Pantera

Les artistes du présent ou du passé : débats, albums/carrière, découvertes...

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Pantera j'ai jamais trop aimé. Mis à part l'album Cowboys From Hell (je ne connais pas les albums précédents ...). A partir de Vulgar Display Of Power ça devient de la bouillie avec des gueulantes. Ce n'est que mon point de vue cela va sans dire.
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Chacal a écrit :C'est ton point, moi Walk je suis fan :P
Oué mais c'est parce que t'es pas fan de metal :(
ImageImageImage
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

C'est vrai, je suis fan de LEMETAL et de LEGLAM aussi :D :D :D
KYLEN
Friend Of Alice Cooper
Friend Of Alice Cooper

Message par KYLEN »

Rha Pantera c'était un des plus grands groupes du monde, un putain de combo de la mort !

Si je devais retenir qu'une chose des 90's musicalement ce serais sûrement Pantera (et Skid Row), merde mais : Cowboyz, Vulgar display et Far beyond quelle classe !!! Sans parler du live 101 proff cultissime !!! Un des seuls groupes ayant apporté quelque chose de bien au genre des ces 10 années de merdes ...

Pantera Pantera Pantera !
ImageImage
Krabathora
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Krabathora »

Pantera, c'est pas un peu trop brutal pour toi, Kylen ? :diable:
"One for one
And none for all
Piece no peace
And FUCK YOU ALL !!!"

(G//Z/R "Drive Boy Shooting")
metalion
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par metalion »

Pantera c'est le groupe avec sepultura et machine head probablement qui a su maintenir le metal envie dans les années 90's lorskil ya eu 7 déferlante grunge qui a innondé le monde du rock. Pantera pour moi ça restera à coup sur cow boys from hell, vulgar et far beyond driven. A partir de 95, phil anselmo ne semblait + du tout concerné par le groupe et les albums qui suivent s'en ressentent. Le mec beugle avec une haine déchirante, les paroles deviennent + crus et le style musical vire completemen d bord et forcémen devien - raffiné. C'est vraiment un groupe ki compte parmi mes favoris. Pantera=culte!! :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur ancienne manageuse raconte la fracture de communication entre Anselmo et le reste du groupe à la fin des années 90 :
Guitar World: How do you think the growing rift between [singer] Phil Anselmo and the rest of [PANTERA] in the late Nineties affected Dimebag in particular?

Zide Davis: From Dime's perspective, I think it was hard for him to understand how you can be in a band with someone, and one day they're great and they're your buddy, and then all of sudden they're dark and not the person they were for the last 10 years. I think for Dime, in particular, it was really hard. He and Philip had been really close. And they were also the two main creative people — a lot of the interaction in the band in that regard was between the two of them. All of a sudden it was like Philip was on another planet.

Guitar World: Following the aborted tour for "Reinventing The Steel" in 2001, was there ever a point where you felt you were close to getting Phil and the band together again?

Zide Davis: Unfortunately, no. I don't think that moment ever existed. I literally spent the years from 2001 to 2003 trying all that I could with Concrete to get them to communicate. But numerous conference calls and other things were set up, and Philip never responded — or in some cases he responded in the press rather than actually just communicating with the rest of us. So I don't believe it would have been fixable. Twenty years down the line, who knows? But when people say, "If Dime had lived, do you think PANTERA would have gotten back together?" I would have to say, from the point that I know Vinnie [Paul Abbott, Dimebag's brother and former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer] and Dime were at when Dime was killed, no.

Guitar World: When Dime and Vinnie formed DAMAGEPLAN, do you feel it was with the intent that there was no going back to PANTERA?

Zide Davis: I believe their intention was for DAMAGEPLAN to be their band for the rest of their lives. I saw them play twice with that band, and it was really endearing to me, because there had been a point in time where they didn't know if they would ever play again. They had been burned, and hard. Dime picked up the pieces and he moved on. But it wasn't easy, and I think he was very clear about the fact that it wasn't easy.

Guitar World: Do you think they always hoped that one day PANTERA would reunite?

Zide Davis: Sometime toward the latter half of 2003 I remember having a conversation with Dime where he said, "I'm officially finished. I'm picking up and I'm moving on." Until then, he and Vinnie hadn't been able to move on. They felt very stuck in a pattern that just went around in circles. And it wasn't until they were both at peace with the fact that PANTERA was done that they started doing DAMAGEPLAN.

Guitar World: Is there still no interaction between Phil and Vinnie?

Zide Davis: There is not. And I don't believe there ever will be. And truthfully, I don't know if they would be interacting even if Dime hadn't been murdered. But his death sealed it. I don't think Vinnie will ever be able to communicate with Philip again, and I don't really blame him on a lot of levels
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Ah ben tiens, j'allais dire que dans Guitar World y'a un hommage à Dimebag justement, mais vu d'où vient l'interview, je pense que tu as remarqué ! :D :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En effet. ;)

Comme à chaque date anniversaire de sa mort il y a pas mal d'articles et d'interviews dans la presse et sur le net à son sujet.
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

KYLEN a écrit : Si je devais retenir qu'une chose des 90's musicalement ce serais sûrement Pantera (et Skid Row),
Moi pareil sauf Pantera .... :oops:
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
jerome83
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

PANTERA "cowboys from hell" repris par des gosses...

Message par jerome83 »

Modifié en dernier par jerome83 le 16 mars 2010, 18:36, modifié 1 fois.
Set
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Set »

:rock: Excellent !
Follow The Signs ...
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Ils assurent les minots! :up:
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

c'est horrible... Où est la folie? Où est l'excitation? On dirait des robots! :beurk:
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Ce sont des gosses qui apprennent quoi, je trouve ça plutôt marrant même si c'est assez "sage" justement ;)

Quand tu connais la difficulte d'apprendre un instrument a un gamin (en general, maintenant y en a toujours qui sortent du lot) je trouve qu'ici ca joue propre et en place et c'est déjà pas mal.

Le p'tit gars qui chante a déjà un beau timbre de voix :)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

ouais c'est plutôt sympa, et puis le chant n'est pas une copie de Anselmo, et je trouve que ça a son charme !
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vinnie Paul indique que tous les albums de Pantera auront leur "réédition 20ème anniversaire", pas seulement Cowboys from Hell.
Legendary US southern trend-killers PANTERA are celebrating the original release of Cowboys From Hell with a 20th Anniversary Edition due out on September 14th via Rhino. An Ultimate Edition of the album will be available on November 23rd. BraveWords.com spoke with drummer Vinnie Paul (HELLYEAH) about the landmark release and he revealed that all Pantera albums will be treated similarly.

"We plan on doing this with all the Pantera releases as they come up on the 20th year," Paul mentioned while discussing the Cowboys From Hell anniversary. Which means 1992's Vulgar Display Of Power is up next. "We've got two years to go for that," he laughs, "but I know that it's already in motion and there's another track that we discovered that we never put on the record. It will have one more jam that nobody has ever heard. We were always a band that believed when it came to song-writing it was all about quality and not quantity. A lot of bands would write 40 songs to see if they have ten good ones to put on the record. We wrote what was on the record - ten or eleven and that was it. We rarely had any extras and that's why there hasn't been any hidden b-sides or anything like that. 'The Will To Survive' (one of the unreleased tracks on the Cowboys From Hell 20th Anniversary) came up and then this other one that's going to be included on the Vulgar package. So there will be something new on there that people haven't heard."
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Ah ? Mais les 2 premiers albums n'en ont pas eu me semble-t-il ? :diable:
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bizarrement ouais :lol:

Mais ça ne serait pas de refus. :oui: Même si ça n'arrivera pas...
metalion
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par metalion »

Non comme tu dis. Mais sinon pour ce qui est des remasters c'est une très bonne nouvelle car pour ma part je pense que cow boys et vulgar peuvent rendre bien en réédition. A près tout dépend de ce que ça peut apporter de nouveau. :bang: :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

2 reprises par un groupe constitué juste pour l'occasion de Phil Anselmo, Kerry King, Scott Ian, Frank Bello, Dave Ellefson, Mike Portnoy et Charlie Benante.

chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Il va bientôt monter un groupe avec Tim Owens le Portnoy à ce rythme-là :D
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

un titre inédit qui date de Vulgar Display of Power

Incroyable qu'un titre comme ça ne soit pas sur l'album :o

Faut se dépêcher de l'écouter parce qu’apparemment ils ont viré pas mal de vidéo sur youtube
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

Ah tiens, ils ont repris ce riff pour le break d'une chanson sur Far Beyond Driven ("Use my Third Arm"); ça me rappelle le "Fight for your Life" de JUDAS PRIEST qui donnera plus tard "Rock Hard Ride Free".

Excepté le riff, ce titre n'est quand même pas bien terrible...
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

J'ai dû l'écouter 5 fois dans la journée et je trouve qu'il bute tout ce titre :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une vidéo plus ou moins officielle a été faite pour cet inédit. Autant je trouve la chanson très correcte (je ne suis pas un fan à la base non plus), autant le clip je m'abstiendrai de commenter. :D

Ce titre apparaitra sur la réédition anniversaire de Vulgar Display of Power (détail plus bas).

While combing the PANTERA vaults for the 20th anniversary reissue of "Vulgar Display Of Power", drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott made an astounding discovery: "Piss", an incendiary blast of vintage PANTERA from the original recording sessions that had long been forgotten. After 20 years, "Piss" finally made its debut yesterday (Wednesday, April 11), when the newly created video for the song premiered at the Revolver Golden Gods awards in Los Angeles, which was broadcast live on Xbox Live, as well as on the Xbox and Revolver Facebook pages. The song was then released to radio outlets and all digital music retailers. PANTERA is also the subject of a Revolver special issue, which hits newsstands everywhere on April 15.

For the "Piss" video, PANTERA, which can be seen below, put out a call through their Facebook page for fans to submit home videos of them rocking out to the band or attend a video shoot in Los Angeles. The resulting video is an amazing collection of fans of all ages, from around the world, moshing, jumping, punching, kicking, and just plain rocking out to PANTERA. The video, directed by Zach Merck, also features some amazing slow-motion shots that recreate the face punch from the iconic cover of "Vulgar Display Of Power".

"'Piss' is the only unheard complete PANTERA track in existence, "said Vinnie. "It was recorded at the same time as 'Vulgar Display Of Power' and it's 100 percent PANTERA with attitude and our signature groove! After mixing it, I can't believe it didn't make the record! So it's 2012 and 20 years later and new PANTERA music has been delivered."

In anticipation of the reissue of one of the greatest metal albums of all time, PANTERA's 1992 masterpiece "Vulgar Display Of Power", Revolver magazine has created a PANTERA special issue, which includes the whole story of the band, an in-depth look at the making of "Vulgar", fallen guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott's final interview, and more.

Revolver will host a release party for the issue on April 12 at the Key Club in West Hollywood, California. Plus, cover illustrator Tim Bradstreet will be on hand to sign copies of the issue. Providing the soundtrack for the evening will be members of SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX, ADRENALINE MOB, and some very special guests, who will all be putting on the "Metal Masters 3" clinic for musicians, presented by Samson, Zoom, and Hartke.

February 25 marked the 20-year anniversary for PANTERA's "Vulgar Display Of Power", a landmark album widely acknowledged as one of metal's most enduring and influential masterworks. Recorded by singer Philip Anselmo, guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, bassist Rex Brown and drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, the album has been certified double platinum by the RIAA and features several of the group's most iconic songs including "Walk", "Mouth For War", "This Love" and "Fucking Hostile".

To celebrate, Rhino channels the album's relentless blitzkrieg of musical aggression onto a two-disc Deluxe Edition. The CD includes the original album remastered and "Piss", a recently discovered unreleased track from the recording sessions. The DVD contains an unreleased live performance filmed in Italy in September of 1992 plus the three official music videos from the album.

Due out May 15, 2012 from Rhino, the CD/DVD set will be available at retail outlets, including Pantera.com and Rhino.com, for a suggested list price of $19.98. A version of the release will also be available digitally.

Along with the unreleased song, "Vulgar Display Of Power (Deluxe Edition)" also features unreleased video of the quartet performing six songs at the Monsters Of Rock show in Reggio Emilia, Italy on September 12, 1992. The set list draws almost exclusively from "Vulgar" ("This Love", "Rise", "Mouth For War"), but also includes the title track from their previous album, "Cowboys From Hell", and a melding of "Vulgar"'s "Hollow" and "Cowboys"' "Domination", which was a live staple of the band. Video of PANTERA performing live during this era is extremely rare, making the DVD one of the few ways to see them in their prime.

"Vulgar Display Of Power (Deluxe Edition)" track listing:

CD

* "Mouth For War"
* "A New Level"
* "Walk"
* "Fucking Hostile"
* "This Love"
* "Rise"
* "No Good (Attack The Radical)"
* "Live In A Hole"
* "Regular People (Conceit)"
* "By Demons Be Driven"