Moonspell : nouvel album "1755" chanté en portugais

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce serait un concept basé sur le grand tremblement de terre survenu à Lisbonne en 1755 :
Spark TV, which is part of the Czech monthly magazine Spark, recently conducted an interview with vocalist Fernando Ribeiro of Portuguese metallers MOONSPELL. You can now watch the chat below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On MOONSPELL's plans for the follow-up to 2015's "Extinct" album:

Fernando: "We're always working. We like to keep ourselves busy. And we like to tap into when we are creative. And 'Extinct' was something we did and definitely took it on the road. But after a couple of months, I had another idea, of something completely different, and we're probably going to make it into just an EP, just an experience and a concept. We're probably going to do a five-song EP that we're going to record, actually, after we play at Brutal Assault and Metal On the Hill and then Vagos Metal Fest in Portugal. And then on Monday, we go to the studio. I mean, we could go to the beach, but it's not really what we do or our style, so we're going to start recording. The drums are already ready."

On what MOONSPELL is planning to do differently on the upcoming EP:

Fernando: "The particular thing about this that will be different, it's gonna be a concept EP, and it's going to be sung entirely in Portuguese, which is something we wanted to do. I know people abroad will react to it, but I always also look up to examples like, for instance, SÓLSTAFIR; they sing in Icelandic. So it's not a problem for the fans. There are many other bands that sing using their native language. It's not that we're gonna do this in the future, but it's something that, artistically, we think it has its value. And you never know. I think it will be another thing after 'Extinct' to surprise people, because it doesn't have much to do with 'Extinct'. It's an album we are doing about a particular thing, so it's gonna sound more like that particular thing."

On the lyrical concept of the upcoming EP:

Fernando: "Well, it's simple. It's just going to about the great disaster that happened in Lisbon in the 18th Century, the great Lisbon earthquake. I always was very fascinated about the apocalypse, the end of things, and we had this experience in the 18th Century, in 1755, and it really affected not only by the destruction and the death toll — it was very high, and it was probably one of the biggest earthquakes ever to occur on European soil — but it also influenced the way people looked at Gods, at religion, the way Europe changed. And it was tragic and traumatic, but the earthquake was the birth of a more modern Portugal, a Portugal that actually would enjoy a period of prosperity after, and the Portugal that was, before the earthquake, just going down and lost in vice and corruption and greed. So I think it makes for an interesting subject, and it makes it even more interesting if I do it in Portuguese, because it happened there."

On the musical direction of the material that will appear on the new MOONSPELL EP:

Fernando: "It's not that gothic, I have to say. I think it's a more metal album. As the subject is an earthquake, it's definitely a little bit more brutal. But it still has the touch of MOONSPELL and it also has a more symphonic touch here and there. I'm not even really singing with my melodic vocals, just screaming."

On whether MOONSPELL will once again incorporate some of the oriental music elements — like they did on "Extinct" — on the upcoming EP:

Fernando: "I think it's a big influence in our music. And also, the idea behind this EP is to capture a certain feeling and a certain spirit of that time — people in the streets of Lisbon and people living their lives. And Lisbon, at the time, was a big metropolis, and it was populated by a lot of people — from Muslim people to people from Africa, new people from Brazil, Portuguese people, English people, French people… a lot of people, because Lisbon was the epicenter of many of the maritime dealing and commerce. So we are using these oriental things, because that was the stuff that people listened to in the streets as well, and that's important. We will not work with the same people as on 'Extinct', 'cause 'Extinct' is a full-on album, so we had more money to invest, etc. It's an EP, so it's lower budget, more modest production. But sometimes you just use your imagination. So I think that part, it's totally covered and it's going to be a bit different from 'Extinct', but it will have these feelings, definitely, on these new songs, because it's the feeling of the Portugal at the time as well."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/moonsp ... l6aqfgP.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce n'est plus un EP mais un album!
heavylaw a écrit :Moonspell est actuellement en phase de pré production pour son nouvel album, qui sortira plus tard en cette année 2017. Cet opus se nomme 1755, en référence au terrible tremblement de terre survenu cette année là, et qui détruisit la ville de Lisbonne. A noter que toutes les chansons seront chantées en… portugais !

We fell in love with the concept and made perfect sense to sing it in our national language, Portuguese. I guess we were just waiting for the right opportunity to work on such an album. Musically it will be heavier than Extinct. It will be earthshaking but also very detailed with orchestrations and percussion as we want people to relive the Lisbon of the 18th century. Singing it in Portuguese, allowed me to find a different expression as a vocalist and my job is to be the survivor of the Earthquake, roaming the ruins and telling you all about it
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

J'attends le premier morceau mais je pense me laisser tenter, je trouve sa voix bien plus prenante en portugais qu'en anglais (mais je le considère aussi comme la voix numéro 1 du rock/metal). J'espère que l'album sortira avant le Summer Breeze, pour voir ce que donne le live.

Hâte d'écouter ça! :up: :up:
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en novembre.
MOONSPELL will release "1755" on November 3 via Napalm Records. The disc is a Portuguese-language album about the 1755 Lisbon earthquake, also known as the Great Lisbon earthquake, which occurred in the Kingdom of Portugal. In combination with subsequent fires and a tsunami, the earthquake almost totally destroyed Lisbon and adjoining areas.

The Portuguese metallers have described the effort as "a poetic, musical and philosophical reflection of the band about the tragic event that took place on the 1st of November of 1755 in Lisbon, decimating the entire city.

"It's mostly a metal record, with vibrant riffs, epic orchestration and vocals and lyrics, which invoke the agony of that day. The band was also concerned in recreating the end of the 18th Century Lisbon and there will be lots of fusion, percussion and a melodic approach to that time and to the atmosphere the great city of Lisbon enjoyed back then.

"There will be ten powerful, surprising songs that echo remotely to some of MOONSPELL previous efforts like 'Under The Moonspell' or 'Alpha Noir'. But make no mistake! This is MOONSPELL as you never heard them before, with the fire of their native language Portuguese and 900 years of history to unveil!

"An historical, rigorous, serious, artistic record. A black beast from Portugal that the metal scene so craves for."

MOONSPELL vocalist Fernando Ribeiro said: "We fell in love with the concept and made perfect sense to sing it in our national language, Portuguese. I guess we were just waiting for the right opportunity to work on such an album. Musically, it will be heavier than 'Extinct'. It will be earthshaking but also very detailed with orchestrations and percussion as we want people to relive the Lisbon of the 18th Century. Singing it in Portuguese allowed me to find a different expression as a vocalist and my job is to be the survivor of the earthquake, roaming the ruins and telling you all about it."

In a 2016 interview with Spark TV, Ribeiro stated about the new MOONSPELL album concept: "I always was very fascinated about the apocalypse, the end of things, and we had this experience in the 18th Century, in 1755, and it really affected not only by the destruction and the death toll — it was very high, and it was probably one of the biggest earthquakes ever to occur on European soil — but it also influenced the way people looked at Gods, at religion, the way Europe changed. And it was tragic and traumatic, but the earthquake was the birth of a more modern Portugal, a Portugal that actually would enjoy a period of prosperity after, and the Portugal that was, before the earthquake, just going down and lost in vice and corruption and greed. So I think it makes for an interesting subject, and it makes it even more interesting if I do it in Portuguese, because it happened there."

In support of "1755", MOONSPELL will play three shows in Portugal to coincide with the album's release. They will have a double-date hometown show in Lisbon where you can enjoy the band's annual Halloween party as well as watch the performance. On November 1, MOONSPELL will take the event to the city of Porto, as part of the first three "1755" announced dates:

Oct. 30-31 - Lisboa Ao Vivo, Lisbon
Nov. 01 - Hard Club, Sala 1, Porto

These very special gigs will be produced by the band themselves in partnership with Alma Mater Records and in collaboration and with total support from their main label, Napalm.

At the shows, you will have the chance to buy the upcoming record exclusively and straight from the band as you watch them destroy Lisbon and Porto. Each ticket holder will get a free CD or vinyl edition (first 500 tickets; the edition will be signed by the band!).

More information about tickets, reservations and information, visit
www.letsgo.pt.

Says the band: "On these shows we're gonna play 1755 in its entirety but also recover some obscure stuff we haven't been playing for many years."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/moonsp ... Cb9EjKG.99
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

J'ai hâââte

Même pas encore une vidéo ou quelques son pour se faire une idée? :euh:
Larry a écrit :
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Rien vu passer pour l'instant...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Par ici les détails :
MOONSPELL will release "1755" on November 3 via Napalm Records. The disc is a Portuguese-language album about the 1755 Lisbon earthquake, also known as the Great Lisbon earthquake, which occurred in the Kingdom of Portugal. In combination with subsequent fires and a tsunami, the earthquake almost totally destroyed Lisbon and adjoining areas.

"1755" was produced by Tue Madsen (MESHUGGAH, THE HAUNTED, DARK TRANQUILITY, DIR EN GREY, DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER) and features Paulo Bragança supplying the haunting voice of a Fado fallen angel who is a big part of the Portuguese culture. His fascinating vocals are included in the song "In Tremor Dei" (English-language translation: "Fear Of God").

The cover artwork was created by João Diogo and can be seen below.

MOONSPELL vocalist Fernando Ribeiro said: "I have been fascinated with Portuguese history since I can remember.

"The year of 1755 marked the birth of a new Portugal. Much more than just the greatest natural disaster ever to occur on European soil, the great Lisbon Quake, shockwaves cannot be reduced to a dramatic death toll.

"From absolute tragedy, a new city was born, giving way to a new time where Portuguese relied more on themselves than on the crown or the cross, granting us much of the city, the lay country, the free will that we enjoy today.

"This is not just another album from us. It's a musical and lyrical history document, a homage we pay to our legacy and to the amazing skills and resilience of our fellow Portuguese back then, of all mankind when brought down to the knees by the violent forces of nature and reason. Whatever is, is right... yet the earth shakes."

Tracklist:
01. Em Nome Do Medo [In The Name Of Fear]
02. 1755
03. In Tremor Dei (featuring Portuguese guest vocalist Paulo Bragança)
04. Desastre [Disaster]
05. Abanão [Shake]
06. Evento [Event]
07. 1 De Novembro [1st of November]
08. Ruínas [Ruins]
09. Todos Os Santos [All Saints]
10. Lanterna Dos Afogados [Lantern of the Drowned]

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/moonsp ... VUIu4fo.99
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

J'aime bien la pochette :) :rock:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Graptemiss a écrit :J'ai hâââte

Même pas encore une vidéo ou quelques son pour se faire une idée? :euh:
bitteschöööön

Personnellement je n´aime pas du tout. Ca sonne à mes oreilles comme du metal moderne :(
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Passée l'intro plutôt réussie, les premiers couplets sont faiblards mais j'aime bien ce qui suit. C'est clairement une prise de risque à la limite de sonner comme un projet parallèle, autant la musique, que les paroles qui font un lien entre le tremblement de terre de 1755 et l'actualité, et bien sûr le portugais.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Fernando explique pourquoi le portugais, le thème, etc. :

On MOONSPELL's forthcoming Portuguese-sung "1755" full-length, which was originally intended as an EP:

Fernando: "When we first talked with you, we were entertaining the idea of making this into an EP. We recorded, just recently, a DVD in a venue in Lisbon, our hometown and capital, that is going to be released next year. We got gripped by the music and by the concept. We said, 'Let's put all the strategy, all the releases, etcetera, because we are a band, and what counts for us, definitely what keeps us together, is our creativity. This is a great concept.' So we decided to make a full LP, '1755'. We couldn't stop at those four songs, so we created six more songs. It's quite a step into other directions. It's totally sung in Portuguese."

On whether "1755", which was written about the 1755 Lisbon earthquake, also known as the Great Lisbon earthquake, could be considered a "metal opera":

Fernando: "I don't know. Opera is a different thing than metal. Sometimes there's rock operas, metal operas, especially in the '70s, there was a lot. So it's not really constructed like that. It's more constructed as a kind of a tragedy, like with a choir, like a Greek tragedy, more of a theater play with music. We're also trying to put this into the live show when we start touring for this album. It has to be more [theatrical]. It's in Portuguese, so there has to be extra [visuals] so people know what I'm singing about. It has many, many references to metal, but also to other kinds of music. In Lisbon and still in Portugal, the end of the eighteenth century, we were one of the metropolises for the whole of Europe and all over the world. Big ports. White people living there, black people, people from the Far East. It was a community that was together besides the Inquisition, was very strong in Portugal, but they lived in a kind of harmony. There was many influences from other cultures that we took as well as a part of our Portuguese culture. That's why the album is much more dramatic, it's also heavier, because it's [about] an earthquake. We couldn't do ballads. [Laughs] Also, there is the percussion part, this orchestra parts, lots of work with the vocals, with the choirs. We wanted people to get transported also into their fears. I think regardless of if we call it a metal opera or metal theater or a historical album, I think, what we've tried to do is paint the picture to the listener."

On why the band decided to sing the album entirely in Portuguese:

Fernando: "I don't think the album could be otherwise. We never tried it in English. It's just for the fun of it. We could make it sound [okay], but I think it was very important, the subject I'm talking about and the names I wanted to invoke like Lisbon, Portugal, I wanted to say 'Lisbon, Portugal.' I wanted to say it in my own language. It makes perfect sense. Some people say it's a dare, but when you see bands like [Icelandic atmospheric metal outfit] SÓLSTAFIR, we don't understand anything what they say, or bands who sing in Norwegian, many bands did that, I think sometimes the language can be a barrier and sometimes you pay too much attention. I think when you don't know the language, you pay more attention to the music and to the atmosphere. I think the Portuguese and the vocals are another element to this new MOONSPELL adventure. It couldn't be otherwise. It had to be in Portuguese. And when I told the band and when I told the label, nobody was too scared about it."

On why the Lisbon earthquake of 1755 fascinates him so much:

Fernando: "It's a big part of our history. First that I heard of it, I was in a classroom. Everybody knows it, of course. Lisbon is still an area that is very exposed because there's a big raft, just like a breaking point just outside of Lisbon, into the sea. Our institute is always checking it for possible earthquakes. A couple of weeks ago when we were releasing the news for '1755', there was a minor earthquake in Lisbon, like 4.3 [on the Richter scale]. While in 1755, there wasn't the Seismology, it was one of the many things that earthquakes brought, not only death and destruction, but progress as well. That's this contrast that interests me."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/moonsp ... SIfZRpH.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un chanteur de fado est invité sur ce titre :

Bonus track de l'album, une version espagnole d'une des chansons :

Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Est ce que quelqu'un a écouté l'album? J'aime beaucoup Moonspell, mais j'avoue que le chant en portugais intégral me fait hésiter.
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tu peux en l'écouter en intégralité ici ;) (je mets un lien car ils ont désactivé l'intégration visiblement)

https://soundcloud.com/napalmrecords/se ... uk/s-JdXgR
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Moi je suis fan :bang:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview intéressante de Fernando au sujet du choix de la langue notamment :

On the reaction to MOONSPELL's new studio album, "1755":

Fernando: "Spectacular, I have to say. It's a different record. It's a concept record. It's a record sung in Portuguese about the history of Portugal, but also the European universal effect the [1755 Lisbon] earthquake had in terms of society and religion, especially. Even know we knew it was an album that would hit very hard in Portugal and in Brazil and probably in some Latin American countries and it's happening, but I think some of the most surprising, best reactions have come from countries that have no idea what I'm talking about. I think that's quite an achievement because we did flirt with Portuguese in 'Alma Mater' and 'Opium', and people always loved that, but now we try to put '1755' as an experience, as a sonic experience with Portuguese lyrics. It seems like the reviewers and especially the fans, loved it. Sometimes, there was no expectation, so they listened to it with a totally clear mind. It's like MOONSPELL, but it's brand new at the same time. I'm very happy and actually very surprised that non-English people even try to sing along during the concerts and they know the album very well."

On whether it feels different "spiritually" when he sings in his native tongue of Portuguese:

Fernando: "I think it does. You think it wouldn't, but I think it does. I always wrote stuff in English for MOONSPELL and the forthcoming album after '1755' will be for sure in English, but I never dug so deep into Portuguese before writing for a band, writing for MOONSPELL. So, I think yeah, you're right, in terms of commitment and feeling, it's like English, there's always a little barrier because we have to think about it before we speak. We're finding the words in our head because I speak Portuguese with my kid, with my wife, with everyone and most of the stuff I write was in Portuguese. Yeah, Portuguese is something that runs very naturally and allows me also to have a more dramatic side as I have on the album."

On whether he thinks certain languages have more energy than others:

Fernando: "I love all languages. I think languages are one of the truest identities. We are very happy we have our own language and that we don't speak Spanish on the contrary of what most of the world thinks. They're always saying 'gracias' to me. We have our own language, of course, it has some similarities with Spanish, but at the end of the day, it's totally different. We can definitely speak Spanish, but the Spanish never bother to speak Portuguese. So, I think some lyrics are special. I think my favorite, or some languages that are special for lyrics, I really love SÓLSTAFIR and SHINING albums because they are in Icelandic and Swedish. I think other, probably more central Europe or even south Europe languages, can be really beautiful, like Italian, it's a beautiful language. To sing in Italian, I mean, opera, it was almost a rule to sing in Italian before it got translated into other languages. Of course, we know that German sounds good and powerful because there's many German bands, RAMMSTEIN on top, but all the other bands who sing in German. I think French, yeah, some languages that I try to read and try to have a different kind of magic. English, is like anything in the 21st century. It's a commodity. It's helpful for us to speak with the fans everywhere in the world, but we should not forget it's not our language. Sometimes we just butcher it and people don't understand what we're talking about."

On what the Portuguese has learned from the world and what the world can learn from the Portuguese:

Fernando: "We learned a lot from every country. We learned discipline, we learned chaos, we learned how to be resilient and especially how to use our Portuguese pessimism in our favor, making a band, expressing ourselves and dealing with it. Many bands, why there is not many bands from Portugal? There's talent there, but people go through the grinding wheels like we did. We were a bit braver on that aspect, so, on the other hand, what can people learn from the Portuguese? I don't know…we have proven ourselves like many small countries that together and with the national goal, we can demand much stuff. There's a lot of proximity, family values in Portugal, there's warmth. I think that can be learned for some countries. Some countries that we go to, in our opinion, are too cold for their kids. Portugal is a country that doesn't have any kind of problem in showing that it's romantic and melancholic. People love each other, but there's also a lot of assholes and killers in Portugal. Also, I think something people could learn from Portugal, more technically, we have a lot of scientists, but Portugal is not in the eye of the world, now it is more. Sometimes, people, for instance, like red wine, you go to a shop and you got red wine from all around the world. Portuguese red wine wins a lot of prizes and is considered a factory quality price, one of the best, like the Chilean, but you can't find it. People could learn more about Portugal, not only about Lisbon and Porto, not only about the tourist scene because they don't appear to be something, it's not tourism to go and drink a beer in a terrace, you can do that in your country. Yeah, I think we can probably not teach anything, but we have values and legends and history and I think our album is a good example and worth giving a shot."
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Mc Brain a écrit :
21 nov. 2017, 20:03
Est ce que quelqu'un a écouté l'album? J'aime beaucoup Moonspell, mais j'avoue que le chant en portugais intégral me fait hésiter.
Pour ma part je trouve que ça apporte un petit plus, au pire ça ne fait pas grand différence. Fernando a une voix gutturale typique qui fait qu'il a le même accent peu importe la langue, il pourrait chanter du latin ou du japonais que la différence se verrait peu je crois :)

Je vais acheter et aller passer mes vacances là-bas :bow:
Larry a écrit :
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vidéo sous-titrée en anglais :

Répondre