Borknagar (viking / prog metal)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

C'est prévu pour octobre et je sens que ça va être assez :petard:

BORKNAGAR mainman Oystein G. Brun has issued the following message
regarding the group's current activities:

"We are right now finishing the production of our upcoming,
acoustic-based album. The music is hard to describe in simple words, but
you should expect an album with a heart and a nerve that is truly
unique. We are really looking forward to unleash this epos of musical
magic upon the world as we have been planning this album for ages...

"The album is set to be released during October through Century Media
Records worldwide. A more specific release date will be issued soon.
There will be nine songs on the album. The titles are: 'Earth Imagery',
'White', 'Cynosure', 'Human Nature', 'Grains', 'Acclimation', 'Signs',
'The Spirit of Nature' and ... a surprise. The album will contain one
re-arranged/ re-recorded song from one of our previous albums.

"On this album we have had to pleasure to work with Erik Tiwaz (a.k.a.
Tyr) once more. He was the man behind the brilliant basslines on
'Empirisicm' and has truly granted us with his magical low frequencies
on this album as well.

"More news regarding a specific release date, additional guest musicians
and the album title will be issued very soon!"

BORKNAGAR's sixth album, "Epic", was released in June 2004 through
Century Media Records.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

A voir tiens, ça peut bien le faire ce truc ! :rock:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Borknagar - Universal

Message par Everflow »

Ce groupe norvégien de black/atmo/folk continue sa route :
Indie Recordings has confirmed that BORKNAGAR’s upcoming album, Universal, will be released worldwide on February 22nd.

The album will be released in 4 different formats: regular jewlcase CD, limited digipack including bonus disc, CD box with extras and gatefold LP with double vinyl.

Cover art and more information will be revealed shortly.

Some recent words from mastermind/guitarist Øystein G. Brun: "Making of Universal was recorded, edited and produced by the band in order to satisfy you - the fans! This will grant you with a glimpse into the process of making our new album Universal and even a small taste of what is about to come. Four episodes will be launched during this autumn, towards the actual release in early 2010. Hope you enjoy this ride throughout the making of this grandiose album, we certainly did!"

So here it is! Part 1 of the Borknagar Universal studio report!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Re: Borknagar

Message par Mr. Sandman »

il est temps que je me penche un peu plus sur ce groupe depuis le temps que j' en entends parlé ! :euh:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

mouais, ce groupe a perdu de l'intérêt avec le départ de Vortex je trouve, vu en live deux fois et le chanteur est vraiment pas bon pour faire les voix claires. Ok Vortex a chanté que sur 2 albums mais bon...

:edit: je vois que c'est Vintersorg le chanteur, je croyais qu'il était bon
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Le premier "Borknagar" (1996) et le deuxième "The Olden Domain" (1997) sont deux excellent albums de Viking Metal que j'écoute encore souvent. Après la transition vers quelque chose de plus progressif est trop nette pour moi et n'en suis pas particulièrement amateur.
J'avais écouté l'album "Epic" (2004) que j'avais trouvé pas si mal, mais j'en suis resté là....
ImageImageImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le blabla et la jolie pochette :
The cover artwork for "Universal", the new album from Norway's BORKNAGAR, can be viewed below. Due on February 22, 2010 through Indie Recordings, the effort will be made available in four different formats: regular jewelcase CD, limited digipack (including bonus disc), CD box with extras and gatefold LP with double vinyl.

Commented the band: "We are really proud to finally reveal the cover for 'Universal'. It has been a long process to circle in and establish the perfect visual approach for this album. A cover that is able to visually represent the album. We firmly believe that we have achieved that with the new cover and the general designs (including CD, CDL, LP and CD box) represent nothing less."

"Universal" track listing:

01. Havoc
02. Reason
03. The Stir of Seasons
04. For a Thousand Years to Come
05. Abrasion Tide
06. Fleshflower
07. Worldwide
08. My Domain (feat. guest vocals by I.C.S Vortex)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

le morceau "Havoc" sur le 'space du groupe: http://www.myspace.com/borknagar

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie de l'album demain.

norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Jolie pochette, dommage que je n'aime pas ce qu'ils font comme musique maintenant...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

l'album est sorti cette semaine, et je me suis pris une bonne baffe, moi qui ne connaissais pas du tout ce groupe avant !

Les morceaux font souvent près de 7 minutes, mais c'est un régal ce mélange de black et de prog' ! :bang:
Le refrain du morceau "Havoc" me fout des frissons à chaque fois que je l'écoute, et le morceau "Worldwide" est lui aussi somptueux !
Et l'apparition de Vortex sur "My Domain" en conclusion de l'album, est magnifique ! :bravo:

Pierre Desproges
BLCKME

Message par BLCKME »

cette fois c'est vraiment du Vintersorg comme il fallait s'y attendre (en un peu moins soupe...) Le même délire que Cronian... :(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est Vortex (ex-Dimmu Borgir, Arcturus) qui remplacera Vintersorg sur la tournée :
Norwegian black metallers BORKNAGAR have issued the following update:

"The band is currently working on touring plans for the future. Due to private commitments, Vintersorg is unfortunately not able to join the band on the road for the moment being. Because of this, I.C.S. Vortex will step in to the fold to handle vocals and bass for upcoming live activities."
?
Øystein G. Brun comments: “As stated in several interviews the last couple of months, it’s our firm intention to bring the band’s live activities up a notch - in respect for all our fans. There is just no way we can dismiss all the requests we get all over the world. We are currently working on some really interesting touring plans, but unfortunately our brother in music Vintersorg is not able to come along for the moment being due to private commitments. So Vortex, being a previous member and always a good friend of the band, it feels great to have him back in the fold in order to execute these plans. Also, I would like to express my deepest admiration for Vintersorg’s open minded and supportive attitude, embracing the idea to pull this off with Vortex in his absence - to make this a genuine and worthy solution for Borknagar.”

? Vintersorg comments: “This is just what the band needs at the moment. I’m not leaving the band or anything like that, but my work situation is holding me back for doing these shows. I know I.C.S Vortex will bring all his personality and skills into this to make it perfect! I wish I could be there.”

I.C.S Vortex comments: “I am looking forward to see all you old school helmet-wearing mo-fos on the road and to spend some quality time once again with my favorite vikings. Let’s make this event "a really special BM party come on!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Borknagar - Urd

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album des norvégiens le 26 mars.
Norwegian avantgarde metallers BORKNAGAR have completed work on their new studio album with Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (OPETH, PARADISE LOST, KATATONIA) in Örebro, Sweden. Entitled "Urd", the CD will be released on March 26 in Europe and March 27 in North America via Century Media Records.

The album's artwork was designed by Brazilian artist Marcelo Vasco, who has not only already worked on the band's previous "Universal" release but also with artists such as SOULFLY, BELPHEGOR, EINHERJER and KEEP OF KALESSIN.

Commented BORKNAGAR mastermind Øystein G. Brun: "The cover and design for 'Urd' is spot on when it comes to portraying the very core of the band. This time around we wanted an earthly expression through our cover and general design to support and empower the main themes on the album. You can almost smell and feel the texture of the old Norse wooden carvings — still there is a sophisticated and eclectic approach to the expression that entwines perfectly into the music. Marcelo Vasco enhanced our ideas into brilliance, he painted the face of the beast that is about to be unleashed..."

"Urd" track listing:

01. Epochalypse
02. Roots
03. The Beauty Of Dead Cities
04. The Earthling
05. The Plains Of Memories
06. Mount Regency
07. Frostrite
08. The Winter Eclipse
09. In A Deeper World

Brun previously stated about the upcoming CD, "Our new album, 'Urd', was finished in mid December and all in all we spent about six months to record, produce and mix it. In the 'Bork-World' this isn't really long, but I can assure you that we have never before invested so much time, energy and effort into one single production. It has been a tough, yet inspiring ride.

"Since June 2011 I have constantly been working with this album, recording, editing and so forth — day and night. The same goes for my comrades. Never before have we made an album where everybody in the band has been so heavily involved and dedicated as this time around.

"'Urd' is surely the peak of our musical journey so far and we are extremely proud to have made this giant of an album! It's massive, it's emotional, it's fast, it's slow, it's epic, and it's progressive… all the ingredients that we have crafted our musical world on! And not to mention the 'golden threesome' on vocals (Vintersorg, Mr. Vortex and Lazare) really shines on this album… Do I need to say more?!"

Regarding where the album title fits in within BORKNAGAR's historical context, Øystein explains, "Our previous album was called 'Universal' and where should we go after an album title with such a magnitude? Well, we decided to head back home to earth. We really wanted to get back to the core of the band, where it all started - the admiration and pondering about nature and mankind's place therein. 'Urd' is the name of one of the norns that according to northern mythology stands under Yggdrasill and weaves the lifeline of mankind. 'Urd' is representing the past, while 'Verdande' is representing the present and 'Skuld' is representing the future. You might very well say that this is an ancient expression of what we today know as DNA. And I have always been very fascinated by the fact that parts and bits of our DNA actually derive from the very beginning of time. All living creatures are somewhat connected to the very first organic cell. That is some of the story behind the album title…"

BORKNAGAR 2012 is:

* Øystein G. Brun (Cronian, ex-Molested) – Clean and Electric Guitar
* Vintersorg (VINTERSORG, FISSION) - Grim Vocals, Clean Vocals and Choirs
* Lars A. Nedland (SOLEFALD, ex-CARPATHIAN FOREST) - Keyboards, Clean Vocals, Choirs
* Jens F. Ryland (ICS VORTEX) - Lead Guitar
* ICS Vortex (ex-DIMNMU BORGIR, ARCTURUS, ICS VORTEX) - Bass, Clean Vocals and Choirs

Drums and percussion on "Urd" were performed by David Kinkade (SOULFLY, ex-MALEVOLENT CREATION).

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'aime :rock:

norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

J'avais entendu un titre de cet album sur un sampler à sa sortie, faut que je me le prenne c'est vraiment pas mal du tout. Bon je préférais ce qu'ils faisaient à leur début tout de même.
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Cet album a vraiment l'air de faire l'unanimité... à juste titre car il est vraiment bon :up:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Invité du prochain album, Garm leur premier chanteur.
Norwegian progressive black metallers Borknagar are happy to announce that original vocalist Kristoffer "Garm" Rygg (Ulver) is to guest on two tracks of the band's upcoming album, due out this fall through Century Media. The as-yet-untitled album will be mixed in June by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studio.

Commented Borknagar mainman Øystein G. Brun: "These days, 20 years ago, Kristoffer and I hooked up for the very first time in Bergen to record vocals for the Borknagar debut album. Glorious days, indeed.

"Last night I was barely asleep as I got the first vocal samples from Kristoffer late yesterday evening and have been listening to the songs repeatedly since then. Being a former bandmate and a huge fan of his work ever since we parted ways back in the days, I certainly did expect a lot, but what he sent over this time around surpasses every expectations. Really! Still trying to get my jaw back in position and the goosebumps seem to have turned chronic on me.

"Kristoffer performs the lead vocals for one full song called 'Winter Thrice' and does additional vocals for another opus called 'Terminus'. Being a profoundly nostalgic person, this makes me reflect about how damn lucky I am to have been able to work with some of the finest vocalists in the world throughout the years. Musically, the upcoming album will be a celebration of just that. Along with the vocals of Vintersorg, ICS Vortex and Lazare, it should be needless to argue that this will be a very special album! Massively so!"
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Sortie annoncée pour janvier 2016 :
The newest studio album by BORKNAGAR is completed and now set for a worldwide release through Century Media Records on January 22nd, 2016. The album is entitled “Winter Thrice” and will be the 10th album by these Norwegian epic black metal pioneers. The album was mixed and mastered at Fascination Street Studio in Sweden by Jens Bogren (Opeth, Kreator, Paradise Lost, etc.), who already took care of mixing duties for BORKNAGAR’s previous album “Urd” in 2012.

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un premier extrait en ligne et les infos sur le disque sont disponibles :

Norwegian epic black metal pioneers BORKNAGAR are getting prepared to release their newest, 10th studio album “Winter Thrice” on January 22nd, 2016 via Century Media Records worldwide. Here is the record’s tracklisting:

BORKNAGAR – “Winter Thrice”:

1. The Rhymes Of The Mountain

2. Winter Thrice

3. Cold Runs The River

4. Panorama

5. When Chaos Calls

6. Erodent

7. Noctilucent

8. Terminus

The album’s limited edition Digipak CD version and the gatefold 2-LP also come with the bonustrack “Dominant Winds” and additionally, the Digipak will include a BORKNAGAR logo-patch.

BORKNAGAR founder and guitarist Øystein G. Brun checked in with a comment about the track “The Rhymes of the Mountain” as follows: “This was in fact the very first song I wrote for the new album and in many ways a very personal song. The song is quite frankly a full throttle hymn to the mountains.

Growing up between the mountains here at the west coast of Norway, the inborn attraction towards the mountains is very real- and has been real for generations. Maybe it is just some sort of evolutionary misfiring deriving from my ancestors where I feel the urge to get up high to watch for dangers or enemies approaching from the coast, or to find new places to settle down. Maybe, maybe not. But throughout history, mountains have had a special place in many cultures and that’s certainly no coincidence. This is my way of portraying the grandeur feeling of being on a mountain top with thin air, deadly winds and bloody taste in my mouth. That feeling.”

And he added the following about the album’s artwork (to be seen above!): “Once again we have been delighted to work with the genius Brazilian designer Marcelo Vasco to achieve a visual expression that projects the quintessence of our new album, “Winter Thrice”. As usual there is no obvious concept we uphold, but rather a piece of design with subtle ideas pointing in various directions. First and foremost the cover holds the general feeling or the flavor that we wanted to express through the music and lyrics. The grandeur depth, the fierce reality and the cosmic mystery of life. As an example the upper part of the cover has a cosmic feel to it and likewise the bottom part has a more earthly vibe. The wood-carved tree somehow represents the link between the two essential scopes in life – inwards and outwards, whilst the fire burns. And for those looking very closely on details you’ll also find some references to our previous work. Apart from that I prefer to leave it for everyone else to find their own meaning in the cover.”

“Winter Thrice”, which – just like the previous album “Urd” from 2012 – was once again mixed by Jens Bogren /Fascination Street Studios (Opeth, Kreator, Amon Amarth, etc.) and packaged in artwork by Marcelo Vasco /P2RDesign (Slayer, Machine Head, Soulfly, etc.), is unique to the BORKNAGAR catalogue also because it features four vocalist parts, including the return of original singer and Ulver-mastermind Kristoffer Rygg, a.k.a. Garm, who guests on two songs. “Winter Thrice” encompasses everything that BORKNAGAR has put to tape over the past two decades, from their most brutal assaults to their most experimental compositions, with a larger progressive vibe than ever before, making it an absolute highlight in the band’s already stellar career so far… BORKNAGAR have already been confirmed to appear at next year’s edition of Germany’s Wacken Open Air festival, taking place on August 4th-6th, 2016. And more tourdates to promote the release of “Winter Thrice” will be announced in the coming weeks. Further details about “Winter Thrice” to follow soon too…

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Voilà un des titres avec Garm en invité :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:up:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Borknagar (viking / prog metal)

Message par Everflow »

Sortie fin septembre pour le prochain album.
The upcoming album by Norway's avant-garde metallers BORKNAGAR, titled "True North", will be released on September 27 via Century Media. The follow-up to 2016's "Winter Thrice" was once again been mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios in Sweden.

BORKNAGAR founder and guitarist Øystein G. Brun comments: "This has indeed been a thunderous ride, and we are truly excited to finally start revealing some news about our upcoming album.

"We have spent almost two years writing, recording and producing 'True North' and we are extremely proud of what we have achieved this time around. On behalf of the whole band, I can firmly say that we have pushed the limits of our musical exploration, while our musical roots have grown even deeper into the northern ground. This is the most diverse, powerful and grandiose BORKNAGAR album to date! Let there be no doubt!

"Yet again we have been working with Thor Erik Dullum and Marcelo Vasco for cover and layout design. From the very beginning of the process, we wanted this album to have a very clear, crisp and organic cover that spearheads the cold and northern essence of the album. So what could be more natural than basing it on our very own Nordic surroundings? Furthermore, we are also very happy to reveal that we have extended our deal with Century Media Records."

BORKNAGAR is (from left to right in photo):

Øystein G. Brun - Clean and Electric Guitar
Lars A. Nedland - Keys and Vocals
ICS Vortex - Bass and Vocals
Bjørn Dugstad Rønnow - Drums
Jostein Thomassen - Lead Guitar
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »