Steel Prophet

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Enfin une bonne nouvelle pour un groupe qui n'allait plus nulle part hormis tout droit vers la tombe.

Mythiasin est revenu, ce qui veut dire que Bruce Hall (Agent Steel) a été dégagé. C'est pas plus mal pour les 2 groupes :D

L'album précédent m'avait énormément déçu, c'était d'un commun sans précédent pour eux, alors j'espère que le nouveau sera plus digne de Steel Prophet :bang:
Vocalist Rick Mythiasin has rejoined California metallers STEEL PROPHET. The band is set to begin recording the first songs with Rick in five years. Drummer Gene McEwen will begin laying down tracks for two new songs in about a week. More information will be made available soon.

STEEL PROPHET's last singer, Bruce Hall (AGENT STEEL), joined the band following the departure of Nadir D'Priest, who sang on the group's "Beware" CD (2004, Massacre Records). D'Priest originally joined STEEL PROPHET as the replacement for Mythiasin, who also has a project called MYTHIASIN.

STEEL PROPHET had previously released five records through the Nuclear Blast label and three via Art of Music/Brainstorm.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Message par painkillerqueen »

:champagne: :jump: :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et les nouveaux morceaux seraient dans la lignée de "The Goddess Principle" et "Dark Hallucinations", retour au vrai Steel Prophet quoi :bang:
"The band has finished all instrumental and vocal tracks for two songs. The songs are tentatively titled 'Transformation Staircase' and 'Trickery of the Scourge'. Sessions took place at Horacio's [Colmenares, guitar] studio in La Puente and the band was very pleased with the results.

"A preliminary mix of one of the songs will be made available on the band's Myspace site in the near future. The songs are similar in nature to material from 'The Goddess Principle' and 'Dark Hallucinations'. The band is also starting rehearsals for their appearance at the 2008 Swordbrothers Festival September 13th in Andernach, Germany. STEEL PROPHET is the headline act for the festival."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Evidemment ces coquins de Metal Mind Productions en profitent pour rééditer 3 de leurs précédents albums :
STEEL PROPHET is one of the few bands who didn’t give up on their way to success and patiently trained to improve their skills with each next release.

Today a power metal icon, Steel Prophet managed to overcome all the obstacles and reach their goal, blessing the metal scene with a handful of unique and unforgettable albums.

Metal Mind Productions presents the exclusive re-release of three Steel Prophet’s albums: Dark Hallucinations, Genesis and Book Of The Dead.

Dark Hallucinations (1999) is one of their finest works to date, showing the band at the peak of their musical skills. With this album Steel Prophet ultimately proved that their place is among power metal legends such as IRON MAIDEN or FATES WARNING. Lyrically, Dark Hallucinations was a concept album, based on the book Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. The unique atmosphere of a world stripped from beauty and love lingers in each song, drowning the listener in a sea of dark melancholy. The final track on the album is an amazing cover version of 'The Apparition' by one of Steel Prophet's heroes - Fates Warning.

Genesis (2000) is the compilation album containing all tracks off Steel Prophet's first demo, as well as additional cover tunes recorded over the years. All the amps and drums were in the same room and it was done almost 'live' in a couple days. The tape sold really great in Europe and can be credited with kicking off the band's career. Apart from the material from demo, Genesis includes cover version of tracks by bands like ACCEPT ('Fast As A Shark'), Iron Maiden ('Gangland' & 'Ides Of March/Purgatory'), METALLICA ('Fade To Black'), JUDAS PRIEST ('Dreamer, Deceiver'), BLACK SABBATH ('Neon Knights') or SIMPLE MINDS ('Don't You Forget About Me').

The 2001 album, Book Of The Dead was their most versatile, complete and mature performance to date. The material from Book Of The Dead captured the essence of all previous releases, and with it's eight songs showed all the best qualities of this dream team. The album was definitely a course in intelligent heavy metal. Book Of The Dead enhanced and solidified the position and the popularity of Steel Prophet. The history of Steel Prophet is therefore the history of a band, which proved that with hard work, integrity, a progressive attitude, and an iron will their goals could be achieved.

Metal Mind Productions will release all three albums in a new digipak edition limited to 2,000 copies each. Digitally remastered using 24-Bit process on a golden disc. The release date is set for September 15th in Europe and October 28th October in the US (via MVD).

The tracklistings:

Dark Hallucinations (remastered) - 'Montag', 'New Life (Resolution)', 'Strange Encounter', 'The Secret', 'We Are Not Alone', 'Betrayal', 'Look What You've Done', 'Scarred For Life', 'Spectres', 'The Apparition' (Fates Warning cover).

Genesis (remastered) - 'Death', 'Sleep of Despair', 'Inner Ascendance', 'Life', 'Nihilism's Spell', 'Technocricide', 'Fast as a Shark' (Accept cover),'Gangland' (Iron Maiden cover), 'Ides of March/Purgatory' (Iron Maiden cover), 'Fade to Black' (Metallica cover), 'Dreamer Deceiver' (Judas Priest cover), 'Neon Knights' (Black Sabbath cover), 'Don't You Forget About Me' (Simple Minds cover).

Book Of The Dead (remastered) - 'When Six Was Nine', 'Tragic Flaws', 'Escaped', 'Soleares', 'Church of Mind', 'Burning Into Blackness', 'The Chamber','Locked Out', 'Ruby Dreams (Faith and Hope)', 'Phobia', 'Anger Seething', 'Oleander'.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'avais pas vu mais ils ont mis un nouveau titre en ligne, et ils n'ont pas menti, c'est un retour direct au registre plus personnel et mélodique des albums des 90's :rock:
C'est Painkillerqueen qui va être contente :mad:

http://www.myspace.com/steelprophets
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

carrément :rock:
comme toujours, le riff est bon, et le chant, bah ça fait juste du bien d'entendre à nouveau Rick Mythiasin !
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

j'avais acheté les rééditions et j'avais été assez déçu par la musique de ce groupe... alors quels albums valent le coup?
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

l'idéal c'est une bonne compile ;)
la musique du groupe peut sembler un peu pâle, surtout parce qu'elle est beaucoup comparé à Iron Maiden (oui il y a un riff ou deux très copiés, mais quel groupe ne l'a pas fait ?), mais après quelques écoutes, les riffs deviennent vite accrocheurs et surtout le chant dégage pleins d'émotions, il a un ton assez urgent. J'aime bien Book Of The Dead, pour les autres albums je les écoute un peu moins souvent, il m'en manque aussi, mais on les trouve facilement (en tout cas en Allemagne).
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metal militia a écrit :j'avais acheté les rééditions et j'avais été assez déçu par la musique de ce groupe... alors quels albums valent le coup?
Mon préféré est Messiah mais bon Dark Hallucinations et Book of the Dead font partie de leurs meilleurs, si t'as pas trop aimé je ne suis pas sûr que ça vaille le coup d'aller plus loin.
Ou alors faut les écouter enchainés avec les 3 premiers albums de Fates Warning, dont l'influence est importante. ;)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Des rééditions sont prévues en vinyl en attendant un nouvel album :
U.S. metal act Steel Prophet has signed a vinyl record contract with German label Pure Steel Records. The band will issue the complete works via vinyl through the label beginning with 1995's "The Goddess Principle," which will be remastered and targeted for an end of 2013/beginning of 2014 release date.

Steel Prophet was founded in 1983 by Steve Kachinsky on guitars and Gary Stocking on vocals in Middletown, Connecticut. By the late 80's, the band moved to Los Angeles. The band's latest album is "Beware," which was released in 2004 via Massacre Records.

The current lineup is:

Vince Du Juan Dennis - bass
James Schultz - drums
Chris Schleyer - guitar
Rick Mythiasin - vocals
Steve Kachinsky Blakmoor – guitar
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

OH PUTAIN ! :bave:
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le nouvel album s'appelle "Omniscient" et devrait sortir en juin 2014 (chez Cruz Del Sur) :
STEEL PROPHET’s much discussed and long awaited new album., Omniscient, will be released by Cruz Del Sur Music in 2014, both on CD and vinyl LP. The album will feature the vocals of Rick Mythiasin, who has returned to sing with Steel Prophet for the first time since 2002’s Unseen album.

Omniscient is a conceptual, science fiction themed album, with a heavy dose of unusual philosophies and ideas, that will appeal to all fans of Steel Prophet’s early works, especially the Dark Hallucinations period. This new album will have a visually outstanding package that will read like a graphic novel to highlight the story that underlines the music.

The album will be released in June 2014, when the band is scheduled to return on tour in Europe after their successful 2013 headliner show at Germany's Keep It True festival. Stay tuned for more updates.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Effectivement quand je ne serai plus là , on dira de moi : c'était un mythe Yacine !
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman a écrit :Omniscient is a conceptual, science fiction themed album, with a heavy dose of unusual philosophies and ideas, that will appeal to all fans of Steel Prophet’s early works, especially the Dark Hallucinations period. This new album will have a visually outstanding package that will read like a graphic novel to highlight the story that underlines the music.
Vivement :rock:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

L'album doit sortir fin juin/début juillet, en voici la pochette :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Sortie prévue pour le 04 juillet, un premier extrait :

Pierre Desproges
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Mouais... :lol:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Très inhabituel de la part du groupe ce genre de titre parodique/décalé/2ème degré et Manowaresque à la fois. :euh:

Je ne suis pas contre en soi, mais pour le coup ils peuvent proposer bien mieux que ça.

A noter que Rick chante debout, soit ses jambes vont mieux et ça serait une bonne nouvelle, soit c'est un montage...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Il y avait un 2ème extrait en vidéo, mais il a été supprimé, en attendant la tracklist vaut son pesant de cacahuètes :

"Chariots Of The Gods"
"The Tree Of Knowledge"
"When I Remake The World (A Key Flaw)"
"911"
"Trickery Of The Scourge"
"Through Time And Space"
"Aliens, Spaceships And Richard M. Nixon"
"Oleander Deux"
"666 Is Everywhere (The Heavy Metal Blues)"
"Bohemian Rhapsody"
"Call Of Katahdin"
"Funeral For Art"
"1984 (George Orwell Is Rolling In His Grave)"
"Transformation Staircase"

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Nouvel extrait :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Titre tout à fait correct et "habituel" pour le groupe, mais pas de quoi grimper aux rideaux non plus, à voir...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La version studio de la reprise de Bohemian Rhapsody qu'ils avaient joué au Keep It True :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Rick Mythiasin s'est déjà barré, pour des histoires de fric... d'un groupe qui en gagne pourtant très peu voire pas du tout. :scratch:
En plus il a depuis rejoint Mystic Force, un autre vieux groupe de Metal US, encore plus confidentiel que Steel Prophet...
Apparently Rick has quit the band without calling me to explain. I'll keep things as short as possible. He seems to have a couple beefs related to money that he's taken to airing on the internet instead of a private conversation. So I'll explain quickly.

1. I wrote lyrics and music for 9 songs on the new album, but split all the publishing royalties 4 ways with Rick, Vince and Chris. They put in a lot of hard work and I wanted to share with them even though it’s my right to get all the money for those songs. When GEMA and SIAE make the royalties available for collection his agent will be able to collect his share. We’re all waiting for our money. (BMI will not collect foreign royalties for him as he mistakenly assumes).

2. Vince and I put up all production costs for the “Omniscient” album. Over $10, 000. Ricks airfare, hotel, other food and accommodations were paid by us from our day jobs. We paid Bill Metoyer(engineering), Jimmy Schultz(drums), RD Liapakis(mix) from our personal money, in addition to purchasing software, computers, microphones, etc. to make the album. The advance from the record company didn’t cover all the costs, and royalties from the re releases of a few hundred copies of vinyl haven’t paid the balance yet. As a matter of fact unless record sales surge to 5X what they currently are, it’s unlikely we’ll ever break even.

3. Given those facts you may assume I would not make another record until being paid back, but I wrote a new batch of songs and was willing to start the process all over again and foot the bills again just as a creative outlet for myself, Rick and for our fans. Vince is unwilling to do it again because he views Rick’s attitude as too negative and ungrateful. Anyway, unless Rick wants to reevaluate his attitude and issue me a personal apology via phone and a public apology on Facebook, I will not be sponsoring another album to showcase his remarkable voice in concert with my songs.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont trouvé un nouveau chanteur (venu d'un tribute band à Maiden...)

Répondre