Reformation et album de Massacre

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Assez nul en effet. Musicalement ce n'est même pas du death metal. :euh: Et on parle de MASSACRE. :,(
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Fichtre, j'ai rarement entendu un cri d'intro aussi peu palpitant.
Son plutôt War Metal sur composition anémique, le chant est trop moderne. :zzz: :zzz:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Nouvel extrait :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Un autre :

Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

Ecouté chez Gibert hier après-midi. Bah ça ne m'a pas transcendé hein...on ne reconnait pas trop le style Massacre au final. :/
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le nouveau morceau est un mid-tempo assez quelconque, aussi vite oublié qu'écouté... :euh:

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Ce dernier titre est quelconque, mais celui du clip est excellent (et le clip est superbe).
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En ce qui concerne "l'autre" version de Massacre, c'est le gros bordel pour ne pas dire la fin après une tournée en eau de boudin avec Death to All, de laquelle ils ont été éjectés :
Bassist Terry Butler and vocalist Ed Webb have announced their departures from the Florida death metal band MASSACRE. As a result, MASSACRE has officially disbanded and will not take part in DEATH TO ALL's "Symbolic" 20th-anniversary European tour in February/March 2015. MASSACRE was also forced to cut short its participation in the "Swamp Leper Stomp '14" tour with DEATH TO ALL, OBITUARY and RIVERS OF NIHIL by one show.

Said Butler: "It's with a heavy heart that I am announcing my departure from MASSACRE. I wish Ed, [drummer] Mikey [Mazzonetto] and [guitarist] Rick [Rozz] the best of luck with their future endeavors.

"I would like to thank the awesome fans for their support and loyalty and to those who labored to help bring the band back from beyond. Thank you as well."

Added Webb: "After much thought and consideration, it is with deep regret that I announce my departure from MASSACRE. This was not an easy decision to make but a necessary one.

"The last four years have had its share of both unbelievable times as well as some times I wish to forget.

"I want to thank all of the MASSACRE fans, those who accepted me as the new vocalist as well as those who didn't. You guys gave me the desire to work harder than I ever had in the past. I also had the privilege to play some of the most incredible shows, do some killer tours and meet a lot of great people along the way.

"At this point, I am going to just concentrate on my two main projects [GENERICHRIST and DESTINED TO RUIN] as well as a few other projects I am working on.

"I want to endlessly thank Terry, Rick and Mikey for the opportunity to record an absolutely crushing CD and get to tour around the world with them. I wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

"I hope to see everyone in the future and thanks for letting me do what I live to do!"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/massac ... w3IwWUB.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

L'après Massacre pour Rick Rozz et le batteur Mikey Mazzonetto s'appelle THE END et fait bien sûr du death metal.

Un EP va sortir début 2016 :

Tracklist :

1. Age Of Apocalypse
2. Crawling Back To Life
3. Silent Screams Of Death
4. Inhale The Plague

Pierre Desproges
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Pas mauvais mais pas extraordinaire non plus belle pochette
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Rick Rozz change de nom de groupe mais il fait toujours du Rick Rozz donc un peu la continuité de Massacre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel épisode dans les aventures de Massacre, avec une reformation de Kam Lee et Rick Rozz qui semblent avoir fait la paix :
Guitarist Rick Rozz DeLillo and vocalist Kam Lee have rejoined forces in a revamped version of their classic late 1980s/early 1990s death metal band MASSACRE. The main objective of the group — which also features Rozz's THE END bandmates Michael Grim (bass/vocals) and Mike Mazzonetto (drums) — is to rekindle the original sound, style, aggression, and passion that originally elevated MASSACRE to cult status in the death metal scene two and a half decades ago.

The new MASSACRE is managed and represented by World Entertainment's Gunter Ford and Alexander Ford. Booking in Europe is being handled by Paul Ryan at UTI, while booking in the USA and Canada is being taken care of by Mark Hyman and Andrea Roberts at ATI.

MASSACRE is working on tours for the U.S.A, Europe, Latin America, and other areas worldwide. The plan is to play the "From Beyond" album, along with a few old classics from DEATH and the pre-DEATH outfit MANTAS.

Lee joined THE END on stage this past Friday, December 9 in Melbourne, Florida to play four MASSACRE songs. Video footage of the "Dawn Of Eternity" performance from that concert can be seen below.

MASSACRE's last incarnation included Rozz and Mazzonetto alongside bassist Terry Butler and vocalist Ed Webb. That lineup lasted for four years and released a critically acclaimed album, 2014's "Back From Beyond", via Century Media Records.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel épisode dans le feuilleton : Bill Andrews et Terry Butler demandent à Rick Rozz et Kam Lee de ne pas utiliser le nom de MASSACRE, et qu'ils feront tout pour les en empêcher. Tiens, ça faisait longtemps. :D
Légitime ou pas, Andrews et Butler sont quand même très mal placés pour défendre cette position, quand on se rappelle qu'ils ont tourné sous le nom de DEATH sans Chuck Schuldiner à une époque...
Former MASSACRE drummer Bill Andrews has condemned guitarist Rick Rozz DeLillo and vocalist Kam Lee's attempt to resurrect the band with a new lineup.

Last week, Rozz and Lee announced that they were rejoining forces in a revamped version of MASSACRE, dubbed MASSACRE X (the "X" was said to be "silent" and represents the band's tenth lineup). The main objective of the group — which also features Rozz's THE END bandmates Michael Grim (bass/vocals) and Mike Mazzonetto (drums) — was said to be "to rekindle the sound, style, aggression, and passion that originally elevated MASSACRE to cult status in the death metal scene two and a half decades ago."

Now, in a statement released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Andrews — who moved to Japan in the early 1990s — said that he does not approve of this latest attempt to reform MASSACRE and has threatened legal action if Rozz and Lee move forward with their plans.

Andrews said: "In light of the recent news that a version of MASSACRE are back on the scene, I would like to remind the parties involved, Rick Rozz and Kam Lee, that I started MASSACRE in 1984. As was my right, the name MASSACRE has been trademarked internationally by myself and Terry Butler. The name MASSACRE CANNOT and WILL NOT be used without our permission."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du coup ils changent de nom :
The revamped version of the classic late 1980s/early 1990s death metal band MASSACRE has changed its name from MASSACRE X to GODS OF DEATH.

GODS OF DEATH includes death metal pioneers Kam Lee (vocals) and Rick Rozz DeLillo (guitar). In 1983, they formed the band MANTAS which would later add Chuck Schuldiner and become DEATH. In 1985, Kam and Rick spearheaded yet another legendary death metal band called MASSACRE.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rick-r ... w3eOlfM.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici donc ce "nouveau" groupe :
The official lyric video for the song "Dead Man's Scream" from GODS OF DEATH, the new band featuring former MANTAS, DEATH and MASSACRE members Kam Lee (vocals) and Rick Rozz DeLillo (guitar), can be seen below. The track is one of two songs (along with "Return To The Caves Of Abomination") GODS OF DEATH recently recorded at CGM Studios in Altamonte Springs, Florida with producer Tim Vazquez.

GODS OF DEATH's current lineup includes drummer Mike Mazzonetto. Bassist/vocalist Michael Grim, who was involved in an early version of the project, is no longer playing with the group. Handling bass duties for GODS OF DEATH going forward will be Vazquez.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gods-o ... vI6FHoP.99

over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

gods of death sonne bien massacre en tout ca
Le nom est certes bien cliché mais au moins pas d'erreur sur la marchandise.
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Reformation et album de Massacre

Message par Everflow »

Le line-up a encore changé, si vous arrivez à suivre :
Reformed Florida death metal veterans MASSACRE have announced their new lineup. Joining original singer Kam Lee and bassist Michael Borders are guitarists Rogga Johansson (PAGANIZER), Jonny Pettersson (GODS FORSAKEN, WOMBBATH, HENRY KANE) and Scott Fairfax (MEMORIAM, AS THE WORLD DIES), along with drummer Brynjar Helgeton.

Says Borders: "WHO IS READY FOR REAL OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL!!!? We promised you new MASSACRE music and we are not going to let you down!!

"Despite recent setbacks, plans for a new MASSACRE album are still moving full speed ahead and with all guns blazing!

"Prepare for the raw, uncompromising sound you expect from MASSACRE!! #deathmetal #oldschooldeathmetal".

Earlier in the month, drummer Jeramie Kling (VENOM INC., THE ABSENCE, GOREGÄNG) and guitarist Taylor Nordberg (THE ABSENCE, GOREGÄNG) announced their departure from MASSACRE. The duo had joined the group less than a year ago and were said to be working on MASSACRE's fourth studio album at Kling/Nordberg's own Smoke & Mirrors Productions in Spring Hill, Florida.
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Du coup, il n'y a plus Rick Rozz?? Je viens de relire tous les messages sur cette page et je ne pige absolument rien! :lol:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En (très) résumé, Rick Rozz a formé THE END, tandis que Kam LEE conserve MASSACRE. Les 2 groupes sont bien entendu concurrents. :mad:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Avec Kam Lee donc :
Florida death metal veterans MASSACRE will release their fourth full-length album, "Resurgence", on October 22 via Nuclear Blast. The official visualizer for the LP's first single, "The Innsmouth Strain", can be seen below.

Commenting on the upcoming album and new single, vocalist Kam Lee states: "It's all about Lovecraft, isn't it? Honesty though, aesthetically MASSACRE needed two main things to return to be proper. A) The return to the core roots of O.S.D.M. (Old School Death Metal) style death metal that late '80s, early '90s sound. Musically, the record has to retain that nostalgic retro style. B) To return to the lyrical aesthetics laden with influences heavily drawn from the stories and fictional mythos that is all Lovecraftian.

"'The Innsmouth Strain' is heavily influenced by the H.P. Lovecraft story 'The Shadow Over Innsmouth' yet has my own twisted take on transmutation body horror aspects thrown in. I sort of lyrically give it a David Cronenberg/Junji Ito-type spin on a Lovecraft fiction. So lyrically it is basically about body horror of aquatic transmutation. Any deeper meaning then that is just speculative, but could simply be metaphor for our world's current situation with the pandemic and other threats of the spreading of viral infection. Musically it's just proper O.S.D.M. the way it's meant to be played and properly represented by MASSACRE."

Joining Lee and bassist Mike Borders for the new album are guitarists Rogga Johansson (PAGANIZER), Jonny Pettersson (GODS FORSAKEN, WOMBBATH, HENRY KANE) and Scott Fairfax (MEMORIAM, AS THE WORLD DIES), along with drummer Brynjar Helgeton (CRYPTICUS, THE GROTESQUERY). There are additional guest performances by Marc Grewe (INSIDIOUS DISEASE), Dave Ingram (BENEDICTION), Anders Odden (CADAVER) and Pete Slate (DRUID LORD) The LP was recorded with producer and death metal icon Dan Swanö (ex-EDGE OF SANITY, ex-BLOODBATH) and Pettersson as engineer/mixer.

MASSACRE's upcoming album will be the first to feature Borders, as well as the band's first recording in 25 years to feature Lee (ex-DEATH, ex-MANTAS).

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Old school et percutant.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un EP Lovecraftien en juillet.
Le leader de Cadavar apparait sur l'extrait, et ça bute comme dirait l'autre.
Following a slaying performance at Maryland Deathfest last weekend, Floridian death metal juggernauts, Massacre, have announced plans to release a new EP, titled Mythos, on July 1 via Nuclear Blast.

Today, the band has revealed the record's first single, "Behind The Serpent's Curse", which features Anders Odden (Cadaver), that is accompanied by a b-side track, "The Dunwich Horror".

Commenting on the new single and b-side, vocalist Kam Lee states: "'Behind the Serpent's Curse' is lyrically inspired by and roughly based on the Lovecraft short story "The Curse Of Yig," but is also the most metaphorically lyrical based song I've written in Massacre, and that is directly inspired by actual real life circumstances. It acts like a warning of sorts and is a foretelling of how it's been like dealing with certain toxic individuals in my life. It indirectly relates to individuals whom always seem to come in pairs, and how, like serpents these people spread their venomous poison (lies).

I also had guest vocalist Anders Odden (Cadaver) join me on this particular track because lyrically it is very similar in theme to the Cadaver track "Feed The Pigs" that I made a guest appearance on. Having two distinct vocalist on a track that lyrically is based on the concepts of duality of untrusting individuals wasn't just an after thought either, I always intended this track to be represented by two vocalist.

'The Dunwich Horror' is a more traditional track in both lyrical approach and aesthetics. It's just basically loosely based upon the Lovecraft story of the same name, but still resonates upon the core theme of twins. Two seemingly evil brother abominations brought into this world by a grotesque and hideous matriarch. I guess one could say I am suggesting that behind every pair of twin lying toxic men is always an equally conniving female antagonist. Yeah, sure, I'm simply reflecting upon my own past experiences, but it seems to be the case in a lot of similar circumstances.

Musically both tracks are laden in the same old school death metal style that can be found on 'Resurgence.' It's a sound and style that carries over and shall continue to be the core essence of MASSACRE under my helm."

Répondre