Burning Starr (Jack Starr ex-Virgin Steele)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Des clips alors.
Mais Jack Starr n'a pas un peu beaucoup de cheveux pour un mec de 70 ans? :D

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Je me suis fais la même réflexion. En fait j'ai trouvé 2 dates de naissances : 1962 (sur metal archives) et 1950 (sur le wiki espagnol). La première n'est pas crédible du tout, y'a des photos de lui avec son groupe de 1973-1974, il a au moins 18-19 ans... Et 1950 ça fait donc un peu vieux, mais c'est plus crédible que la seconde. Quant tu vois ses interviews récentes sur youtube, il a visage qui fait vraiment marqué, hormis la moumoute.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un nouveau chanteur est recruté, Todd Hall (RIOT V) ayant quitté le groupe :
U.S. power metal act JACK STARR'S BURNING STARR has commenced work on new studio album, titled "Souls Of The Innocent". The band is once again collaborating with sound engineer Kevin Burnes and producer Bart Gabriel, with whom it made the last two studio albums, "Stand Your Ground" and "Land Of The Dead". "Souls Of The Innocent" will be released by High Roller Records and will mark JACK STARR'S BURNING STARR's recording debut with new singer Alex Panza.

"We, the members of BURNING STARR, are very pleased to have Alex Panza join us as our new lead singer," says Jack Starr. "For those who have been following our band and my solo albums through the years, you will know that we have had some great singers in the past, like Rhett Forester, Mike Tirelli and, most recently, Todd Micheal Hall, and now we are proud to welcome Alex Panza, and we are sure that his voice and his singing style will be very much appreciated by our fans."

BURNING STARR was formed in 1985 by the VIRGIN STEELE co-founder and guitar wizard Jack Starr. After making four classic albums in the '80s — "Rock The American Way" (1985), "No Turning Back!" (1986), "Blaze Of Glory" (1987) and "Jack Starr's Burning Starr" (1989) — the band returned with a new lineup featuring Starr, Ned Meloni (bass guitar, ex-JOE LYNN TURNER band), Kenny Rhino Earl (drums, ex-MANOWAR) and Todd Michael Hall (vocals, now in RIOT V).
unchained
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par unchained »

Alex Panza : c'est l'actuel chanteur de l'excellent groupe espagnol HITTEN ! J'espère qu'il continue également avec la formation ibérique.
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Grosse perte pour Burning Starr, c'est dommage.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La suite sort ce mois-ci, avec donc le chanteur de Hitten.
Jack Starr's Burning Starr have unveiled the first video from their forthcoming new album, Souls Of The Innocent, released by Global Rock Records July 15 worldwide.

The first video and first music released from the forthcoming new album is once again what Burning Starr do best... US power metal. The new video showcases the bands new lineup in a setting they are most comfortable... performing.

Watch the video for "Souls Of The Innocent" below.

Bassist Ned Meloni states: "I’m beyond excited about the release of our new album, Souls Of The Innocent. We’ve managed to stretch our boundaries in some new directions while still maintaining the same path we’ve been on in recent years. There’s an ever present and intangible group X-factor throughout this album as a result of working together for so many years. Our individual and collaborative efforts in both the writing and playing departments have reached new heights on this one. The addition of our new singer, Alexx Panza, brings pleasing new textures and a wonderful vibrato while maintaining the signature, time-tested Burning Starr vocal dynamics. Working with Kevin Burnes again means we have top shelf production values and sonic perfection. I can’t stop listening!"

Souls Of The Innocent continues Jack and the band's commitment to true US style power metal... new vocalist Alexx Panza also continues the band's legacy of discovering great vocal talent.

Jack has the following to say about the new album: "When Virgin Steele put out its first album in 1982 we were asked by the record company to say a few words about it and why people should buy it... I remember all of us discussing the various influences we had and what the songs were about, I recall one member saying people should buy the album because it has some great songs that were very heavy and had cool riffs, I recall someone else in the band saying the vocals were killer and the drums were like thunder and that metal fans would like it, Someone else said the guitar playing is really great. But what I remember most is when the bass player uttered these simple words "Buy It...It's Good"."

Now its forty years later and that sentence makes even more sense. Burning Starr, the band Jack Starr founded in 1984, is on its tenth album... Yes they have gotten better... Yes they have thunderous drums provided by Rhino (former drummer of Manowar) and yes they have killer vocals that some would describe as "pillar crumbling" provided by Alexx Panza, and yes again they have massive and agile playing by long time Burning Starr bassist Ned Meloni... last but not least some great guitar playing by ex-Virgin Steele guitarist Jack Starr.

But after all the hype and catch phrases fade away, the bottom line still remains... and the words still ring true... "Buy it...It's Good".

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »