VAN HALEN le retour!

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

PE
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par PE »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

DefendersOfTheFaith a écrit :En écoutant un peu plus David Lee Roth pourtant, j'ai l'impression qu'il n'a pas tout perdu mais qu'il fait juste n'importe quoi.
En comparaison avec Paul Stanley qui lui a vraiment la voix endommagée, je me demande si on ne peut pas mettre ça sur le compte d'un mélange d'un égo et de négligence.En gros dans la tête du mec, c'est "Je suis là , je suis David Lee Roth, et c'est déjà énorme".
Entièrement d'accord. Roth a toujours été limité, c'est certain, mais là il fait pas l'effort, et ça craint. Quand il s'applique un peu plus (il a quand même pas mal de bons moment sur le live) c'est tout à fait correct. Il n'en a juste rien à foutre. Alors que oui, effectivement, le groupe, Eddie en tête est au tête, et oui, ce dernier a vraiment une longue période pourrie. Je tiens à noter que, contrairement à beaucoup, je ne regrette pas spécialement l'absence de Michael Anthony. Ok, du coup c'est pas le groupe d'origine, etc., mais je trouve l'idée sympa d'un Van Halen avec 3 Van Halens :) Et le gamin avoine vraiment. En plus on l'entend bien. Et même niveau backing vocals, si ce n'est pas le niveau d'Anthony (un des gros points noirs pour la plupart), je trouve qu'il s'en sort très bien.
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Petite guerre des mots entre Hagar et Roth, un peu ridicule mais toujours divertissant :) Ironie et cynisme au rendez-vous :
Ex-VAN HALEN frontman Sammy Hagar has fired back at the band's current singer, David Lee Roth, over comments Roth made about the possibility of VAN HALEN ever performing Hagar-era material with Dave on vocals.

Speaking to Billboard earlier this month, Roth was asked if he would ever consider tackling any of the songs that were originally recorded with Hagar during VAN HALEN's upcoming tour. Roth responded: "Well, there's a credibility issue there. Good, bad or in the middle, you know Roth means it; the other guy doesn't. And that's why it sold half as well. Literally, Midas Bible half. Never did better than half. And why would you bring that into the proceedings? This hamburger don't need no helper. [There] ain't no rehearsing pants in my closet."

Hagar has since responded to Roth's comments, questioning whether Roth could handle the vocals on a Hagar-sung VAN HALEN hit like "Right Now".

"The [VAN HALEN] boys are out on tour — happily doing well, I hope," Hagar said while introducing a live version of the song by his new band THE CIRCLE during the latest edition of the "Sammy Hagar's Top Rock Countdown" radio show, "but they're not playing any Van Hagar songs. My buddy Diamond said it was something about a quality issue. I laughed. I'm cracking up. You know, sometimes the guy says the wackiest things. But there's a lot of truth in that. A quality issue — you think about that. Think about them with Diamond, singing this next song, it would definitely be a quality issue, okay? [Chuckles] It would definitely be a quality issue."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sammy- ... bsJg85e.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dans le même genre, en résumant car c'est trop long, Eddie rabaisse Michael Anthony en disant qu'il avait besoin de lui montrer comment jouer les chansons, et qu'en plus il chante mieux qu'Anthony, sous-entendu son rôle dans le groupe fut exagéré.
L'intéressé a réagi, mais très sobrement.
In a brand new interview with Billboard.com, VAN HALEN guitarist Eddie Van Halen revealed that he would love to record the follow-up album to 2012's "A Different Kind Of Truth", but that not everyone is on the same page about which musical direction the next effort should take.

"It's hard, because there are four people in this band, and three of us like rock 'n' roll," he said. "And one of us likes dance music. And that used to kind of work, but now Dave [Lee Roth] doesn't want to come to the table."

Regarding VAN HALEN's three-year union with EXTREME frontman Gary Cherone, who sang on the 1998 album "Van Halen III", Eddie said: "It was a strange thing with Cherone. We were getting ready to go on tour, and all of a sudden I see this John Travolta outfit — these big lapels and a crazy jacket. He's like, 'This is my stage outfit.' That's when I realized it wasn't going to work. But I don't dislike Gary at all."

Eddie also addressed a passage from former VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar's 2011 autobiography "Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock" that portrayed the guitarist as someone who displayed splashes of brilliance and moments of unquestionable virtuosity, but whose talents ultimately went to waste due to alcohol, drugs, lack of inspiration and laziness.

"I was an alcoholic, and I needed alcohol to function," Eddie said. "I started drinking and smoking when I was 12. I got drunk before I'd show up to high school. My ninth grade science teacher, he could smell the alcohol, and he told me, 'Don't drink anything you can't see through.' And I was like, 'So, vodka?' And he said yeah. Which was great, because that was my drink... I'm not blaming my father at all, but he was an alcoholic, too. So in our household, it was normal. But it never affected his work, although I guess it didn't affect my work, either. Around 2004, I suppose I became a very angry drunk. But [the stuff in Hagar's book] was definitely embellished. That's him painting a picture of something that never happened."

The guitarist went on to defend his decision to enlist his son Wolfgang to play bass for VAN HALEN following the dismissal of Michael Anthony.

"Every note Mike ever played, I had to show him how to play," Eddie claimed. "Before we'd go on tour, he'd come over with a video camera and I'd have to show him how to play all the parts." Van Halen also downplayed the rôle Anthony's harmonic backing vocals play in creating the group's signature sound. "Mike's voice is like a piccolo trumpet. But he's not a singer. He just has a range from hell," Eddie said. "Mike was just born with a very high voice. I have more soul as a singer than he does. And you know, people always talk about Mike's voice on VAN HALEN songs, but that’s a blend of Mike's voice and my voice. It's not just him."

Anthony, for is part, offered the following rebuttal to Billboard.com: "I am proud to say that my bass playing and vocals helped create our sound. I've always chosen to take the high road and stay out of the never-ending mudslinging, because I believe that it ultimately ends up hurting the VAN HALEN fans."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/eddie- ... rOYeIVc.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Hagar prend la défense de Michael Anthony en qualifiant les mots de Eddie de "mensonges". Assorti d'un "va te faire enculer", en résumé là aussi.
Former VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar has branded Eddie Van Halen "a liar" after the legendary VH guitarist claimed in an interview that Eddie had to show ex-VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony "how to play all the parts" to the band's classic songs before they would go on tour.

Speaking to Billboard.com, Eddie Van Halen defended his decision to enlist his son Wolfgang to play bass for VAN HALEN following the dismissal of Anthony. He said: "Every note Mike ever played, I had to show him how to play. Before we'd go on tour, he'd come over with a video camera and I'd have to show him how to play all the parts." Van Halen also downplayed the rôle Anthony's harmonic backing vocals play in creating the group's signature sound. "Mike's voice is like a piccolo trumpet. But he's not a singer. He just has a range from hell," Eddie said. "Mike was just born with a very high voice. I have more soul as a singer than he does. And you know, people always talk about Mike's voice on VAN HALEN songs, but that’s a blend of Mike's voice and my voice. It's not just him."

Earlier today, after being told of Eddie's latest comments about Michael Anthony, Hagar released a video message defending the bassist, with whom he currently plays in THE CIRCLE, also featuring Jason Bonham on drums and Vic Johnson on guitar. He said (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "It's really irritating to see them go after Mikey. Mikey didn't do anything — ever — to VAN HALEN. Mikey was the most loyal guy in the band. He was the first guy there at rehearsal, the last guy to leave, the guy that was… the first guy at the gig, the guy that flew the… carried the banner, the flag, the VH banner… he carried it every night. And the horseman with the flag, the flagman on the horse in the calvary. That was Michael Anthony, okay?! [He was] a hundred percent dedicated. [He] never did anything to hurt those guys. And they try to hurt him again, and again, and again."

He continued: "For Eddie to say he had to show [Michael] what to play and had to teach him all those songs, that is the biggest line of bullshit I've ever heard in my life. I was in that band for eleven years, and there was never a video camera involved of Eddie showing him what to play. Eddie would tell him what to play once in a while, and say, 'No, Mike, don't play with that many notes. Just stay on one note — boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom — so that I can fuck up and nobody will know it.' It was that kind of shit. And I am telling you straight up, especially on the '04 reunion tour, if Mike would have played any more than one note, it would have been showing that Eddie wasn't playing the right chords again and again and again; I couldn't sing to 'em, you couldn't play bass to 'em. So… that is a lot of bullshit."

Hagar added: "I don't know why they go after him like that. He doesn't deserve it. He's one of the greatest rock and roll bass players ever in the world. Michael Anthony is Top 5 rock and roll bass player in the world. Any bass player will tell you that, any musician will tell you that. Listen to him play on THE CIRCLE. He ain't going 'boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom' unless it was called for.

"Michael Anthony is a bad motherfucker. Fuck you, Eddie Van Halen, for saying that about Mikey. You're a liar."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sammy- ... fpDPbAM.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Lors de la première date de sa nouvelle tournée aux US, le groupe a joué pour la première fois 2 titres et ressorti des morceaux qu'ils n'avaient plus interprété pour certains depuis au moins 35 ans ! :o
VAN HALEN kicked off its 2015 summer tour Sunday night (July 5) in Seattle and pulled out some rarely played deep cuts from its catalog. The band started the show with "Light Up The Sky" from its 1979 sophomore album, a track that hasn't been played live in 35 years, and performed "Drop Dead Legs" and "Dirty Movies" live for the first time. Also included in the setlist was the rarely performed "In A Simple Rhyme" from 1980's "Women And Children First".

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: VAN HALEN le retour!

Message par Everflow »

D'après DLR c'est terminé, du moins avec lui.
Asked if he was "bummed out" that he couldn't tour with VAN HALEN this past summer, as had been rumored several months ago, Roth responded: "That's been canceled a number of times, and I think VAN HALEN's finished and this is the next phase. I've inherited the band de facto — whatever that means. I think it means if you inherit it, carry this proudly. VAN HALEN isn't gonna be coming back in the fashion that you know. And that being said, Eddie's [Van Halen] got his own story to tell. [It's] not mine to tell it."

Roth's latest comments echo those he made earlier in the month when he told the Phoenix radio station KSLX that he was "the face of VAN HALEN from this point on, most likely. I'm not sure what's happening with Ed, but he's probably not gonna answer the bell this time," he said. "And it's not my place to guess."

Asked if he was implying that Eddie Van Halen had been dealing with some health issues as of late, Roth replied: "I hear all the same rumors that you do and it's not my place to guess."

Earlier this year, rumors were rampant that the classic-era lineup of VAN HALEN would reunite for the first time since 1984. It's unclear why the tour didn't happen, though there has been online chatter that a health setback involving Eddie Van Halen might have been responsible.

The guitarist was treated for tongue cancer in 2000, resulting in surgery which removed a third of his tongue. He was declared cancer-free in 2002.

In a 2015 interview with Billboard, Van Halen revealed that he had given up smoking cigarettes but blamed guitar picks for his cancer diagnosis.

"I used metal picks — they’re brass and copper — which I always held in my mouth, in the exact place where I got the tongue cancer," Van Halen said. "Plus, I basically live in a recording studio that’s filled with electromagnetic energy. So that's one theory. I mean, I was smoking and doing a lot of drugs and a lot of everything. But at the same time, my lungs are totally clear. This is just my own theory, but the doctors say it's possible."

In 2012, Eddie Van Halen underwent emergency surgery, having been suffering from a severe case of diverticulitis. The disease is a digestive disorder which involves an inflammation and infection of the colon.

Roth reunited with VAN HALEN in 2007 after 23 years apart and released a comeback album, "A Different Kind Of Truth", in 2012.

VAN HALEN has been inactive since it completed its U.S. tour in October 2015 in Los Angeles, California.
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: VAN HALEN le retour!

Message par lelite »

Je pense qu'il est temps de fermer le sujet, Van Halen c'est du passé il n'y aura plus de retour.
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Répondre