Armageddon / Daughter Chaos (projet de Chris Amott ex-Arch Enemy)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les albums de ce projet de metal mélodique monté par le guitariste de Arch Enemy vont être distribués pour la première fois hors du Japon.
The second ("Embrace The Mystery") and third ("Three") albums from ARMAGEDDON — the Swedish melodic metal project of ARCH ENEMY guitarist Chris Amott — will get a proper and domestic release outside of Japan, where they originally came out back in the years 2000 and 2002, respectively. "Embrace The Mystery & Three" will be released as 2CD set with upgraded artwork, several bonus tracks and liner notes on November 16, 2009 in Europe and on January 26 in North America via Century Media Records.

Commented Chris Amott: "It is with great pleasure that I announce the first time ever release of these albums in Europe and the U.S.! Any fan of melodic hard rock and shred guitar playing should check this out — 'Embrace the Mystery' and 'Three' feature many great instrumental performances and epic songs! These two albums were recorded in 2000 and 2002 and have until only been available in Japan. I put a lot of work into these recordings at the time, so I am glad to see them come out!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le projet est même réactivé, avec notamment l'ancien batteur de Nevermore, et un chanteur à part entière pas encore dévoilé (et non plus Amott lui-même).
Former ARCH ENEMY guitarist Christopher Amott, who currently resides in Lansdale, a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, after marrying an American woman, is writing material for a new album from his ARMAGEDDON project. He says: "I've got a brand new band together and some kick-ass material that I can't wait to unleash on the world.

"To be honest, I haven't been this excited about working on an album in about ten-plus years.

"This one's gonna be 100% metal with loads of shred-guitar and intricate compositions.

"I am writing the music together with Matthew Wicklund (GOD FORBID, WARREL DANE, HIMSA), who is the second guitarist in the band. The hooks and melodies we have come up with are huge!! Very excited. On drums we have Van Williams (NEVERMORE). Bassist and vocalist I am not revealing yet, but I can say this much; it won't be me singing.

"I'm predicting a release for this album by summer 2013."
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le nouvel album devrait enfin (bientôt) sortir :
The official lyric video for "Captivity & Devourment", the title track of the new album from ARMAGEDDON, the band led by former ARCH ENEMY guitarist Christopher Amott, can be seen below.

ARMAGEDDON first came to life in Sweden in 1997 as a studio project, with the release of "Crossing The Rubicon", a sci-fi themed concept album. Two more full-length efforts followed, "Embrace The Mystery" in 2000 and "Three" in 2003, both featuring different lineups and different musical directions, with Amott as the sole remaining original member.

ARMAGEDDON is now resurrected in its most powerful form. The band is based out of New York City, and has brought unto itself a crushing lineup of musicians. Together they have once again conjured up the force that is ARMAGEDDON.

Due later in the year, "Captivity & Devourment" consists of 10 awe-inspiring and ingeniously crafted songs, full of devastating riffs, soaring guitar leads and fist-pumping choruses. Heavy, melodic, technical, and groovy, this is creative metal songwriting with one foot in deep in the classics and and one eye gazing towards the distant future.

ARMAGEDDON 2014 is:

Matt Hallquist - Lead Vocals
Christopher Amott - Guitar, Clean Vocals
Joey Concepcion - Guitar
Sara Claudius - Bass
Márton Veress - Drums

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le titre 'Locked In' en écoute.

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Nouveau chanteur, notamment passé par Nightrage :
ARMAGEDDON, the band led by former ARCH ENEMY guitarist Christopher Amott, has recruited Antony Hämäläinen (NIGHTRAGE, NERVOSIA, MERIDIAN DAWN) as its new vocalist.

In the early 1990s, Hämäläinen started playing bass, drums, and singing for multiple bands based both in the USA and Finland, providing vocals for the Arizona death metal band SLAVES FOR SCORES and then NIGHTRAGE in 2007.

ARMAGEDDON commented: "We're happy to announce that Antony Hämäläinen has accepted the position as full-time vocalist for ARMAGEDDON. We are looking forward to working with him, as he brings great energy to the band, both on and off stage."

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe change de nom mais reste un peu dans le heavy/melodeath :
From the ashes of legendary Swedish melodic death metal band Armageddon (Christopher Amott - ex-Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility), Daughter Chaos is born.

Daughter Chaos is a 5-piece ensemble churning out ripping melodic death metal with a high energy live show, virtuosic guitar shred, and a heaping dose of raw power. This is pure heaviness with a rock n roll edge, and we are hungry to storm the world, bringing our experience to as many venues as possible.

As various combinations of this incarnation, and under the moniker Armageddon, the band have played such legendary venues as Loud Park Japan at Saitama Super Arena, and the Palacio de Los Desportes in Mexico City. They are no stranger to small clubs, as well as large venues, and they are prepared to take it to the top.

As you will see in their members list, they have all cut our teeth in the industry, playing with legendary bands, and now are ready to make their impact as a whole new animal, with fresh energy for the metal music world.

Daughter Chaos is:

Antony Hämäläinen (Armageddon, Nordjärvi, Nightrage) - Vocals
Joey Concepcion (Armageddon, Arch Enemy, Jasta, The Absence) - Guitar
Sara Claudius (Armageddon, The Obsessed) - Bass
Andrew Pevny (Armageddon, Framework) - Guitar
Yanni Sofianos (Obsession) - Drums

Répondre