W.E.T. - Work of Art - Eclipse - Talisman (AOR)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

nath
Spotlight Kid
Spotlight Kid

Message par nath »

Le nouveau projet de Jeff Scott Soto (Talisman) sortira en novembre. En attendant :

- une vidéo promo de l'album :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVvPtCdAfV8

- un titre à télécharger sur le site de Frontiers Records :

http://www.frontiers.it/intro/wet_promo.html
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

W.E.T (JSS inside)

Message par Gandalf »

Un super groupe qui sort un album AOR prometteur le 5/11/09.

Ce sont les initiales des trois groupes dont sont issus les musicos ! Original ! (Work of art, Eclipse, Talisman)

Ca sonne super bien, même si on reconnait dans les extraits, du Journey, du Gotthard, du Toto... bref que du bon !
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Re: W.E.T (JSS inside)

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

Un titre en entier ici en passant:

:pointer:
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

'tain c'est tata à mort c'est bon ça! :tata:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

:D :D :D

ça va déflorer les vierges cet album je suis sur ! :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tiens j'avais pas posté la pochette.
Derrière cet acronyme se cachent trois cadors du hard mélodique : Robert Säll guitariste de Work of Art, Erik Martensson, chanteur/guitariste/bassiste/clavier d’Eclipse et Jeff Scott Soto, chanteur de Talisman. Ce trio exceptionnel, qui partage un amour commun pour des formations telles que Journey, Giant ou Whitesnake, nous offre un très grand disque de Hard FM riche en mélodies.

“L’album que j’aurai pu composer avec Journey, si j’avais continué mon voyage avec eux…” (JSS)
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

Je l'ai écouté, c'est sympatoche mais ça s'arrête là pour ma part...
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

2ème album en février :
Frontiers Records will release W.E.T.'s new studio album, "Rise Up", on February 22 in Europe and February 26 in North America.

W.E.T.'s 2009 debut CD was one of the rare occasions when a band, created by the vision of a record label president, managed to generate a wave of enthusiasm and interest from fans and the media alike. Not only did it go beyond the band's own expectations, but it pushed the musicians themselves to raise their own game, when in the beginning they thought no one would care except maybe the die-hard fans from the three bands the name W.E.T. came from.

The key element to the success of W.E.T. was to create a modern melodic hard rock sound and drive it into the future with powerhouse rhythm and production, making it an equally classic and contemporary release.

Robert Säll (the "W" from WORK OF ART), Erik Mårtensson (the "E" from ECLIPSE) and Jeff Scott Soto (the "T" from TALISMAN), along with returning ECLIPSE members Magnus Henriksson and Robban Bäck, accepted the daunting task to create a follow-up that could live up to the expectation of thousands of fans across the globe.

The album's release will be anticipated by the release of the single, "Learn To Live Again", on December 17 — an unbelievably radio-friendly song, which features for the first time a vocal duet between Mårtensson and Soto.

"Rise Up" presents again a massive production and equally impressive songwriting, which updates the term "classic rock" into the new century.

"The songs were written between December 2011 to February 2012 and were recorded between March through May. We then wrote/added three more songs in September, recorded them in October and the whole album was finally mixed and mastered," says Erik Mårtensson. "To me, this album sounds more like a 'band' verses the first album", adds Jeff Scott Soto. "The first album was great as it had a lot of great songs, but this one has great songs and a band personality, which shows growth as far as I'm concerned."

Hook after hook, "Rise Up" is another one of these albums where you can enjoy the dynamics of a brilliant partnership bringing out a unique result. Melodic bullet rockers are followed by haunting ballads and fabulous arena rockers in an album that will leave listeners in awe from start to finish.

"We took what we all loved about the first album and built the songwriting and sound from that," says Mårtensson. "We wanted to give the band more of an identity and tried to find 'our' own sound. I really think we achieved it with this album. Heavier and darker than the first album which we all in the band love. It's melodic rock for a new century!" Soto adds: "Strangely, my faves are the more uptempo songs and ballads on this album, W.E.T. do great AOR stuff naturally but to have more strength on some tracks and then get emotionally charged in others made those songs the more interesting for me."

W.E.T. plans to launch the new album through a special live show in Stockholm at the Debaser Club on January 17, 2013. The band so far has made only one live appearance at the annual Firefest event in the U.K. in October 2011, but in this new and special concert appearance, they will be showcasing for the first time new songs as well as digging some tracks from the now classic debut, plus some cool surprises.

"Rise Up" track listing:

01. Walk Away
02. Learn to Live Again
03. Rise Up
04. Love Heals
05. What You Want
06. The Moment
07. Bad Boy
08. On The Run
09. Broken Wings
10. Shot
11. Still Believe In Us
12. Still Unbroken

W.E.T. is:

Jeff Scott Soto: Lead Vocals
Erik Mårtensson: Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Vocals
Robert Säll: Keyboards, Guitar
Robban Bäck: Drums
Magnus Henriksson: Guitar
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Bon bah c'est pas la révélation de la journée, mais ça s'écoute plutôt bien! :rock:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Album déjà écouté plusieurs fois et je peux déjà dire qu'il est beaucoup moins accrocheur que le premier :/
Bien mais rien qui reste dans la tronche dès les 2 premières écoutes.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Ouais ben apres une dizaine d'ecoutes je revise mon jugement. Moins de refrains ultimes a la "One love" du premier, mais de vraies pepites, une reelle homogeneité tout le long, et un grand plaisir d'ecoute. :oui: :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un live à Stockholm arrive :
Frontiers Records will release of W.E.T.'s 2CD/DVD "One Live - In Stockholm" on February 21 in Europe and February 24 in North America.

On January 17, 2013, W.E.T. played an exclusive show at the Debaser Club in Stockholm, Sweden to celebrate the release of their sophomore album, "Rise Up". The show was promoted almost exclusively through a viral web campaign, so that night the faithful and energized crowd's fever for the band, featuring Robert Säll (the "W" from WORK OF ART), Erik Mårtensson (the "E" from ECLIPSE) and Jeff Scott Soto (the "T" from TALISMAN) was incredibly high (despite the cold Swedish winter being in full force). Fans flew in from all over the world and the venue was packed to the rafters when the band hit the stage with their driving number "Walk Away".

W.E.T. showcased songs from the then forthcoming album "Rise Up" as well as from the critically acclaimed self-titled 2009 debut album. A truly exquisite performance, where the band played many fan favorites including two TALISMAN songs, as well as one song each from ECLIPSE and WORK OF ART. The ECLIPSE song was "Bleed & Scream" which was sung by Erik Mårtensson and the WORK OF ART song was "The Great Fall" where the band were joined by Lars Säfsund, lead singer of WORK OF ART.

Jeff Scott Soto recalls: "For us, it was a magical night as much as a nervous one... We all have the experience of performing live to multitudes of people, the wisdom on how to take the show from A-Z but none of these items together as a new band. With that, you're witnessing something I know in 10-20 years time, we will all reflect upon as something special captured on film and recording as a moment in time we'll never forget."

The show was filmed and recorded for a live CD/DV release, which also includes two unreleased bonus tracks, studio cuts taken from the "Rise Up" sessions.

The resulting album "One Live - In Stockholm" captures a stunning performance and celebrates the birth of W.E.T. as a kick-ass live unit.

"One Live - In Stockholm" track listing:

CD1:

01. Walk Away
02. Learn To Live Again
03. Invincible
04. I'll Be There
05. Love Heals
06. Rise Up
07. Bleed & Scream
08. Bad Boy
09. Still Unbroken
10. Broken Wings
11. I'll Be Waiting

CD2:

01. If I Fall
02. Shot
03. Comes Down Like Rain
04. The Great Fall
05. What You Want
06. Brothers In Arms
07. Mysterious
08. One Love
09. Poison (Numbing The Pain) (bonus studio track)
10. Bigger Than Both Of Us (bonus studio track)

DVD:

01. Walk Away
02. Learn To Live Again
03. Invincible
04. I'll Be There
05. Love Heals
06. Rise Up
07. Bleed & Scream
08. Bad Boy
09. Still Unbroken
10. Broken Wings
11. I'll Be Waiting
12. If I Fall; Shot
13. Comes Down Like Rain
14. The Great Fall
15. What You Want
16. Brothers In Arms
17. Mysterious
18. One Love
19. Love Heals (bonus videoclip)
20. Learn to Live Again (bonus videoclip)

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/w-e-t- ... zMJeAcm.99
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

J'achete ! JSS ou ze frontman :bow:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est reparti pour un troisième tour :
The Swedish/American melodic hard rock supergroup W.E.T., which features vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (SONS OF APOLLO, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, TALISMAN), guitarist/vocalist Erik Martensson (ECLIPSE, NORDIC UNION, AMMUNITION) and guitarist Robert Säll (WORK OF ART), will release its third studio album, "Earthrage", on March 23 via Frontiers Records Srl. The first single from the album, "Watch The Fire", can be streamed below.

W.E.T. — whose moniker is an acronym of the names of the acts that the group's core members are best known for (WORK OF ART, ECLIPSE, TALISMAN) — released its acclaimed self-titled debut album in 2009. The band's sophomore effort, "Rise Up", surfaced in 2013, followed by the live CD/DVD "One Live - In Stockholm" in 2014.

Now, the group — which also features drummer Robban Bäck (MUSTASCH) and guitarist Magnus Henriksson (ECLIPSE) — returns with an album that label owner Serafino Perugino claims is "by far one of the best records in Frontiers's history."

"Earthrage" track listing:

01. Watch The Fire
02. Burn
03. Kings On Thunder Road
04. Elegantly Wasted
05. Urgent
06. Dangerous
07. Calling Out Your Name
08. Heart Is On The Line
09. I Don't Wanna Play That Game
10. The Burning Pain Of Love
11. The Never-Ending Retraceable Dream

Soto told 100 Percent Rock Magazine last month that W.E.T. is "a project. It's not a band in the sense of touring and we get together and do the things that bands do. That's why we only have a handful of dates under our belts to date. We've never actually done a tour together, because it's three completely different bands that are just so busy all the time. And Erik is as bad as I am — Erik Mårtensson. He's in several bands and he's always producing and writing and jumping from one to the next. We've never tried to actually follow up as a band."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/melodi ... 8SVE3G6.99
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Cool ! :scream: :banghorns: :yeah:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Toujours efficace :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:dance:

Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Re: W.E.T. - Work of Art - Eclipse - Talisman (AOR)

Message par Gandalf »

Je viens à peine de le choper et encore une fois c'est la pure classe mélodique :scream:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On ressort le smiley qui va bien : :dance:
W.E.T. has announced the release of their fourth album, Retransmission, on January 22 via Frontiers Music Srl. Core members Jeff Scott Soto, Erik Mårtensson, and Robert Säll deliver another astounding album that will surely be a contender for Melodic Rock Album of the Year in 2021. Today, fans can get their first taste of the new album with the single and video, "Big Boys Don't Cry". Watch the clip below, and pre-order/save Retransmission on CD, LP, Limited Edition Color LP, & Digital here.

W.E.T truly epitomizes what melodic rock has become in the new decade. The key element at the foundation of W.E.T has always been to create a modern melodic hard rock sound that will drive the genre into the future. Combining powerhouse rhythms and top notch production (courtesy of Erik Martensson), the music is equally classic and contemporary. Retransmission is nothing else than an absolute milestone, which is well in keeping with the tradition established by the three amazing records that have preceded this one.

Starting with a genre-defining self-titled debut, Robert Såll (the “W” from Work of Art), Erik Mårtensson (the “E” from Eclipse), and Jeff Scott Soto (the “T” from Talisman) accepted the daunting task to give that debut a follow-up, Rise Up. After that stellar follow-up, their third opus, Earthrage, cemented a legacy of music which will stand the test of time.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Re: W.E.T. - Work of Art - Eclipse - Talisman (AOR)

Message par Gandalf »

Rien à jeter chez W.E.T :bang: :bang: :bang:
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Toujours aussi bon ce groupe,j'avais loupé cet album,je me regarde le "one night in Stockholm" encore régulièrement :amour:
Vivement un autre DVD ;)
I hear her voice in the night
Cries of joy
We were good... good...good...
Répondre