Pharaoh (heavy/power metal, USA)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Message par painkillerqueen »

des fans ?
on retrouve Tim Aymar au chant, déjà présent sur le 1er Control Denied.
L'influence principale est Iron Maiden, d'ailleurs le chanteur a fait partie de tributes à IM. A l'instar d'un Steel Prophet, c'est une influence trèèèès présente !

--->http://www.myspace.com/pharaohmetal

le line up
Tim Aymar - vocals
Matt Johnsen - guitars
Chris Kerns - bass
Chris Black - drums

3ème album, Be Gone, à paraître en mars sur Cruz Del Sur Music
photos de l'enregistrement

le track-listing
01. Speak to Me
02. Dark New Life
03. No Remains
04. Red Honor
05. Buried at Sea
06. Rats and Rope
07. Cover Your Eyes and Pray
08. Telepath
09. Be Gone
deux invités sur Dark New Life : Mark Reale et Mike Flyntz de RIOT

le 1er album est très bon je trouve,

et pareil pour le peu que j'ai pu entendre du 2nd.
:bang:
frantz
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par frantz »

Sur conseil de mon disquaire , j'avais acheté "the longest night" .
Excellent album, je guetterai donc la sortie de ce troisieme opus
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

US METAL band PHARAOH is once again in the studio, for the recordings of their third album “Be Gone”, which is going to be released shortly before their first European appearance (and first show ever!!!) at the Germany’s KEEP IT TRUE FESTIVAL taking place on April the 5th, 2008 at the Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen.

What follows is a brief studio-report with some anticipations on what to expect from “Be Gone”…

- Hello guys, what can you tell us of the state of the recordings of “Be Gone”?
Matt Johnsen (guitar): The drums, rhythm guitars, and bass are all recorded, and Tim is about halfway through the vocals. Most of the melody guitars are done and at least half the leads are recorded, but there are still a few noodly bits to record. When Tim is done, [producer/engineer] Matt Crooks and I need to find amp tonnes and re-amp all of the guitars. This is a highly technical procedure which involves drinking a lot of beers while we play the songs back over and over.

Chris Black (drums): Recording drums was a similar process, though far less technical.

Tim Aymar (vocals): We're going to be finishing my tracks next week, and we'll be going back to the first couple tracks we did and adding a few artistic touches. These have been the most productive Pharaoh sessions to date, and the results are also the best ever. I've had a much easier time with these tunes, and even found it strange at times that there were not any major obstacles or technical problems. Oddly enough, no beers were involved in the vocal recordings. Coffee, lots of water, Matt's special throat tea, and black licorice were my choice of weapons. After a couple sessions, we did have a few beers though. This record has been the most productive yet for me with Pharaoh.

- Musically speaking, what have we to expect from “Be Gone”? People ask for a new "By the Night Sky", will we find another epic suite like that one on the new album?
MJ: You can expect more action from shorter songs! In general, the arrangements and riffs themselves are more complex, but we went out of our way to craft songs that don't waste any time.

TA: There's a lot more singing going on with this one, more musical substance without superfluous repetition. One song, which at first seems like it might qualify as epic is "Cover Your Eyes and Pray", which lands at only about four and a half minutes.

CB: I agree. Our arrangements are very economical this time around, and the songs are therefore generally more sophisticated and articulate. All of our trademark strengths are still present. You could say that they’re all the more emphasized by the way we approached the songwriting. The album as a whole is very dense and quite challenging, but I’m not sure what particular song might qualify as epic.

MJ: Only one song, "Buried at Sea" could qualify as epic, but it's very much a different sort of song from "By the Night Sky," even if it was mostly written by Chris Kerns. If nothing else, it's one of the most dynamic songs on the new album. I think it will turn a few heads.

Chris Kerns (bass): It’s often a challenge to shorten song lengths, and limit repetitions of parts that you’re really happy with, but if done efficiently then the end result is a better listening experience. I guess it’s a matter of trying hard to think objectively with the material, as much as possible.

- Once again French artist JP Fournier will be working on the cover and on the artwork of the album and Matt Crooks is again behind the recording and mixing console. Can we say that both JP and Matt are part of the PHARAOH mystique already?
CK: That’s definite, I’d say we already have a signature look in terms of our artwork, thanks to JP. And, without Matt Crooks, it’s very difficult to imagine what Pharaoh would be sounding like today.

CB: You can be sure. I see Pharaoh as inclusive of the talents of these folks. I have to also mention our label, Cruz del Sur, which has always been a vital organ in the band’s anatomy. We’d probably never have even made our first album without the encouragement and unwavering belief that Cruz del Sur has given.

- You are preparing for your first show ever, at the German KEEP IT TRUE festival in April 2008, what are your feelings about it?
MJ: With any luck we won't embarrass ourselves! It's going to be a special experience, to be sure. None of us can wait to take Pharaoh to the stage, and if all goes well, KIT will not be the last time Pharaoh makes noise in public.

CB: We’ve set aside 2008 as a year when we’ll focus only on live shows. No new songwriting until 2009, and no new album until 2010. As for Keep It True, we’re sorting out the setlist at the moment, so fans should get in touch with their requests. Now is the time!

TA: It will be a first for all of us to perform together, and also to play outside of the U.S., so I look forward to it enthusiastically. Performing has always been my strongest suit, and I enjoy it more than anything. I know that Germany loves metal, so I anticipate a very exiting show. I hope it will turn out to be a rewarding and memorable experience and not just a flash in the pan event. Everyone involved will be putting forth a great deal of effort to bring Pharaoh together on stage for the sake of the fans. It means a lot of planning, sacrifice and a leap of faith from the band. I hope the fans will appreciate all of this, because it's for them, not us. This is what they want.

PHARAOH has a community/street team open to anyone who wants to help spreading the name of the band and its music as well as chat about the band and other issues not necessarily related to the band.
If interested, sign up at: http://pharaohstreetteam.com/
Azmoth
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par Azmoth »

notez que Chris Black, le batteur, est également bassiste chanteur dans SUPERCHRIST !
et un nouvel EP à venir d'ici lundi/mardi !
A.W.
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par A.W. »

Azmoth a écrit :notez que Chris Black, le batteur, est également bassiste chanteur dans SUPERCHRIST !
et un nouvel EP à venir d'ici lundi/mardi !
Depuis le temps que je dois écouter un album entier de ce groupe :/
C'est toi qui sort cet ep azmoth ou tu le distribue uniquement?
Azmoth
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par Azmoth »

je le sors.

En album, je te conseille de commencer par Headbanger, qui est leur meilleur album à mon goût. Le live est pas mal aussi.
A.W.
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par A.W. »

Je n'ai écouté qu'un titre de cet album...les deux premiers albums sont plus crus et plus énergiques il me semble.
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Re: Pharaoh

The release of PHARAOH new album is getting closer and we are ready to unveil the cover artwork, once again courtesy of French artist JP Fournier

Azmoth
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par Azmoth »

Si ça intéresse quelqu'un, j'ai les deux premiers CDs en distro.

=========================================================
General site : http://www.forgottenwisdomprod.fr.st
Boutique en ligne / online shop : http://forgottenwisdom.free.fr/catalog/
=========================================================
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

"Be Gone" est écoutable en intégralité ici :

http://www.myspace.com/cruzdelsurmusic
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

J'écoute le disque que le gars de Cruz del Sur m'a envoyé avec le Battleroar et c'est vraiment. :up: Ça me rappelle Onward, mais en mieux.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

j'ai eu du mal à rentrer dans ce 3eme album mais finalement après de nombreuses écoutes je l'ai apprivoisé et franchement c'es une tuerie.
Plus power moins heavy que les deux premiers albums mais pour les amateurs du genre ça tue tout!
:rock: :yeah:
Tony Le Pouilleux

Moi, je suis en train de l'écouter pour la première fois et je l'aime déjà. Pareil avec Nostradamus, suis-je trop facile, ou au contraire, je suis plus mieux que vous? :scratch:

Ça me fait penser qu'il faudrait bien que je me pogne un jour l'album de Control Denied. Chuck avait vraiment trouvé un bon chanteur.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

je sais pas si tu avais écouté les deux premiers albums avant celui là, mais ils sont plus heavy, avec des compos plus mid tempo et une grosse diversité de ryhtmes à l'intérieur même des chansons, et une prod' plus à l'ancienne, alors que là ça bastonne carrément plus avec une grosse prod'. Du coup au départ,comme je m'y attendais pas, j'ai trouvé cela décevant cette nouvelle direction, c'est pourquoi j'ai eu du mal à rentrer dedans.
Mais une fois que j'ai réussi à faire abstraction de tout cela, j'ai vraiment bien aimé cet album! :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un p'tit EP pour la route :

US metallers PHARAOH, featuring ex-CONTROL DENIED singer Tim Aymar, have confirmed the release of a new EP, Ten Years, set to be released on June 7th via Cruz Del Sur.

The Ten Years EP contains two unreleased songs from the Be Gone recording sessions, two tracks previously released only as a bonus 7'', and two covers; NEW MODEL ARMY's 'White Light' and SLAYER's 'Tormentor'.

Ten Years tracklisting:

Ten Years'
'When We Fly'
'White Light'
'Reflection and the Inevitable Future'
'Nothing I Can Say'
'Tormentor'

In addition to the release of the EP in June, Pharaoh are also currently immersed in the recording process of their fourth full-length album, set for release later this year. More details on the pending album will be released in the coming weeks.
Tony Le Pouilleux

Je suis curieux d'entendre la reprise de Tormentor.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Après l'EP de 2011, Pharaoh revient le 24 Février 2012 avec leur nouvel album Bury The Light à paraître chez Cruz Del Sur Music.
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

:rock: :bang: :up: :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Toujours aussi bon ce groupe ! Vivement l'album.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le nouvel album devrait arriver l'année prochaine.

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Pharaoh (heavy/power metal, USA)

Message par Everflow »

Long-running American metallers Pharaoh will return with their first studio album in nine years. Dubbed The Powers That Be, it will be released on June 18th, 2021 via Cruz Del Sur Music.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Re: Pharaoh (heavy/power metal, USA)

L'album est sorti hier et comme d'hab' avec ce groupe, c'est une belle pépite. :bang:
Honnêtement j'ai eu un peu peur à la première écoute, et ce dès le premier titre, parce que j'ai trouvé que le chant est un peu moins bon, moins puissant et plus éraillé que sur leurs précédents albums, mais la qualité des compos est telle que cela le fait vite oublier. Plus variés et toujours aussi inspirés. Et puis ces solos ... :gratte: :bow:
Bref, ce sera sûrement un des albums de l'année pour moi. :banghorns:
Répondre