a collage like that. And, you know, I broke down a lot during that party, you know, just because it was, you know, I knew it was over, you know, and I knew that that was it. So I think that's why it was so emotional for me. Plus, you know, you realize how many good times you have with these people. And, you know, you don't really think about all of that until you see it in front of you, you know, And it was a really great time. And I knew that that was it, you know, for us.

Yeah. And I mean, leaving on a record like Outsider where, you know, I mean, anybody can tell you that's listened to it is probably the best drumming that he's ever done in his life. So he's got to be really proud about that. And that's a good way to send it off and, you know, go out on top.

I think the outsider record is a good kind of benchmark for him to go out on. He was able to execute everything that that we envisioned when we were writing the songs, and I think it's a good it really shows the diversity of his drumming. And so in that aspect, it's definitely a high note for for him to go out on musically. When you're talking about his place in the discography of 90 Men.

I think, you know, doing the outsider record and doing the music videos and all of that was a great send off for me. I feel like I did the best that I could for the band and I feel like it was a great send off and and I did. I played really well and I'm really proud of the albums I did with the band. I'm proud of the live record. I'm proud of all the touring. I'm proud of everything that we did, and I wouldn't take it back for anything.

So all in all, I mean, I can't. I can't say how much or how important it was for for Dusty to be in Night Demon. It was a long journey. It was one that I honestly thought would never end. But it did. And all things do end. But yeah, you know, I'm just. I'm just grateful for his time in the band. You know, there were some rocky times, for sure. And I'm just really happy about, you know, all the things that we accomplished together. It was something that that nobody ever thought we could do. It's a choice that he made or that he wanted to make. And he he's happier being where he is now. And I'm just glad we're we're in the same place. So it's a kind of mutual respect and all is good.

And yeah, to sum it all up, man, I mean, fuck, he was in the band nine years. I've been in the band six years now or so. And but again, I feel like I've been in a band with that guy for fucking 12 years. You know, one of the best drummers, if not the best drummer I've ever played with in my career. I'll miss him. But you know, it's life. We got to move on and fucking send it off and do what's right for everybody and support each other and their decisions and, you know, keep things positive and hopefully we will reconvene at some point and do something cool together. I'm sure we will. But for now, it's time for the next chapter. Night of the Future. Here we go.

It's really great. I'm really happy. And I want to thank everybody for all of the great years and support and good times and beers and hell raising and long nights. I mean, who could ask for more? You know, I. I really, really thankful for everything. And Nesbitt, thank you so much for your effort in this podcast and the time that you put into it. And who knows, maybe in ten years or so or whenever we, you know, the band does a reunion or something, maybe they'll give me a phone call and I'll play an easy one. Maybe I'll do like saved me now or something, because by then I'll just look like Mickey Rourke from The Wrestler. I'll beat up and shit, but hopefully my carpal tunnel goes away with surgery and you know, I won't be in as much pain as I'm in right now. But yeah, thanks to everybody. And we'll see you down the road.
Prochains concerts:
Monty Burnes
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Monty Burnes »

Merci Denis pour la transcription ;) , comme tu disais plus haut, c'est rare autant de transparence et c'est tout à leur honneur.
Denis a écrit :
22 mai 2023, 12:37
En gros, il fait un burn-out, sa famille lui manque, il n'est plus motivé.
Et on le comprend parfaitement, mais putain fais chier quand même, il va manquer sacrément :,( :,( :,(
I lived in magic solitude of cloudy looking mountains...
Metal Witchcraft
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Pas étonnant, la vie sur la route c'est épuisant! Un chapitre se tourne pour Night Demon... avec cet album mi figue mi raisin et le départ... Merci Denis :)
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

Cette ambiance de malade ! (ou pas...)

Prochains concerts:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »