Heir Apparent

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tout le line-up de ce vieux groupe de heavy metal progressif se barre d'un coup! (Blaze a lancé une nouvelle mode :D)

Leur concert au dernier festival KIT aura donc été le dernier sous cette mouture, et leur leader aura bien du mal à enregistrer ce nouvel album qui traine depuis un moment...
HEIR APPARENT members Bobby Ferkovich (bass), Peter Orullian (vocals), Op Sakiya (keyboards) and Jeffrey McCormack (drums) have issued the following statement:

"We would first like to take the opportunity to thank all of the fantastic friends and fans of HEIR APPARENT that we have had the privilege to meet this last year in person or via email. You have all been wonderful and made us all feel extraordinarily welcome, encouraged us from the start, and we are forever grateful.

"Secondly, we have the unfortunate task of informing you that the four of us will no longer be affiliated with HEIR APPARENT.

"When we returned from our amazing shows in Europe, we were asked of our interests in potentially writing and recording another HEIR APPARENT album, only to have the idea withdrawn due to our inability to participate in a five-day-a-week writing/rehearsal regimen set by Mr. Gorle [guitarist Terry Gorle] as part of the agreement. Each of us has families, day jobs and other musical projects which will not allow us to maintain such a rigorous endeavor, so we all have agreed to step aside and allow Mr. Gorle the freedom to continue the HEIR APPARENT legacy on his own, with wishes of good luck for the future.

"We thoroughly enjoyed our time playing this music, and consider ourselves deeply honored to have had the opportunity to play for the fans in Germany snd Greece. It is our hope that our other musical projects will again take us to see you and many others in the near future.

"As to our other projects:

* Peter Orullian is currently the vocalist for LYRANTHE (http://www.lyranthe.com), and is also working on a new album with INNER RESONANCE.

* Bassist Bobby Ferkovich and drummer Jeffrey McCormack (http://www.jeffmc.com ) are working with former FIFTH ANGEL guitarist Kendall Bechtel and guitarist Paul Borm on THE DEAD PRJCT (http://www.myspace.com/thedeadprjct)

* Keyboardist Op Sakiya is finishing work on the sophomore album from Thai pop group VACATION.

"Blessings to you all, and here's to the future!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

:rip: :(
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

4 ans après, le groupe se reforme sous son line-up d'origine. :up:

Enfin, reste à voir combien de temps ça va durer cette fois...

http://crystal-logic.blogspot.com/2011/ ... rview.html
Q: Heir Apparent are back and have announced special shows with the original Graceful Inheritance line-up. How did this happen and why now?

Gorle: "Ray (Schwartzwill) and Derek (Peace) had talked about wanting to do some gigs. Ray contacted me, and I contacted Paul (Davidson). It all came together quickly. I contacted a few people in Europe who immediately expressed interest, then I started a Facebook page, and everything took off from there. Within a matter of days, we had offers from several people, and now a small reunion tour. It's a dream come true for me."

Q: Are you reunited just for these shows or there will be new material? Have you written anything all these years?

Gorle: "We are just planning on doing these shows for now. We live 100 miles apart, so continuing on a steady basis would require some of us to relocate our families and rearrange our lives. It's a tough thing to do with jobs and other responsibilities. However, Paul and I have made plans to record a new album, so we will fill in the band lineup as the situation develops. Hopefully it can work out for everyone. I've written a lot of ideas... I can pick up my guitar and improvise new songs, so it won't be a problem. The main issue has always been finding other musicians/vocalists who want to spend the time and do the work."

Q: What do you remember from your early days and how did you sign with Black Dragon Records for the first album? Did you had other offers and which was the response of the fans and press for "Graceful Inheritance"?

Gorle: "In the early days, 1983, I bought a PA system, rented a house with a basement and built a soundproof rehearsal room. Then, I started writing songs and looking for other musicians. Kim Harris (Queensryche's manager) had heard some of my tapes, sent them to EMI, and said he wanted to produce a solo guitar album. I was more interested in creating a band. Eventually, I found players who were interested. My house had 5 bedrooms, so Derek and Paul moved in. That allowed us to rehearse almost every day, and it was a great environment for being creative and spontaneous.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Spirit of Metal a écrit :Alors qu'il n'avait rien sorti depuis "One Small Voice" en 1989, le groupe Heir Apparent (Heavy Progressif) reprend du service avec un nouvel album intitulé "The View from Below" annoncé pour le 15 octobre via No Remorse Records. L'album sera produit par Tom Hall qui avait déjà travaillé sur le tout premier album du groupe en 1986.
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Une video promo avec des extraits

et surtout un titre entier :
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La chanson postée est OK, mais pas plus pour moi... pour l'anecdote elle est inspirée des insomnies du gars quand le groupe jouait au Keep It True, je crois qu'il a pas aimé les cloches de l'église.
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Autre titre, excellent.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas mal du tout.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Après écoute complète, le résultat est tout à fait décent mais malheureusement assez convenu, sans ambition particulière et moins personnel que les précédents. A part la dernière chanson postée et l'orientalisante, je ne retiens quasiment rien d'autre.
Mais les échos sont bien meilleurs dans les chroniques apparemment, j'ai un peu de mal à comprendre cet enthousiasme mais voilà pour mon avis en bois. :mad:
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

Complètement d'accord, y a pas de tensions dans ce disque ça décolle jamais vraiment... ça se laisse écouter mais il est quand même en deçà de ce que j'en espérais. C'est trop calme et plat.
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Franky II
true beauf picard

Re: Heir Apparent

Message par Franky II »

Everflow a écrit :
20 mars 2019, 22:22
Après écoute complète, le résultat est tout à fait décent mais malheureusement assez convenu, sans ambition particulière et moins personnel que les précédents. A part la dernière chanson postée et l'orientalisante, je ne retiens quasiment rien d'autre.
Mais les échos sont bien meilleurs dans les chroniques apparemment, j'ai un peu de mal à comprendre cet enthousiasme mais voilà pour mon avis en bois. :mad:
Alors là c'est étonnant mais je suis exactement du même avis. :euh: C'est un bon album de heavy metal progressif mais plus trop grand chose à voir avec les deux premiers, le côté épique maidenien a totalement disparu, après pour les chroniques hallucinantes dans les magazines allemands...les Allemands aiment bien les groupes sans trop de personnalité en général et leurs gôuts sont loin d'être sûr, à l'époque où j'allais en fest dans ce pays, les vestes à patchs où Manilla Road côtoie Crematory ou Lacrimosa, il faut oser tout de même... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tous les groupes que tu cites ont une forte personnalité en créant leur propre univers, qu'on les aime ou non est un autre sujet.

Je dirais même qu'ils en ont davantage que Heir Apparent, groupe que j'aime bien mais qui jusqu'à présent ne s'est pas tant que ça distingué du reste de la scène à laquelle il appartient.
Franky II
true beauf picard

Message par Franky II »

Alors là désolé mais le premier album, quand il est sorti, avait quand même une personnalité assez forte, même si ça restait dans le heavy metal classique à la Iron Maiden, et la pochette sur Black dragon était magnifique, par contre le dernier effectivement, cela reste assez neutre mais en Allemagne ils aiment bien ça, des groupes qui "restent dans le rang", ça doit être la nostalgie inconsciente des défilés militaires des années 30... :D
C'est du second degré je précise. :crazy:
Répondre