Manowar

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En prévision de leur prochain concert en Grèce, le groupe a enregistré une chanson basée sur l'Odyssée d'Homère (30 ans après celle basée sur l'Illiade...), avec plusieurs narrateurs en grec ancien. Le chanteur de Rotting Christ fait partie du projet (traduction), qui sera intégré au prochain album.

https://www.rockpages.gr/joey-demaio-wo ... m/?lang=en
MANOWAR will return to Greece next June for a headlining performance at the Release Athens 2022 festival at Plateia Nerou.

In a press conference held in Athens, MANOWAR bassist Joey DeMaio announced that the band will bring a crushing new production, killer setlist and a special gift for the Greek fans to commemorate a truly outstanding year in music history.

As metal fans will know, 2022 marks the 30th year since the release of "The Triumph Of Steel". With this album, MANOWAR surprised its fans with the over-28-minute-long track "Achilles, Agony And Ecstasy In Eight Parts", inspired by Homer's ancient Greek poem "The Iliad". In celebration of this memorable anniversary and as a "thank you" for the steadfast and passionate support of the Greek Manowarriors, MANOWAR has now taken on "The Odyssey", Homer's tale of the great hero Odysseus and his long and perilous quest to return to his wife and son.

"We are extremely excited to return to Greece and sharing our tribute to this country's amazing past," said DeMaio. "The welcome we received at Release Athens 2019 was fantastic as always. That show, and being surrounded by Greece's unique culture and history again inspired us to revisit Homer, as we had long planned."

For this project, MANOWAR went to great lengths: not only did they record a song titled "The Revenge Of Odysseus" for their upcoming new studio album, DeMaio also traveled to Athens to record a narration with father-and-son team Kostas and Konstantinos Kazakos. Kostas, hailed in Greece for his participation in many movies and as an accomplished theater actor and writer, and his son Kostantinos, who is also a talented actor, narrated a touching dialogue between Odysseus and his son Telemachus. And to honor the historic source material, they did so in Ancient Greek, translated from English by Sakis Tolis of Greek metal band ROTTING CHRIST.

"It was a pleasure and privilege to work with Kostas and Konstantinos, Sakis and everyone else who was involved in this narration," said DeMaio. "I call Kostas 'the Greek Orson Welles', not only because these two giants share many remarkable talents and outstanding voices, but also for being equally passionate to deliver a perfect narration while being humble and kind at the same time! We can't wait to share everything with our fans."

A behind-the-scenes peek into the making of the narration for "The Revenge Of Odysseus" from the upcoming MANOWAR album can be seen below.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
seb16trs
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par seb16trs »

La fin des resucées fort peu utiles de leurs albums classiques? et la remise des guitares au râtelier repoussée donc? :amour:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe va publier des vidéos live inédites pour patienter.

Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

MisaMisa :true:
Prochains concerts:
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

C'est marrant il n'y a quasiment aucun plan sur Joey De Maio! :D
Et plus de plans sur le public que sur le groupe. :scratch:
Sinon Adams assure encore bien je trouve :up: :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Pauvre guitariste qu'on entend que pendant le solo. Ce groupe n'a plus d'âme, dommage.
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

C'est clair que ces plans sont bien pétés. Voir un live de ManOwaR sans DeMaio..? Mais que devient ce monde ? Ou bien aurait-il honte d'avoir fui le Hellfest ? :lol:
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Je ne suis même pas sûr qu'il connaisse ce mot. :P
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
seb16trs
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par seb16trs »

olivier64 a écrit :
12 févr. 2022, 00:07
Pauvre guitariste qu'on entend que pendant le solo. Ce groupe n'a plus d'âme, dommage.
Ils ronronnent. Pour moi l'apothéose a été atteint en 1992.

Il faut croire que la plupart des vieux groupes finissent par ne plus être créatifs...
seb16trs
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par seb16trs »

demes a écrit :
15 févr. 2022, 19:41
Je ne suis même pas sûr qu'il connaisse ce mot. :P
Narhdin'Sheitan!

Ils ont osé fuir le pèlerinage à la Sainte Vile les hérétiques! :diable:
seb16trs
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par seb16trs »

Mc Brain a écrit :
11 févr. 2022, 17:58
C'est marrant il n'y a quasiment aucun plan sur Joey De Maio! :D
Et plus de plans sur le public que sur le groupe. :scratch:
Sinon Adams assure encore bien je trouve :up: :bang:
Bien sûr! J'avais lu ici que ce chanteur était sous-estimé. Et le public leur reste fidèle.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sympa cette version.

seb16trs
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par seb16trs »

C'est un excellent chanteur, non seulement c'est la même voix en studio et en live, mais elle n'a pas bougé d'un iota en trente piges...
Metal Witchcraft
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Metal Witchcraft »

ça s'appelle le playback ça, non ? XD
seb16trs
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par seb16trs »

Avec Manowar, forcément :bah:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Joey en vacances au Pôle Nord.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe change de batteur, car Anders Johannson quitte le groupe pour raisons familiales.
Il est remplacé par le batteur de RAVEN.

Drummer Anders Johannson has announced that he will be unable to join MANOWAR on the band's upcoming "Crushing The Enemies Of Metal Anniversary Tour '22/'23" due to "family commitments." He will be replaced on the trek by Dave Chedrick, who has previously played with RAVEN and KILL RITUAL, among others.

Earlier today (Saturday, June 4), Anders issued the following statement via social media: "Hello friends. Family commitments make it necessary that I remain as close as possible to my home in Sweden at this time. I will therefore not be able to perform on MANOWAR's upcoming tour.

"The support from MANOWAR, their crew and fans has been overwhelming from the beginning. Everyone involved has welcomed me into their hearts without hesitation, and I have made friends for life.

"Thank you all for the great times.

"Hail and Kill!"

In a separate statement, MANOWAR band leader and bassist Joey DeMaio said: "Anders is a rare combination of intelligence, kindness, humor and talent. It has been a pleasure working with him. He is part of our brotherhood, now and forever! We support his commitment to his family."

Based in Los Angeles, Chedrick has been a metal addict his entire life. Early influences include John Bonham, Neil Peart and, most of all, late MANOWAR drummer Scott Columbus. An accomplished studio musician, Dave is praised for his professionalism, easy-going spirit, and willingness to always go the extra mile in the quest for the perfect sound.

DeMaio said: "Dave's drumming is a combination of speed, power and the spirit of true metal that we believe our fans will enjoy."

Added Chedrick: "The Manowarriors are legendary. I am honored that I will be playing for the greatest fans in the world!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'ai déplacé la conversation sur les concerts dans un topic de Hell on Stage ;)

viewtopic.php?p=1001603

Voici le EP, qui ne semble contenir qu'une partie des enregistrements évoqués plus haut :
MANOWAR has just released a new digital EP, "The Revenge Of Odysseus (Highlights)", via Magic Circle Entertainment.

For this project, which is based on "The Odyssey", Homer's tale of the great hero Odysseus and his long and perilous quest to return to his wife and son, MANOWAR went to great lengths: bassist/leader Joey DeMaio traveled to Athens to record a narration with father-and-son team Kostas and Konstantinos Kazakos. Kostas, hailed in Greece for his participation in many movies and as an accomplished theater actor and writer, and his son Kostantinos, who is also a talented actor, narrated a touching dialogue between Odysseus and his son Telemachus. And to honor the historic source material, they did so in Ancient Greek, translated from English by Sakis Tolis of Greek metal band ROTTING CHRIST.

"It was a pleasure and privilege to work with Kostas and Konstantinos, Sakis and everyone else who was involved in this narration," DeMaio said. "I call Kostas 'the Greek Orson Welles', not only because these two giants share many remarkable talents and outstanding voices, but also for being equally passionate to deliver a perfect narration while being humble and kind at the same time! We can't wait to share everything with our fans."

"The Revenge Of Odysseus (Highlights)" track listing:

01. Athena's Theme (00:57)
02. Telemachus - Part I (with Konstantinos Kazakos and Sakis Tolis) (Ancient Greek) (02:42)
03. Where Eagles Fly (with Chiara Tricarico) (03:27)
04. Odysseus and Calypso - The Island of Ogygia (with Kostas Kazakos) (Ancient Greek) (00:45 )
05. Immortal

Asked in a December 2021 interview with Metal Hammer Greece's TV show "TV War" if the next MANOWAR release was going to be a full-length album or if it will be the previously planned follow-up to 2019's "The Final Battle I" EP, Joey said: "That's a very good question. You're the first person to ask that. And right now, I truly don't know what is coming next, because we had the inspiration to write this song, which I was thinking could be a very long normal song — like maybe 10 minutes — 'The Revenge Of Odysseus'. And it just got out of hand — it just kept growing and growing. It started out with, 'Maybe it'll just be in English.' Then it was, 'Maybe it'll be in Greek.' And then it became not just Greek — ancient Greek. And then something like famous narrators. And then it became, 'No, we're gonna take one of the most famous, if not the most famous actor in Greece.' And then his son is gonna play the part of Telemachus. And it just got bigger and bigger and bigger. And now, when they came into the studio here in Athens and recorded, it just turned out so amazing. And now I'm stuck with a big problem — there's so much incredible stuff that these guys performed… So the reality, just hearing words has given me the challenge, now how can I match this great performance with music that's gonna be worthy of these beautiful, beautiful performances? So, it's a big fucking problem. So I'm looking forward to getting back into the studio and trying to serve this in the best way that I can."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vidéo d'une des nouvelles chansons :

Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

La chanson écolo, ça recycle pas mal :D
Prochains concerts:
seb16trs
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par seb16trs »

C'est mou! Où diable sont passées les envolées sanglantes?
Cruchot jr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Cruchot jr »

Mounowar..... :,(
I pledge to keep it alive ! I promise: metal will thrive !
I swear myself to the cause ! I'll teach all the metal laws !

http://defender.metal-live.com/viewtopi ... =9&t=18665
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

J adore apprendre l anglais avec mounowar c est easy :D
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Denis a écrit :
27 nov. 2022, 15:14