Kobra and the Lotus (heavy metal, Canada)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il s'agit d'un groupe canadien de heavy metal avec une chanteuse, qui bénéficie d'une certaine promotion outre-Atlantique (ils tournent avec Kiss et Def Leppard), mais qui a l'air de rester très confidentiel dans nos contrées.
Leur nouvel album sort ces jours-ci.
The official video for the song "soldier" from Calgary, Alberta, Canada-based metallers KOBRA AND THE LOTUS can be seen below. The track is taken from the band's new album, "High Priestess", which is due out in North America on June 24 via Titan Music. Produced by the Grammy-nominated Johnny K (MEGADETH, DISTURBED, THREE DOORS DOWN), the CD delivers a blend of fiery vocals, heavy riff-laden melodies and ferocious musicianship.

In an interview with Full Throttle Rock, KOBRA AND THE LOTUS vocalist Brittany "Kobra" Paige stated about the band's upcoming album: "The new album is really interesting, because it is absolutely eclectic, but there is still consistency, but you almost cannot figure it out all the time why it is inconsistent because there are that many different things. I mean, there are a lot of different expressions on this album. You have a lot of really traditional, in-your-face metal, you know, just straight-up heavy metal songs, but then we have some things that steer more towards Nordic-sounding and maybe even Canadian, which I do not even know what that means, but it just sounds different. [laughs] It is different from our last album, which is crazy, because you try not to be different, you do not want to change you sound or anything, but every time you write new music, it all has to do with what is just pouring out of you at that time. There is even some more rock/metal thing that goes back to more close to the roots of KOBRA AND THE LOTUS, when we first started, which was in between rock and metal; there is a little bit of that in there, too. So it is interesting. It is very heavy still, but it is eclectic and I cannot wait. There are some songs that I am not sure what to tell you it is, because I do not know what the label would be for it. It is still metal, [but] I do not know what kind of metal. [laughs]"

Regarding KOBRA AND THE LOTUS' overall sound, Paige said: "We are definitely a kind of metal that is traditional, I would say. We do have that vibe and some off that nostalgic sound, with the riffs and the vocal style, but we also bring our own twist. I would not say it is a rebirth of that kind of music, but rather just turning the music forward that was of that style, where it included people from all different types of genres who could enjoy this kind of metal, no matter what kind of metal or rock they listen to, just like [bands like IRON MAIDEN, DIO and ICED EARTH]. [A band] like IRON MAIDEN is a really wide umbrella for people in the metal world; it really brings everyone together."

Paige also spoke about her classical training and her jump to singing metal. "Actually it is not a very big jump," she said. "When I was 15, I saw JUDAS PRIEST play, and I had stopped being classical by then, because it was not for me anymore, and when I saw JUDAS PRIEST and I saw [Rob] Halford, I knew there was a place for me, but it did not have to be completely operatic or classical to be in metal. I think that is the two genres of music, classical and metal, that are actually pretty strongly correlated more than we know."

She added: "There are definitely similarities [between singing classical and singing metal] and there are a lot of things that have helped me be a stronger singer. Like the utilization of your breath. Knowing breath techniques, I think, is very important so you can get the notes better, especially when you are holding a note forever, but you want there to be power behind it and know how to not strain your voice, you know. You do not want to strain it because you have only got one voice and if you blow that you are dead in the water, so I think those things really help around the technique of protecting your voice and getting the most out of it."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kobra- ... LT4HXla.99

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

J'avais bien aimé au Hellfest. Leur album tourne de temps en temps. Pas une bombe mais assez agréable à écouter :)
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'aime bien la voix de la nana.
Même si le groupe semble avoir moins de personnalité que Huntress ou Triosphere, dans le genre.
Monster
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Monster »

C'est des nazis !
Dowëri lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

J'aime bien la chaîne Youtube du guitariste péruvien Charlie Parra del Riego qui a tourné avec eux en 2012 et 2013, ça devait être lui au Hellfest d'ailleurs.Il y fait plein de reprises à la con. Je ne sais pas s'il joue encore avec eux et c'est tout ce que je connais du groupe :D
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe sort un EP de reprises :
Known for supporting legendary bands KISS and DEF LEPPARD on KISS's massive 40th-anniversary North American tour last summer, Canada's explosive hard rockers KOBRA AND THE LOTUS will soon release a brand new EP. Due out August 28, the "Words Of The Prophets" EP (Titan Music) was produced by the Grammy-nominated Johnny K (MEGADETH, DISTURBED, THREE DOORS DOWN) and will feature cover songs by great Canadian artists.

KOBRA AND THE LOTUS's video for the band's cover version of ALANNAH MYLES's 1989 smash hit "Black Velvet" can be seen below.

Of the new release, frontwoman Kobra Paige commented, "KOBRA AND THE LOTUS is a riff-loving, vocal-whaling, storm-bringing band. We couldn't do what we do without paying homage to the true roots that were laid down before us.

"'Words Of The Prophets' is a tribute to those great Canadian classic rock influences that have set the foundation for music magic since we first heard these songs playing on the radio as little kids. They carry a ton of nostalgia, inspire ambitious journeys, and we hope to rub some of that off on you!"

KOBRA AND THE LOTUS's most recent album, "High Priestess" (Titan Music), was also produced by Johnny K and delivers a blend of fiery vocals (courtesy of lead singer Kobra Paige), heavy riff-laden melodies and ferocious musicianship. DecibelMagazine.com declared it "a stunning slab of beating, bleeding traditional metal heart and unadulterated bombast refracted and heightened through a dynamic prism of those very things that are actually right with modern metal."

Led by frontwoman, the classically-trained vocal powerhouse and Calgary native Kobra Paige, KOBRA AND THE LOTUS has been making a name for themselves worldwide with extensive touring and two well-received albums.

"Words Of The Prophets" track listing:

01. Lay It On The Line (TRIUMPH)
02. Sign Of The Gypsy Queen (APRIL WINE)
03. Black Velvet (ALANNAH MYLES)
04. Let It Ride (BTO)
05. Spirit Of The Radio (RUSH)

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video- ... Cl4SzhD.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur reprise de Rush :

guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Très bonne reprise :up:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe annonce un double album :
Canadian band Kobra And The Lotus have signed a worldwide deal with Napalm Records. Their fourth album and Napalm Records debut Prevail I plus II will be released as two separate volumes of a double album. The first part will be released in February 2017 with the second part to follow in October of 2017. But don't worry, you won't have to wait that long to hear new material from the band, as they will be releasing a new single very soon! More info on Prevail I + II will be announced shortly!

"We are delighted to announce this signing today. Kobra And The Lotus are one of the most exciting new bands in this genre", says Napalm Records Managing Director Thomas Caser.

The band on their signing to Napalm Records and upcoming albums: "It is with great pleasure and humility that we can finally announce our signing to Napalm Records! We've been working very hard on creating our upcoming albums, Prevail I and Prevail II, and believe there couldn't have been a better partnership to help us bring this massive double record undertaking to the world. Get ready for lots of new music and the best sonic evolution of Kobra And The Lotus to date. We can't wait to see you all out there! Horns up, love up."

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

le premier volet :
Canadian hard rockers KOBRA AND THE LOTUS will release their new album, "Prevail I", on May 12 via Napalm Records. The disc was produced by Jacob Hansen (VOLBEAT, AMARANTHE, EPICA) and mastered by Grammy Award-winning engineer Ted Jensen.

The first single from the disc, a track called "Gotham", can be streamed below.

Frontwoman Kobra Paige states about the story of "Prevail I", the band's most ambitious effort to date: "When we are born, we are innocent, pure, and unshaped. This mandala signifies a human at the beginning of its journey. Unscathed and beautiful, the mandala is each and every one of us. As this album unfolds, you will notice it's more than just music. 'Prevail I' is a story of visceral truth and I believe, if we're really being honest with ourselves, everyone will find their story within it. After all, the battles may differ, but we all started as the same mandala and we are more relatable than we'd like to admit. Our only wish is that you may enjoy the freaking crap out of this album and find comfort in realizing you’re not alone."

"Prevail I" track listing:

01. Gotham
02. TriggerPulse
03. You Don’t Know
04. Specimen X (Mortal Chamber)
05. Light Me Up
06. Manifest Destiny
07. Victim
08. Check The Phyrg
09. Hell On Earth
10. Prevail

Evolution is inevitable and KOBRA AND THE LOTUS has delivered its most powerful album to date, "Prevail I", with "Prevail II" to complete the story in the not-too-distant future.

Led by Kobra Paige, KOBRA AND THE LOTUS has been making a name for itself worldwide since 2010 with extensive touring and three well-received albums.

KOBRA AND THE LOTUS is loaded with exquisite precision, heavy emotion, vocal brilliance and grand-scale dynamics, highlighting the glories of classic heavy metal and rock. Known for their exceptionally strong live shows, they proudly carry the flag for all metal/hard rock fans.

KOBRA AND THE LOTUS is:

Kobra Paige (vocals)
Jasio Kulakowski (guitars)
Brad Kennedy (bass)
Marcus Lee (drums)

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kobra- ... Go14pdi.99

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Clip d'un titre plus radiophonique mais catchy :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un autre encore plus radiophonique, la ballade en quelque sorte, sur un sujet d'actualité ces dernières semaines. Le groupe s'est bien éloigné de ses débuts ici, ils cherchent les critiques :D

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Plus classique :

Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

En ce moment je découvre le groupe avec l'album précédent "High Priestess", et c'est pas mal du tout :)
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Stéphane a écrit :En ce moment je découvre le groupe avec l'album précédent "High Priestess", et c'est pas mal du tout :)
J'ai high priestess également et je suis d'accord avec toi :-) :rock:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un titre énergique :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le deuxième volet :
KOBRA AND THE LOTUS will deliver the second part of its opus magnum one year after the successful release of rock juggernaut "Prevail I".

Due on April 27 through Napalm Records, "Prevail II" is the proverbial yang to the yin and continues right where KOBRA AND THE LOTUS left off in 2017.

Says vocalist Kobra Paige: "Humanity. One of the greatest struggles of our human existence is to retain it.

"This sequel album takes a deeper dive into the darkness of our psyche and explores the personal torment and struggle we inflict upon ourselves, one another, and the earth.

"It has become commonplace for people to give up on themselves and lose their belief in their abilities and self-worth. This in turn affects our daily actions/behavior. We are a cripplingly, self-harming species but we are also profoundly capable beings of altruism, evolution, and positivity.

"This album will close the 'Prevail' double sequel on the lightest of all notes by acknowledging that every single person has a desire to be and deserves to be truly seen, loved, and heard. When the ignorance is cleared, we can recognize that we are all in this together."

"Prevail II" track listing:

01. Losing My Humanity
02. Let Me Love You
03. Ribe
04. My Immortal
05. Human Empire
06. Heartache
07. Velvet Roses
08. Modern Day Hero
09. You're Insane
10. White Water
11. The Chain
12. Let Me Love You (acoustic bonus track)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Premier extrait prometteur dévoilé, ainsi que le nom d'un guitariste additionnel (ex-Soilwork), le groupe devenant un quintette :
Kobra And The Lotus vocalist Kobra Paige has contacted BraveWords with the news that guitarist Ronny Gutierrez, who some people might recognize as the touring guitarist for Soilwork when David Andersson was sidelined.

Kobra: "This guy's positivity is infectious. I feel so grateful that he will be joining the KATL team and I already know he will fit in perfectly alongside Jasio. The two already bonded a year prior at NAMM and I have no doubt that they will compliment each others creativities. He's another killer creative force that I can't wait to incorporate into our sound. We are already in the stages of planning the next album and he will certainly be a part of it. Welcome to the family!"

Ronny: "Alas, the stars have aligned! I’m so thrilled to join the KATL family on their musical journey. The vibes have been really great and I’m incredibly excited for the possibility of an amazing future together.”
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La même chantée en japonais et version manga :mad:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Reprise de Fleetwood Mac, pas franchement réussie :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Super générique, bof...

Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Mc Brain a écrit :
31 oct. 2017, 10:56
Stéphane a écrit :En ce moment je découvre le groupe avec l'album précédent "High Priestess", et c'est pas mal du tout :)
J'ai high priestess également et je suis d'accord avec toi :-) :rock:
et bien je viens de choper Prevail 1, et il est largement au dessus de High Priestess, tous les titres sont excellent, alors il est un peu plus soft mais les compos sont bien meilleures je trouve :up:

Du coup j'attends que le facteur m’amène Prevail II :D
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Cool, merci pour l'avis! ;) :rock:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Et du coup j'avais pas donné mon avis sur Prevail II, mais bon c'est la même chose que le 1 😀
Donc très bon, mais comme sur le 1 le coté heavy s'estompe pour quelque chose de plus melodique / moderne. Mais ca le fait 👍
Répondre