Pamela Moore (Queensrÿche)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il s'agit de la chanteuse attitrée de QUEENSRYCHE, sur les Mindcrime I & II.

J'hésitais à poster ce topic dans cette section, mais il y a visiblement pas mal d'éléments metal dans son nouvel album solo, sur lequel participent Jeff Loomis (NEVERMORE) et Michael Wilton (QUEENSRYCHE), et produit par Neil Kernon (NEVERMORE).

A écouter : http://www.myspace.com/pamelamoore
Singer Pamela Moore — best known for her performance as Sister Mary on QUEENSRŸCHE's 1988 epic concept album "Operation: Mindcrime" and last year's epic sequel "Operation: Mindcrime II" — has posted two more songs off her latest CD, "Stories from a Blue Room". The first track, "Get Off (American Way)", sees Pamela sharing vocals with Terri Nunn (BERLIN) alongside the explosive guitar work of Jeff Loomis (NEVERMORE), while the second song, "Take Me", features guest appearances by Loomis and Michael Wilton (QUEENSRŸCHE). Check out the music at this location.

"Stories from a Blue Room" was helmed by Grammy Award-winning producer Neil Kernon and features 11 songs that were co-written by Benjamin Anderson (ex-RORSCHACH TEST). The recording and mixing took place at Sonic Ranch Studios and Robert Lang Studios with Jason Kowalski (N17, ABIGAIL WILLIAMS) on drums, Jeff Loomis (NEVERMORE) on guitar, Michael Wilton (QUEENSRŸCHE, SOULBENDER) and Anderson, Brian Gordon (ION VEIN) on bass and even some backing vocals provided by Terri Nunn (BERLIN).

Despite her rise to stardom through her dramatic and captivating portrayal of Sister Mary in "Operation: Mindcrime", Pamela Moore has also found fame in her own right, having released her own recordings, contributed her voice to various radio and television commercials, and has a background in theater.

Pamela was given the opportunity to record her first album with a now defunct Seattle-based record label First American Records. Her first release, 1981's "Take a Look", did very well regionally and was one of the stepping stones that led her down the path she finds herself now. A second LP, "You Wont Find Me There", which was released in 1982, never had a chance to surface as the company folded just after its release. Billboard magazine penned her as an AOR, blue-eyed soul artist, destined for success which was a far cry from what was to be her most memorable endeavor, QUEENSRŸCHE.

After the immense success of the "Operation: Mindcrime" world tour, Pamela moved on to other endeavors such as recording songs with a band called RADAR out of New York, living there for two years to work on her craft before returning home to Seattle. RADAR released its debut album, "RPM", in 2000. Other projects Pamela has been involved with are include work with Brian Johnson of AC/DC, singing backup on a few selected concerts with Paul Rodgers of BAD COMPANY and QUEEN, and cameo stage appearances with her cousin, Terri Nunn of BERLIN.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Elle enchaine avec un album plus metal au vu des extraits :

http://soundcloud.com/rat-pak-records/t ... is-falling
"Resurrect Me", the new album from female vocalist Pamela Moore, who is best known for her performance as Sister Mary on QUEENSRŸCHE's 1988 epic release "Operation: Mindcrime" and 2006's sequel "Operation: Mindcrime II", will be released on May 14 via Rat Pak Records.

"Resurrect Me" is described in a press release as "an album written in timeless fashion that explores a creative landscape missed by the music industry. [It] is a masterpiece in collaborative effort showcasing powerful, yet intimate vocal imagery, paired with monstrous power metal grooves, and uncompromising musicianship. The album explores the compelling, the infectious and the dramatic. It connects with the listener on a personal level from the first listen."

"Resurrect Me" is collaboration between Moore and Michael Posch, one of Chicago's favorite power metal guitar players who made noise as a founding member of Century Media artists RADAKKA, and was hand-picked by Moore while living in Chicago. While doing shows with the Pamela Moore band, discussions about the direction of Pamela's next work were tossed about. As discussions continued, so many of the traits and concepts were so purely engrained in Posch's own style, it seemed a divine movement was at hand. Early demo work showed a collective vision and energy that was impossible to ignore.

Even after deciding to return to Seattle as a permanent base, and what seemed to be the end of a chapter, Moore requested to continue focus work with Posch, in hopes of letting the addictive collection of songs continue to develop. Both were reluctant to close the book on the collective focus that was manifesting. Magic was being made and something pushed the pair onward. The album survived location changes, loss of financial support due to the economic times, personal highs and lows, and sheer distance… to finally overcome... and achieve a polish, and brightness, that goes beyond any hardship endured in the crafting … and the character that was built thru the labor, is deeply present in the recordings.

"Resurrect Me" represents a power metal album that will ring in your head for days after listening. Song after song take you down paths of atmospheric, dark, but passionate and blood pumping metal. It's sure to satisfy Moore's QUEENSRŸCHE contingent of fans, but this moves beyond.. into a level of energy all its own. It even boasts a heavyweight guest list, including a solo from shred royalty Jeff Loomis (ex-NEVERMORE) and a duet with master vocalist Ralf Scheepers (PRIMAL FEAR, GAMMA RAY).

"Resurrect Me" track listing:

01. Acquiescent
02. Melt Into You
03. Paranoia
04. We Are Damaged
05. Resurrect Me
06. The Sky Is Falling
07. Awakening
08. Breaking Down
09. Desperate By Design
10. Wide Awake (Phoenix Rising)

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Musicalement, cela a été 1000 fois entendu. Dommage...belle voix.
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

nouvel album BEHIND THE VEIL prévu pour le printemps 2018 avec Ralf Scheepers en guest

"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ça a l'air un peu moins basique que précédemment sur cet extrait, sans personnalité non plus mais ça s'écoute. Ralf fait le job.
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

parfaitement d´accord.
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre