Savatage : reformation

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Savatage : reformation (ou pas), DVD, compilations...

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Jon Oliva retombe dans ses travers. Après sa récente attaque cardiaque qui a failli le tuer, il disait avoir appliqué des changements dans sa vie. Mais ça n'aura pas duré longtemps.

Il vient d'être retrouvé seul dans son véhicule accidenté, et a été amené à l'hôpital. Il avait 2 bouteilles de vodka (vides) et de la cocaïne sur lui, et suite aux analyses toxicologiques il sera jugé pour conduite sous "influence" (traduction littérale) / état d'ivresse.

J'avoue ne lui trouver aucune excuse, car pour rappel son frère Criss Oliva a été tué dans un accident de voiture, à cause d'un chauffard ivre comme lui. N'a-t-il toujours rien appris? Il devient plus qu'urgent qu'il se fasse prendre en charge, entre la drogue, l'alcool et son surpoids (150 kgs) on dirait qu'il est dans une espèce de spirale suicidaire, sauf que là il aurait très bien pu tuer quelqu'un d'autre.
Legendary SAVATAGE singer John Nicholas "Jon" Oliva was arrested earlier this week on the west central coast of Florida for driving under the influence as well as possession of a controlled substance.

The Pasco County Jail web site shows the 62-year-old musician was arrested at 3:43 a.m. on Thursday (September 30) and was released on bail less than 24 hours later — at 12:34 a.m. on Friday (October 1).

Police charged Oliva with possession of cocaine, which is a felony, and DUI, which is a misdemeanor.

According to a Florida Highway Patrol arrest report, police and EMS responded to a single-vehicle crash on U.S. Hwy 41 (SR-45) shortly before 1:00 a.m. local time on Thursday, September 30 in Pasco County, Florida. In his report, the responding officer wrote: "When I arrived on scene the driver of the vehicle was out and away from his pickup truck being checked by EMS. I observed a pickup truck with severe damage to the front right of the vehicle. The passenger side door had been ripped off the collision with the tree that the vehicle had struck. Mr. Oliva was the driver of the vehicle. On scene Mr. Oliva fainted and hit the ground while EMS was checking on him. Due to this reason Mr. Oliva was flown off the scene and taken to [the hospital].

"On scene I Conducted an inventory of the vehicle," the officer continued. "In the vehicle I located two empty bottles of vodka. I also found a small clear bag with an unknown white substance. The unknown substance would be field tested and would show a positive hit for cocaine. The clear plastic bag with the unknown white substance was located right on the floor outside the driver's side door. I then spoke to a witness via telephone. The first witness I spoke with told me that he was driving northbound on U.S. Hwy 41 (opposite way of Mr. Oliva) and watched as the vehicle drove into his lane and then off the roadway and heard a loud bang. [The witness] told me he then turned his car around and went to check on the driver of the vehicle. [He] witnessed Mr. Oliva at the driver's wheel. I then spoke to another witness who lives directly across the street from where the accident happened. [The second witness] told me he was working outside when he heard the accident happen right across the street. [The second witness] told me he went over to where the crash happened and watched as the vehicle was smoking and the driver was in the driver's seat. [The second witness] told me that he tried to get the driver of the vehicle away from the vehicle due to it smoking. [The second witness] told me that there was another empty bottle of vodka in the driver's side door that he told the driver to throw away because it doesn't look good. [The second witness] told me that the driver was frantically looking his phone.

"At this time, I went to the hospital to speak with Mr. Oliva," the officer added in his report. "At approximately 9:46 PM I advised Mr. Oliva that I had finished my crash investigation and would be conducting a criminal investigation for Driving under the influence. Miranda warnings were read at this time. Mr. Oliva told me he understands what his rights are and that he is ok with speaking with me. I asked Mr. Oliva if he was the driver of the vehicle during the accident. Mr. Oliva told me he was the driver. I asked Mr. Oliva if anyone else was in the vehicle. Mr. Oliva stated he was the only occupant of the vehicle. I asked Mr. Oliva if he had taken or drank anything after the crash occurred. Mr. Oliva stated he did not take anything after the crash happened. I asked Mr. Oliva if he had any medical conditions. Mr. Oliva stated he has high blood pressure and diabetes. Nurses on staff advised me that he was perfectly fine in regard to his blood sugar and blood pressure levels. I asked Mr. Oliva if he had been drinking today. Mr. Oliva stated he did have a couple orange juice and vodkas. I then told Mr. Oliva that I found a bag of white powder substance that tested positive for cocaine. Mr. Oliva then stated, 'someone gave me that for my birthday.' I asked Mr. Oliva if he uses cocaine and he stated, 'I dabble around with it.' Mr. Oliva stated to numerous nurses at hospital that the cocaine was his. The nurses at hospital listened as Mr. Oliva yelled at his wife on the phone about the cocaine being in his car. I then asked Mr. Oliva if he would be willing to sign a form that would allow me to have access to his medical blood records to see his blood alcohol content. I told Mr. Oliva that this is 100% voluntary. Mr. Oliva told me that he had no problem with signing over his medical records. Mr. Oliva had a blood alcohol content of .138 G/210L.

"Mr. Oliva would end up being admitted into the hospital due to his injuries. Mr. Oliva was placed under arrest at approximately 12:13 PM on 09/30/2021.

"Mr. Olivas property was searched. I found another clear plastic bag containing residue of a white substance. The bag with the residue was in a pack of cigarettes in Mr. Olivas bag. Mr. Oliva had his wallet and personal belongings in the bag. Mr. Oliva told me that the bag was his that contained the clear bag with a white substance."

Oliva's booking photo released by the Pasco County Sheriff's Office shows him wearing a hospital gown and sporting what appear to be fresh scrapes on his nose and left cheek.

More information on Oliva's arrest can be found using the Florida online court records search.

Back in 2016, Jon announced on social media that he suffered a stroke in April of that year. At the time, he said: "It was not as serious as it could have been, but it did leave me with some physical recovery challenges often associated with strokes."

Despite his health issues, Jon said that he didn't regret the way he had lived his life. He wrote: "I lived the rock 'n' roll lifestyle since I was 18. It's all I knew and I enjoyed the ride very much. But there comes a time in everyone's life where you have to step back and make some life-changing decisions... which I have."

Shortly after SAVATAGE's reunion performance at the 2015 Wacken Open Air festival in Wacken, Germany, Oliva claimed that he felt better than he had in 20 years because he had "stopped drinking and eating" in preparation for the concert. He explained: "It's my voice that's freaking me out, because, even when I was in my late 20s, early 30s, doing songs like '24 Hours Ago' were always really hard to do. And, of course, I didn't realize that it was all the drugs and alcohol I was doing. But, after doing that, getting my act together and stuff, singing '24 Hours Ago', it's actually easy now. [Laughs]"

In the past, Oliva has spoken openly about going a "little too far" during SAVATAGE's 1988 tour with MEGADETH and living the "rock 'n' roll life" that eventually forced him to seek treatment at a chemical rehabilitation center. As a result, SAVATAGE had to cancel a scheduled tour, including European dates.

In 2012, Oliva told Metal Blast about his early problems with drugs and alcohol: "We were crazy, but we were having so much fun. We were all in our prime, just loving to have a great time. Back then, you just got caught up in it; before you even realized you had a drug problem, it was already too late, because everywhere you went people were giving you pot, coke, a drink… I mean, I never went anywhere from 1984 to 2001 when someone hadn't tried to give me drugs or alcohol."

In addition to his work with SAVATAGE, Oliva is well known for co-creating the classical music-meets-prog rock and pyro act TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA alongside the project's founder Paul O'Neill. Oliva has reportedly remained involved in TSO's activities even after O'Neill's April 2017 death of an accidental drug overdose.

This past March, Oliva revealed to "80's Glam Metalcast" that he battled COVID-19 for two months last year. "I had it for eight weeks, and I wouldn't have wished it on my worst enemy in the world," he said (hear audio below). "I would not have wished it on anybody. It was brutal — it really was. It sucked. But I'm okay now. And I'm gonna be getting my vaccination here in the next week or so. And that's it. So I lived through it. [Laughs] They don't want me in Heaven. Christ doesn't me up there because the first thing I'm doing when I get to Heaven is I'm punching Paul O'Neill and Criss Oliva [late SAVATAGE guitarist and Jon's brother] in the face."

Jon's brother Criss, who was one of the founding members of SAVATAGE, was killed in October 1993 by a drunk driver when he and his wife Dawn were en route to the Livestock festival in Zephyrhills, Florida. The driver of the other car was found to have a drunk driving record of seven prior DUIs and having a blood alcohol content of .294 percent.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Ah quelle triste nouvelle qui éloigne un peu plus cette reformation tant attendue...
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

C'est triste
J'ai vu une photo de lui qu'un ami m'a envoyé (publié sur blabbermouth) mais ne sachant pas si c'était au moment de son arrestation au poste de police ou une photo qui date de je sais pas quand je mabstiens de publier ça ici....
Mais effectivement Savatage c'est très mal barré et trans siberian aussi....
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour revenir sur les rumeurs d'album, Caffery s'y met aussi :
Chris Caffery, who has been a member of SAVATAGE for more than 30 years, spoke to That Metal Interview about the possibility of new music from the cult metal outfit. He said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "We've been writing and talking about it now. It's the first time in a long time where I actually have been trading riffs and songs with Jon [Oliva, SAVATAGE frontman] over the phone, and I have some really cool things. I have this one song that I wrote that he really likes and it's kind of one that I think would be a good lead-off track for SAVATAGE. [We're] just calling it 'The Dungeous Are Calling Again' and it's a really, really, really cool metal song.

"We'll see what happens," he continued. "I know a lot of people would like to see a new SAVATAGE record. I think the cards are lining up. Whether or not it's gonna fall into place, we'll find out. I always tend to stay really positive and optimistic about it — I have for 20 years. So hopefully it does wind up happening. We're not getting any younger."

Caffery went on to say that plans are also afoot for SAVATAGE to release some vintage concert footage "in DVD form." He said: "There might be a couple of things people will be really happy to see pop up. 'Cause there was some stuff that we had, recorded some full concerts from 'The Wake Of Magellan' tour, and then there's some other footage that we might wanna try to [put out]. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything, really, that we could use from the Criss [Oliva] era as far as full concerts, which is very, very unfortunate. But we have some stuff from some of the other ones."
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Je n'y crois pas trop mais j'aimerais bien évidemment.
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Exactement tout pareil...
Cacolac, pour la soif et pour le plaisir.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En attendant, les rééditions en LP continuent :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cette fois Zak Stevens confirme qu'ils sont en train d'écrire des chansons :
In a new interview with Jeff Gaudiosi of MisplacedStraws.com, vocalist Zak Stevens spoke about the status of SAVATAGE, the cult metal band which resurfaced in 2015 for an appearance at Germany's Wacken Open Air festival but hasn't performed live since then. He said: "We got a lot of work done at the end of last year with SAVATAGE. In 2015, we came together and played Wacken, with TSO [TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA] andSAVATAGE at the same time. Very aggressive. That was cool. And then the idea was to come back and play and do another record. So we're still on target for that. We got more work done coming into this year… When we were all there playing with TSO, we all just got to meet and get together and have meetings. And I was very excited about that. So we're making progress.

"I have to tell everybody, just on the SAVATAGE side, keep being patient, 'cause we're doing everything we can," Zak explained. "We got a few things outside of our control, but it's not a big deal, and we're just kind of working through those. And we got the music rolling. We're working on a lot. It's abundant, I'll say that. So everybody's got a job to do.

"That's one area that I would like to see really develop — get SAVATAGE back out there," Stevens added. "It came to my mind when I was talking about playing festivals — that's the perfect way. If we came out with this album, we can go straight to doing that, and it would make so many people happy, including everybody in the band and people who've been waiting for SAVATAGE to do something else."

Asked if he is ever surprised that people are still interested in SAVATAGE, Zak said: "It's amazing. It's a blessing, is what it is. We have our job to do. I just want everybody to know we're doing everything we can. We got a few little things on the management, the label side, try to make a few decisions, but we're just real blessed that that's still the case — that there is such a demand out there for the band. For me, it's kind of everything that my career is based on. That was the first major band I was in, being the second singer for SAVATAGE. So there would be nothing greater than to get everything rolling again."
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Il n'y a plus qu'à espérer que cela sorte un jour....et qu'il y ait une tournée dans la foulée (c'est beau de rêver :D )
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

La "hype" est énorme là... Faudra que les mecs se défoncent pour l'album soit à la hauteur.

Quant à la tournée... Fichtre j'aime autant ne pas espérer...

M'enfin je suis curieux de voir si ça va aboutir en tout cas !
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Et que Jon ait un peu récupéré de sa voix....
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Jon Oliva donne des détails ci-dessous sur les chansons et le line-up (classique), il s'agira bien de leur dernier album et de leur dernière tournée :
In a new interview with Sakis Fragos of Greece's Rock Hard, SAVATAGE leader Jon Oliva confirmed that he is working on new music from the cult metal outfit. He said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "This [next] SAVATAGE record is going to fuck people up. It's that good.

"I've made these mistakes before. I'm not making these mistakes now. I'm not rushing it," he explained. "I figure, well, I wanna get it out by next April so that I can come over with everybody. We all wanna come and do the festivals next summer. And I'm, like, I'm not rushing this. No fucking way. 'Cause this will probably be the last album we ever do. And I'm gonna make sure that it's a 10 out of a 10."

According to Oliva, there are plenty of ideas to choose from for SAVATAGE's upcoming LP. "I have enough material right now for three albums," he said. "And what I'm going to do is I'm going to condense it down. I'm gonna try to condense it down to one album with three bonus tracks. I'm gonna record everything when I get the guys down here. So we're gonna record all the shit that we've got. And in case I wanna do another album, I'll have it all ready to go. That's the gameplan."

Regarding the musical direction of the new SAVATAGE material, Jon said: "Some of this shit is really strong. I'm even looking at myself going, 'Holy shit. This is really strong.' And the fact that you're gonna have me and [SAVATAGE singer] Zak [Stevens] sharing the vocals and doing songs together in like a duet thing, is even more… it blows me away. I purposely wrote five or six songs specifically for Zak to sing. And then I worked [on] a lot of songs with Al Pitrelli [guitar] that are definitely, 'These are Oliva songs.' And then we have a couple of big epic songs.

"This is gonna be the best album I ever made," Oliva promised. "Unless I kill myself. All I know is that the SAVA fans are gonna be fucking blown away when they hear this. They're gonna be blown away. I wasn't gonna do the SAVATAGE thing and just do a half-assed album. If I'm doing this album, it's gonna be the best album I've ever done. 'Cause when I go out, I wanna go out on top."

Jon went on to say that a new SAVATAGE song called "For The Man Who Would Be King" is one that he sometimes refers to as "the new 'Morphine Child'," a nod to the track on SAVATAGE's 2001 album "Poets And Madmen". "And that's one that me and Zak are gonna do together," he explained. "And then it's got this big middle section that's all these QUEEN, operatic[-style vocals]. I'm, like, 'Wow, this is gonna be epic.'"

Regarding which other musicians will be involved in the recording process for the new SAVATAGE album, Jon said: "I'm gonna have [former SAVATAGE drummer Steve] Wacholz come in and play on a couple of songs. But Jeff Plate [drums], Johnny [Lee Middleton, bass], Al Pitrelli [guitar], Chris Caffery [guitar], Zak, me, and on a couple of things I'm gonna have Jane Mangini [TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA keyboardist] come in and play. And maybe the Ukrainian guy Vitalij Kuprij… 'Cause I have a couple of things that are beyond my capabilities of playing, and I figured instead of me spending a month trying to play this, I'll have one of these guys… My keyboard players with TSO, they're some of the best in the world — by far. So I'm, like, 'Oliva, are you stupid? Why you are gonna sit there and try to…? You can't do it. With four arms you couldn't do it.'"

He continued: "I'm getting everybody involved from the beginning. I want it to be a full-band album, all of us working together. And it's gonna be great."

Asked about a possible title for the new SAVATAGE album, Jon said: "The working title is 'Curtain Call', but I don't know if that's gonna be it. 'Cause the very last song that's gonna be on the album is this song called 'Curtain Call', and it's just me with a piano, and it's very deep. It's basically me singing to the fans, telling them all goodbye and thank you. Every time I hear it, I cry. Everybody I played it for cries. It's just very deep. But it's my way of saying goodbye to everybody. 'Thank you. I love you all. And this is my final goodbye. Thank you. Have a good life. And do whatever.' So I think I'm gonna call it 'Curtain Call', but it's not in stone yet."

As for a timeline for the recording sessions for the new SAVATAGE LP, Oliva said: "We're gonna work on it and record it starting in June, and we're gonna work on it until we have to go to Omaha for TSO rehearsals. And then after the TSO tour, in January we're gonna come back and finish it up in January and February. And I wanna put it out on Criss's [Oliva, late SAVATAGE guitarist and Jon's brother] birthday [in April] next year."

Jon also talked about SAVATAGE's touring plans, saying: "We have a lot of offers to come over and do festivals. And I'm, like, all right, man, look… I'm not 25 anymore. If we're gonna do this, I wanna do Wacken [Open Air in Germany] — I wanna do them all. And that's it. And be done with it. It's my way of saying goodbye to everybody. Giving the fans a goodbye from me and the guys to them. 'Hey, we love you.'

"I've loved our fans forever," he added. "They've provided me with a living. And I'm not gonna let them down. I'm gonna come out and I'm gonna be out there next summer doing the festivals and we're gonna kick ass."
Répondre