Praying Mantis (NWOBHM / hard rock mélodique)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

OK, ça fait un moment que ce groupe anglais ne joue plus vraiment de NWOBHM, mais ça reste un bon p'tit groupe qui attaque sa 3ème décennie. :)

Sortie le 5 juin.

BraveWords.com has received the following:

Frontiers Records is excited to announce the release of the new PRAYING MANTIS studio album entitled Sanctuary on June 5th in Europe and July 14th in the USA.

Praying Mantis are one of the prime movers of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement. Founded by brothers Chris (bass, vocals) and Tino (guitar, vocals) Troy in the UK, the band debuted in 1981 with the release of Time Tells No Lies, an album that still today is considered one of the best expressions of that musical period, even if it did not meet with much commercial fortune.

In 1990 Praying Mantis finally reformed with a new line-up featuring two ex-IRON MAIDEN cohorts: Paul Di'Anno (on vocals) and Dennis Stratton (on guitar), with Bruce Bisland on drums, thanks to the interest of some Japanese promoters releasing a live album (Live At Last) in 1990 recorded during that tour. The success gained in the Eastern lands, convinced the band about the possibility of a permanent reunion and with a renewed line-up (the band featured in this time ex-MSG singer Gary Barden, then Mark Thompson-Smith and later Tony O’Hora on vocals) they went on to release six studio and one live album.

After 2003’s The Journey Goes On, an album that featured different singers, most notably John Sloman (ex-LONE STAR) and Dougie White (MALMSTEEN, RAINBOW), the band entered a hiatus period, which was finally broken in the summer of 2007, when a new incarnation of the band - formed by the Troy brothers with Benjy Reid on drums, Andy Burgess on guitars and Mike Freeland on vocals - appeared at the Bang Your Head festival and later - in the summer 2008 - at the Headbanger’s Open Air Festival in Germany and at the Bloodstock Festival in the UK, while writing a brand new stunning studio album.

Entitled Sanctuary, the new LP was recorded in Atlanta, USA under the direction of producer/engineer Andy Reilly (ASIA, THE CULT, BRUCE DICKINSON). The music is instantly recognizable and features plenty of great melodies and songs. “Hard to believe but Mantis have been in existence for over 30 years. Quite incredible really that we are still there releasing albums and maturing nicely” says Chris Troy. “This also coincides with the 30th anniversary since the inception of NWOBHM (New Wave Of British Heavy Metal). Iron Maiden have obviously made it and just as importantly have managed to stay up there for this long time. Well done lads! By the way the album title Sanctuary has no relationship to them! However we do share some history and maybe this album will put us up there with them.”

“I know its probably a cliché statement used by so many bands, but I do honestly believe it is by far the best thing we have ever done,” continues Chris. “The lyrics on most songs are quite deep and in some ways dark but I think these suit the music which is intrinsically based on minor chord structures (the saddest chords !). There are some real epics and duelling guitar harmonies in the standard Mantis style and all the fans who have heard it so far have been giving us some great feedback”.

Final tracklisting includes: 'In Time', 'Restless Heart', 'Tears In The Rain', 'So High', 'Lonely Way Home', 'Touch The Rainbow', 'Threshold Of A Dream', 'Playing God', 'Highway', 'Sanctuary'.

What we have on Sanctuary is a band that contains some very fine and experienced musicians who have put together a collection of songs that create a really classic album. “To those have remained with Mantis through the highs and lows of our career we salute you!” concludes Chris Troy “We hope you enjoy the new album and we dedicate it to you. Very special thanks!”

The album will be exclusively presented at the Bush Hall in London, UK on May 3rd with a special pre-listening session and “Welcome back” concert. More dates and festivals are in the works.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Yama
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Yama »

C'est toujours bien sympa en live, par contre sur album, au vu du changement de style, j'ai un peu peur que ça ne casse pas des briques. Mais pourquoi pas, faut voir.
- L'affreux Warnabot.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je les avais vus l'an dernier au BYH et j'avais été agréablement surpris par leur état de fraicheur en effet! :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le clip de "Turn the Tide", rien de metal effectivement mais une ballade AOR qui s'écoute bien :

[youtube][/youtube]
"Turn The Tide", the new video from NWOBHM (New Wave Of British Heavy Metal) legends PRAYING MANTIS, can be viewed below. The song comes off the band's new studio album, "Sanctuary", which is scheduled for release in Europe on June 5 via Frontiers Records (July 14 in the U.S.). The CD was recorded in Atlanta, Georgia under the direction of producer/engineer Andy Reilly (ASIA, THE CULT, BRUCE DICKINSON, FM, etc). "Hard to believe but MANTIS have been in existence for over thirty years," says bassist Chris Troy. "Quite incredible, really, that we are still there releasing albums and maturing nicely. This also coincides with the 30th anniversary since the inception of NWOBHM (New Wave Of British Heavy Metal). IRON MAIDEN have obviously made it and just as importantly have managed to stay up there for this long time. Well done, lads! By the way, the album title 'Sanctuary' has no relationship to them!! However, we do share some history and maybe this album will put us up there with them."

He continued, "I know its probably a cliché statement used by so many bands, but I do honestly believe it is by far the best thing we have ever done. The lyrics on most songs are quite deep and in some ways dark but I think these suit the music which is intrinsically based on minor chord structures (the saddest chords !). There are some real epics and duelling guitar harmonies in the standard MANTIS style and all the fans who have heard it so far have been giving us some great feedback."

"Sanctuary" track listing:

01. In Time
02. Threshold Of Dream
03. Broken Chains
04. Playing God
05. Restless Heart
06. Turn The Tide
07. Touch The Rainbow
08. Cry In The Rain
09. So High
10. Highway
11. Sanctuary

PRAYING MANTIS is:

Tino Troy - Guitar, Backing Vocals
Chris Troy - Bass, Backing Vocals
Benjy Reid - Drums
Andy Burgess - Guitar, Backing Vocals
Mike Freeland - Lead Vocals
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

La pochette est réalisée par Rainer Kalwitz qui a également fait la pochette de l'album de Holy Cross :bang: :bang:
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

j'ai complètement oublié de venir ici pour dire QUE CET ALBUM EST UNE PUTAIN DE CLAQUE DANS LA GUEULE ! :yeah:
J'étais sceptique mais je l'ai pris après avoir entendu quelques nouveaux titres qui déboitaient en live lors de leur concert au pacific rock. :rock:
Ne pas se fiez à Turn the tide c'est la plus calme (et la seule) de l'album! (Titre que j'aime bien tout de même).
Mais il est vrai que les compos sont un mix entre du heavy et du hard fm (à cause du chant principalement et des refrains faciles et chantant), mais pour ceux qui s'en inquiéterait il y a toujours des solos sur toutes les compos.
Je rapprocherais cela de Pretty maids maintenant pour donner une comparaison.
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

complètement d'accord, cet album est excellent ! d'ailleurs ça fait quelques jours que je me le suis pas envoyé tiens !!!
des compos vraiment accrocheuses !!
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
zepforce
Disciple of the Watch
Disciple of the Watch

Message par zepforce »

ils seront en concert le samedi 20 mars à Aulnoy les Valenciennes (Nord), salle des Nymphéas.

MOLOTOW - PRAYING MANTIS - LIGHTSEEKERS - SHANNON - MZ - ROZZ sont confirmés.
encore deux /trois groupes a rajouter.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Nouvel album annoncé :
Praying Mantis UK Rock - Metal are finally ready to unleash their tenth studio album, “Legacy”! Check out an EPK of the album here: LEGACY will be released August 21st.

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

il était temps ! 6ans depuis la sortie de l'excellent Sanctuary, je regrette le départ du chanteur d'ailleurs, Mike Freeland qui avait fait un super boulot sur l'album, tant au niveau vocal que de composition puisqu'il est crédité sur la plupart des titres de l'album.
Impatient d'écouter ça et j’achèterai quand même de toute façon.
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

Voila un groupe qui ne m'a jamais déçu, pas un mauvais album en 35 ans de carrière !
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Toujours de bonnes guitares, et le nouveau chanteur assure. Encore une fois du bon hard FM kitschounet et metallisé?
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Encore un extrait :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Hard FM tout court sur ce titre, mais c'est très accrocheur ainsi.
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Sympa mais trop sucré pour moi (par contre en NWOBHM la voix était parfaite!) :)
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

4ème extrait :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

11ème album en mai, et premier extrait soigné :
British rockers PRAYING MANTIS will release their 11th studio album, "Gravity", on May 11 via Frontiers Music Srl.

After the positive response given to to the band's last studio release, 2015's "Legacy", the new record sees PRAYING MANTIS return with another inspired, take-no-prisoners set.

The album also sees MANTIS retain the same lineup, with John Cuijpers (vocals) and Hans In't Zandt (drums) again contributing to the songwriting process. Alongside founding members Tino Troy, Chris Troy and Andy Burgess, they have not only helped in the writing of the songs, but also in providing a new dimension in terms of sound engineering and overall production.

One of the most influential and well-known sleeve artists in the rock field, Rodney Matthews (MAGNUM, DIAMOND HEAD, ALLEN/LANDE), has been commissioned to design the artwork for "Gravity" in the same style and stunning quality that so many fans loved on MANTIS albums such as "Time Tells No Lies", "Predator In Disguise" and the aforementioned "Legacy".

The "Gravity" title track can be streamed below.

PRAYING MANTIS was formed by brothers Tino and Chris Troy in 1973 and together with bands like IRON MAIDEN, DEF LEPPARD, SAXON, and others they spearheaded the NWOBHM movement. While they did not see the same dizzying heights of success as some of their contemporaries, PRAYING MANTIS nonetheless became one of the most influential bands of the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM). The band has remained active over the years and still record and play live regularly.

PRAYING MANTIS will perform at the annual Frontiers Rock Festival in Milan, Italy on April 28.

PRAYING MANTIS is:

John Cuijpers: lead vocals
Tino Troy: guitars & vocals
Chris Troy: bass & vocals
Andy Burgess: guitars & vocals
Hans In't Zandt: drums

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

AOR meets Thin Lizzy :

adx
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par adx »

je suis un inconditionnel du groupe depuis fort longtemps, sur scène, c est énorme, ils jouent toujours pas mal de titres de leur premier album
bientôt en concert au court of chaos
heavy metal will never die
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie fin janvier.
Frontiers Music Srl announces the release of the new studio album, Katharsis, from long-running UK hard rockers, Praying Mantis. The album will be released on January 28. This will be their 12th studio album and sees the band steadily progressing from the sonic signatures of their last release, Gravity.

Fans can get their first taste of new music from the band with the release of the single and video, "Cry For The Nations". See the video below, and pre-order/save Katharsis on CD/LP/Digital, here.

Katharsis features the same lineup that has been featured on the previous two albums, with vocalist John ‘Jaycee’ Cuijpers and drummer Hans in ’t Zandt cementing themselves as part of the band's ongoing legacy. The two have truly provided a new dimension to the writing process and musical performances delivered by the band. Together with founding members Tino and Chris Troy and guitarist Andy Burgess, who has been with the band since 2008, they have been instrumental not only in the writing of the new songs, but in providing a new vision in terms of sound engineering and production.

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Très bon premier titre, rythme pas foufou mais la qualité de la compo rattrape tout. Ça me donne envie d'attendre un peu pour mon quota de chèques culture. :up:
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

J'ai écouté l'album deux fois et il passe très bien. Je pense qu'il devrait pas mal tourner dans les prochains mois :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre