reformation de Mercyful Fate (line-up de "9")

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

perso j'attends plus le King Diamond, j'ai toujours trouvé que c'est resté de haut niveau avec même une préférence pour des albums comme The Graveyard, Voodoo ou House Of God. il est le boss pour les concepts albums horrifiques. Mercyful Fate me laisse plus indifférents effectivement, mis à part les monumentales premiers albums, j'attends pas de miracle particulier même si ça reste sympa+
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je serais un peu plus indulgent sur les albums post-reformation, mais c'est sûr qu'on était loin du niveau des premiers. Sans le line-up d'époque, et notamment sans Denner, je ne crois pas trop non plus aux miracles.

Sinon King pourrait fusionner ses 2 groupes et continuer avec 3 guitaristes, c'est dans l'ère du temps. ;)
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Re: reformation de Mercyful Fate (line-up de "9")

Message par jony »

Oui, je m'étais fait la réflexion. S'ils avaient envie que Mike Wead soit de la partie, ils auraient pu faire 3 guitaristes avec Denner...
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Re: reformation de Mercyful Fate (line-up de "9")

Message par heavy76 »

jony a écrit :
26 juin 2021, 17:59
Oui, je m'étais fait la réflexion. S'ils avaient envie que Mike Wead soit de la partie, ils auraient pu faire 3 guitaristes avec Denner...
Denner ne fait pas partie de la réformation, Mike Wead en fait partie.
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Oui, oui, c'est bien mon propos. S'ils voulaient absolument que Mike Wead soit de la partie pour faire le dernier line-up du groupe, je vois pas ce qui les empêchait de joindre Denner à la reformation. D'autant plus qu'il bossait avec Shermann sur Denner/Shermann.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Denner l'a encore mauvaise, et se sent trahi par Shermann qui n'a pas insisté pour qu'il soit présent, contrairement à sa promesse. Denner ne veut plus jamais avoir à faire avec son ex-acolyte.
Michael Denner says that it is "heartbreaking" for him to be excluded from MERCYFUL FATE's current reunion.

When it was announced in 2019 that the influential Danish heavy metal act would reunite for an unspecified number of concerts throughout Europe during the summer of 2020, it was revealed that MERCYFUL FATE's lineup for the shows would consist of King Diamond on vocals, Hank Shermann on guitar, Bjarne T. Holm on drums, Mike Wead on guitar and Joey Vera (ARMORED SAINT, FATES WARNING) on bass.

Denner, who was a member of MERCYFUL FATE's classic lineup, addressed his absence from the band's reunion in a brand new interview with Finland's Chaoszine. The guitarist said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "I [feel like] this is not my band anymore. I'm not part of it, because they didn't tell me; they didn't invite me. We didn't even have a discussion about it. So, of course, it took some time for me to digest it. It was quite painful, because I miss my friends from the '80s — I miss them. But not the people who [are] in the band today. I wish them the best. I mean, the better they play, the more records we can sell and the more money I will get in the end. Of course it's heartbreaking. And also to see and hear — they play my signature stuff. Most of the songs they play now is things I've done — I mean, my signature solos, my themes, my arrangements, my stuff. And it's another guy who plays. But then again, Mike Wead is a great guitarist, and he's still a good friend of mine. So if anyone should do the job, I'm glad it's him who did it, really. He can do the shit. That's some sort of comfort in all this agony and disappointment — that it's Mike Wead who plays. And that makes me feel good."

Regarding his relationship with King, Michael said: "The thing is me and King, we had a discussion some years ago. It was about a cover of a DENNER/SHERMANN album. Because the artist who did the artwork for the cover is [Swedish artist] Thomas Holm who did [MERCYFUL FATE's] 'Melissa' and 'Don't Break The Oath'. And, of course, his way of painting and stuff, it was a bit more than a bit similar to 'Melissa' and 'Don't Break The Oath', and King got upset and tried to stop the album. He did manage to stop — as I recall it — the merchandise side; t-shirt design and so on. I'm not a hundred percent sure [about] that, but that could be the story.

"Me and King are quite alike," he explained. "We don't turn the other cheek. I mean, two old assholes who don't wanna stretch the hand out and say, 'Okay, let bygones be bygones. Let's try to do this.' So we keep the disagreements and the enemy side of it. That's just sad. But with Hank, it was a different story because it came out of nowhere. We had a good teamwork going with DENNER/SHERMANN. And one of the last things Hank told me was, 'If we do a MERCYFUL FATE reunion, it should be with you and me. No question about it.' But of course, King, he has some strong will and some power behind it — Metal Blade Records and money; big salaries. So Hank chose to go that way and just leave me out in the cold. And [Hank and I] haven't spoken since, more or less. And that's a few years now. But then again, we've been a guitar team since the late '70s — that's a long, long time — and the friendship. And it's like telepathy. You know exactly which guy should play what parts and we know each other like it's in the pocket. But he chose to go that way, and I couldn't live with that. So we don't talk anymore. But I wish him the best — I wish him just the best of luck in the future. But his future will be without me."

Asked if he thinks there is still a chance that he will one day reconnect with Hank, Michael said: "Not in a million years. That will never happen — never. It's just the end of it, because I could never trust this guy again. He broke my heart and he stabbed me in the back. But still, I miss my old friend; I miss my guitar partner. But I will never take a chance again, trusting this guy, when he could do the thing he did. I will never be safe. So I feel sorry for me and I feel sorry for him. It's a loss. That's the way life goes. You have to carry on."
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Non, mais les feux de l'amour là !!!
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

King lui répond à moitié, on comprend qu'il préfère avoir Mike Wead dans le line-up, certes techniquement sans doute plusieurs crans au-dessus de Denner, en plus ils se connaissent très bien puisque Wead joue dans King Diamond. Mais bon, c'est Denner que les fans voulaient voir...
Asked in a new interview with Creem magazine why Denner isn't involved in the MERCYFUL FATE reunion, King said: "There are reasons Michael Denner and [drummer] Kim Ruzz are simply not here. I know that Michael Denner did an interview recently, and I'm not going to get into it, but he said a lot of things that are absolutely not true. I could go into a lot of details about the reasons that this is not a lineup with him in it, or Kim Ruzz in it. I don't want to say anything bad about anybody, but you can't say, 'Hey, I should have played there.' Why? Should I throw out a band member that is absolutely perfect for the band, that goes all out for the band all the time, no matter what? And his skill is beyond anything I played with on that spot in the band? There's no way that he's going to get fired because someone else is suddenly interested in the band. That's completely wrong. There's no way I would ever treat anyone like that."

King went on to say that it has been "very cool and a lot of fun" to play with MERCYFUL FATE again, but he clarified: "People have misunderstood what we are doing now. This is not a reunion. We are just picking it up again because the stars are aligned correctly now. And that's been the thing all the time. Before when people asked, 'Do you think you're going to play with MERCY again?' I would never say never. But it's got to be completely right. I don't want to go out there and try to milk a cow and do a show with the backdrop and then collect and say, 'That was that.' That's not right. And Hank has the same philosophy. Either we do it 200 precent, or we don't do it."
heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par heavy76 »

Je ne sais pas ce que cela aurait donné avec denner et kim ruzz mais ce que j’ai constaté en visionnant le concert du wacken c’est que la formation actuelle est exceptionnelle et cela suffit à mon bonheur. En espérant une tournée en salle après le nouvel album en 2023, le nouveau titre « The jackal of Salzburg » était excellent et très prometteur.
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

C'est vrai qu'il a toujours été dit que Mercyful Fate était en pause. M'enfin les chansons choisies en live font plutôt penser à une réunion qu'une continuité. De même, ça fait plus pour satisfaire les fans, parce qu'ils jettent du coup une quinzaine d'années de carrière à la poubelle. Dans ce cas pourquoi ne pas prendre un 3ème guitariste?
Enfin bon, on pourra dire ce qu'on veut, on est pas à la place des mecs pour juger. Ce qui est dommage finalement, c'est toutes ses interviews et règlements de compte interposés.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

jony a écrit :
09 août 2022, 10:22
Dans ce cas pourquoi ne pas prendre un 3ème guitariste?
Trop cher. :D

Mais c'était clairement la meilleure solution, si le problème était le refus de King de "virer" / remplacer Mike Wead (dont il a besoin pour son groupe solo).
Maiden l'ont fait, Helloween aussi.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

A noter qu'il devrait y avoir un album de Mercyful Fate finalement, mais après celui de King Diamond (qui n'est toujours pas terminé).
“We’re working on it. Brian Slagel at Metal Blade said he wants the King Diamond album to be released first. We’re not going to change things just because everything has been postponed, and now it’s Mercy playing live. [King Diamond guitarist] Andy [LaRocque] sent me eight songs of his for the King Diamond album, but that’s maybe enough for his share for two albums. The story will be over two albums.”
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Le Mercyful Fate va finir par sortir avant le King Diamond du coup !
Vu l'actualité de MF en ce moment ça peut se comprendre
Concernant l'histoire Denner/Diamond et Shermann du coup vu qu'il est mis en cause par Denner, on ne connaît pas tout donc c'est vraiment compliqué de dire qui à tort ou raison, le King n'est pas un gars facile et Denner n'est pas un gars facile non plus donc ça peut être compliqué quoi....
La chose qui me chagrine un peu c'est d'entendre Denner dire qu'à aucun moment il n'a été informé que quoi que se soit concernant Mercyful Fate..,
Un petit coup de fil pour lui expliquer qu'il ne fait pas partie du projet pour x raisons....
Enfin bref entre ressentiment personnel et le business
Tout ça est bien dommage, comme beaucoup de monde j'aurais adoré voir la paire Denner/Shermann à l'oeuvre !
Mais Mike Wead est un excellent guitariste et le Line up actuel fait vraiment très mal donc bon on verra bien ce que tout ça va donner !
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Le concert de Los Angeles du 29/10/2022 en intégralité ! :amour: :bang: :banghorns: :bow: l

heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par heavy76 »

La nouvelle bassiste est très bonne musicalement et très jolie aussi!
Cruchot jr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Cruchot jr »

Pfff, aucun titre post-80s, sauf la nouvelle composition, peu emballante, que personne en salle n'a du retenir... C'est vraiment regrettable d'ignorer certains de leurs albums qui possèdent des chansons fantastiques. Ce serait l'occasion de rendre curieux les fans bloqués dans les années 80s ; mais le groupe semble l'être aussi...
I pledge to keep it alive ! I promise: metal will thrive !
I swear myself to the cause ! I'll teach all the metal laws !

http://defender.metal-live.com/viewtopi ... =9&t=18665
heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par heavy76 »

Et bien moi, le nouveaux titre, The Jackal of Salzburg, je le trouve très bon et les titres joués sont excellents. C’est vrai qu’ils pourraient jouer d’autres titres à tour de rôle mais je suis déjà trop content de leur réformation et j’attends le nouvel album avec impatience.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe écrit des chansons (en plus de celle déjà connue), donc la sortie future d'un album devient probable.
“That’s a really good question, because I really don’t know, other than that I have at least eight or nine songs ready to be worked on. We already have three songs worked out, out of those, and the drums for ‘The Jackal of Salzburg’ are recorded. I would also say it probably depends on what the reaction is from [the fall 2022] U.S. tour.”
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Joey Vera (basse) a quitté le groupe, en bons termes.
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

D'ailleurs je suis un peu déçu de ne voir ni le King ni Mercyful Fate à l'affiche des fests d'été...
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

pfff désespérant... à chaque fois que je clique sur ce topic c'est en espérant y lire la date d'un futur album... et nan. toujours rien.
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par heavy76 »

On dit que plus c'est long plus c'est bon donc l'album devrait être exceptionnel
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Joey Vera est remplacé fort logiquement par Becky Baldwin, qui avait assuré la basse sur la dernière tournée.

Répondre