Autobiographie de Ronnie James Dio

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dio est en train d'écrire son autobiographie, centrée pas uniquement autour de lui mais aussi autour de ceux qu'il a côtoyé : Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore, etc.

Sortie prévue l'an prochain.
According to U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine, legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW, DIO) has begun writing his autobiography. It will "not be centered around myself so much as me telling my life story through the stories of those around me," he is quoted as saying.

Dio explained that he's fitting the writing around a hectic schedule with HEAVEN & HELL, which is scheduled to release its debut album, "The Devil You Know", later this month.

"Every time I feel I'm getting halfway there, another halfway comes along," he said. "But yes, I'm writing it and it's certainly going to be very, very interesting for people interested in the bands I've been in and the people I've played with.

"You have to have a focal point, and I guess that had to be me. It's an autobiography, but within it, I tell the stories that somehow explain a little bit what [former RAINBOW mastermind] Ritchie [Blackmore]'s like or [BLACK SABBATH's] Tony [Iommi]'s like or Geezer [Butler]'s like. I don't analyze them, but just in telling the tales I paint everyone in as good a light as possible. It's not a tell-all book."

According to Dio, anyone expecting to read about on-the-road debauchery and excesses will be disappointed. "I've tried to live my life on a very straight path,' he told Classic Rock. "I'm not Nikki Sixx [MÖTLEY CRÜE] or people who go over the edge. That's alluring to a lot of people, but I'm sure being a little bit different is alluring to some other people, too."

The as-yet-untitled book is tentatively due next year.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Mouais, je suis pas sûr que ça croustille autant que la bio de Lemmy ou Mötley Crüe !! :D :D

Oui-Oui au pays du Metal ! :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Ouais ouais mais niveau cul et débauche une fois que t'as lu the Dirt tout le reste sera forcement moins croustillant de toute façon...

Non je pense que ça peut être vraiment intéressant. je serais client en tout cas ! :)
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

On va peut-être enfin apprendre sa date de naissance : 1942 ou 49?
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Ben si je me souviens bien, un peu avant Elf, RJ Dio et son groupe ont eu un grave accident de voiture dans lequel leur guitariste a perdu la vie et un autre membre du groupe est quand même resté plusieurs mois à l'Hosto !!
Dans le bouquin "sound of the beast" de Ian Christe, Dio a dit lui-même qu'à l'époque de Elf, ils avaient une vie assez débauchée. "C'était l'époque où on jetait des télés par les fenêtres. Cétait idiot quand on y repense. Mais c'est ce que les rock-stars étaient censées faire, alors on le faisait. On baisait pendant des nuits entières, le sexe était génial. Il n'y avait pas encore le sida : le pire qu'on risquait, c'était d'attraper la chaude-pisse."

Heureusement, il s'est assagi !
:euh:
:riff:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dio dit explicitement que ça n'aura rien à voir avec une autobiographie de type "The Dirt", il a eu une hygiène de vie saine donc forcément son point de vue sera à son image.
Mais pour les fans des groupes dont il a fait partie ça devrait être intéressant, je suis sûr qu'il a une tonne d'anecdotes à coucher sur papier quand on voit toutes celles qu'il sort pendant les interviews. Sans parler du fait que Dio a suivi toute l'évolution du metal de ses balbutiements jusqu'à aujourd'hui, donc il a certainement une perspective et un recul à ce niveau qu'on ne peut pas avoir.
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Peut-être qu'on aura enfin la véritable explication du "pourquoi il s'est fait virer de Black Sabbath" !! (Le truc comme quoi il s'est introduit la nuit dans le studio pour monter le volume de sa voix sur les bandes.... :hum: :lol: )
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour ça faudra également attendre l'autobiographie de Tony Iommi je sens. :D
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Espérons surtout que ça sera traduit en français, parce ce que si en plus de ne pas être sex, drugs and rock n'roll, elles sont en anglais les anecdotes, ça risque d'être ronflant ! :D
Non comme le dit Everflow, la longévité de sa carrière fait que ça risque d'être hyper intéressant comme biographie.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

En français ou en anglais, je suis preneur :rock: Pas besoin d'une biographique ultra-trash à la The Dirt pour être intéressante, surtout au vu du parcours et de la longévité du bonhomme :up:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Elle est sur le point de sortir (12 ans après), mais je suis partagé. La première partie est rédigée par lui-même avant sa mort, couvrant jusqu'à l'époque Rainbow. Très bien.
Mais la deuxième partie est rédigée par quelqu'un d'autre, sur les informations de Wendy. Ce n'est du coup plus une autobiographie, ou juste à moitié. D'autant plus que le point de vue de Wendy n'est pas franchement impartial, surtout quand on se rappelle qu'ils ont divorcé précisément à l'époque qu'elle est censée raconter... Compliqué tout ça.

the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Je pensais qu'ils s'étaient mariés à l'époque de Rainbow au contraire.
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Oui, et cette partie Ronnie l'a écrite lui-même.
Mais la période DIO (le groupe), c'est sa femme qui l'a écrite, alors que c'est justement à ce moment là qu'ils se sont séparés (après the last in line je crois, pas certain). A la limite cela aurait été intéressant d'avoir le contrepoint de vue des ex-membres, mais vu l'état de leurs relations...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un extrait, visiblement encore écrit par lui-même, sur comment il a rejoint Black Sabbath :

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... pt-1185764
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Selon Wendy la partie écrite après la mort de Ronnie est surtout basée sur des interviews d'époque :
Ronnie James Dio's wife and manager Wendy Dio spoke to Junkman about the legendary heavy metal singer's just-released memoir, "Rainbow In The Dark: The Autobiography", which she, along with writer Mick Wall, completed after Ronnie's death. On the topic of the writing process, Wendy said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Ronnie started writing the book. And he wasn't in a hurry, but he wanted it out. And he would write a bit and then leave it for a while, and then write a bit and leave it for a while. And then, when he was sick, he scribbled a bunch of notes. 'Cause he wrote the book right up until almost the end of RAINBOW. And then he would scribble notes and put different things down that he wanted to remember to put in the book, and so on and so forth. But, unfortunately, he never got to finish it.

"I had a book deal for Ronnie when he was still alive," she continued. "But then we kind of put it aside, and it wasn't the right time. It's hard to go down all those memories and stuff. And then Mick Wall kept prodding me and prodding me. He knew Ronnie very well; he was a journalist in the U.K. and had interviewed [Ronnie] many, many times. He'd become a friend over the years. And he kept prodding me, and he said, 'C'mon. We've gotta do this.' So, a couple of years ago, we decided, 'Okay. Let's go for it. Let's start doing it.' But I wanted it written in Ronnie's own words. Fortunately, Ronnie's mother had a scrapbook with every interview Ronnie had ever done, I think. And we went through a bunch of stuff and picked out things that was carrying on with his life during those times. But it was things that Ronnie still said in interviews. We put that all together, and then memories of mine that came up at that time. So that's how we finished the book."
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

et pourquoi qu'elle demande pas à son hologramme de finir le bouquin ? :D
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

:up: :up: :up: t’es un génie !

:lol:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Autobiographie de Ronnie James Dio

Message par Everflow »

Le bouquin va être traduit dans plein de langues... sauf une. :D
The long-awaited autobiography from heavy metal music icon Ronnie James Dio, the powerhouse voice of ELF, Ritchie Blackmore's RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH and his longtime namesake band DIO, was recently by published by Permuted Press in the U.S. and Canada and Constable in the U.K. and is now set for publication in a number of other countries and languages. Co-written with British music journalist Mick Wall and Dio's widow and longtime manager Wendy Dio, "Rainbow In The Dark: The Autobiography" is now available at amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com or wherever books are sold.

"Rainbow In The Dark: The Autobiography" debuted at #12 on Publisher's Weekly's Hard Cover/Non-Fiction Best Sellers last week, its first week of release. Next up will be its August 27 publication in Germany. In addition, there are plans for the book to be published in Finnish, Bulgarian, Portuguese (in Brazil), Japanese, Swedish, Italian and Polish in the coming months and in Hungarian in the first quarter of 2022. Because Ronnie James Dio toured all over the world with his various band incarnations, this will be exciting news for his many fans outside of the United States.
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Pas trop surpris à vrai dire....
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une chronique (et des remarques / critiques du bouquin dans les commentaires aussi) :

the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

J'aime beaucoup le travail de Pete Pardo.
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un documentaire va également sortir, retraçant toute sa vie :
Wendy Dio, widow and longtime manager of Ronnie James Dio, spoke to Argentinian journalist Lucas Gordon about the upcoming career-spanning documentary on the life and times of the legendary rock icon. It is the first documentary about Dio to be fully authorized by the artist's estate. BMG is both financier and executive producer of the film.

"It's coming out [later this] year," she said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). "I [recently] saw the first cut of it. It was very emotional. It's very different from [Dio's autobiography]. 'Cause the book finishes in 1986, with Ronnie playing Madison Square Garden. But the documentary goes all the way through his life till the end. And it was very emotional. I was watching it with my publicist and a person from BMG, who are funding the documentary. And we all cried. It was very emotional. But it's really interesting and really good. Rob Halford is great in it, talking about stories. Lita Ford [and] Jack Black [are also in it]. Eddie Trunk [SiriusXM radio personality] and Mick Wall [author of Dio's autobiography] both kind of narrated it and everything. I'm very pleased with it. I don't know exactly when it's gonna come out [this] year, but it'll be out [this] year."

Last August, Wendy told SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk" about what fans can expect to see in the documentary: "There's a bunch of stuff from [old] Super 8 [tapes] and some other stuff. There's fantastic interviews with all kinds of different people about when they were working with Ronnie or what they were doing at the time, maybe supporting Ronnie. It's totally different to the [recently released Dio] book. And I'm very interested to see this cut. I'm excited, actually, to see it. And I think it's gonna be great."

In October 2019, Wendy told the WSOU radio station that the documentary "will go from Ronnie's childhood all the way through [to the end of his life]. I think they interviewed Jack Black, and I think they interviewed all of Ronnie's bandmembers and Doug Aldrich and, I think, Jeff Pilson. They were getting ready to go to Arizona to interview Rob Halford and Lita Ford. And then they were going into England to interview Tony Iommi. They already did Geezer [Butler]. So there will be very interesting stories from different people. I think it'll be a great thing, and it'll show people a lot of things that people have never seen before."
Répondre